It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Have a Beer with ColoradoJens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Well, I hope I have better personal skills than I can exhibt here sometimes - this is my first and only message board participation so I see later how nasty I have been sometimes...I think, huh? What was I thinking - I looked like a fool! Anyaway, the beer is flowing and some strange tunes are playing...

this is no question the best worst thing on the intranets...give it five minutes and you be forced to agree.

CJ
edit on 24-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Sure, but I ain't going to Colorado. We would probably disagree on everything anyway, so it's not really worth my time to talk to anyone anymore, but whatever. Colorado sucks for me and I will avoid going there anymore if I have to. Coming back last time I almost got killed in a whiteout I-70 westbound. Bloody mountains, always cold up there, ugh.

Added bonus is I can see my ex-gf. There is a reason she is ex and I don't live there.

Throw in the worlds creepiest airport, um, CJ, I think I'll pass. Colorado never did me any good and if I did go all I would accomplish is that there would be twice as many women in Colorado that hate me than there are now.

Thanks for the offer, though.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

TheLoony, thanks for the response! No worries mate, if CO ain't the place to do it, we'll do it somewhere else. I have great and bad memories here...my story ain't too far off yours, only I have to stay here because it is where my kids are...I'll take the beauty and try to let my wants roll for now.
Speaking of women and memories, I am not two years divorced and things are 100% better than two years ago. Time helps heal old wounds...you're a solid ATS contributor and people here respect you. Hell, what if I'm buying shots too?

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
According to my wife I am almost always just plain wrong. I married her, who am I to hold a grudge against someone else for disagreeing with me.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
According to my wife I am almost always just plain wrong. I married her, who am I to hold a grudge against someone else for disagreeing with me.

Ahahaha....so true so true...

Life is too short...it is fun to get into it with those that know a lot...I for one find I often jump at one point when if I waited another minute, I would have got the full picture...sometimes silence is as good as yelling!
Have a great Sunday, and I know it may be getting old, but I just have to say one last time I am in awe of the skeleton child eating flaming habenero Doritos with lava dip in your avatar...

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Despite his irreverent Godlessness, Colorado Jens makes me smile and would be a fun person to drink a beer with,

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Despite his irreverent Godlessness, Colorado Jens makes me smile and would be a fun person to drink a beer with,

Thanks Partygirl! Despite her Christian Fundamentalism, she makes me smile and would be a fun person to drink a beer with! As I've said before, you'd be surprised sista' soldier! Often times in NY at my aunt Ju-ju's place in Washington Heights there were a couple of clergy and nuns throwing down (Irish Catholics - scotch is like water to them) - family no less, and things got deep!

Also, I should have said, "cup of coffee" as I don't drink anymore! It is actually WAY better now in big debates where people are drinking - you see what fools one becomes after too many libations...
Happy Sunday!

I just found this - didn't even know it was up! My Aunt is a BVM who, with a Jesuit Priest from the Bronx started this mission in 1965 in Quito, Ecuador. They have been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and have gained international notice for their methods and ideas in serving the poor. Me and most of my extended family have volunteered there over the years...I had two cousins along with 24 other US volunteers there when I went - one still lives there, married with children.

AHAHAHA! Padre Juan! The BEST Priest EVER...the stories are legend - kept his ny accent through all the years speaking spanish - this guy is a saint! And HILARIOUS.

CJ
edit on 25-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That would depend on the beer. No whimpy North American beer. Gotta be European.

I can sit and drink with anyone of any stripe as long as they aren't an a-hole. Differences make for interesting conversations. And hey, you just might learn something.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oooohhh...Colorado has a couple local brews that can give the euros a run for their money!!
That said intrepid, yeah, the general gist I suppose is that you can't be right all of the time...hopefully you do learn something - and yes, all walks of life make it WAY better...it is always refreshing to have a notion you have held for years be dismissed in an instant by someone who actually knows what they are talking about...makes you think about everything else you "know"...thanks for the reply and the taps are running for football today - Broncos vs Tennessee in about 20 minutes!

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Point in fact, we had an R&B band playing last night and it was a great time. There is always one though. This ass was insulting people and being nasty to the ladies. The only thing that kept me from kicking his ass was because he was about 60. I have NO time for people like that.

Oh and the answer is "YES" to this question:

Btw, I took The Titans in my suicide pool this week.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I hear you; I too have ruled out putting up with certain things in life, especially pertaining to drunks and bad behavior. For the first time in a long while I've been on the wagon a couple months now and truly people become soooo stupid when they have had too many. Annoying isn't the word...

Your choice for the Titans is a good one. The Bronc's are not good this year - but as a sports numbers guy, I'll throw in the Broncos are 3-0 vs Tenn since they moved from Houston...anything that may portend victory I'm taking at this point...
You have a team you pull for?

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
You have a team you pull for?

CJ

Yup. They used to be somewhat of a decent team, now pathetic. 30 year Niners fan.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Not to spam it - going to watch the game now - but I can remember like yesterday Dwight Clarks catch (the whole game actually) the first bengals superbowl, the way Montana was rag dolled in NY, the GD'd BEATDOWN laid on the Broncos in the SB, etc etc etc...been a long time for you but gotta keep the faith - one of these years, once maybe the Alex Smith experiment is over, things will get better - one of the reasons I watch still? You just never know - keep the faith!

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
hmmm..

sure I'd go for a beer or coffee with ya... but it wouldn't be in colorado...for my own personal reasons..and I'd insist on bringing some of my friends along....and you could bring friends as well.

I don't think its wise for anyone to meet someone they met on the net..(even just as acquaintances on a site like this) without someone they trust to watch their backs.. to go along.

Do I think you'd want to go for a beer with me ?..
.. my guess is probably not..

You most likely don't even want me participating on this thread..

edit on 25-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I don't think its wise for anyone to meet someone they met on the net..(even just as acquaintances on a site like this) without someone they trust to watch their backs.. to go along.

I've met many members offline. Probably around 20. There's others that have met more. You have to be, well... intrepid, for a lack of a better word.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Gabby, the intent is not to really meet people, it is metaphorical...no need to bring any backup!

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Hey buddy, are you kidding me?
Bring on the beer!
By the way, what kinds of beer do Americans drink?
Is it from a big monopoly, or more local breweries?

I like wine (less calories), but we like Windhoek (capital of Namibia) Beer.
It's brewed according to the German purity law.

Cheers, my friend!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by gabby2011

Gabby, the intent is not to really meet people, it is metaphorical...no need to bring any backup!

CJ

ok..well metaphorically speaking..I would bring backup.... just in case you turned out to be some little vindictive dude..who would pull my chair out from under me if he had the chance... and accuse me of not having a sense of humor about it.

Just kidding
..metaphorically speaking of course.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Can we drink vodka instead?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff

I see though that the Broncos are taking on Tenn. this weekend....
Remember the Titans, that's all I'm gonna say.

Ah, you guys almost lost to us! If your team didn't make so many bone-headed penalties it would have been 35-0...seriously, the only reason the Broncos scored is Ten penalties - good on you...

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join