It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: As your sun is setting.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParAvion
reply to post by mandroids

I just think you're out trollin' ...

Each to their own I guess

if it quacks like a duck....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, or Jesus. Sorry take your comic books elsewhere-I won't give you any of my money for your church sorry...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Congratulations. You just went from being someone I disagreed with but could still have an intelligent conversation with to an uninformed bigot. We're no more or less moral than theists.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You know what happens when people of faith stop trying to influence government? We get heathen who butcher unborn babies like cattle, treat them like they are not even human when their DNA says 100% human. DNA does not lie.

You won't see anyone that calls themselves a "christian" condoning the murder of unborn babies, not a true believer of the Living God. Jesus said "suffer the little children to come unto me", not "butcher the babies, i want something to eat".

Being without God means you are amoral, you have no inhibition and you follow your own selfish desires and you suffer from godlessness. You are willing to entertain ideas and actions that would horrify people of moral standards.

This is a post from this thread. Want to know why atheists may come off as being angry on occasion? Try being told what you believe and how you live your life by people who exhibit zero understanding of atheism. Keep in mind -- most atheists were theists at some point, but very few theists were ever atheists.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Man I am getting SICK of these posts. More so than the Elenin ones.

You go and keep believing a book assembled by Romans at the Council of Nicea, the same Romans that crucified Jesus. You go and keep believing that back then their intentions weren't to control the masses through religion, and you go and ignore the inquisitions weren't held to destroy anything that went against what they wanted worshipped.

Finally, you go and keep believing somehow, in Gods infinite wisdom of allowing free will, that he somehow, for some reason, decided that he would mysteriously BREAK THAT RULE OF FREE WILL as to ensure the book assembled by the Romans was the complete, unadulterated, truth and not put in place to control and confuse people.

Catch my drift.

You say the Sun is setting on Atheism.

I say the Sun is setting on religion, and the bible.

The books I have been reading....The Epic of Atra-hasis. The Epic of Gilgamesh. The Book of Enoch. The Book of the Secrets of Enoch.

Creation, Flood...as the bible tells it....LIES.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

In answer to your question, I am not angry. I rarely respond to these types of posts, but your title intrigued me. You see, it is actually Christianity that is on the decline, as in, the Christian sun is setting.

America is a less Christian nation than it was 20 years ago, and Christianity is not losing out to other religions, but primarily to a rejection of religion altogether, a survey published Monday found.

CNN article

Now, I would like to say that I find your words disrespectful and stereotypical. Not at all good for encouraging debate, which is what it seems like you may have been trying to do? But as someone before me said, your logic got shot full of holes like Swiss cheese.

As for the poster who believes that all atheists are immoral, I can only pity you and your terribly limited worldview. You should consider expanding your horizons and learning more about the world at large. Belief in a god does not equate to morality, nor does disbelief in one equate to being immoral. The two are not connected.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It amazes me how insecure beleivers are. How they constantly feel the need to reaffirm their own beliefs by questioning others. It's pretty sad actually. Spending countless hours at church, putting money you probably can put to better use in the collection plate, missing the football game, etc all so you can hopefully secure your spot in the magical place you call heaven. News flash, when you die, you decompose. No magic there, just natural processes. Pleaze stop making these pointless threads just so you can sleep better at the night. It's understandable to be scared of death, most people are, but to dilute yourself about lifes end is just a severe case of denial. Gotta go, the sun is setting.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You wrote:

["Being without God means you are amoral, you have no inhibition and you follow your own selfish desires and you suffer from godlessness. You are willing to entertain ideas and actions that would horrify people of moral standards."]

And the moral standards used for measuring morality are (as most of your arguments) ofcourse circular in origin. Christian standards 'justify' christian standards.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
im an athiest grrrrrr

only kidding, about being angy that is, i am an athiest

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by itsatrap

First of all there were only 3 post after mine, only 1 could of been some what aggressive. SO ur wrong on that.

2nd I never said what my beliefs and views are besides the FACT that we all have the power to change the outcome. I really dont believe in religion, i just know alot about them SO again ur wrong.. And I know there are thousands of religions thats one of the reasons im not religion. Faith is believeing that everything will be alright (someone has ur back).... Faith is voided if you believe in ur self and put forth an effort to change you and your environment...

Im not feeding the troll u are by ur post, ur getting away from the point.... ur adding information that really didnt need to be said, u could either say good point or bad point and give me ur views... dont just critisize!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
As a tolerant atheist, my Sun is shining.
People should be able to believe what they want, as long as it doesn't affect others.
As long as it doesn't cause, or enhance global conflict,
As long as it doesn't promote intolerance of others belief systems.

Which system has the biggest, widest open arms policy?
That is, which one is most tolerant without attempting to convert non-believers.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I'd say in the post-colonial world shamanism has the biggest embrace.
Even where the Bible or the Koran has been introduced it may be interpreted through a local lens.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

You may be right.
The BIggest "embrace" of this type that I am aware of is a Western Tribe of Native Americans forming a GIANT hug around my wife during a battle over mining rights to a Sacred Mountain..She helped this Tribe literally save one of their Holiest of places in the region. From Bulldozers, Dump trucks, and toxic runoff.
This giant hug, filled an auditorium, and she was in the middle of it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

In SA I'm also thinking about how Christianity reinforces certain African beliefs.
Witch-hunting has actually been called a "development issue" in SA.
So the fear is that whatever missionaries may teach, it can be totally misinterpreted through an existing lens.

On a more direct level however I thinks it's good that people are learning of multiple influences.

edit on 25-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
As this thread elsewhere has been used as an argument (possibly even a 'proof') out of the context on this other thread, I wonder what the meaning of making this one is, considering the absense of the thread-author here.

A kind of hit-and-run, doctrinal graphitto, which later can be used as a 'reference-point'. A part of the BIG, elaborate theist circle, which eventually bites its own tail, if the reader has the stamina to go through it all.

But maybe that's the point; a few unwary and gullible individuals getting lost in the intricacies on the way, being 'saved' from being lost.

The alleged 'anger' is more annoyance from having my intellectual competence expected to be incapable of seeing this for what it is. Another propaganda manifesto.

I don't 'sieg heil' either.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There is narrow mindedness on all fronts... When I was a young boy we were taught about the story of the blind men and the elephant. One blind man grasped the elephants trunk and declared that elephants were like snakes. Another clung to a leg and proclaimed that elephants were like trees. A third rubbed the elephants ear and decided that elephants were like BIG flat leaves.

When I was a child this example was used to show how different people can percieve and experience god in very different was. All of the blind men were correct and yet none of them were completely right either. The BIG picture was hidden to them.

I think the same thing applies here... Religion has many truthes to offer us, but religion is only a small portion of the complete picture.

Atheists as a mattter of course are going to have different 'truths'.

The thing that angers me is that I believe this world is manifested by it's inhabitants. Henceforth I don't think it's unfair to say the religion has a lot to answer for. When I examine christianinty closely I find hypocrisy and bigotry. Racism and Eliteism... not to mention a host of unhealthy and damaging teachings that have a huge negative effect on the surrounding culture...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I want to know why the chrsitian's are angry.

Why does gay marriage anger them?
That's simply more obvious as an example.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Why are you so vocal and angry at the moment? We have books, lecture tours and posts on here that could best be described as a passive aggressive [and sometimes not so passive]. What fuels that I wonder?

I think you've got your answer to that question. But I'd like to point out that in EVERY group of people, there are angry, passive aggressive people. There are angry, passive aggressive Christians; angry, passive aggressive cops; angry, passive aggressive teachers; angry, passive aggressive ATS members.

Being angry and passive aggressive are not atheist traits. Only disbelief in a deity is.

In fact, if you ask me, the title of this thread is a bit passive aggressive... "As your sun is setting..." WTH is that?

edit on 9/26/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: needed a final thought

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

IT means we get to ponder the beautiful "heavens". the stars, the moon, the planets.
Then it shines again in the morning.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join