It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

If that were the case, then They would just do it, NOT cover it up, and We would be looking at answers that fit the data. And They don't care if someOne preaches a non-OS. They just want enough sheit floating around to obfuscate. Because if We do get the truth, there WILL be People put deep in the can for it.

I don't follow that at all. It doesn't seem all that relevant to what I've written.

If all the debunkers left ATS and other sites tomorrow, how soon would the "Truth" prevail? And what would that victory look like?

Um... Did it occur to You that the money is spent moving Their agenda forward and NOT on Us?

It was a flippant comment. But the US government doesn't strike me as particularly efficient. I can't see a load of wage slaves on debunk duty managing to hold back the tide of your revolution. And I also can't see why they would risk one of them blowing cover.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
One blows cover? That's not hard to obfuscate. That's why you have several on the site, and at least 1 needs to be someone who accuses everyone of being one.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
@What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?
Maybe some members on internet sites like ATS are paid to change the minds of potential observers of Truth?

Ex:
if 1 cow walks away from the slaughter house aware of the agenda of slaughter houses and another cow sees and follows then the slaughter house it out of bussiness eventually. my guess

Yes, but of the potential many "cows," that could take a different path away with you, are far more "sheeple" that only need the reasssurance of "everything is OK," from some one for them to follow the ramp up to where the blood flows.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is :

-To establish creds

-be a proud multiple poster then come in as the voice of reason ect... on several topics

-information monitoring... watch the flow...

-spin control-- which includes thread killing and/or embarrassing members...

I have my own list of those I suspect--- nine tenths the mods have rolled out.... (banned)

There are a few who it has been fun to watch and speculate....

You see those who are in power tend towards paranoia... and places where ideas are exchanged scare them... and they must all be investigated and or brought down....

watch .... you can point them out....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
reply to post by Amaterasu

So why are sites without debunkers uniformly unsuccessful? Has ATS only not sparked the "rise" you talk about because of the debunkers?

Because everyOne agreed and went on to other things. No need to prowl THOSE boards. It's the boards like ATS, which allow dissenting comment that They want to prowl, because if there are dissenters, there are People still in cog. dis. and the idea is to make it easier for Them to maintain the (false) quality world, or get so confused They just quit thinking about it.

This helps maintain the majority in the cog. dis. state. And in that state, ANYthing, logical or not, They will seize on to assure Themselves the evidence isn't there and Their quality world may stay intact.

(Don't know about GLP... I saw dissenters in there...the brief time I visited.) But the fact is the site that gets by far the most traffic on the web and deals with 9/11 is ATS. That would make it Target #1.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

So despite the fact that they know it's a conspiracy they are willing to lie because... nope, you've got me stumped. Money? Can't be that because they could make more by coming clean. Duty? You think there are actually enough people who, when initiated into a murderous conspiracy, would consider it their duty to lie to protect it? And where do they recruit these extraordinary individuals?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question.

And you think that those other boards are empty because people just "moved on"? Why, if they are preaching the truth? By your logic they should be getting more popular and engendering an uprising...

You say that debunkers' activity on ATS allows people's cognitive dissonance to be maintained (although in my opinion you are subject to a healthy dose of cognitive dissonance yourself). But who are these people? Which posters are subject to it? Because from where I sit there is a significant majority of truthers, some debunkers, and um, nobody else. The truthers rarely seem swayed by the debunkers, not to a point which makes them question their beliefs on 9/11. So who are the debunkers preaching to?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShadeSo who are the debunkers preaching to?
To the undecided. The outsiders who randomly run into an ATS thread in their beginning search. Those who were born too late to have a fully informed opinion by this point in time. To those who can still be reached. Not all those who read this stuff post.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

If that were the case, then They would just do it, NOT cover it up, and We would be looking at answers that fit the data. And They don't care if someOne preaches a non-OS. They just want enough sheit floating around to obfuscate. Because if We do get the truth, there WILL be People put deep in the can for it.

I don't follow that at all. It doesn't seem all that relevant to what I've written.

I included what You wrote - I no longer have the context here. Would have to pull it from My previous reply. And I have other things to do...

If all the debunkers left ATS and other sites tomorrow, how soon would the "Truth" prevail? And what would that victory look like?

If that were to happen it would mean everyOne was satisfied with a given answer. Or that the debunkers realized Their error. Or... And the truth easily can prevail when no One is in opposition.

Without individuals muddying the waters, fewer would cling to the cog. dis. and denial. And with luck We will go arrest that criminal team that perpetrated 9/11.

Um... Did it occur to You that the money is spent moving Their agenda forward and NOT on Us?

It was a flippant comment. But the US government doesn't strike me as particularly efficient. I can't see a load of wage slaves on debunk duty managing to hold back the tide of your revolution. And I also can't see why they would risk one of them blowing cover.

They're not efficient because They don't care. They are working an agenda that has nothing to do with Us except for Our deaths and enslavement.

And it does not take but a few vocal spewers of OS and way-out ideas for many to throw up Their hands and just side with the comfortable OS rather than the evidenced idea that it was an inside job.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Apologies if this post is a bit late.

I believe that "paid disinfo agents" exist on ATS.

www.prisonplanet.com...

One clue to possibly identifying them is the huge number of posts they accumulate in such a short time.
Check through on some of the suspects and you will see what I mean.

To spend so much time sitting at a computer on a site such as this is either very financially rewarding or just plain sad.

But I am happy that on this site at least, they are wasting their time.
As I have said in other posts, I have seen many Sheeple convert to Truthers - but never vice versa.

Perhaps their bosses are getting desperate.

Now excuse me, I must go.
I gotta life.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question.

And you think that those other boards are empty because people just "moved on"? Why, if they are preaching the truth? By your logic they should be getting more popular and engendering an uprising...

Preaching to the choir, I think You mean. And preaching to the choir gets old. I'm not saying that dissenters are not good. I'm saying enough are agents in place to keep the cog. dis. going and not collapsing into the truth.

You say that debunkers' activity on ATS allows people's cognitive dissonance to be maintained (although in my opinion you are subject to a healthy dose of cognitive dissonance yourself).

Oh, I truly would love to have You provide Your reasoning that I am in a state of cog. dis. Please. I ask VERY nicely. Provide the reasoning.

But who are these people? Which posters are subject to it? Because from where I sit there is a significant majority of truthers, some debunkers, and um, nobody else.

And a number of those "debunkers" are agents. And some of the "truthers" are ALSO agents. I know *I* would go about it that way if it were Me running the show. Beset the boards with totally whacky, crazy-sounding theories and then paint all the "truthers" with that brush through the "debunker" identities.

Seriously, if I can come up with a plan, surely They could.

The truthers rarely seem swayed by the debunkers, not to a point which makes them question their beliefs on 9/11. So who are the debunkers preaching to?

The Ones on the fence. And even those slipping away from the OS, with hopes of bringing Them "back into the fold." And to keep things seemingly "up in the air" regardless of the avalanche of evidence. That way, People will carry more doubt than they would if honest posters were all We had.
edit on 9/22/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Simply put: I would love to think that the paranoid do not make it into upper level governmental positions. It's unrealistic. So when we say that x, y , an z, position is paranoid, we're not concluding anything.

Besides, although a lot of the people who post here are Americans, we do have other countries paying an interest, and there's governments that either have already or are pretty darn close to closing down and restricting the internet as it is...so yeah, a forum at the top of it's game is something that would attract all sorts of paid disinformants.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShadeAfter reading what you have to offer on the topic of 9/11, I prefer to think of you as more of a 'free-lancer', hoping that they might notice you, and offer you a contract. Let me know how that works out for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Oh, I truly would love to have You provide Your reasoning that I am in a state of cog. dis. Please. I ask VERY nicely. Provide the reasoning.

Because you say things like:

And a number of those "debunkers" are agents....

Without even a slim reed of evidence.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't know about 'paid disinfo agents' specifically, but there is loads of evidence of PR companies and governments aiming to sway public opinion in myriad ways, including blogs, forums and the comments sections of online newspapers etc.

People who read and show an interest in broader issues, news etc. tend to be more educated and intelligent and therefor a possible threat to those in power.

The masses aren't a threat - they can be and are bought off by 'bread and circuses'. It's those that have the persuasive abilities to move the masses that are a threat. So most propaganda efforts are aimed at the more educated and 'informed' segments of the public.

As for ATS or conspiracy boards specifically, I don't know if they would be a target for disinfo agents. I don't think the government or the Heritage Institute or whatever cares about aliens, or pyramid energy or even 9-11. What they do care about are taxes, Marx, and anything that counters the very system that assures a handful of well-connected winners and the rest of us as good little workers not disgruntled enough to do more than pull a sickie once in a while.

I would think that disinfo agents or PR reps or whatever would be more likely to spend their time deriding anything that links to ATS or other 'conspiracy' sites altogether than spend time on them.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

I don't know why it is so hard for people to comprehend why "tptb" see a need for disinformation and disinfo agents.

Look around you. You can't see what control freaks these people are?
You can't see all the technology they have developed to intrude on the individuals privacy?
You can't see the lengths to which they go to track everyone on the planet?
You can't see the massive amount of money they have spent worldwide on propaganda, disinformation, and misinformation?
You can't see the great lengths to which they go to coverup lie after lie after lie?
You can't see the resources they put into muddying the waters to the point where every story sounds as good or ridiculous as the next?

The list could go on ad nauseum. Read news articles just for the past few years for hundreds of examples of the above and more.

I was in the US recently and the government seem unable to provide you with even the most basic roads. If they can't do that I rather doubt they have the wherewithal to employ people like me to "debunk". And they seem about a trillion miles from effectively pulling off 9/11.

What do roads have to do with controlling the flow of information? It isn't "they can't", it's they won't. They have better places to put that money. Like controlling the flow of information. Like black budgets and projects.

I should also add that it seems somewhat egocentric to assume that the government cares what you think, enough to covertly attempt to prevent you preaching it. Especially when all you do about it is talk on the internet.

It's egotistical to think they don't care. Especially when they have gone to such lengths to curb free speech, and eliminate the rights of the people by calling them priveleges.

Again, you are dealing with control freaks. They are not the incompetent fools they want you to believe they are.

I'm often accused of being a paid disinfo agent employed by - usually- the government. So are a number of other posters who broadly support the "OS".

As to this part. It's just a cheap shot by someone who doesn't have the knowledge or the words to continue the debate. We all find ourselves in a position now and then where we don't have the words or the knowledge to counter a point, or get our point across. Doesn't mean we're wrong necessarily. It just means we've reached our limit for the time being. Unfortunately, some people take to name calling when this happens.

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS."

edit on 9/22/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
It is simply a last resort counter attack, that is made from someone who has lost their argument. That is all it is.

I don't agree. I call people shills, or whatever, when they refuse to answer questions that would contradict their claims. Why would someone who REALLY believed the OS to be true have to avoid questions that contradict their claims. An honest person would not avoid, but address the point.

Why would someone who was honest suddenly admit 'truthers' are right about the physics of the collapses, but then try to claim all the pics of WTC 7 are fake? That after arguing for years that we don't understand the physics? Yes that happened yesterday.

Shill are not hard to spot, they change their arguments to whatever fits the post they are replying to, and when people lie all the time they make mistakes.

edit on 9/22/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Because you say things like:

And a number of those "debunkers" are agents....

Without even a slim reed of evidence.

LOLOL! Sure, hoop. All the behavior that has been noted that is hard to explain without Them (staying in 9/11 threads only for 8 hours a day, etc.) means nothing, I am sure.

(Coming from My lead suspect, at that. You go, hoop!)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

LOLOL! Sure, hoop. All the behavior that has been noted that is hard to explain without Them (staying in 9/11 threads only for 8 hours a day, etc.) means nothing, I am sure.

(Coming from My lead suspect, at that. You go, hoop!)

Confirmed! Thank you. No evidence but a nice absolute statement.
There are no government shills or disinfo agents because nobody cares.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well I'm accused of being anti-semitic and delusional on a daily basis, so calling someone a disinfo agent is just quid pro quo, but I don't ever call anyone that because I don't want to stoop to their level of name calling. I can do just fine by examining their philosophy and logic and not caring who pays them or not.

But do I have my suspicions, of course.
edit on 22-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join