It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feast of Trumpets approaches, shall Christ return?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by kwell

Why don't you join the rest of humanity and try to help us change things while we have to be here instead of waiting for someone to come and save you from the fake alien invasion you believe is going to be foisted upon the population.

I know you weren't speaking to me, but if I may...

How do you think the world got so messed up in the first place? "Humanity" is anything but humane.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

How do you think the world got so messed up in the first place? "Humanity" is anything but humane.

Ha! Well, I certainly can't argue with you there, OldCorp.

I'm holding on to a sliver of hope that maybe we can turn things around....I hope we can....but it will take all of us working together......

That's why I get a little bent out of shape when the Christians start their "us and them" talk.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shinzaun

Instead of feeling like you "HAVE TO" worship at the feet of God, you feel like you WANT TO. I've felt that way listening to powerful worship music at church. It's not about ME, it's about amazing awe for the Creator.

I can't wait to be in His presence!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RavagedSky

There is no Christ, but even if there was, his return would not be a good thing. Honestly the best and most moral thing we could do as humanity is to either kill him again or at least imprison him to stop him. God is a violent sociopathic authoritarian figure. No human being has ever committed as much destruction and evil as God has in the bible, so I don't know why any good and loving person would want anything to do with him (This is of course, if you believe that he exists).

Ravaged, this is the point, I'm afraid....

God is NOT a violent sociopathic authoritarian figure. MAN is the one who has portrayed him this way. Man has manipulated and distorted God into something that should be feared. This has caused humanity hopeless confusion and discontent. God is NOT something we have even begun to understand and we have found it difficult not to think of him as anything but a "human-like" entity. How can we know the truth about something we can't even begin to understand?

How can believers say "Fear nothing....for God is always with you," yet turn around and live in FEAR of what GOD will do to them if they don't do as he says.....and EXPECT others to live in the same kind of fear? Why do some find it so easy to live with this contradictory belief? Why do so many humans seem to PREFER living life in fear? I think it is a fair question.

Isn't it possible that man has gotten this aspect of God wrong? Isn't it possible, considering the many other things man has been wrong about, that this is a belief that needs to be revisited and re-evaluated?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
why was i never taught about the rapture at church or sunday school as a kid?

is it actually in the new testament or is it just a marketing twist to sell more t-shirts?

The word rapture does not appear in the bible. This link here will provide you some insight.

secretsofsurvival.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

First off, I shall address the Rapture. I made a post on this Here.:
The Rapture Doctrine
(Bold Text Mine)

The Rapture doctrine, which was the invention of the Plymouth Brethren led by John Nelson Darby (1800-1882), has today been adopted by most Baptist, Pentecostals, Assemblies of God, and a variety of other fundamentalist sects. The idea that Jesus Christ will return for His true Church just before the beginning of the Great Tribulation in a secret gathering or "catching away" was an important part of Darby's teaching. The movement in which this teaching began originated in small groups in England and Ireland about 1828 and by 1831 was part of the official teaching of the Plymouth Brethren. By 1860 the "rapture" had made its way to the United States. In the late 1800's, America was fertile ground for a wide variety of religious extremists, most notably the Adventist movements. These movements, which produced new denominations, sects, and cults, almost always had as one of their chief tenets the belief that Christ was going to return to earth "very soon" and that they could tell you when. As the eschatological and apocalyptic teachings of the Plymouth Brethren entered this mix of religious fervor, some of their teachings became a permanent fixture within the newly formed sects. Among the many heresies of the "brethren" the Rapture was the most successful. It even went on to affect millions of people in denominations which had not yet been formed. Two examples of this are the Assemblies of God and the United Pentecostal Church which were not founded until early in the 20th century. At about this same time the Rapture made its way into the theology of the Southern Baptist Church, which had not previously known of the teaching. Today, prophecy pundits and "end-time" revivalists preach the Rapture as if it were established dogma from the time of Christ until the present. The truth is that the first historical reference to the Rapture doctrine comes from the Plymouth Brethren. Not only is the Rapture not found in the teachings of the Church, but even "end-time" heretics throughout the centuries never dreamed of proposing such a novel idea. For example, the 4th century Montanists, who preached both pre-millenialism and that they knew when Christ would return, never ventured so far as to create another 2nd coming of the Lord in a secret rapture.

The True Authorship of the New Testament

WHO WROTE THE NEW TESTAMENT?

'THE PISO FAMILY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT'

Codex Vaticanus is considered to be the most authoritative of the Minority Texts, although it is responsible for over 36,000 changes that appear today in the new versions.

Codex Vaticanus

Why Jews Don't Believe in Jesus

Scriptural References

Now, what that out of the way, friend, no one is coming to "save you." You have to do that yourself. There is no, repeat no evidence at all that a man named Jesus every existed, in fact, in the Hebrew Language, there are no Vowels all all, and the Letter "J" is only about 500 years old. (check Webster's)

These primitive beliefs have been kept alive by a vast army of priests, preachers, and rabbis because it is to their great profit to promote them, first, by imposing them on the helpless brains of children, and second, by saturating the air, TV, press, and schools with their childish superstitions and unreasonable claims. They fool the ignorant and make the gullible and the intelligent alike pay tribute to them. Their multi-billion-dollar properties and incomes are exempt from taxes; they get half-fare on trains, busses, and planes; and receive billions of dollars in grants of taxpayers' money to help build up their political power, wealth, and luxurious living. Taxes could be cut 10 percent if churches paid their just share. That would mean a probable saving of 20 billion dollars a year to the people of the U.S. every year of their lives. Some priests also indoctrinated with superstition from childhood probably believe what they preach. It pays them handsomely to do so.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

My son who is turning 14 this weekend has asked me a couple of times after a few funerals..."WHY? Why do I love someone so deeply only for them to die and leave us....heart broken? It's not fair!!"

No one "dies." Only the carbon-based meat-suit dies, the Divine Spirit that inhabits and animates us all is in fact Pure Divine Energy, and can never be destroyed, ever.

I have been seeing people who are "dead" for all of my life. I have seen relatives, friends, and lots of people I don't even know at all. I have had the NDE experience. Saw the Light and everything, all of my rather large family was there, telling me to go back, that I was not yet ready, or finished. My two children also see the dead, in hospitals, nursing homes, and places where people die. Some of the dead do not even know they have passed on, in life nobody paid attention to them, so nothing has really changed that much. Please read the following links, and do not despair when someone you know passes. The Afterlife is a Grand place, everyone there is about 30, and is in perfect health. All are happy there.

Scientific Evidence for Survival Of consciousness after death

Afterlife Communication

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I mean this with the utmost respect for the various Faiths, but... Wouldn't it throw the religious world for a tail spin if Jesus did in fact return, but he turned out to be a very long lived Alien in a ship with a few thousand of his closest friends? No hostile intent here...that isn't what I mean. Just the idea that everything might be correct on prophecy but the meaning at the end may turn out to be distinctly different than people had in their minds. I fear for the closed minded folk I run into. They just wouldn't adapt to a significantly different reality being proven true.

Yes, it would, and in fact, that will no doubt be the case here too. Jehovah was said to be from the Pleiadies, so that makes his "son" an ET, right?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I am very excited about Jesus' return lately, but I can't help but wondering too if it's just my imagination taking all the current events and reading more into them than is there.

One night two years ago I woke up at 2 a.m. and I heard in my spirit, "I am coming soon". I hadn't been thinking about Jesus or the rapture or anything like that at the time, but I knew right away what it meant.

Though my idea of "soon" is probably quite different from God's idea of "soon", I do believe it is rapidly approaching.

Good thread OP.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
For those whom seeks and long for the Messiah's return, regardless if christians, muslims, jews - only childiren of the Holy book, other religious faiths seeking for a messanic figure to solve our woes, and even atheists, whom are only humans whom had yet to acknowledge spirituality on a personal level of free will and better complete comprehension, rest assured, he is ALREADY here.

In truth, he had NEVER left us. His spirit and teachings lives in all of us whom love our Creator, the Almighty whom created us humanity all, across every geological border, across every stage of intellectual developement, language, skin, etc that separates us all. We humanity are only ONE.

The Messiah is the not the greatest one. He was only a messenger. The greatest is our Creator, whom love us all and gave us the gift of life. Through the Father, was and could only the Messiah inherit the gifts He alone bestows upon all His creations. And the greatest message that the Messiah gave, with his precious life itself, was Love. Love for fellow brothers and sisters created by our Creator.

The Messiah did not come into this world as a conqueror, or he would have been crowned a king with a mighty army to subjugate mankind. He came with only a sword, but that sword was in his mouth - his words from our Creator, to help mankind civilise and grow to fulfill our destiny.

With his words, simply told, it cut through lies and propaganda of the eras, relevant even today, empowering each and everyone of us, of love and with that power - responsibilities to each other, a message from our Creator, whom weep at the sight of even an african child starved and ultimately feed upon by vultures, and laughed at the stupidity of the power elites whom thought they alone could control His creations.

He has yet to show his hands, but he NEVER lifted even a finger to make a move. Besides our many gifts bestowed, He gave us Free Will. To make a choice. To make errors so that we may learn. Thus He need'nt lift that finger, for the policies by the power elites would only lead to errors by themselves, on their use or abuse of that gift of free will.

He only awaken as many as possible, not through dogmas or rigid laws imposed upon by flawed mortals, but by simply reawakening mankind to His message sent by numerous divine messengers over centuries, if only we, His sons and daughters would refer to it.

The Messiah is here amongst us all now. But it is not him that one require as a figurehead. We each already are. He had already done all he could with his mortal life. It is now up to us, with his teachings, fully already empowered mortals, after 2000 years of civilisation, to correct ours and our leaders' mistakes, to progress and evolve to fulfill our destiny - the stars, leaving NONE behind....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thank you, OC, for this post. It is nice to hear someone be honest about their struggles in their walk. I would think most (or at least some) Christians at one point or another struggled, but you rarely hear about it. Like admitting it is somehow shameful or something.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Jesus fulfilled the first 4 feasts exactly. So if you look at this verse...

Matthew 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

Could Jesus be coming back to get us at midnight Israel time?

If so, the Rapture could be on the 26th or 27th. Israel is 8 hours ahead mountain time.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redux
I am very excited about Jesus' return lately, but I can't help but wondering too if it's just my imagination taking all the current events and reading more into them than is there.

One night two years ago I woke up at 2 a.m. and I heard in my spirit, "I am coming soon". I hadn't been thinking about Jesus or the rapture or anything like that at the time, but I knew right away what it meant.

Though my idea of "soon" is probably quite different from God's idea of "soon", I do believe it is rapidly approaching.

Good thread OP.

Something like that happened to me but it was three years ago. I have never seen all the signs that are here right now though. I will be so surprised if it isn't this year.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

edit on 23-9-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Thank you, OC, for this post. It is nice to hear someone be honest about their struggles in their walk. I would think most (or at least some) Christians at one point or another struggled, but you rarely hear about it. Like admitting it is somehow shameful or something.

I know, right? As much as I love the Lord, sometimes there are "Christians" that turn my stomach with their gossiping and "Holier-than-thou" attitudes. We are ALL sinners who have fallen short of the glory of God, and many professing "Christians" seem to forget that.

When I was just a boy going to a Christian school, I checked out "The Cross and the Switchblade" by David Wilkerson, who preached the Word to gang members in NYC. One of them was a really foul individual, Nicky Cruz, the leader of the Mau-Maus, a particularly violent street gang. When the two first met, Cruz threatened to kill Wilkerson for "spouting that Jesus crap." What happened next was nothing short of miraculous:

Shortly after Cruz's ascension to leader of the gang, David Wilkerson was preaching in the neighborhood when Cruz encountered him. The preacher told Cruz that Jesus loved him and would never stop loving him. A shocked Cruz responded by slapping Wilkerson and threatening to kill him. Wilkerson looked Cruz in the face and said that he could cut Wilkerson into a thousand pieces, but every piece would still say Jesus loves him. Wilkerson said that no one can kill love, and that God is love. That afternoon the preacher showed up at the Mau Mau's headquarters to repeat his message, and was slapped again by Cruz. Wilkerson just smiled, and then prayed for Nicky.

Two weeks later, Wilkerson had an evangelistic meeting in the neighborhood. When Cruz heard about it, he decided to go and teach the preacher a "lesson" and, with some of the members of his gang, he headed for the boxing arena where the rally was being held, on a bus sent specially by Wilkerson. According to Cruz, when he arrived at the arena, he felt guilty about the things that he had done and started to pray. Wilkerson preached, then asked the Mau Maus to take up a collection. Nicky sprang to his feet and led a group of the gang through the crowd insisting on people giving money. Going backstage, he saw an exit, but was struck by the fact that someone had actually trusted him. He gave the money to Wilkerson on stage. Later, Wilkerson gave an altar call, and many gang members responded. Wilkerson prayed with Cruz, and Cruz asked God to forgive him.

The following day Cruz and some of the gang members who converted went to the police and turned in all of their bricks, handguns and knives, shocking the police officers in the station. They said that if they had seen the group approaching, they probably would have shot them down. Cruz began to study the Bible and went to Bible College. He became a preacher and returned to his old neighborhood, where he preached and persuaded some of the Mau-Maus to accept Jesus, including the gang's new leader, Israel Narvaez.

After reading Wilkerson's book I read the autobiography that Cruz penned, called "Run Baby Run." These two books were an inspiration to me early on, and when I rediscovered the Lord I read them again and noticed parallels to my own life. Of course I was already aware of God's infinite patience and mercy towards sinners, "not willing that ANY should perish," and I figured that if God could forgive people like Cruz then I, as hopeless a case as I thought I was, would also be eligible for redemption.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; that WHOSOEVER believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I'm sorry for going a bit off topic, but I just wanted to point out to those who aren't yet believers (everyone will be a believer when Christ descends with a shout) that no matter how bad they are, or think they are, even the worst sinner can be redeemed by the blood of Christ.

Amen.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

wow, so it's just assumption from other stated points... amazing...

doesn't one of the 10 commandments say not to do that???

aside, i found your comments about god speaking to you fascinating (genuinely)... care to share more on that? (feel free to pm or another thread if it's too OT)..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I had a dream recently that I was standing in a line in the snow and hail the size of men started falling. I just finished reading Revelations today where John describes hail that weighs 100 pounds falling from the sky. My dreams have been coming true around a month after I have them it seems. I suppose if there is large hail falling from the sky soon we will know. But nuclear war will be what really changes things.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

reply to post by OldCorp

I know, right? As much as I love the Lord, sometimes there are "Christians" that turn my stomach with their gossiping and "Holier-than-thou" attitudes. We are ALL sinners who have fallen short of the glory of God, and many professing "Christians" seem to forget that.

When I was just a boy going to a Christian school, I checked out "The Cross and the Switchblade" by David Wilkerson, who preached the Word to gang members in NYC. One of them was a really foul individual, Nicky Cruz, the leader of the Mau-Maus, a particularly violent street gang. When the two first met, Cruz threatened to kill Wilkerson for "spouting that Jesus crap." What happened next was nothing short of miraculous:

Shortly after Cruz's ascension to leader of the gang, David Wilkerson was preaching in the neighborhood when Cruz encountered him. The preacher told Cruz that Jesus loved him and would never stop loving him. A shocked Cruz responded by slapping Wilkerson and threatening to kill him. Wilkerson looked Cruz in the face and said that he could cut Wilkerson into a thousand pieces, but every piece would still say Jesus loves him. Wilkerson said that no one can kill love, and that God is love. That afternoon the preacher showed up at the Mau Mau's headquarters to repeat his message, and was slapped again by Cruz. Wilkerson just smiled, and then prayed for Nicky.

Two weeks later, Wilkerson had an evangelistic meeting in the neighborhood. When Cruz heard about it, he decided to go and teach the preacher a "lesson" and, with some of the members of his gang, he headed for the boxing arena where the rally was being held, on a bus sent specially by Wilkerson. According to Cruz, when he arrived at the arena, he felt guilty about the things that he had done and started to pray. Wilkerson preached, then asked the Mau Maus to take up a collection. Nicky sprang to his feet and led a group of the gang through the crowd insisting on people giving money. Going backstage, he saw an exit, but was struck by the fact that someone had actually trusted him. He gave the money to Wilkerson on stage. Later, Wilkerson gave an altar call, and many gang members responded. Wilkerson prayed with Cruz, and Cruz asked God to forgive him.

The following day Cruz and some of the gang members who converted went to the police and turned in all of their bricks, handguns and knives, shocking the police officers in the station. They said that if they had seen the group approaching, they probably would have shot them down. Cruz began to study the Bible and went to Bible College. He became a preacher and returned to his old neighborhood, where he preached and persuaded some of the Mau-Maus to accept Jesus, including the gang's new leader, Israel Narvaez.

After reading Wilkerson's book I read the autobiography that Cruz penned, called "Run Baby Run." These two books were an inspiration to me early on, and when I rediscovered the Lord I read them again and noticed parallels to my own life. Of course I was already aware of God's infinite patience and mercy towards sinners, "not willing that ANY should perish," and I figured that if God could forgive people like Cruz then I, as hopeless a case as I thought I was, would also be eligible for redemption.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; that WHOSOEVER believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I'm sorry for going a bit off topic, but I just wanted to point out to those who aren't yet believers (everyone will be a believer when Christ descends with a shout) that no matter how bad they are, or think they are, even the worst sinner can be redeemed by the blood of Christ.

Amen.

Theres going to be alot of christians standing in line to hell. Jesus plainly tells you what you must do to be welcomed into his kingdom and its more than just sitting in a pew and singing. Going to church alone wil not get you into heaven, you have to do the Lords work and keep his commandments. If you don;t have a charitable bone in your body you wnt make it to the pearly gates. If you want to be with the Lord in heaven you have to first stop and take a look at his life. Examine his deeds and his works, and follow his example.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Who knows, but that day is gonna feel sad for the ones that do get taken, because a lot of the people that they knew are gonna perish and they are gonna wish that they had done more

No, it will not be a sad day for them. In fact they will not even care, because they will not remember it. The Lord will wipe away their tears along with the memories of those they lost, because he will not let his children be given over to sorrow. This is why he has impressed upon us to spread the message as far an as fast as we could, because he was unwilling to let any perish. Now because of satellite tv, and missionaries and evangelists the word of God has come to the entire world and all the people have heard enough about the Lord to seek him out on their own. Their failures now reside on their own shoulders, we have done our task and we have come full circle, which is why the rapture will come swiftly, and the ensuing Tribulation. The Time of Sorrows has begun, the birth pains of the tribulation are upon us all. Our task is now done, and now we must prepare the church, purify ourselves and complete the Lords work, be charitable and kind to others, feed the hungry, clothe the poor, minister to the sick and dying. The hour is coming to a close, and all those who truly love the Lord can feel him approaching. Prepare, for the time isn't coming, the time is already here!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by OldCorp

Funny how happy the Christians are, I am hoping they will still be so happy when literally everything they believe will be shown to them as being quite FAR OFF in translation.... what an adjustment period that will be, you will have about 2 days to re-absorb the real truth.... and somehow try and fit it into your highly skewed world view.

And your view of just what this Christ return is.

Things will be far more complicated in different directions than most of you can believe, but i know you do not care.

It is cool though, we that have gone alot farther than your religion allows, and realize just what a "personal relationship with Christ" is... sympathize with some of you, and will certainly try our best to show the way.

And we ALSO are very happy right now, the same energies are on us all.

Just realize that most everything you learnt in Church.... has LITTLE to do with any real translation of even your own scriptures.... and live through the HEART,,,, NOT JESUS HEART,,,, YOURS.

No one said the Lord is going to return in 2 days, or even next week or next year. He told us to live everyday like he was going to return. Your interpretations of the scriptures are your own, and from your statements about the Lord i am guessing you must be a jew. We believe he is going to return soon because he told Peter the signs to look for before his arrival and those signs are being given in this day and age. Jews who do not accept the truth of Christ will soon learn the errors of their ways. You won't see him coming because you refuse to even open the New Testament to read it when the scriptures were written by jews. Personally i'm not going to call John the Baptist a liar, he said that Jesus Christ is the Lord and we believe him. Its amazing how the gentile nation (christians) can love the Lord when his own people do not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join