Anyone ever "Died" in their dreams?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
thethrall_nb,

Have you ever been studied by one of those sleep labs? Sounds like you have a hard time getting much sleep...( sorry if you've already covered that idea - this is a long thread....I might have missed something).

I have had a couple of dreams that seemed to be leading up to my death, but at the end, I either wake up or 'fade to black' and the dreams ends.

I do sometimes dream of being already dead....surrounded by family members that have previously died, in a sort of 'reunion' setting.

One of those was extremely real....In it I awoke from what I thought was a nap, only to find myself in a open coffin. Pink satin lining....cool and smooth to the touch, but some how uncomfortable. I sat up, and with difficulty swung my legs over the side.

I found that I was in a mausoleum with my Grandparents' open double coffin (made like a double bed ) sitting on the opposite wall. ( In reality, my Grandmother was still living, but my Grandfather had died about a year or so before) My Grandmother sat up, her arms crossed over her chest, and told me to lay down and stay put.

I jumped over the edge anyway, telling her that I could not get comfortable. She sighed, rolled her eyes, and laid back down. I walked around, inspecting the flowers that had been sent to my funeral - mostly blue iris, my favorite ( I could even smell them in the dream)!

The door way was open, it was a beautiful sunny day, and I could see my car parked in the drive that circled through the cemetary. I reasoned that if I were supposed to stay there, my car would not have been left there, waiting for me.....so I got in it and drove home!

When I walked into the house, my Mother was less than thrilled to see me, and immediately told me that I could not stay there and would have to go back to the cemetary because I would begin to 'stink'.....and that was when I awoke with a start, actually sitting up in bed. I remember running my hands across the covers, expecting to feel the satin coffin lining, it had been so real!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
just spent past 20mins trying to recreate the nightmare I had last night... really freaked me out!!! woke up in a sweat at about 3am..

got images and sound and really want to show people but the uploads still aren't working... soon as they are though i'll pop it on here!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Flying is cool. I've had it at least 2 times and accomplishing it required a certain 'knack'. A clear head, run, a few jumps and certain flicks of the arm. Kind of like long-jumping off of a trampoline. If my bones were hollow and if I had feathers, I'm sure I could pull it off while awake.

I've died about 4 or 5 times. It sucks. It's comforting to see others have experienced the same. I get so tired of peeps saying, "Nuhuh, you can't die in your dreams or you die in real life. You must have woke up just before." If I could be so lucky! Anywho, twice shot, once chain-sawed, stabbed, razored, tornado and probably some others. It's a sickening, darkening, helpless feeling that seems to linger for a very long time. On some occasions there was a release afterwards which felt good. Hard to discribe really. The tornado one was pretty cool though, I was airborne for what felt like a good ten minutes then got launched out. It was totally worth it until impact.

I don't consider either 'lucid' dreaming really. To me they are just dreams. I've have other messages/encounters while asleep that seemed a hundred times more real.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You are blessed with lucid dreams. I have had them in the past, but rarely have them anymore. The film, "Liquid Sky" is about lucid dreams. It's hard to follow and I need to watch it again.

I thought it was about heroine. Ack! Somebody else saw that movie too? I hoped I was the only one. Didn't they show that movie to terrorists as torture to get them to talk? That was THE movie that had me writhing in my seat from beginning to end. I'll take death in dreams over watching it again anyday.
If anyone says "David Bowie was awesome in the spectacular movie - The Man Who Fell To Earth", I'm leaving this thread

[edit on 11-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yes the craziest one ive had was a few months ago..ive always wanted to be cop since i was a small child so lets get to the dream..i was a cop ok and i ran into this hotel after this guy that was armed with a gun me and my partner shot him..and somehow i find out i was shot in the chest and i can see the entry would but was to scared to touch it so.. im then outside on the floor screaming im hit im hit! and there are tons of cops around me then a helicopter arrives and medivacs me the hell out of there and i guess later on i die.. the shot was in the heart region..is this some thing bad? maybe a future thing.. cause my future job is to be a state trooper can this mean anything? and yes ive had those dreams when you fall and just hit the ground..

[edit on 11-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think it was just a dream and would not let a dream of dying guide my reality, no matter what Greek play says otherwise. Dismiss that fear or you'll be forever chained by it. Everybody dies, nobody knows when are where. My recommendation is to find God and live each day to the fullest, knowing eternity will be taken care.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've never died in my dreams, nor have I actualy been harmed in them and I remember about 95% of my dreams.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I die often and violently in my dreams lol. Just like thrall I go out of body and watch the last few seconds of my death.
However it never struck me as odd because everytime I am in a life or death situation in reality I have a similar experience. I'll try and relate it as best as I can, using an actual real life event from about 4 years ago.
I was jet skiing in mid august, the weather wasn't great but the lake we go to seemed to have a small storm every sunday and clear off by 2 o'clock. I was about twenty miles across the water from where my camp was. I remember looking up at the sky and seeing the clouds go from gray to that almost black color and feeling the wind pick up dramatically. This wasn't new for me so I began to head back at about a middling pace (30 mph). That is when I saw the first lightning bolts hit the lake. What was just foot and a half chop turned into 8 foot rollers that were breaking off of each other chaotically in under a minute. At this point my adrenaline kicked in, I felt that rushing sound building in my ears, however when I am in extreme danger if I focus I find that the rushing sound is a wave. In the instant I felt the rushing sound I let the first wave of adrenaline break around me, within a couple seconds the rushing subsided and I felt my senses sharpen and my body untense. A short while later while running the gauntlet of waves that could snap my hull if I hit them wrong and having several near misses with lightning, I found a path. As I dive my jet ski into the first well formed trough of a wave I'd seen in minutes, I opened the throttle to make as much distance as I could before it broke. As I was nearing the end of the trough I felt a weird bump and I was out of my body with time stopped I looked down and there is a boat literally 30 feet ahead of me and we are on a collision course. Taking a quick second I look and decide on a course of action, there is no way I am missing the boat completelly but I think I can minimize the impact. With a final thought I jerk back into my body where time feels like mud. Literally it was like the world was moving a third as fast as normal. To make a long story short I manage to avoid the boat and my jet ski making hull to hull contact but I get pretty thrashed in the wreck (3 broken ribs 6 cracked dislocated left shoulder and a chip out of my pelvis plus a concussion). But these type of out body experiences happen to me fairly regularly in bad situations.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've had hundreds of dreams where I felt my life was in serious danger, and two or three where I knew I was about to die if I hadn't woke up in the nick of time. I think these dreams occur whenever we are having death anxiety. We hit stages in our lives when we have to face the fact that everyday is one day closer to the end. I used to bury my head in the sand in one of my famous ostrich syndromes that I'm so good at. Lately though, I've been having life after death dreams. Cool stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah I agree with Strianissa. I've had countless dreams where I know I'm about to die, but always awake moments before I do. I especially had them as a child, ususally involving kidnappers, or falling through ice into a lake.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
alot of my dreams are what i like to call reruns.its weird some dreams i had when i was younger had people and places i didnt know but when i had them again recently i could recognize the people and places,like i was peeking into the future.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Whoa, this got me thinking. A large amount of the people posting here are saying that just before they die in their dreams (eg. a last heart beat) they suddenly wake up, almost as if the mental denial of death is phsyically 'waking' them up. With the age old debate between dreams and reality, with even members here describing their dreams as a form of reality, can we possibly assume that death in this reality 'wakes' us up to some sort of higher reality? Thinking about it kind of hurts my head

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Quite a number of times in my life, I've dreamt of dying.

The very first one, when I was somewhere in my single-digit years, I dreamt that Freddy Krueger impaled me with a rake, near my best friend's pool.

During my teenage years, I had an extremely vivid recurring dream, for about 2 years straight, at least 3-4 times a week. I'll spare you the long version of this story, but it amounts to this: I was always arriving at some sort of gala in a limousine, with my wife. As we entered the building, photographers were snapping pictures and I turned to make some sort of comment to my wife, and saw a red laser-dot travelling up her neck. Without thinking I rush her, shover her out of the way, and then feel a white-hot blast of pain in my head. The ground rushes up to meet me, and as I fall I hear the screams of people fading away.

After a while of having this dream, over and over, I managed to gain enough consciousness to realize this had all happened before, and I'd try to change the outcome. I'd try to tell the limo driver not to go to the gala, but the wife would tell him I was just being paranoid, or tired, or something, and to continue. Or we'd exit on the opposite side of the limo, and she'd get shot first, and then me. So on, and so forth... until finally, after two years of this semi-nightly torment, I watched the entire dream from a 2nd-person perspective...through the scope on a sniper rifle, aimed at myself. When I pulled the trigger, the dream ended.

There have been other dreams where I died, including the oddly prophetic "Four Ducks" dream, but those two are the ones that stick out the most as being specifically about my death.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by owner
can we possibly assume that death in this reality 'wakes' us up to some sort of higher reality? Thinking about it kind of hurts my head

Bam! You got it! Take a moment for the throbbing in your head to receed then come back at it. Think about a person's 80 plus or minus years. Now think about forever. Wow. Seems insignificant, doesn't it? This is why it's important to approach God and find out what's going on. Congratulations on waking up!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I once died in a dream....and then woke up in another body. When I went to bed I was a poor black man living in Louisiana. Age 55 and working as a laborer. When I woke up I was a 5 year old white boy living in Newport Rhode Island? Is that weird or what? That was 14 years ago. I've talked with many psychologists/psychiatrists and it appears that I have memories of my past life which people generally don't have...Or I'm just plain crazy like 90% of the people on this site.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
I once died in a dream....and then woke up in another body. When I went to bed I was a poor black man living in Louisiana. Age 55 and working as a laborer. When I woke up I was a 5 year old white boy living in Newport Rhode Island? Is that weird or what? That was 14 years ago. I've talked with many psychologists/psychiatrists and it appears that I have memories of my past life which people generally don't have...Or I'm just plain crazy like 90% of the people on this site.

Hehe, even though you probably think I'm in that 90% anyway, I'll try to affirm that you're not crazy. I've had dreams where I played different characters, but I thought it was normal from all my first-person gaming anyhow
In fact, even when I play 'myself' I'm doing all kinds of things I'd never do in my right mind. Now...if only I could find my right mind...I think I left it around here somewhere.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I have never officialy died in my dreams, but the things I have 'suffered' in my dreams would have killed me. I have dreams of falling as many of you do. I used to wake up before i hit the ground. Now, whenever im falling in my dreams I just hit the ground and everything is fine. I've been shot multiple times at point blank and not suffered any type of physical pain in my dreams it's almost as if they have no affect on me anymore now that I am over the scare of the consequence the mind just associates with the types of things.

For instance, a while ago i had a dream a terrorist had convinced me to carry a bomb onto an airplane. I did agree with him (don't know why) but when i got onto the plane I had to make a huge scene and let everyone know I was carrying this bomb that inevitably was going to go off (set on timer) so i jumped out of the plane about 100-200 feet above the ground over this city. Landing on the ground, perfectly fine, everything turned into chaos. The world was under a huge systematic terrorist attack. Communications were cut, I mean everything, people were running, buildings falling. insane.

I woke up shortly after I realized there was no hope.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I had a death dream when I was in high school.
In the dream I was in math class and all the desks were pushed together so the class was all sitting like it was one big table. I don't know the cause of my death but suddenly I was looking down from above. I could see my teacher grabbing my body from my chair and throwing me onto the desks. She was trying to save me with CPR. After a while she stopped and gave up. I remember yelling to her telling her not to give up. The rest of what I remember in the dream I was going around town seeing things that people were doing unaware that I was watching them.

I still remember running through some debris and walls the image is quite fresh in my mind even now. More than ten years later.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I've been reading your guy's and gurl's dream experiences, and this is my question. Unfortunatly, I can only think that I have had these kinda of dreams where I wake up just before I die or I do die, but it's like I only have a little recolection of it like its ringin a distant bell but I can't put my finger on it you kno? So I think I've had these dreams, but since I can't totally remember but two of them(ill tell you in a minute) Then I don't kno what to expect of these dreams. but lemme give you dreams real quick...one might relate while i kno the other one does somehow....they are strange so dont laugh...and these are the ONLY two dreams i can clearly remember....

1) Thi sdream started off with me and a few of my friends(maybe six or seven and I don't know who these people are...but I had the feeling they were my friends)and we are walking to this house(it seemed like we were doing it becuase of a dare or something) and its like misty and scary outside and like we can hear this guy talking and hes coming aroudn the corner(I think that thats the reason why we went there...to see if this guy was real...as if he was a myth that you woudl hear in a town or something) and so we all start to run....me and about 2 or 3 of my friends run to a wall with bushes behind it and lay there under its protection....(well this man turns out to be a clown like IT but not exaclty) and this clown is calling out to us to come out and play(in that evil tone you kno) and he can't see us becuase we are hiding...well next thing i kno...outta no where im standiing on that wall im hiding behind and and and dacning...wanting to stop but cant....and he looks at me and smiles evil like and takes me inside...then my friends run away(at least i think they do)....next thing i kno....im in a basement like room and this clwon is movin in towards me all scary about ready to eat me like(im like cowaring but standing and im in 1st person view...im watching it from MY eyes...)and all of a sudden a really bright light shines in my eyes..so i stop "acting" scared and turn to a director in a chair and say hey can we cut the laser(dunno why i said laser...some kind aconnection between taht and the light) becuase its really hurting my eyes...and the clwon is like standin there waiting for further instruction as am i and then i wake up...but wheni wake up im terrified that i just died...even tho i didnt in my dream.....

2)...sry this is alot of writing but it wouldnt make sence if i cut it down....
in this dream i am at my old house with my ex step dad and mom and we are all sittin in the living room when i hear a weird noise out side. so i get up and go to the window and look out side and i look across the TINY lil creek behind my house and behind the trees where there is this opening...and i see like (in shadows...meaning no details jsut all blck out lines of things) a GIGANTIC pot...with liek a hangman(yes the game) pole over hte pot with a little kid danglin there and moving alot and screaming(i cant hear him but i kno hes screaming) and on the sides are two large wooden like iono but there is one leprachaun on each side(this is going somewehre i promise)and they are laughing(again i cant hear but i kno somehow) and the kid just drops...well i get scared and turn around go get the gun and tell mom and denny(step dad)to follow me(and yes they are like scared adn im like the big macho women) and i look outsie of the door and dont see and lil leprachauns or people by the pot....so im like ok lets go and we run over to the neighbors house and get under their steps(had like an openein at the bottom) and kinda sit there...i keep lookin thro the steps to see if i can see any lil people or anythign and nothing...untill all of a sudden a leprachaun jumps beside the steps and looks at us lening down and smiling liek and says "well hello there" and at that moment i feeel scared beyong belief...and i wake up never having been able to finish the dream...with the feeling of death and anxiety...im nervous and it took me about a good 10 minutes to figure out wat was going on.....

I also have lil "visions" or "preminitions" and then once they happen its like replay(but when i had the vision i didnt kno wat it was about....jsut that i had one) and lately i have been able to think of something like (i wonder what his name(d.j) stands for or i need a new pencil cuz i just lost mine) and only to later on that day find out that d.j. stood for demetrius jeremy and i found a perfectly new pencil in the hall way of my school....

i am 14 years old, female, and i had those two dreams about when i was ten im guessing...dont quiet remember...and its been since i was like 8 that ive had theses "visions" but only over about the past two weeks thats i have been able to think of something to happen...only to have it happen later....

im sorry this was so long but im just curious as to does anyone know wat this could all mean? and how do i remember my dreams? because i kno i have dreams...but am unable to remember details that i think can help me understand this a little bit more....

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I died once in a dream. I and a friend, who was a serious christian and trying his best to save my soul in real life, were climbing the scaffolding that went around a sky scraper. As we neared the top the flooring underneath me gave way and I was clinging by one hand and hollering for him to help me, He didn't. he just walked on and I fell.

As I plummeted towards the earth I decided to land on my back so as not to mess up my face or anything like that and then I hit the ground. I got up but I knew I was dead. I could see my totally messed up body on the ground. I started walking down the street and trying to find a phone so I could call my parents and let them know I was dead but ok. I just wanted to let them know that I was actually ok.

Then I woke up.

I kicked my christian friend to the curb that very day and i'm sure he still wonders why.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by owner
can we possibly assume that death in this reality 'wakes' us up to some sort of higher reality? Thinking about it kind of hurts my head

Bam! You got it! Take a moment for the throbbing in your head to receed then come back at it. Think about a person's 80 plus or minus years. Now think about forever. Wow. Seems insignificant, doesn't it? This is why it's important to approach God and find out what's going on. Congratulations on waking up!

Just to clarify I didn't mean for there to be any religious meaning in my post I was analysing the reality effect from more of a scientific view.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join