It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Have a Beer with ColoradoJens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So,

curious. Are you the kind of person who associates with only those who agree with you, or do you enjoy the company of those who may disagree on major issues (political, societal etc)?

Can you have a heated discussion, passionate and all fired up, and still grab a cold one out of the fridge and hand it to the person you are arguing with?

How about after the talk; can you go get a bite and a cocktail and maintain friendship?

Just curious.

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I would have a beer with the bum down the street....no need to act like anyone is better or worth more then anyone else.

Are you buying??

I have heated discussions with my best buddy (also an ats member) and we can still be cool about our opinions regardless if they are different.
Its about respecting people really.
edit on 23-9-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I'm buying this round, yes. Thanks for that response - it just seems like people are afraid to have different opinions - doesn't mean you can't like them.

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
HA! Beat me to it! I was going to say I would gladly throw back beers with anyone and everyone and ask if you were buying. Looks like your tab is going to get expensive!

link   

Its ok to have different opinions...its not ok to look down your nose at someone else because they might disagree with you.
Respect your enemies for having the guts to stand up to you and voice their opinion.
Nothing wrong with it.

Its best to be hated for who you are then to be loved for something you are not.

link   
Yes.
I have several friends that think I am crazy for some of my beliefs, but we are still good friends and have actually had some great debates.
Especially over beer.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Straight up. We all get a little righteous in the heat of battle - you also hope your friends feel the same way...

CJ

link   
I Love a good debate, even better with good friends.

link   
I have a good friend who has totally opposite political beliefs as I do. Although he doesn't drink, we have lunch once in a while, and it gives me an opportunity to slowly bring him around to the reality that he is in denial of.

So.. sure.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Yes.
I have several friends that think I am crazy for some of my beliefs, but we are still good friends and have actually had some great debates.
Especially over beer.

Awesome - keep finding more people like that; in my experience it is often those I disagree with vehemently who eventually make an impact by their willingness to "disagree"...

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
I Love a good debate, even better with good friends.

Thanks for that - and I would add families too - coming from a big Irish family where everyone was right 100% of the time, it made for a lively dinnertable - funny how I still like those people..

CJ

link   
Absolutely, just don't cry when I prove you wrong.

Second line.

link   
So long as I can be there in jeans and a T-shirt I am good. I have no issue debating something into the ground.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My neighbors are polar opposites of me in political and religious ideology, but we all hang out. I respect their right to their opinions and they respect mine. No need to get nasty about it. Real life isn't an online forum where things can get out of hand fast.

As for the original post, CJ, your location says Colorado. Of course I'd have a a beer with you. Too many good microbreweries out there to say no

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff
Absolutely, just don't cry when I prove you wrong.

Second line.

I promise I won't. I may start crying for other reasons though. Have you seen the Broncos schedule lately?

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Can you have a heated discussion, passionate and all fired up, and still grab a cold one out of the fridge and hand it to the person you are arguing with?

How about after the talk; can you go get a bite and a cocktail and maintain friendship?

CJ

Absolutely. Do it all the time. My friends and I have a blast talking about politics over a cold, frosty one.

Do we always agree? Not even close. Are we friends afterwards? You bet.

Now when you start talking sports, that's when the discussion turns violent. (Just kidding!)

Off on a bit of a tangent, I recently went to a local Ma-and-Pa bar with a friend. All of the others there knew her and were friends of hers. This group was, how shall I say it, a bit on the pro-American, we're #1 side of things. I couldn't help but wonder if I chimed in about my doubts on the Official Story of 9/11 how long it would have taken me to find myself upside down in the dumpster outside.

I seriously doubt anyone, including my friend sadly, would step out later and hand me a beer and say "it's okay; we're all cool with you".

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Absolutely! It's great to debate difference of opinions..as long as both parties can keep it real...so, yeah, I can debate for hours and still let you hang with out me.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861
So long as I can be there in jeans and a T-shirt I am good. I have no issue debating something into the ground.

Love it - you should meet my aunt Ju-Ju in NY...weighs about 70 pounds wet, smokes those skinny Capri cigs, drinks wine and eats candy - and she LOVES to rip it up with anyone...probably the smartest person I know and has destroyed me on a few occasions...love that lady.

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

You are right - real life is much more challenging than online - the delivery can be so much more in person...you name the pub and let's hit it - I should mention I am on the wagon (ahem) but still buying...Centennial here...

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

smartest person I know and has destroyed me on a few occasions...love that lady.
CJ

How can you not love and respect someone that has made you think?
Brilliant!

Sorry to spam your thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join