It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feast of Trumpets approaches, shall Christ return?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by modified device
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I don't think the rapture is at hand,for one I don't really believe in the rapture,I do however think the tribulation is at hand.Israel is now surrounded by enemies on all sides and facing attack from the King of the North (Turkey) but too many signs are not here.When you see the temple rebuilt,and the 2 prophets that die and are reborn then you should probably start looking towards the sky.

The 2 prophets are not people. They are the Old and New Testaments to the bible, and they are both being beaten to death in this day and age by unblievers, and the unbelievers rejoice. Look it up and see.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I mean this with the utmost respect for the various Faiths, but... Wouldn't it throw the religious world for a tail spin if Jesus did in fact return, but he turned out to be a very long lived Alien in a ship with a few thousand of his closest friends? No hostile intent here...that isn't what I mean. Just the idea that everything might be correct on prophecy but the meaning at the end may turn out to be distinctly different than people had in their minds. I fear for the closed minded folk I run into. They just wouldn't adapt to a significantly different reality being proven true.

Your right. My fear is how easily we could be taken over by some alien race that has observed us for awhile and decides to pretend and be our religious savior(s). How many would fall to their knees without even questioning "is this real"?

Doesn't the bible warn of false prophets? What is the limit to this warning?

Theres no point reading the bible because if youre not saved, you will not recieve the Holy Spirit and the bible will mean nothing to you. God reveals the hidden truths only to his children, not to his enemies.

If you were one of His children you would know that there is no such things as "aliens". They are angels, some are good and others are the fallen ones. You see them as aliens because your primative human mind is trying to rationalize something that it could never understand, Divinity.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The Feast of Trumpets timing is amazing.
I would suggest anybody reading this who isnt a Christian to consider asking Jesus in to your heart. If thats to big a stretch then stock up on supplies.
www.youtube.com...

I have never believed in the rapture, but having watched and studied the Feast of Trumpets these last few months I am now fairly sure something is happening, something very big.
Even if there is no rapture over the Feast of Trumpets, I still believe something amazing will happen.

No man knows the day or the hour. That leaves a lot of other options.
Christians get ready for something special.
Non Christians get ready for something special as well. Stock up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

Originally posted by MamaJ

My son who is turning 14 this weekend has asked me a couple of times after a few funerals..."WHY? Why do I love someone so deeply only for them to die and leave us....heart broken? It's not fair!!"

I am not so sure it is people are angry...some of just know there is more to "life" than this Planet we call home for only a period of time...then when the time has expired we literally move on.

For the ones of us who believe in another existence after this one....we become excited when we think of the love that never ends in that realm.

Look around you.....it is not only chaotic but the world is nothing like it should be in order to maintain a sense of peace and love and harmony. This place is down right evil. Only when you are constantly looking for the light in the midst of the storm do you find light. We are constantly searching for it like a little bug flying and hovering around a light.

This place is a craaaazy one...that is for sure!

Peace and love to you and yours!! xoxox

Jenn

Thanks for the love and peace Jenn, back to you threefold.
Is it not the storm itself that makes the light more precious ?
The darkest night allows the stars to shine brightest.

I have no problem with faith as long as it is accompanied by love and compassion. What makes me suspicious is people who espouse love who secretly (or otherwise) relish the suffering that may be visited upon those not only whom they view as evil but simply do not share their beliefs in a single doctrine or tradition.
In my view this glee at the prospect of tribulation and divine vengeance is a form of the very evil that these people abhor.
This Earth has always been teeming with hate and suffering, proportionately probably less so at this moment than in history.
And yes you are correct
Its craazy, always has been.

I think you have us totally wrong. We do not experience "glee" while rubbing our hands together like some spy vs. spy comic strip, at the prospect of people being punished. Why do you think christians have been spreading the word for 2000 years? Because it was the task commanded of us by Jesus because he was unwilling to let any perish. Jesus said you shall know the false prophets by their deeds, it is they who experience joy at the thought of "evil doers" getting their due and he also said he would cast them out as if he never knew them.

Jesus is coming to put an end to the hate, murder, disease, death, greed, avarice, suffering and tears for 1000 years, but first comes the tribulation, and trust me, you don't want to be here for that. If you get left here you best get your behind to Israel as fast as possible because the only "safe" place on earth will be with them after were gone.
edit on 22-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I pray every day for the Lord's speedy return.

When I first heard Camping's prediction of the Rapture I just knew he was a fool; but I don't feel that way about Rosh Hashanna, especially after seeing my fellow Christians experiencing the same joy and anticipation that I do right now.

I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was just a child, but for most of my adult life I wasn't a very good Christian. If I'm to be totally honest, I could be a better one now. I struggle against the flesh on a daily basis, and it's very hard for me. Still, I just have this feeling in my gut that it IS time, that my lifelong wait is nearly over, and I couldn't be happier. Tears of joy are running down my face right now just thinking about it.

Hallelujah Lord Jesus, I love You. I can't wait for You to wrap Your arms around me and my family and welcome us into your kingdom. Praise God, we're going home.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is no Christ, but even if there was, his return would not be a good thing. Honestly the best and most moral thing we could do as humanity is to either kill him again or at least imprison him to stop him. God is a violent sociopathic authoritarian figure. No human being has ever committed as much destruction and evil as God has in the bible, so I don't know why any good and loving person would want anything to do with him (This is of course, if you believe that he exists).

And even more disgusting is that so many Christians (especially on this site) have a total boner for violent end-of-the-world scenarios.
edit on 23-9-2011 by RavagedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Funny how happy the Christians are, I am hoping they will still be so happy when literally everything they believe will be shown to them as being quite FAR OFF in translation.... what an adjustment period that will be, you will have about 2 days to re-absorb the real truth.... and somehow try and fit it into your highly skewed world view.

And your view of just what this Christ return is.

Things will be far more complicated in different directions than most of you can believe, but i know you do not care.

It is cool though, we that have gone alot farther than your religion allows, and realize just what a "personal relationship with Christ" is... sympathize with some of you, and will certainly try our best to show the way.

And we ALSO are very happy right now, the same energies are on us all.

Just realize that most everything you learnt in Church.... has LITTLE to do with any real translation of even your own scriptures.... and live through the HEART,,,, NOT JESUS HEART,,,, YOURS.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I don't buy that because

"And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.." ( Rev 11:8-10 )

if these were the word (old and new testaments) then they wouldn't be laying in the street for the whole world to see and rejoice over.
there seems to be an increasing amount of people jumping the shark on the end times prophecies and taking one line as literal and the rest as symbolism doesn't make sense,either the whole of the prophecy is to be taken as literal or as symbolic.
too many things have not come to pass yet,sorry I just don't see this as the nearing of Gods return but I do see this as a time ripe for the anti christ and his rule.

You are right as the word is increasingly under attack and Christians are mocked to no end for our beliefs,take the second posted entered on this thread as example,bottom line is whether or not it's time for the rapture or time for the anti christ,one thing must be done and that is hold the faith,live by the word and trust the lord no matter what others think about your beliefs.Remember,Noah was mocked all the way up until the ark floated away.this is the hardest task you will be charged with,just be faithful.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

www.cog-pkg.org

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

To the question of time, I actually don't think there is but to explain would be VERY off topic. I think I actually posted my theory on here a long time ago.

To be on topic...
I personally don't believe there will be a rapture to remove the Christians from earth before the tribulation. I do think we are heading into some of the things mentioned in revelation very soon. As to every generation of Christians feeling the same way, that's to be expected. The early church as recorded in scripture was even expecting Jesus return to be in their lifetime and it has been the same with every generation since. We have seen more things happen recently though that would suggest the end is soon (and by soon I mean within the next couple decades, not necessarily the next few months or even years). One example is the re-establishment of the nation of Israel. I'm not going to be worrying about the rapture, or even any wars. Jesus himself said that wars and rumors of wars are sure to come. Wars are going to happen, whether they fulfill prophecy or not. The only thing we can do is live our lives as best we can in obedience to Christ (loving God and loving people) as we never know when the end will come... whether it be via the rapture, a war, or death comes knocking at our door.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

Funny how happy the Christians are, I am hoping they will still be so happy when literally everything they believe will be shown to them as being quite FAR OFF in translation. what an adjustment period that will be, you will have about 2 days to re-absorb the real truth. and somehow try and fit it into your highly skewed world view.

And your view of just what this Christ return is.

Things will be far more complicated in different directions than most of you can believe, but i know you do not care.

It is cool though, we that have gone alot farther than your religion allows, and realize just what a "personal relationship with Christ" is... sympathize with some of you, and will certainly try our best to show the way.

And we ALSO are very happy right now, the same energies are on us all.

Just realize that most everything you learnt in Church.... has LITTLE to do with any real translation of even your own scriptures. and live through the HEART, NOT JESUS HEART, YOURS.

I went to a Christian school from pre-k to 8th grade, so I had a good basis in Christianity from about the time I could walk. Still, as I said, for most of my adult life, even though I was saved, I didn't practice my religion.

After I got out of the Corp, I became a DJ in nightclubs and the Entertainment Editor for a large newspaper; brother I thought THAT was Heaven on Earth. I had wads of cash, fame (my radio show was the 2nd most popular in South Florida,) and I hobnobbed with celebrities like Burt Reynolds, Loni Anderson, Gloria Estefan, Peter Reckell, Rip Taylor, Charles Nelson Reilly, the New Kids on the Block, ZZ Top, and Arlo Guthrie just to name a few.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88cacb84fdae.jpg[/atsimg]

I partied all night every night (it was literally my job) and then wrote about it in the daytime. Women? Forget about it. I didn't worry if I was going to get laid on any particular night; my only concern was which sexy little chicky was I going to take home. I'm not bragging in the least, just stating a shameful fact. And looking back now I understand why I was such a dog: I had everything a 25-year-old could want, but I was empty inside. For years I tried to fill that hole with drugs, booze, and sex; but nothing satisfied me. I was always looking for more. And then I met my wife.

I was young and dumb, but thank God I wasn't stupid. I knew a good thing when I saw it and I've been lucky enough to hold onto her for 22 years. She and I started going to church, and after having done my own hedonistic thing for 15 years, I became reacquainted with the Lord. It hasn't been easy, not by a long shot. We've had our problems like any married couple, but the good times outnumber the bad 100 to 1. The both of us have overcome trials and tribulations together that most people (lucky for them) will never have to face. If it weren't for my faith in God, I would have given up on life long ago.

Do I know what Heaven will be like? Of course not. I don't think the human brain can even begin to comprehend the Glory of God, a Presence so Holy and Magnificent that even individual blades of grass will sing His praise. But I do know that I've been redeemed by the blood of Christ. As filthy as I was back then (I'm still no angel) I know that I'm forgiven for ALL of my sins. That's God's gift to us, ALL of us. We can be saved by simply asking for the gift of salvation and trusting in the Lord to do what is best for us.

My world view is hardly skewed as I've lived on both sides of the fence, and I know EXACTLY what the score is. So it doesn't really make any difference what I, or you, or anyone else thinks Heaven will be like. I trust God without reservation, and I'm sure that whatever He has in store for us will be wonderful, marvelous, awesome, and glorious! And this is a future everyone can share. It's really very simple. All you have to do is ask.

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in You and that Your Word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and that He died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without You in my heart my life is meaningless.

I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend. I give You my life and ask You to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ." Amen

And just like that, if you really mean it, eternity in Paradise is yours.

So please my friends, seek God before it's too late. You still have time, but that time is rapidly running out; in fact, it's 11:59. Don't let yourself be left to suffer thru the Tribulation.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
well i think the precessional calendar listed right in revelation goes hand in hand with things like the feast of trumpets. i read a really good treatment on this subject. basically the man shows how the statue in daniel 1 is LITERALLY all of history prior to the return of jesu, and that the additional empires mentioned in revelation, are just the fifth empire in various incarnations. it has the appearance of being a new empire, but it is ran by the same organization who ran the fifth empire in daniel's statue. (i believe the toes of clay and iron is the fifth empire, in daniel's statue, yes?)

two possibilities exist there, either the english translation screwed up the original meaning in daniel (i'll check that out and get back to ya) or some of the events most attribute to occuring later in the timeline have already occured. in which case, might be a good idea to rethink your (anybody) position on it, just in case it has caused the rest of your understanding to be skewed. however, there's alot that still hasn't, and that's where my questions had to be answered. i think revelation 12 pretty much lays it out. it's the end of the 1/3 precessional cycle that triggers the events directly preceeding the return of jesus.
edit on 23-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Im not religious in anyway. If you are a believer then what really bugs me is that we were made in his image, ie we are of equal standing to "god", so why do all the religious believers dream of kneeling at the feet of "god", a submissive act, of that there is no mistaking. Being so subservient to something as unexplainable as "god", seems to me to be just yet another dictatorship. I know i will have offended many by my comments but if we were given free will by "god", then why do we have to do as we are told on a daily basis and follow strict rules? Doesnt sound like free will to me sounds like slavery. I wonder what would happen to all religious bases if "god", did indeed turn out to be an alien, a nasty one at that, and all the talk of feasts and harvests referred to us being nothing more than a global buffet?
edit on 23-9-2011 by shinzaun because: Spelling!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by shinzaun
Im not religious in anyway. What really bugs me is that we were made in his image, ie we are of equal standing to "god", so why do all the religious believers dream of kneeling at the feet of "god", a submissive act of that there is no mistaking. Being so subservient to something as unexplainable as "god", seems to me to be just yet another dictatorship. I know i will havw offended many by my comments but if we were given free will by "god", then why do we have to do as we are told on a daily basis and follow strict rules? Doesnt sound like free will to me sounds like slavery. I wonder what would happen to all religious bases if "god", did indeed turn out to be an alien, a nasty one at that, and all the talk of feasts and harvests referred to us being nothing more than a global buffet?

if i understand the question, the answer is related to the human predilection to being obnoxiously proud, arrogant, stubborn, hypocritical, spiteful, know it alls. which pretty much describes everybody on ats (including me).
the concept is not unlike asceticism (which see), but rather more related to separating the spirit and intellect, from the demands of the animal flesh from which our bodies are composed. the animal flesh desires and demands. the spirit is not the same. they are at constant war with one another. so i do believe it's trying to say that you humble your human flesh by not letting it rule your life and thoughts, as you are not just...as yoda put it, "this crude matter". the real you is a spiritual being, trapped in an animal encounter suit. lol

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Im not religious in anyway. If you are a believer then what really bugs me is that we were made in his image, ie we are of equal standing to "god", so why do all the religious believers dream of kneeling at the feet of "god", a submissive act, of that there is no mistaking. Being so subservient to something as unexplainable as "god", seems to me to be just yet another dictatorship. I know i will have offended many by my comments but if we were given free will by "god", then why do we have to do as we are told on a daily basis and follow strict rules? Doesnt sound like free will to me sounds like slavery. I wonder what would happen to all religious bases if "god", did indeed turn out to be an alien, a nasty one at that, and all the talk of feasts and harvests referred to us being nothing more than a global buffet?

We are not God's equals. You cannot be the equal of something that created you. You try to put human limitations on the Lord when he is so far beyond anything you can imagine with your primative intellect. The free will covenant was given to man because the Lord wanted a companion that would learn to love the Lord of his own free will. The angels had been created for the sole purpose to worship and serve the Lord and be his messengers, that was the primary reason He made them. God is above the concept of being an alien because you are limited by your imagination of what He really is. This is what happens when youre an unbeliever, you try to answer questions you have with your own human rationality and in so doing you totally fail to see the truth about the Lord.

If you truly want to know the Lord, ask Jesus Christ to forgive you of your sins, to come into your life and make you a new being in Him. Ask Him to wash away your old life, your unbelief and your doubts. Ask Him to show you who He really is and to walk His path and tell Him of your desire to know Him on a personal basis. Only by accepting the Lord will you ever truly know Him, and He will open your eyes to His love and glory. This is the only way you can ever know Him, He will not show you who He is as long as you remain His enemy.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
why was i never taught about the rapture at church or sunday school as a kid?

is it actually in the new testament or is it just a marketing twist to sell more t-shirts?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
the rapture was invented in the 1800's by some cult leader....lol

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

We are not God's equals. You cannot be the equal of something that created you. You try to put human limitations on the Lord when he is so far beyond anything you can imagine with your primative intellect. The free will covenant was given to man because the Lord wanted a companion that would learn to love the Lord of his own free will. The angels had been created for the sole purpose to worship and serve the Lord and be his messengers, that was the primary reason He made them. God is above the concept of being an alien because you are limited by your imagination of what He really is. This is what happens when youre an unbeliever, you try to answer questions you have with your own human rationality and in so doing you totally fail to see the truth about the Lord.

If you truly want to know the Lord, ask Jesus Christ to forgive you of your sins, to come into your life and make you a new being in Him. Ask Him to wash away your old life, your unbelief and your doubts. Ask Him to show you who He really is and to walk His path and tell Him of your desire to know Him on a personal basis. Only by accepting the Lord will you ever truly know Him, and He will open your eyes to His love and glory. This is the only way you can ever know Him, He will not show you who He is as long as you remain His enemy.

God is / was / will be ALIEN to us. You say it yourself, he is so far beyond anything we can imagine. My imagination is not limited in anyway, IF and that is a big IF you religious believers have interpreted the bible correctly and i doubt it given how old it is supposed to be and how often it has be edited to suit agendas then i will be in BIG trouble when he / she / it comes back.
Why would God have the need to create creatures to worship him?, thats a bit self serving isnt it, a bit big headed i think. I for one do not wish to know or get to know someone or something that has played a game of smoke and mirrors with the masses for centuries. There are no answers in the bible, i have read it, the only thing that book has served to do is cause war, conflict and death. What a magnificent being god isnt.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am definitely on a feeling of high alert right now.

The only thing that I want to warn about is to follow your truest gut instincts and feelings. I feel that there may very well be a false Christ that will try to show first, and this goes along with the Feast of Trumpets disasters the last few times, which has seemed to come about using deceptive means.. (eg. 2008 / Economic Disaster)..

I found a pretty good book on the Feast of Trumpets, wherein the author seems to feel something very big to happen this year (2011) on the 29th/30th of September. The author is Woolford, and the book is The Genesis Grid..worth a read if you can get hold of a copy before then. Lots of numerical references, but pretty easy to follow.

Just keep your spirits up and trust that you will know what to do when the time comes.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

The Illuminati know what is coming because they are satanists. They have exact plans to bring in their New World Order, they know the Bible well and know that God's wrath is coming. They are planning a fake alien invasion with project bluebeam. The people into the new age are waiting for this thinking it is going to be their dawning of the age of aquarius. They are waiting for their new age christ who is really the antichrist. It is going to be total chaos and in will step a superman...the antichrist. He will sign a 7 year peace treaty with the many just like the Bible says. They will think they have peace but the Bible tells us that they will be saying “peace and safety” then sudden destruction will come upon them and they will not escape. This takes us to the next mural of total destruction. Take a look at it, this is all the things they have been warning us about for 2012.

Kwell, please understand my following comments are not intended to offend you, but I must say them.

I hear statements like yours from many people on ATS, and I usually don't respond because I know you have your beliefs and I have to respect them. However, it seems to me that these statements are a culmination of speculation only...they are not facts. These are conclusions you've drawn by mixing several different predictions and assumptions together to come to some catastrophic conclusion. If I am wrong, please direct me to the specific points you made that are factual and the source from which you derived them. The Bible cannot be considered a reliable source, I'm afraid. Maybe in your eyes it can, but considering the massive amounts of conflicting messages and contradictory information found therein, I'm sorry....it cannot be taken at face value just because you say it can.

Is this the stance that Christians will be taking from this time forward? Are they just going to sit and "wait things out" in anticipation of Jesus coming down on his white horse from Heaven to take them away from all of this while the rest of humanity who doesn't share their beliefs remains here to suffer? Do you people hear yourselves? Do you not see how irrational and arrogant this type of thinking is? Do you think God or Jesus loves one person more than another? DO YOU? Because this is exactly the message you are sending.

Why don't you join the rest of humanity and try to help us change things while we have to be here instead of waiting for someone to come and save you from the fake alien invasion you believe is going to be foisted upon the population.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join