Anyone ever "Died" in their dreams?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sneakerchic4life
im sorry this was so long but im just curious as to does anyone know wat this could all mean?

Being asleep, your brain has to do something. In both cases, three themes seem to be at play as things you remember. Weird evils, danger and death. Sometimes dreams teach you things, little moral lessons, sometimes not. I can say however, if there is any kind of divine intervention, you'll absolutely know it. I've got stuff burned into my brain from 15 years ago that feel more real than yesterday.

and how do i remember my dreams?

Here's what I did. I had paper and pencil next to my bed. I'd try to wake up slow and every morning after waking up, I spend time with my eyes closed trying to remember. Then, write it down. It's too difficult these days when the alarm means 'get up and get to work now!' but maybe someday I'll try to practice this again and occasionally I have those that stay with me for a little while.

because i kno i have dreams...but am unable to remember details that i think can help me understand this a little bit more....

Pray about them, see what comes of it.

God bless.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
There have been some interesting posts on here, but most are still a bit off topic.. For the most part everyone seems to be waking at the moment the fatal injury occurs. Has anyone actually gone all the way and seen their death all the way though?

I have had these dreams many times. I have one falling dream that is a recurrent nightmare, and I usually wake up right before I die, but sometimes I go ahead and die and then realize in the dream that it's not a big deal, that I didn't really die. I tell people around me (in the dream) that I thought I was dead, after I fell off the cliff, but I wasn't dead after all. I had always heard that if you die in your dream, that you will really die, but that isn't true, because I have died several times in dreams. My favorite dreams are flying dreams, when you can fly around like a bird and control where you go.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have died in a dream. I was shot and I put my hands up, as if to protect my face. There was a moment there, I 'felt' the pain in my hands where the bullet tore through them. I didn't feel the pain of it entering my head, but I knew it had. Things got dim, and dark and I started to go unconscious. I remembering feeling peaceful and calm and thinking, "That wasn't so bad..." and then I was dead and subsequently woke up.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have died in my dreams a couple of times, the first time I remember.........

Me and two other people were running and just got into a structure(a light house) we went up and we apparently had robbed a place and were living here.
I remember that the two other men were arguing over some jewelry that we had snatched. One man was apparantly the brains and wanted to put it with the rest of our stash(he was scranny but smart) he is what i would call the brains of the operation. and the other was arguing that He wanted teh share NOW!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Dying in dreams is rare for me. I remeber dying in only 3 dreams ever. I find it very hard to recall any of the dreams i have. Usually in a dream I know i'm about to die, but as soon as it gets to the point where im 'dead' I cant go any further and I wake up.

One time i was being chased by a giant and i ran up a hill, which was my road, and he picked me up and ate me, then i woke up. (Early childhood dream)

The next time I was outside my college and I jumped, and there was no gravity, so I just kept going up and I got so high that i knew i was about to die and woke up. (about a year ago)

The earliest dream I had was that I was Sonic.. from the original Mega Drive game, I think i was in a level from sonic 2. I fell into the water and drowned, so did my friend (who wasnt Tales for some reason!!). But the strange thing about this was after drowing the dream took an unexpected change in direction. I was in my neighbours house across the road from me, but for some reason there was a human-sized chocolate sponge with arms and legs and everything! I think i refered to him as uncle. This dream happened over 10 years ago and I still remeber it.

What do you guys make of this? I bet the Freudians would have a birthday with this.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I worst dreams i have had involve someone or something chasing me and my legs just cant get me away fast enough- it feels just like running in water, and eventually i get caught and sometimes killed. but i havent had any recently.

For some strange reason i am very susceptible to minidreams early in the morning where i have around 4-5 short dreams in succession. One of them this morning was really detailed aswell, i was at home and i had a tiny TV built into my watch and for sum strange reason the channel showed the number of people currently watching it in the corner. i flicked channels and that program family guy was on and i was the only person in the world watching it
..............WIERD huh?

I've heard that as soon as you wake up if you look at a blank sheet of white paper you can see images of dreams 'burnt' into your retinas and this can help you remember them.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Death in ones dreams, yes, 4 times, or so I remember. Shot twice, fell of a cliff once, and well, I can't seem to remember the last. Not the most entertaining experience mind you.

Deep

I've experienced these events HUNDREDS of times over..

Same here. The one that remember the most vividly is when I used a revolver under my chin...I just woke up. Creepy part: my mom calls later wondering if I was okay, she just had a dream that she signed my death warrent.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This isnt the first case i have heard of a shared dream. Perhaps it is possible that the subconsciousness of two people can intermingle.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Everyone has heard of deja vu right? well i had an experience where i had a dream about a football game. I go to Hebron high school and it was the 2004 season and we were playin lewisville. In my dream (i play middle linebacker) i remember hitting the fullback at full speed like 12 times. During the game the next week i was in a play and i read the backs and proceeded to "fill the hole" when i was stepping to the "hole" (a space b/t lineman) i suddenly realized that i had been in this exact position before and it just amazed me that i had drempt that before. This also happened at another game before. ( and no i could not predict the future score) but what was strange was how realistic my dream was to real life. The size of the tailback, position of linemen, the hit, etc.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
When I was 15, I had a dream of my best friend,he was in trouble with a loan shark who wanted his money. I stepped in and told the loan shark that I would help my friend pay him . The loan shark said ,''No deal'',and shot me in my head ,I died ,But the funny thing is I saw a face while I was dead in my dreams. I woke up ,and every since then I see things in the shadows,and sometimes I hear people when I pass by certain places in town(no,not the cemeteries).This has been going on for 16 years now, does anybody have an explanation?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
When I was 15, I had a dream of my best friend,he was in trouble with a loan shark who wanted his money. I stepped in and told the loan shark that I would help my friend pay him . The loan shark said ,''No deal'',and shot me in my head ,I died ,But the funny thing is I saw a face while I was dead in my dreams. I woke up ,and every since then I see things in the shadows,and sometimes I hear people when I pass by certain places in town(no,not the cemeteries).This has been going on for 16 years now, does anybody have an explanation?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If you keep the same sleeping position as when you wake up you will be able to lay there and recall your dream for as long as you want. The second you roll over (unless you've been thinking long and hard about it) it is gone. You can open your eyes and wiggle your legs a bit, at least for me.

You sould try doing this, then writing it down. Dreams mean something, and only the dreamer can decode them.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by squarrel]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wow very interesting galacticus. I always wake up before I die. However, I have died in the waking world. I as you, gained a broadened spectrum of perception and conception. Good suggestion squarrel, keeping a dream journal brings nothing but benefits. That includes heightened awarness.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I used to have multiple dreams about a place that i have never been to.

The culture seems to be hispanic, and the bridges "roll up".

The last time I went there I was accosted by a man in military uniform.

I could "feel" a weapon under hid uniform near the arm area...

I lunged at him and he pulled the weapon and fired...

That's the last thing I remember...

and I don't dream about this place anymore...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I had a dream i was drowning last night. it was pretty horrible. When i woke up i had all the felling that you get from holding your breath for a long time. I started asking myself wether it would be possible to die from a dream aswell. If your mind is drowning and cant breath, would this convince your body your submerged underwater aswell. i got a bit worried actually cuase i was going swimming with my brother that morning, and in the dream it was my brother who was drowning me.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
One can't die in a dream as "in the dreams, as Coleridge says so, events are made of the substance that we imagine they provoke" (J-L. Borges) - and the substance of spirit is... life.

But one can live some mental states than can be linked to some death-like "representations".

Beeing dead in a dream always refers to some kind of challenge that concerns the body (presence), the soul (morality) and the mind (action).

For so dead-like dreams are often nightmarish dreams.

When you die, try to be peaceful. If you're not to die soon, learn to separate the spirit of life and the life of matter...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I once had a dream that I went into my mothers house with a Gun. Shot and killed my brother and Sister then turned the gun to my own head and pulled the trigger. I felt the bullet enter my brain and everything went black and I felt myself fall to the ground. I knew I SHOULD have been dead but I was not. My mother came home so I quickly got up and cleaned up all the blood. My brother and sister were back alive and we pretended like it never happened. That has puzzled me to this day...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yes I drowned. After breathing in water and death upon me I lived. I could breathe under water. The minute I accepted my fate, death seemed to bring about peace.

The most vivid and frequent dream of flying was the absolute most wonderful dream. I’m in the last phase of my life and this particular dream lasted until my mid 40’s. Remarkable and so very real.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes in one dream i ended up commiting suicide to avoid a greater death, by being devoured by something

[edit on 18-12-2007 by xiGnis]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Only one time but it seemed more like maybe a past-life thing than an actual dream. Hard to tell sometime. One time though I was at a downtown area and all I remember is falling from a building and a good bit before I hit the ground (like at the second floor) my spirit left my body but I remember seeing myself land on the ground and seeing cars around and everything. It was really strange.

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join