It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever "Died" in their dreams?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
oh i remembered this other time in my dream i was on my front lawn riding a white horse for some reason and out of nowhere it/I were struck by lightning. the horse went crazy and kicked up and i thought i was dead

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You guys are giving Great responses here, but, for the most part these seem to once or twice experienced events....

My experiences are not just a one time, or even a once in awhile occurance. I have had the same dream, with the same outcome thousands of times. At least a couple times a week for about the past 23 yrs....I'm to the point that i only sleep 2 to 3 hrs a night ( in 15 to 30 min increments), unless i am very heavily sedated..

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ive tried to die in my dreams. Like you thethrall_nb Ive tried doing it by falling from a tall building.

When Ive hit the bottom Ive not sustained any injury so Ive climbed back to the top to try again.

Im sure it has some significant meaning to my life at that moment in time.

I thought that if you died in your dreams then it meant you died for real??

No correction, that was the rule on A Nightmare on Elm Street part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Sorry my mistake.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

My experiences are not just a one time, or even a once in awhile occurance. I have had the same dream, with the same outcome thousands of times. At least a couple times a week for about the past 23 yrs....I'm to the point that i only sleep 2 to 3 hrs a night ( in 15 to 30 min increments), unless i am very heavily sedated..

You've been having the same dream for that long. I can sorta kinda relate to that, maybe not. lol

When I dream and get injured it is always in the chest and I feel it. I could be stabbed, poked or fall and its always the same injury. It feels like I was shot, although i dont know what that really feels like, tons of blood a massive amount of pressure on my chest not being able to breath.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It is said that is you are mentally and physically aware that you are in a rem cycle of a dream state and you die a part of yourself dies too; meaning you are informed of the going ons in the dream while they are happening and do not just remember the happenings as soon as you awake. It is said that if you are aware that you are in a rem cycle of the dream state and you are flying, you are astrally projecting yourself, and if your astral prjection self is you die, though sometimes when your astral projection self is disturbed it will go directly back to your body where you will instinaneously woken; you have no control over what happens to your body during these projections
hope that helps,
Sno

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
No offense, but maybe we should just go back to sleeping with our teddy bears?!?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yeah, i have also experienced "death" in my dreams. Usually i get shot and then i take the body of another person (doctor or family member) and see my body from their point of view. Also, in my first lucid dream experience when i became aware that i had complete control i decided i wanted to wake up. So i ran and dived out of a 2nd floor window and fell to the ground and "died", but i didn't wake up instantly, there was a few seconds where it "zoomed out" so that i could see my body laying below the window before i woke up.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is my dream....
I was walking towards a friends house and when i got to the corner i was met by my uncle and his friend (who i had never seen before and didn't recognize) and so they started following me but in a sort of menacing sort of way like they were going to jump me so anyway i walked into the house when i let my friends stepfather know i wasnt comfortable with them but he also let my uncle and his friend into the house and then i picked up a screwdriver so if anything, i would be able to protect myself.Well, apparently i owed my uncle some money and when he asked me for it, i told him i dont owe him anything, he didnt like that, when he started walking towards me, my friends stepfather stepped in front of him, and then the fight began. They were rollin' on the ground and i decided to take action. I tried to stab my uncle but ended up stabbing my friends step dad and then my uncle either pulled a knife of his own, or took the one sticking out of carl's body and stabbed me in the throat.I felt my arms fall to the floor n so did the rest of my body and then thing got dark, from being able to walk, run even stab my i felt my life slip away until i could not move, then things got dark.......i then awoke, not scared, but realizing i had accepted death and felt refreshed and ready to start the day.Think this is odd?That's nothing.A week later i met the man in my dream, not my uncle, but the one who accompanied him and who i 'fought' with.I met him in the wierdest of ways, at the door when i greeted my unle the following week, he was standing behind him, the same distance he was in my dream when my uncle stabbed me.What do you guys think?

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Monoman]

d1k

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well I don't know if it was becuase of this thread or not but I "died" in my dreams for the first time I can remember just a couple days ago.

All I remember is I had a gun pointed at me, I knew I was going to get shot, I was shot then everything faded to black. I don't remember if I actually woke up or not, I don't think I did. I think after everything was black I just "came back to life" or "woke back up" in my dream or how ever you want to say it. Pretty weird.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My injuries are never the result of others. In fact, there is NEVER anyone else in my dreams at all. I am always completely alone. My impending Death is never an atempt to wake myself, and i have never thrown myself out of nor from any object. I am simply falling from a extreme high distance...

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Text Blue
I would have to say no.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I to experience death in my dreams as well. I believe I've died in every conceiveable way. I feel the pain, then everything becomes so peaceful. I can feel my body becoming numb, and everything fades to black. Honestly, it's just as described by those who have been revived after passing on...bliss. Because of it, I no longer have a fear of death. I simply think of it as my minds way of overcoming fear and strengthening itself.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I've often had that falling sensation in Dreams. They say that if you ever
hit then you actually die.
Don't know how true that is of course.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I had a dream where I was murdered. All i can remember is being in an alley, with one guy, prob in mid 50's, holding me, and saying "sorry, but i've got to do this" he then proceeded to slit my throat. The weird thing was I can remember the feeling of losing conciousness in my dream, my vision slowly fading to black, and then I woke up sometime after. Was very disturbing as it felt very real.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I've had very similar dreams. The most common one of mine would be the gun to the back of the head. As my vision fades, I can feel a numbness coming over my body and a sense of peace. It is usually very similar to those who've experienced deadth and have been revived have described it. Personally, because of that, I have lost my fear of death. I've trained in martial arts for a number of years now, and I, as well as others have come to think of it as one of the human bodies mechanisms to overcome certain inhibiting fears.

EDIT : : When you hit the ground...you do not die.

I just realized this was an old thread and I had posted before. Oh well.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Disciple]

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Disciple]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Actually, No.. I actually have an almost obsessive compulsion to High areas, along with a strong urge to Jump.. Nothing like being "suicidal" or anything, i just wonder what it would look like going down..

im the same way.i might be afraid of heights but i feel like jumping.if im about to die in a dream it always switches over to something else.i have a dream about my teeth breaking alot and its strange cuz it feels so real like they are actually breaking.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I quite often dream about being in a Plane Crash. It is really terrifying, and for some eason, I've got NO idea what happens afterwards. I probaby just go to the next dream, but I've got no idea, when I wake up I just got the overiding thought of the crash....

If anyone else has dreamed about plane crashes a lot, you'll know how bad it feels. Unlike other dreams, I can always feel "Physical" pressure on me, like a G-Force as the plane is going down, and it's the most realistic dream feeling I've ever experienced. Horribl stuff indeed

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I've had several combat dreams even though I'm not in the military. Years ago, I had one dream that kept repeating at least 4 or 5 times because one bullet kept hitting me in the heart at a certain bad place in the dream. I didn't feel pain but just woke up and immediately went back to sleep. The last time I had that dream, I remembered to not go in that room that the mishap occurred in.

I do remember another dream where I was a bit too close to a nuclear bomb. Talk about waking up to a really loud boom
, I swear I thought that thing was really loud and I thought I still heard a loud explosion after I was awake. There was lots of intense fire too. That explosion really blasted me awake though.

I seem to have trouble falling any great distance before I start to levitate or fly in my dreams so not much chance of death by falling. I once did transform out of my human body to something more omnipotent but unfortunately lost my human emotions in the process. (probably watched too much Star Trek)

I remember being in a non human form as a tornado one time. Those mobile homes just made me go crazy. I didn't understand that urge to go after them. I also remember having a dream as a ghost (sort of like a dead person). I was creeping around someone's dark bedroom and then a female woke up and screamed and then I woke up.

If you have trouble sleeping more than 20 to 30 minutes at a time, I would recommend seeing someone who specializes in sleep disorders.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I have had those recurring dreams of "falling" since I was about 3 years of age or so, according to my mom, it may have been before that too since I began talking. I stopped having them as much around the age of 10 or so. I am now 24 years old and they are starting up again and they've progressed.

It used to start out as I was at the top of some stairs in our old house and Im not ever pushed or accidentally fall.... I also dont purposely push myself over, I just seem to, for some odd, unseen reason, "fall" but then lift up from the steps and then that fails and I fall, but never touch the steps, I just am about to hit the very bottom of the last step and then I wake up. I can feel the butterflies in my stomach and the fear and the racing thoughts in my head of my life passing me by.

Nothing of past experience that could have really spawned these dreams.

Later on in life, they developed into dreams of me being in a bus of some sort.. not really a schoolbus, but maybe a smaller kind, with a bunch of kids I do not know. I am behind the wheel driving on a highway (again, that I do not know), and the brakes fail, I am going very fast and can't stop it. I panic and scream and ahead of me, straight on as I continue going straight.. I see a brown brick wall of a building and we crash into it. I see it happening and actually feel it. But no pain, but I feel the shock of the force. I dont really see anything (seems to me black, but more so the proicess of between the dream and my waking up), but am actually sort of "aware" after it happens.
I then wake up and my heart is racing and I'm shaking.
Thats the first one I ever had where I actually am in an experience like this and experience the "impact".

I was also having dreams back around 2001, where I was in the parking lot of my grocery store (which I have gone to since a child.. I still live in the same town), and inside, people start running in from outside screaming that there's a "headhunter" out there with an ax.
For some odd reason, I am a focal point in this dream. Not sure how to explain it. Only I can kill the headhunter and he cant really kill me (unbeknownst to me till later)... he is actually afraid of me for some reason and like a "meeting your match" kind of a situation.

I go outside and see heads everywhere, I mean hundreds in the parking lot and I am scared #less.... crying at the sight I see, and theres the headhunter and i cant really see him but hes more of a blurry dark image... and manages to outrun me and tries to whack my head off but for some reason could not. Its like im not a physical body, more like a see through body, to this headhunter, so I try to find some way of killing him, and theres supposed to be a way but i cant find out what that is, to make him stop this killing.
So, I kept having this dreams for weeks, and still could not find the key to killing him.... but one night the dream took a turn, all of a sudden the headhunter disappears and explosions starts going off into the distance and people are pointing to the sky and yelling "oh no, not again!"
and im not sure whats going on, at all (this is before 911... about a month or so, thats what makes it so weird) and a guy starts saying "its iraq... saddam's getting us..." and i starts running for cover because the bombings starts to get closer... and we look for the car and get inside but it wont start up and so we jump back out and start running back inside the grocery store to take cover in their basement, and we get stuck outside near the doorway of the place as the bombs get the place and we run backwards to the parking lot and scatter about and this time for some reason its only me in some stand-off like thing with these bombs being dropped by an aircraft and I am outrunning them somehow, but then one almost gets me and i jump into a bunch of bushes and I see a flash, buit i think im saved. i wake up and am fine. oddly, this kept going on until the very week before 911, then they stopped.

maybe a premonition.. who the heck knows, but i sure would never want to relive those dreams again.

my other recurring dreams include drowning in a river and being "stuck there" as the water turns to this jelly-like substance... i am now stuck below a thin layer of this and being able to see the top and the bridge nearby... and seeing two people standing there off the edge of a pier just a few feet away, not helping, but looking at eachother wondering what to do, I guess.
I could feel the pressure on my chest and sinking lower and lower and things getting dimmer and dimmer, then I wake up... and feeling pain in my chest and head and pressure all over my body.

i also have some stranger ones, where I am being chased by someone or something (usually I cannot see them or they are invisible), and they are trying to kill me and then I switch out of my own body and into someone elses as if i am seeing through someone else's eyes, or their experience.. or remote viewing into someone else's past or present in my dream.

one that was the most disturbing... was that i was being chased by someone on a tractor through a field, and i was having trouble outrunning them and go through a series of different landscapes... and come to a clearing with a big hill with trees in the distance. something tells me i must make it to that hill to be saved. i can hide there. it will be enough to save me, for some reason. but whoeever it is runs me over and kills me. all i see is black, i dont feel anything. however, it then changes to a white light and someonme telling me i must go back and relive that moment to change history forever. i must do things differently and it was like God, or something was giving me a second chance to do what i wished i had done or find another way of saving my life.
so i go back into my body and the situation, still being aware of previously dying and that i am reliving this for a 2nd chance (weird, huh?)
so i fail the 2nd time and am given a third chance, but i finally make it to the hill in the distance. however, i think i have outrun the person, but next thing i know, i am flashed into the future, walking around the top of the hill and its foliage and seeing a vigile of sorts being held by someones family and friends, crying... around the site of where someone died (the hill) and i start asking myself.. "this isnt me.. is it?? what the hell" but i dont recognize any of the people there and turn to see a picture of the person who died (like a funeral/vigil" and the pic is not of me, but i am not able to be seen by any of the other people. im a ghost. no one can hear or see me. was this me living through someone else's body?

the face looked familiar... not sure who.

ive had many others like this, with a "second chance" scenerio.

another includes me being one of two women (the other i dont know and i am very aware that im living thru another person's body, but am also myself too.. im sort of there to help her get thru something...) and some guy breaks into their apartment and tries to kill them and kills the one lady but the other (who i am seeing thru) gets away, with a knife.... and runs out of the place and gets outside, but the guy catches her and kills her... i dont feel it but i feel the fear and then leave her body and go back into this "weird state of white light" again and God or someone again is telling me i must go back and try this moment again and this time to not run out but stab the guy at this one moment... and so we redo that and this time, we get the killer and he dies.

kind of on-topic and off-topic, I guess.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I had a few dreams about this topic. I'm not one how i afraid of heights, but this dream was so wierd. I fell of a tall building and really had the sensation of going to die. I coult feel the wind and had flashes of things i had experianced i my life. Just before i hit the pavement i had a feeling of tranquility. Like there's no more problems in my life, no more work, no more eating or drinking. I really felt like i was in some kind of happy place...

After a few seconds a woke up, a little disturbed becouse it was so frigtning and cool at the same time. If i coult i like to experiance it again and see it trough to the end. After this 'dream' i become very interested in lucid dreaming and alike.

ps. Just like the scene in the beginning of the movie "The Grudge".

edit: typo's...

[edit on 11-1-2005 by sebastiaan]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join