It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is HUGE! 3 days of darkness is possible?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by JibbyJedi

poor argument.
size of the moon in comparrison as well as distance.

not that I believe it, but if a planet sized body was at that distance travelling with us, 3 days would seem possible.

O woe, thy Canopy is dust and stone!
No one on the media is talking about Elenin. At least not in the hyped way of conspiracy theorists. Or is it because the government is still covering this up even though we can't even see it yet? No increase in earthquakes and hurricanes and tornadoes. I am not seeing an increase in white unmarked government planes. But I am reading more articles about increase of unmanned drone planes in Somalia. But if you are a Christian like myself, you still facing the trials and tribulations in the world. Elenin or not that will always be.

If I may trust the flattering truth of sleep
My dreams presage some joyful news at hand,
My bosom's lord sits lightly in his throne;
And all this day an unaccustomed spirit
Lifts me above the ground with cheerful thoughts.
I dreamt my lady came and found me dead --
Strange dream that gives a dead man leave to think --
And breathed such.

edit on 24-9-2011 by MarkScheppy because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by MarkScheppy because: looking at paintings of smurfs

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SunShineKid

God almighty, you get stars and flags for this bull#.

We really dont need a flippin comet, you idiots are going to kill us.

ffs

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunShineKid
reply to post by radkrish

If Elenin is just this "tiny wimpy insignificant comet" that we have been told then yes, I agree with you!
However, if it has a size greater than Jupiter, then is it possible?

if it was larger than Jupiter, almost all amateur astronomers (that excludes NASA) would have noticed it a long time ago if they wanted to look at Jupiter, Mars and the Moon with their Go-to telescopes. But then you might argue that those who programmed those Go-to telescopes a couple of years ago, were instructed to correct for Elenin .... But then, the rest of the amateur astronomers that still uses tables generated years ago, and orbital elements, calculated years ago, would have noticed the pertuberances in the orbits, and I haven't heard a single report that Jupiter or Mars aren't exactly where they are supposed to be...

Unless of course, if this mystical Elenin doesn't have the mass of such an large object, but then, it wouldn't affect the earth, would it????

And as for 3 days of darkness, anybody north of the arctic circle, or in Antartica can tell you it is not as bad as what it sounds, lol

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

But could YU55 cause 3 days of darkness since it will come between the earth and moon in Nov.
it is large and looks more like a planet also...photo here..
www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Does this constitute, "retarded"?!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Well.. I'm with you in believing this is non sense, but your argument doesn't work because the moon orbits us so it couldn't block the sun very long. Since the comet doesn't it could technically travel along beside us and appear large if it was close enough.

Like I said, technically, but realistically it's a ridiculous idea.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Oh geez. You're right.
When you said "Cancer" I had a "doh!" moment. The Beehive is in Cancer but, as I said earlier, the cluster in question is in Taurus. This makes it...the Pleiades after all.

Thank you for checking my work. It's not the first time I've gotten the two confused in images from STEREO.

edit on 9/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage your a clever man/woman...and I'm sure you will know the answer to this, what was the ATS conclusion over the swiss franc/comet elenin connection?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

The comet is Halley's

Scheme of the solar system, from the letters to a German Princess. Represented the sun and the orbits are then known planets Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn and those of every 76 years recurring comet Halley. Uranus Euler was seen shortly before death for the first time and the Discovery of Neptune to the year 1846 to piece. in The presentation can be seen on one devised by von Euler 1750 Solar system water turbine.

www.euler-2007.ch...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Excellent! I love learning! lol

Its amazing that both elenin & halle end up looking the same as the one on the swiss franc

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Usually people who post that non sense sound desperate for some star love... So since you cry about it I will give you one....This is a conspiracy site anything goes. If you don't believe the OP is credible enough for your time then don't bother reading. Simple

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

Actually the orbit of Elenin looks nothing like the orbit of Halley's.
With a period of about 12,000 years (as opposed to 76), it extends far, far beyond the orbit of Pluto whereas Halley only goes beyond the orbit of Saturn.
Halley

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Hi Sunshine Kid!

I dont know if it is you who is speaking in the vid you posted, but I like the guys voice, something there makes me want to trust him. But then, I am quit (actually terribly) gullable...

No, that was certainly not me speaking on the vid i posted :/

..and not familiar with astronomy, though I always have my eye on the sky and can tell more or less the look of the stars at certain times of night during the year.

I am not an expert on astronomy too :/ but, it seems Phage knows more than me and maybe he is right that this object we see on the vid is nothing more than the "Beehive Cluster" as he claims!

I have had to plow through a lot of very distrespectful posts on this topic trying to find what I am compelled to ask, so please help out and tell me in lay terms what your take is on the following question:

1. If this thing is big enough, what other effects can it have on our planet? Tell me what you think is probable but also what is worst case senario.

If the object is not the "Beehive Cluster" and is indeed what we call "Elenin" then it may very well be a very interesting time to observe its effects upon the Earth!
The worst case scenario, in my opinion, would be massive climate changes here on Earth (big earthquakes, huge volcanic eruptions, maybe even pole shift, etc.) I truly hope that this does not happen; therefor, I prefer to believe what Phage claims it to be!

I really want YOU to answer this. Everyone else, please don't give me your disrespectful 5c worth. Unless you have real input in answer to my question.

It was really my pleasure answering your questions and concerns
even if the worst case scenario that i pointed out come to be, it surely does not mean the end of the world or mankind!

Thanks for posting!

You are more than welcome!

Let love rule your heart!

P.S. Out of the three visions that you have had in the past, the second one is the most important!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

God almighty, you get stars and flags for this bull#.

We really dont need a flippin comet, you idiots are going to kill us.

ffs

And you get stars for nothing more than just insulting others!!

Now, how cool is that???

Please stay on the topic!
Please do not insult others!

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

SunShine if this were ever happen to be true then this could be a top thread, but since you are going out on a limb, and it doesn't happen it could just be another misinformed thread. If something was to happen like this it would definitely be noticeable world-wide without a doubt...
edit on 24-9-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Where does the 3 days of darkness come from? It certainly is not from an ancient source. It is another baloney claim made by New Age frauds. There are no biblical predictions as far as I can tell. There is the part where Egypt suffers 3 days of darkness. That's about it as far as I can tell.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

If I am not mistaken, it is an old Catholic prophecy.

When I was younger my mom told me this tall tale.....almost caused me to soil meself

However, I have seemed to overlook the Egyptian connection
....maybe there is a little bit more to this story that I have so carelessly overlooked.

www.catholicplanet.com...
edit on 24-9-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

An object big enough to block the sun for 3 days would destroy the solar system and trust me you would see it coming as it took over half our sky.

What are you talking about? Our Moon is the perfect size (interesting and oddly enough) to block out the Sun in a solar eclipse. So technically all we need is something the right size ---in the right distance----- AND Earth simultaneously encountering a physical pole shift (hence not rotating) and voilà........instant blockage for three days!

Hey?.....have yourself an alien abduction. You'll quickly realize you can never say 'never' again! Words of wisdom my friend: everything you THINK you know?......is all wrong!

Love and light~

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Actually, you are missing a simple concept regarding optics... It depends on the distance. For instance, stand outside in the sidewalk, look down the street, close one eye and fix your focus on a bus. A bus is larger than you, by extension, it MUST be larger than any part of your body, but if you raise your hand, extend your thumb (or any finger) in perfect alignment with your eyesight/vision, you can easily move your thumb towards or away from your eyes and completely block out the entire bus and most of the street, depending on the angle. Yet your thumb is much smaller than the bus (i.e. the sun) and much smaller than a car (i.e. the moon).

Side note, a comet is usually a dirty ball of substances combined into a celestial body, mostly frozen dust; during the approach, the sun will warm the ice and cause out gassing, this will leave a trail of dust behind it. If you have a large enough trail of dust, you can easily produce a dimming of the sunlight, similar to a super volcanic explosion. It may not cause complete darkness, but it could easily darken the sky if it was enough dust and close enough to the Earth. There are multiple theories, I don't believe any one particular one is probably, but they are all plausible.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Read through that page and tell me where the prophecy is?

All I see is a comment about the plagues of Egypt.

The section on the Book of Job does not mention anything at all from scripture and 3 days of darkness. The 3 days are from the commentator and nothing else. The same for all of the rest. It appears to be nothing more than the narrator misrepresenting scripture. That's not a rare tactic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join