It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is HUGE! 3 days of darkness is possible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
If it does happen i hope its monday tuesday and wedensday. It would make for a wonderfully long weekend

Yeah me too, this way I don't have school and I won't have to criss cross campus all day.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
C/2010 X1 ( comet Elenin) is history.
It went POOF!

Since September 23, the comet Elenin may be visible in the field of view of spacecoronagraph C3, installed on the spacecraft SOHO. As comet disintegrated or still disintegrating, there is a strong likelihood that we did not see anything or see it, but only after post processing of the original images (I recommend not work with JPG files, to avoid possible artifacts). On images comet will move from left to right, ”under” the Sun. It may be seen as a fuzzy, hardly visible [...]

spaceobs.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SunShineKid

Right.
It's not the Pleiades. It's the Beehive Cluster in Taurus. And all it takes is a bit of astronomy to figure it out.

edit on 9/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm confused, it is now the 24th of September where I live. If this was a dwarf star, it would be starting it's alignment. I should have felt the effects by now. Sadly I haven't. This has been debunked for some time. Just because it's on youtube doesn't mean it's true.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I dont know what it is about those Russian ladies. hmmm....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Early Cuyler is my hero. Squidbillies, greatest cartoon ever made. "Frivolous Squidigation"
edit on 24-9-2011 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

Long live Unknown Hinson!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

We will buy a manual for the tank. Australia will be fine too. My accent lust knows no bounds! Remember tank on the last day, we escape the local police/military then spend the night sequestered between a few foreign ladies (separate rooms and ladies bro).

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Of course seperate rooms an ladies. What are we a couplea fugotzahs, i think not. As far as buyin' a manual, we've already stolen a tank i think we'd just snag the manual as well. I'm startin' to really dig this idea. At first it was ha ha now i'm like hmmmmm could we really pull this off.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

and if you looked at the video in question, the comet appears to be biggert than jupiter and will come in between the sun and the earth.

I am in no way saying that the comet is that big, I am saying from what the video shows is what the narrator of the video says, now if the comet is not 800klm wide but larger than Jupiter which has an Equatorial radius 71,492 ± 4 km or around 11.209 Earths.
Now an object of that size you would have to admit could have the ability to block the sun, the closer to earth the greater the chance of total blocking,
An analogy would be having a lorry 11 times the size of your car overtake you on the the sun side as you drive which is going slightly faster than you, it would block the sun from hitting your car until it finally over took you.

Of course the further away the lorry the less light is blocked.

and I repeat that I do not entirely believe the whole elenin/ earth killer scenario.
My argument was the possibility of a larger body which was shown in the video could indead block the sun for 3 days, a 800klm commet would not.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
reply to post by alkesh

Long live Unknown Hinson!!!!

Off topic,but Unknown Hinson?I love that dude!If you know what I'm talking about.

edit on 24-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Of course the further away the lorry the less light is blocked.

Very far away. The Beehive Cluster is 577 light years away. Unless Elenin was in exactly the same place last year it's the Beehive cluster we're looking at. Actually, it is the Beehive Cluster. The guy is just another youtube bonehead.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
you might just get your three days of darkness if you live in alaska if not were all in big trouble because that comet is tiny and probably broken up by now but if you have a three day blackout thats different lay off the booze i have them sometimes lol

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage

I hope that you are right!

Everyone please stay on the topic!
There has been way too many off topic replies, as in the moon was made out of cheese etc...
I don't care if the moon is made out of cheese and I do not appreciate people making fun of me or anybody else!
so please stay on the topic!

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Please stop scaring yourselves. Elenin is not going to get us. It is not going to block out the sun for three days. You'll be OK. Also, if you really believe it's going to wipe out the planet why in the HELL are you wasting your last days posting silly videos on a conspiracy site? If I thought it was gonna get us I'd be selling off assets and screwing my way through every country.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

^.^
Never fear!
SunShineKid is here

I will be giving away 3 days of free hugs to warm your hearts and souls...

Be Happy Now.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I have watched a long video by Greg Braden - 'Awakening to Zero Point'.
He explains that when the earth's magnetic field drops to zero
and coincides with Schumann resonance increased to 13
it will cause the earth to stop spinning while the magnetic poles reverse.
Whether you are in 3 days of night or 3 days of daylight will depend on the earth's postion during the pause of spin.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Why, oh why, do people see YouTube as the most credible source available? ANYONE can make a video and put all kinds of junk in it to scare people and to feed their delusions to others.
Elenin won't even hit earth. I'm so sick of these threads. I actually groan inwardly when I see them.
3 days of darkness, ok. Well I'll be sure to charge all my batteries and get my candles out, just in case...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Gregg Braden is a qualified geologist who happens to be good at explaining magnetic pole reversal (which has happened several times in history),

The Earth's magnetic field has been reducing for centuries and the rate of decrease has speeded up (verifiable).
Schumann resonance was first observed (when discovered) as 7.8 - last published as 12 - now they have stopped telling us what it is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join