It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever "Died" in their dreams?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
thematrix,

you are not alone I have very realistic dreams and I dream every night, the ones I like the most is the out of body and they take me to the same place, I know this place and I am always reminded that is not my time yet and that I had to go back to my body.

Through the years manipulating dreams is easy, unless the dream is some type of warning about some member in my family then I have no control of those.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The first one may be a past life in wish you may had burn thinking that, hell must had been like that.

The second one is a out of body experience and they are comun probably you will have more in the future, is nothing to be scare about it.

I havn't had an " Out of body" experience for over 9 years or so, I use to have the same dreams over and over and over. heres one, I would be on the passenger side of a car and some one up front in another car gets gunned down or mobbed can't really remember since I havn't had this dream in a bloody long time, any way I remember having this over welming feeling that I wanted to leave the scene But couldn't and the dream would repeat it self from their. I don't , During my childhood years I would have dream left to right but now That Im 16 I don't dream at all I just put my head down and wake up simple as that.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
thematrix,

you are not alone I have very realistic dreams and I dream every night, the ones I like the most is the out of body and they take me to the same place, I know this place and I am always reminded that is not my time yet and that I had to go back to my body.

Through the years manipulating dreams is easy, unless the dream is some type of warning about some member in my family then I have no control of those.

Can you explain these "out of body" expierences more clearly please. When I would expierience them I had no control of were I was going I just kept seeing my self on bed spinning around my self.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Usually before you have a out of body experience you feel numb and can not move, some people will just step out of their body with not problem at all, after you are out of the body you just will float around your room or will feel an energy pulling you out in the air, after floating around for a while you will remember returning to your body or just remember as a dream.

Some dreams when they repeat could be events on others life, or in your life also it could be dreams of past life if you believe in that.

If you had an out of body experience once probably you will have more, they do not come all the time but more as certain times and like clusters, then they will go away for a while to come back later on.

If you have them again try to write down the experience and what you felt so you can capture the next time better.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
you can not die in a dream it always cuts of before your last heart beat ends some scintists tested on mice and humans(humans were only tested for pain mice for death)

if you were to 100% die in a dream(like your brain waves stop)you will wake up the same way

IF YOU DO!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I've had 3 dreams that I can remember where I've died. I read in one of those "reveal the hidden meaning of your dreams" books that dreaming about dying indicates big changes, or the desire for change.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Paul]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
once i had a dream, i think the time era was somewhere in the medieval ages, i was fighting an army. I remeber running for a bit and then getting hit in the chest by a sword and literally feeling the pain and my heart slowing down. The last images i saw was a soldier on our side, killing the man who stabbed me. Because of this dream, I know how death feels like if you get stabbed, its actually not as bad as i thought before
(first you feel quite a lot of pain for about 10 seconds, then it dies down, eventually you can't feel anything and you lose control over everything). I don't know if this dream was some kind of past-life regession or just a dream, but it FELT so real...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yes, I've dreamed I've died. This one was particularly vivid:

I walked down a corridor that resembled the hallway of my house,
except it was much longer and there were doors on bothsides.
I looked into each door as I walked down the hallway. When I
got to the last door I opened it and walked down a wrought iron spiral
staircase into what appeard to be a public 1970s�style public building.
I was walking for a bit when I was met by two slightly overweight,
balding men who asked me to follow them. I began to follow them as
they talked amongst themselves. I said to myself "I can't believe I'm Dead!"
With that, I was brought out of sleep by a sensation of paralysis and an
inability to breathe. I suffer from sleep apnea, so I am sometimes wrenched
from my dreams by some rather unpleasant symptoms.

I have had other dreams of my death, including being involved in a very
gory battle in the American Revolution, where I received multiple musket
and bayonet wounds, as well as dreams of tidal wave inundation,
plane crashes, murder, etc.

It's great to be alive!

[edit on 8/26/2004 by jdster]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Most people discribe dreams as you said as "lucid", but it isn't like that for me, for me its as real as reality.

Thats what Lucid Dreaming is..

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comrade Smith
you can not die in a dream it always cuts of before your last heart beat ends some scintists tested on mice and humans(humans were only tested for pain mice for death)

if you were to 100% die in a dream(like your brain waves stop)you will wake up the same way

IF YOU DO!!!

Untrue, at least in my case anyway. I've seen / felt myself do it on to many occasions.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
i dont think i've ever died in a dream now that i think about it... i'm pretty much invulnerable in all of them. for instance, in one dream my brother kept pushing me off a building and i would just get up, go to the top and hed push me again, over and over and over... dont ask why, you get the point. ive seen others die, not a lot, but sometimes... however now that i think about it, i had a recent yet vague dream where i was stunned, lying on the ground covered in blood..... eepp! better wear a helmet today i guess. dfh out.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've been killed a few times in my dreams. At the exact moment when death occurs I instantly wake up,
Most of the times I can remember are all falling, and normally I have 'died' instantly - though I think I remember once being fatally injured and lying there in pain, at the moment of actual death I woke up.
I may have been shot also, I'm not sure..

When anyone has woken from falling dreams, have you found the instant you wake up you sort of jerk like you've been dropped onto the mattress?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
oh thats right, agent smith just reminded me, i suppose that whenever i was really sensing that something would happen to me, i'd wake my self up. so i guess ive just been too chicken for my own good to find out.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I've been killed a few times in my dreams. At the exact moment when death occurs I instantly wake up,
Most of the times I can remember are all falling, and normally I have 'died' instantly - though I think I remember once being fatally injured and lying there in pain, at the moment of actual death I woke up.
I may have been shot also, I'm not sure..

When anyone has woken from falling dreams, have you found the instant you wake up you sort of jerk like you've been dropped onto the mattress?

LIke i said in an earlier post, i will have a body spasm, followed by my body lifting (sometimes at least a foot off the bed) like the recoil of an object dropped an EXTREME height. And i don't always wake up upon impact. The experience when i was 17i impacted (my body lifted off the bed") i came back down, and was still as a corpse. What woke me were my cousins screaming over what she had seen happen...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I die in most of my dreams, always wake up in a cold sweat.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
LIke i said in an earlier post, i will have a body spasm, followed by my body lifting (sometimes at least a foot off the bed) like the recoil of an object dropped an EXTREME height.

Do you actually levitate then, or is it the muscle spasm 'throws' you in the air?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
LIke i said in an earlier post, i will have a body spasm, followed by my body lifting (sometimes at least a foot off the bed) like the recoil of an object dropped an EXTREME height.

Do you actually levitate then, or is it the muscle spasm 'throws' you in the air?

I'm really not sure on the exact specifics of it.. I know the body can do alot of things, but to lift you that high from a completely sedintary postion. I'm just not sure what actually causes it.. That's part of what bothers me the most, the reaction my Physical body has to these experiences.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In the portuguese superstitious tradition, it means that the "life power" of the person who died in the dream is growing stronger. so it might be a good sign for you.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have died once in a dream.

I was walking along the local high street when two armed robbers came out of a jewellers and one of them shot me in the stomach causing me to fall backwards. I fell into what seemed like a warm pool and as i floated downwards the light on the surface grew dimmer as the blackness surrounded me until I was just surrounded by darkness in what seemed like warm water.

Funny how quite a few people here have said they have been shot. Maybe being shot is a male archetype suggesting that males have homo erotic tendencies, i.e. we want to be penetrated!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Falkner
In the portuguese superstitious tradition, it means that the "life power" of the person who died in the dream is growing stronger. so it might be a good sign for you.

Interesting concept, do you have any links, or other information on this?
And if that's the case (about the "Life power" growing stronger) that may be the only thing still sustaining me. I've had more than my share of "near-misses" in the real world as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join