It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever "Died" in their dreams?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There have been some interesting posts on here, but most are still a bit off topic.. For the most part everyone seems to be waking at the moment the fatal injury occurs. Has anyone actually gone all the way and seen their death all the way though?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
There have been some interesting posts on here, but most are still a bit off topic.. For the most part everyone seems to be waking at the moment the fatal injury occurs. Has anyone actually gone all the way and seen their death all the way though?

Yeah, 3 times that I can remember. In one there was a nuclear blast, it felt like I was killed instantly and my conciousness was blown from my body, but still there. Another time was a shooting, I died but was still aware somehow, in a weird perspective - not 1st or 3rd person but someting else that I can't explain.
The weirdest though, was like a dream within a dream. To cut a long dream short, I dreamed of laying down in a meadow, falling asleep and dreaming that I was killed by a witch - I woke from the dream-within-a-dream at the point of death, not awake, but back into the original dream. This was most freaky, I was totally confused when I finally woke up for real.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Yep, I've died once in my dream. I was in a tornado (well there were several tornadoes around), and in a high rise hotel. As the tornado was passing over, I look outside the window and everything outside is tilted; I realized the building was falling down. I hoped that I would wake up before I hit the ground, but I didn't. I just remember complete blackness. I could see nothing, and it was like I dead, but I could still comprehend things (ie I realized there was nothing around me, nothing anywhere). Shortly after that I woke up.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i die all the time in my dreams.......could be a sign........ or the video games

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I had such experience in my dreams quite a few times. I was a soldier during the World War, and was shot from behind with machine gun by the enemy. It was interesting, that I actually felt the impacts of the bullets, and my death was simple wake-up. I do not remember any other death experience, like going through a tunnel and stuff like that...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Interesting,... But, that sounds more like the possiblity of reliving a Past-life experience..... In mine, i'm always me.. i'm never in a different setting, and the initial cause of my death "Falling" is always the same. The only variation is in the final moments, and the "exact" method of my death.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb

I never experienced the actual death, I always woke up when I "died".

But the most interesting in my death dreams was, that I felt things I never felt in my life before. E.G. I was never shot before, but it was a real feeling in my body as I was sleeping. Also, military and war is really far away from my lifestyle.

Real after death experience is interesting to me, I don't know, what should someone dream of really. Meeting with God? Or a reincarnation into an animal? ...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have never actually experienced death, as in everytime I prepare to experience death I wake up. Dying in my dreams is my major reason for having insomnia problems, at least one of the main ones. I experience insomnia in patterns, usually I get one pattern a year. Last year I had two, it's slowly increasing as I get older. The pattern is I will go anywere from a week, at least, to 4-5 months with it. I've been insomnia free for around 5 months now, it seems to occur during winter quite more then any other time.

But anywho, back to the topic at hand. My dreams typically have some type of hostage situation and they had threaten to kill everyone over a period of time. I always volunteer myself to be first because for some reason I always have this feeling that if I let myself go first, everyone else will be freed by my death, giving whoever enough time to get into the place and do a rescue.

And the death dreams that I have once in a blue moon is me coming into the dream, already dying spending my last minutes of my life with any one random person, each time it's different. No connection, some of them I don't know, some I do, but no connection between them has been made. I've always been shot or stabbed saving this person.

But I think this is all based around my personality though in a way, because I've been a selfless person all my life, always putting everyone first, jumping on the problems in high school so friends wouldn't get in trouble. Always being the first to jump on things causing other people problems, and I'm a protector type, not jealous but protective. Ask my fiance, she knows the difference hah.

And another interesting thing is I have almost died a few times my life, most of them as a kid. Each time some type of lucky chance kept me alive. The oddest one was my mom was driving through town with me and I was in my car seat, nothing abnormal, everything fine. Breathing perfect, all of that good stuff ya know. And then all of a sudden she became panicy, her breathing shortened, and she thought I was dying. She started sweating and became so worried about me she ran a red light and drove straight for the hospital. Oddly enough, even though they missed it at birth, they had found 3 holes in my heart and if something wasn't done within a week I would have died of heart failure, slowly have died without anyone noticing.

I tell you that because you know how everyone sorta has their own purpose, whether they realize it or not or if it's just some psychological disorder. But I've always had a feeling that I'm here because I am going to die for some reason for someone. I'm not afraid of death, I know when I die everything will continue, I'll be somewhere or I'll be nothing but worm food. Either way I'm fine with it, I've faced the fact I will die. But, I've never came to face the reason why I will die. Everytime I think of death I always picture myself dying for someone or a group of people. Anywho I guess I posted too much since it wasn't part of the post but just started typing.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
i have experiance "death" three times at least in dreams.

1st: I was called up by a friend who was hysterical, they were really scared and said one of their friends had just gone crazy in the basement with a gun and was going to shoot himself, and that i knew this person like a brother (i didnt know who it was in the dream). i got to my friends house, went into the basement and tried to calm down the crazy man. after a few minutes he just cracked and shot me almost point blank in the stomach. i didnt feel pain, it was more shock. like "holy #, he actually did it..." then i fell back and police rushed in and shot him. i was carried out by an ambulance and rushed towards the emergency room at the hospital with my friends at my sides, i remember somebody telling me "they gassed them all!" and then i fainted or died. but i woke up and felt a stabbing pain in my stomach and shock and almost couldnt get out of bed. if i was shot again i could probably expect this feeling.

2nd: i was in a really really strange place for a holiday, (a windmill in the middle of a swampy lake, and we had to canoe there :/ ) i argued with my mother and stepdad and then we all fell asleep on the wooden floors, i couldnt sleep and just stared out of the window at the city( a city, not sure where) and as i watched it errupted in a massive mushroom cloud-like explosion that almost made me blind, the shockwave rushed outwards from the centre and demolished the windmill and killed me along with it. instead of waking up in the real world, i woke up in the same dream. but i was alive, as if something had intervened on my part, i was shocked but was still alive and alone in the nuked city, on the outskirts away from the radiation. i couldnt see anybody else alive. ill stop here but the dream goes on again until i experiance another blast but survive it along with more people in a different city.

3rd: Holidaying with my dad in the countryside at his friends place. watching a city being nuked again, but this time it was multiple nukes and they reached down the coast and hit our house killing me, i woke up after i was blown apart.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have died a few times in my dreams. The scariest one was when i was exploring a cave and a...thing....that lived in the wall wrapped its long chameleon tongue around me and ate me. I woke up before I went in the mouth though. Lately though, my dreams have been different...I guess thanks to being a constant gamer, the dream doesn't stop. I respawn
...and then I exact revenge on my killer, even if there are no weapons handy. One time a guy slit my throat with a scalpal, I fell to the ground, blacked out, and got back up completely fine. Then a gun materialized in my hand and I shot him in the neighborhood of 4 times or so. Since then I've been able to summon that fun little pistol in dreams when I get into tight spots. Haven't died since.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
yes i have a whole bunch of cool dreams were i die

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Just so some people know. Waking up with some sort pain may be linked to a sleeping disorder. In your 'dream' when you die and then wake up with a pain in the area that you are shot or whatever just may be your body trying to shock you awake up cause something is wrong.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
About 18 years ago I dreamed that I died in my dream.
The interesting thing is that the dream then continued with my reincarnation and I remember being a baby in the dreaming and wondering what the hell I should do.
Very weird.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrpKeeGTZ
Just so some people know. Waking up with some sort pain may be linked to a sleeping disorder. In your 'dream' when you die and then wake up with a pain in the area that you are shot or whatever just may be your body trying to shock you awake up cause something is wrong.

Yeah well, i've had these dreams since i was a very young child... and have just about every form of medical testing you could imagine... and not a thing ever found wrong..

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I (Gemma) have dreams of being killed by shooting

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yep, I've died once in my dream. I was in a tornado (well there were several tornadoes around), and in a high rise hotel.

I have dreamnt of tornados alot in the past, but I was never killed by them. I just thought it was awesome you dreamnt of them as well. Not awesome that you died..lol

Yes I have died in my dreams, I think it was only 2 times in my life. The first was the freakest because that had never happened to me before. I was in a field, there was lots of noises and I was so confused about why I was even there. I heard screaming then I looked down and I was shot in the chest. I never heard the shot of a gun or saw the person that did it to me. I felt my breath grow shallow as I fell to the ground, I was looking up at a blue sky and the wind blowing through the trees, the smell of grass was all around me. I remember I was trying to hold on to something, a last image of my dying moment. And then I died, but I continued to hold on to what I was seeing, I nevered looked around me to find others or to reach out, I just kept watching the wind and finding comfort that I wasnt alone.

And to this day, when I am outside and the wind is blowing and I look up at the swaying branches, I cant help but think of that dream. It is as clear to me today as it was when I was 7 years old.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have died in my dream before. I was shot on a pier. I remember falling to the pier and lying there for a few moments and then everything fading to black. I saw my funeral and everyone crying. I woke up and cried for at least an hour.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I've stayed in a few dreams after dying in them, and remember feeling weightless and tingly, with stars and sparkles filling my sphere of vision. It was when I started to float upwards that I woke up.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i think ive died a twice or so. i remember the first one vividly. i was riding a school bus and looking out the window and the sky was grey and suddenly this very rectangular cloud with strips cut out of it like a pattern through the hole cloud began to hover in plain sight. i watched it and then i blanked out a bit and it was night and i was like half a block from the location where i saw it the first time. then i looked at the sky and a giant flaming meteor was coming down. then i started looking for somewhere to hide when it hit and a giant wave of fire just started engulfing everything. i was inside a house that ive never been in before but i know it exists because i go by it a lot. i was watching from a living room window and i tried to dive back into a bathroom but the wave of fire just plowed right through the house and i died. everything was just silent and i dont remember much after that and then i woke up. i think the black cloud was the weirdest part about the dream.

edit: oh dream 2.
i remember being at work and it was night time. everything at the store i worked at seemed bigger for some reason. a few fellow workers were there and my boss was there too. suddenly giant snowballs began hitting the store and we could see them by looking under a large gate that slides down where the trucks drop off the merchandise. the snowballs kept coming and eventually broke through the roof of the building and started htiting inside. we all ran out and i remember being hit in the chest by one of them and it stunned me for a good moment. i then looked at the sky and noticed that all the stars began to explode. there was light every where and they exploded into a rotating circle. the black sky became kind of transparent and i could see very far. like nothing was even there. eventually all the stars blew up and everything was engulfed and then i woke up. oh and i went to a snowball and stuck my hand in the place where it fell and i pulled out a strange tan stone. it was shaped like a dimond but with one end cut off
it looked like this kinda
./\
/_\
\_/

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Kakarox]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
I remember one vivid dream I had once about being shot by someone. I could actually feel the bullet enter my body. It was scarey. I woke up as soon as I dreamed it. So don't know if I died or not.

iv'e had a dream were i was stabbed in my arm and the blade was dragged down my arm and i felt it, it was very weird, anyone else had anything like this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join