It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

There are no government shills or disinfo agents because nobody cares.

Well you resident OSers obvioulsy do, you are all here all the time ready to jump on a post.

Why do you do that if you don't care hooper? Your life must be pretty damn boring if you have to do that to get yer kicks, when you don't even care.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Well you resident OSers obvioulsy do....

Yep.

....you are all here all the time ready to jump on a post.

No, no quite a lot of BS goes uncorrected because it just all can't be covered 24/7.

Why do you do that if you don't care hooper?

Its fun.

Your life must be pretty damn boring if you have to do that to get yer kicks...

Some people have boring lives, what can I tell ya.

....when you don't even care.

Oh maybe I care a little. You are accusing innocent people of murder. Its just that the government and the public and the rest of the world doesn't care.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

LOLOL! Sure, hoop. All the behavior that has been noted that is hard to explain without Them (staying in 9/11 threads only for 8 hours a day, etc.) means nothing, I am sure.

(Coming from My lead suspect, at that. You go, hoop!)

Confirmed! Thank you. No evidence but a nice absolute statement.

Is it difficult for You to grasp sarcasm?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

LOLOL! Sure, hoop. All the behavior that has been noted that is hard to explain without Them (staying in 9/11 threads only for 8 hours a day, etc.) means nothing, I am sure.

In written form? Yes. Sometimes impossible.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

In written form? Yes. Sometimes impossible.

Clue, hoop. I was being sarcastic. I would think You would have figured that out, coming from Me. Have I EVER agreed with You?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

It is simply a last resort counter attack, that is made from someone who has lost their argument. That is all it is.

reply to post by ANOK

Originally posted by ANOK

I don't agree. I call people shills,

You can refer to others with any word/name that you choose. It makes no difference to me. I gave one reason, that causes some to use that term, but I did not say that everyone uses it. There is a difference.

It is nothing more than a weak, last resort, defense. Regardless of whether or not you agree with me, I still know that this statement of mine, is correct. Maybe not always, but often.

I have no idea what your actual point is.

Why would someone who REALLY believed the OS to be true have to avoid questions that contradict their claims. An honest person would not avoid, but address the point.

Why would someone who was honest suddenly admit 'truthers' are right about the physics of the collapses, but then try to claim all the pics of WTC 7 are fake? That after arguing for years that we don't understand the physics? Yes that happened yesterday.

I don't get involved with the 9/11 arguments. I never have. I will not even attempt to answer these questions, but I am still curious what you are getting at, by asking me these questions.

Shill are not hard to spot, they change their arguments to whatever fits the post they are replying to, and when people lie all the time they make mistakes.
This is basically what is happening right here, right now. I know that you disagree, but only because you came straight out and said it. Aside from that, I have no clue what your argument is about.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

Yes I am one of those who has called you a dis-info agent in the past, and I stand by my statement.

Why do I say that? Well you're constantly in 9/11 threads backing the official story, and anybody can click on your profile and see that your past 800 posts have been restricted to 9/11 threads. Maybe you just really enjoy coming on here and arguing with people solely on the topic of 9/11, I don't know, but I can't think of a more suitable candidate for a dis-info agent than yourself.

What would be the point of a dis-info agent? To dissuade people from believing that the government was behind the 9/11 attacks. Sounds crazy? Meet Barack Obama's friend Cass Sunstein:

They go on to propose that, ”the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups”,[19] where they suggest, among other tactics, ”Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action.”[19]

Shortly after taking office on January 20, 2009 President Obama appointed Harvard law professor (and personal friend) Cass Sunstein to the post of administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. In June 2009 Sunstein published an essay in The Journal of Political Philosophy entitled “Conspiracy Theories: Causes and Cures,” in which he provided an “analysis” of conspiracy theories, viewing them, as his title indicated, as “caused” by psychological conditions and requiring “cures”, i.e., elimination. The article led to an outcry by civil libertarians of all political stripes, who especially singled out for protest Sunstein’s call for covert “cognitive infiltration” by government agents of organizations the government deems “conspiracist”.
Source
edit on 22-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There's a war on for your mind! There's agents are out there consciously and subconsciously spreading dis-info, some of which is paid for by "US tax dollars" and the money laundered on wall street through drug profits and enslavement of innocent children in foreign countries. Oh and some people actually believe the garbage the US government puts out, but then it's in there interest to.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Insolubrious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Without individuals muddying the waters, fewer would cling to the cog. dis. and denial. And with luck We will go arrest that criminal team that perpetrated 9/11.

My point exactly! There are forums where this is happening. There are no debunkers, no voice of dissent. And yet they remain unpopular and no revolution is occuring. Which doesn't fit our ideas about what should happen at all.

And it does not take but a few vocal spewers of OS and way-out ideas for many to throw up Their hands and just side with the comfortable OS rather than the evidenced idea that it was an inside job.

Who are these "many"? Are you saying that there is a silent, undecided majority on these boards who are actually being swayed by what is written here?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

But what would be the point of paying me? What would happen if debunkers weren't here? Would teh "truth" suddenly prevail?

Imagine that I and the other "paid agents" suddenly disappeared. Describe what would occur.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

But what would be the point of paying me? What would happen if debunkers weren't here?
I think lots of people would come to the consensus that the official story is a big load.

Imagine that I and the other "paid agents" suddenly disappeared. Describe what would occur.
The main official story fan club members who are always seen in 9/11 threads backing the official story wouldn't be there to back the official story, erasing much of the doubt that whatever evidence is posted is invalid.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

But what would be the point of paying me? What would happen if debunkers weren't here?
I think lots of people would come to the consensus that the official story is a big load.

The main official story fan club members who are always seen in 9/11 threads backing the official story wouldn't be there to back the official story, erasing much of the doubt that whatever evidence is posted is invalid.

This is why Mormons aren't allowed to read anti-Mormon literature. If they read anything which challenges their faith, then Satan is at work in their hearts, trying to tear them away from Jesus.

I feel like there is a similar pattern among people here. It scares you to have an opposing opinion, so you rationalize it by saying "No, they can't believe it. They don't believe it! They must only be posting because the government is paying them!"

Backed by no reason, no logic. It is simply a rationalization of something you don't understand. You don't understand because your mind is closed, only allowing the conspiracy theory to get in. By convincing yourself day-in and day-out that the conspiracy of demolition is fact, you reinforce it, claiming that all the other opinions are deniers and shills.

In fact, it is you that becomes the denier, isn't it? You are denying that the "OS'ers" have any credence in their opinions, without giving them the benefit of the doubt. If you aren't even willing to play devil's advocate, how can you claim to be on the side of Truth?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I feel like there is a similar pattern among people here. It scares you to have an opposing opinion, so you rationalize it by saying "No, they can't believe it. They don't believe it! They must only be posting because the government is paying them!"
I never said that, don't put words into my mouth. I was referring to TrickOfTheShade specifically.

By convincing yourself day-in and day-out that the conspiracy of demolition is fact, you reinforce it, claiming that all the other opinions are deniers and shills.
I never said that either.

In fact, it is you that becomes the denier, isn't it?
Why yes, I deny the official story.

You are denying that the "OS'ers" have any credence in their opinions, without giving them the benefit of the doubt.
No, most people believe the official story out of ignorance, not out of stupidity, meaning they haven't taken the time to investigate the evidence that goes against the official story.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I've taken the time to research it extensively. Why am I so special that I can't see the truth that you hold dear?

And I do apologize for generalizing so much. I had all the people I encounter daily here in mind, and as a prospective anthropologist, I try to theorize about it. Again, sorry. It's just my nature.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Is there any evidence that any faction has employed professionals such as a PR firm to cover the topic of 911 in any way?

Also Youtube isnt the best plattform for debate.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I've taken the time to research it extensively. Why am I so special that I can't see the truth that you hold dear?
At least you've taken the time to research it and you've made up your decision. If you see the evidence that backs a controlled demolition and think it's not sufficient, and you believe the official story is legitimate, that's fine with me. I see a demolition as the cause for the collapse, you don't, so that's where the discussions center and that's the point of the 9/11 forums.

But people like our OP here who don't post in any forum except the 9/11 one, and constantly back the official story in the face of evidence makes me think he's one of Cass Sunsteins dis-info agents. This is the biggest conspiracy website on the internet, to think that his "cognitive infiltration" groups meant for conspiracy websites wouldn't be here would be foolish.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
They are only here to take your mind somewhere else on issues to stray you away from the real truths, sos you left in the dark scratching your head, thus giving them more time to psych your brian into thinking what they want you to believe. Meanwhile, they, the ELITES go on with buisness as usual, and rip you off.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The point of paid disinfo agents actually should be obvious, but it appears some folks are just "thicker" than others.
I believe the primary purpose is to create the impression that there is a debate on certain subjects, like 911. After all, this is the way subjects are dealt with in the mainstream news...two parties are invited that know what they are supposed to say to give the impression of presenting "both sides".
But, in the case of actual free thinking forums, like ATS, it would soon be clear that there is a preponderance of belief among intellectuals that the OS is an outright lie. And, we simply can't have that now can we? We must give the appearance that we can't come to any agreement on the subject, or at least, that is what the feds want.
The criminal mob that is the federal government.
So, since T&C rules prevent me from calling liars and frauds liars and frauds, although I do sometimes forget the rules, I will refrain from making it clear what I think about them. Being "thick", they really don't deserve as much attention as they get here.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
I'm often accused of being a paid disinfo agent employed by - usually- the government. So are a number of other posters who broadly support the "OS".

let me tell you a little secret that most are not brave enough to say. As I am sure you know, there is no such thing as paid dis-info agents.... The people who call you these things are cowards. Afraid of considering all possibilities. Afraid of the possibility, that their belief, may be wrong.

It is just a way of trying to belittle others and discredit others for daring to disagree with you.

" I am right! I refuse to look at your evidence! You are just a dis-info agent!"

it is a scapegoat used by people who are unwilling to consider all sides....

Other such scape goats: Sheep, sheeple, CIA robot designed for the purpose of spreading dis info ( yeah some one actually accused me of that here.... And at that time I even had a link to my facebook in my signature )

People who are unwilling to examine all sides of a claim, research and truly consider both sides. People who refuse to admit they could possibly be wrong. People who refuse to consider anything that differs from their own opinion.

These are people who will call you names. But then again, what do I know? I am just a robot, built by the CIA for the purpose of spreading dis-info

edit on 22-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think you're wrong: Dis-info agents.

From this post on this very page that you must have missed.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join