It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
I'm often accused of being a paid disinfo agent employed by - usually- the government. So are a number of other posters who broadly support the "OS".

let me tell you a little secret that most are not brave enough to say. As I am sure you know, there is no such thing as paid dis-info agents.... The people who call you these things are cowards. Afraid of considering all possibilities. Afraid of the possibility, that their belief, may be wrong.

It is just a way of trying to belittle others and discredit others for daring to disagree with you.

" I am right! I refuse to look at your evidence! You are just a dis-info agent!"

it is a scapegoat used by people who are unwilling to consider all sides....

Other such scape goats: Sheep, sheeple, CIA robot designed for the purpose of spreading dis info ( yeah some one actually accused me of that here.... And at that time I even had a link to my facebook in my signature )

People who are unwilling to examine all sides of a claim, research and truly consider both sides. People who refuse to admit they could possibly be wrong. People who refuse to consider anything that differs from their own opinion.

These are people who will call you names. But then again, what do I know? I am just a robot, built by the CIA for the purpose of spreading dis-info

edit on 22-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Am i to believe that? While people talk about both sides of a story/topic of discussion, that has been PRE slated so that it can be misinterpreted so that people will argue over both sides, when the real issue is not covered at all and if someone mentions the issue they get kicked off topic. After all, isn't A.T.S a listenning station anyways? Maybe are paid by the ELITES to get info on how to more control your thoughts and steer you away from truths, so that they can squander away what left of money and dignity we have left in our society. I think i hear the sound of a whip shortly. perhaps this thread will die shortly now that i said that. I'm sure alot of members if see this will think the same thing, or am i really that para noid?

edit on 22-9-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
looks like it's getting buried fast, now on no# 2 maybe to a 4 soon and off to the archives to be looked over.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Your article says that a guy wrote a book suggesting that it might be a good idea for the government to do it, not that they have.

That said, I saw your post.

What more can I say? I am not a robot built by the CIA for the purpose of spreading dis-info.

From your article:

Sunstein has produced a pseudo-scholarly fake “analysis” as a basis for a call for the government to infiltrate and neutralize the movement through activities which create “cognitive dissonance,

it seems plausible that his purpose is to suggest that such actions have not even been considered before, let alone implemented

Sunstein’s deeply-flawed and legally-questionable arguments. Griffin penetrates the obfuscation and phony scholarship employed by Sunstein

Find me a source that is unbiased, and that is also not torn apart within the very same article, and I would love to read it. Your article debunks the very claims and suggestions of Sunstein. So what is your point?

Again,I am not a CIA robot, built for the purpose of spreading Dis-info.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

Am i to believe that? While people talk about both sides of a story/topic of discussion, that has been PRE slated so that it can be misinterpreted so that people will argue over both sides, when the real issue is not covered at all and if someone mentions the issue they get kicked off topic. After all, isn't A.T.S a listenning station anyways? Maybe are paid by the ELITES to get info on how to more control your thoughts and steer you away from truths, so that they can squander away what left of money and dignity we have left in our society. I think i hear the sound of a whip shortly. perhaps this thread will die shortly now that i said that. I'm sure alot of members if see this will think the same thing, or am i really that para noid?

edit on 22-9-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

You can believe anything you like. That is up to you. I am speaking strictly off of experience. I was a mod here for two years and worked behind the scenes, I can assure you that ATS is no "listening station" and that there are no paid elites here spreading dis-info.

The closest thing we get to that here are trolls.

But hey, believe what you want.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
on ats, we're ll disinfo agents

not agreeing with some idiot make you instantly a disinfo

PS: im a disinfo agent

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
looks like it's getting buried fast, now on no# 2 maybe to a 4 soon and off to the archives to be looked over.

What is getting buried fast? This thread? ATS has no control over whether people post in this thread... No one does. It is a member driven site. If ATS or anyone wanted to bury the thread, they would have just 404'd it at the start.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
1) Discredit and ridicule respected truth seekers no matter who they are.
2) Debunk and disrupt any thread that may have a grain of truth to it.
3) Influence mass opinion by posting the same things over and over.
4) Increase the validity of disinfo posts by staring each others regurgitation's.
5) Twist scientific facts to debunk critical arguments that wont go away.
6) Mock the intelligence of anyone with beliefs that differ from the mainstream.
7) Provoke arguments and off-topic discussion where all else fails.
8) Never admit defeat, keep on shoveling crap into the fire and it will burn.
9) Be an "honest and down to Earth guy" by debunking real hoaxes consistently.
10) Use reverse psychology when anyone accuses you of being a disinfo agent.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Again guys, I am just speaking strictly from experience. Every one is entitled to their belief. I was a moderator here for two years and have worked with the owners of the site. Honestly this site is not that special guys. The people here are not that special. There are a million conspiracy sites on the internet.

The government is not monitoring this site. There is no cover up. Hell you can even talk to the owners of this site directly and ask any question you like. Send them a U2U. They are always happy to help you.

ATS has no dis-info agents. Nor has there ever been any evidence of such things here. Please do not confuse a troll for a person who works for the government and spreads dis-info.

That is all I am saying. take what you need and leave the rest.

Peace and love.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
1) Discredit and ridicule respected truth seekers no matter who they are.
2) Debunk and disrupt any thread that may have a grain of truth to it.
3) Influence mass opinion by posting the same things over and over.
4) Increase the validity of disinfo posts by staring each others regurgitation's.
5) Twist scientific facts to debunk critical arguments that wont go away.
6) Mock the intelligence of anyone with beliefs that differ from the mainstream.
7) Provoke arguments and off-topic discussion where all else fails.
8) Never admit defeat, keep on shoveling crap into the fire and it will burn.
9) Be an "honest and down to Earth guy" by debunking real hoaxes consistently.
10) Use reverse psychology when anyone accuses you of being a disinfo agent.

Other sites call them trolls. We call them dis-info agents.

Trolls are just people with too much time on their hands. So why would the government pay people to do what millions do on their own, for free?

Or am I a dis-info agent for having an opinion of my own?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

The government is not monitoring this site.
How could you possibly know that simply by being a moderator? Answer: you can't.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Without individuals muddying the waters, fewer would cling to the cog. dis. and denial. And with luck We will go arrest that criminal team that perpetrated 9/11.

My point exactly! There are forums where this is happening. There are no debunkers, no voice of dissent. And yet they remain unpopular and no revolution is occuring. Which doesn't fit our ideas about what should happen at all.

I think You're failing to see that it will take "critical mass" before the actions begin. More and more of Us waking every day. Soon, it will be.

And it does not take but a few vocal spewers of OS and way-out ideas for many to throw up Their hands and just side with the comfortable OS rather than the evidenced idea that it was an inside job.

Who are these "many"? Are you saying that there is a silent, undecided majority on these boards who are actually being swayed by what is written here?

Umm... Personally? Can't say I have Their names. I'm saying that there are some number (many) that are indeed wavering or looking for ANYTHING to tell Them They don't have to change Their quality world. Agent activity would give Them that. And, by the evidence of many who join ATS claiming They used to believe the OS and now don't, I would say there are a LOT of lurkers developing Their stances based on what We write here.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

ATS has no dis-info agents. Nor has there ever been any evidence of such things here. Please do not confuse a troll for a person who works for the government and spreads dis-info.

How would You know that for certain? Just curious...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The government is not monitoring this site.
How could you possibly know that simply by being a moderator? Answer: you can't.

How can you know that they are? Answer: You can't.

Excuse me for trusting my experience working directly with the owners of this site and knowing what really happens behind the scenes...

Again, if you want to believe that you are special enough to be monitored by the government, simply because you have opinons.... Go right ahead.

I will stick with facts though. Again, if you want to talk to the owners who would no even better than I do, they make them selves very available. It is not hard to find the truth....

Maybe quit speculating, and go figure it out? I did.

You are not that special. Sorry to tell you, but the government does not care about your opinion of 9.11. they do not care if you think they did it or Osama bin laden.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You can believe anything you like. That is up to you. I am speaking strictly off of experience. I was a mod here for two years and worked behind the scenes, I can assure you that ATS is no "listening station" and that there are no paid elites here spreading dis-info.

I bolded the phrase I am addressing.

You have no clue whether there are or there are not. Any user is potentially one. No, ATS isn't paying anyOne. But someOne surely could pay People to post here with the intent of adding to the chaos.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So why would the government pay people to do what millions do on their own, for free?
Because not enough people do it and they aren't professionals payed to do it. ATS is the biggest conspiracy discussion forum on the internet. There have even been multiple threads in the past which have prompted government investigations. We some times talk about subjects that might even be considered a risk to national security. Who knows when someone is going to post something that contains classified information. At minimum they would have someone monitoring what is posted. ATS themselves even treats whistle-blower threads very seriously, and I'm willing to bet there are contingency plans in place for when such threads come into manifestation.

Nice use of point 10!
Seriously though, no you are not a disinfo agent for having your own opinion. I very rarely ever accuse anyone of being a disinfo agent, but I have lots of suspicious usernames saved to my memory.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

How would You know that for certain? Just curious...

Because I actually worked behind the scenes, I have worked with the owners of the website. I know what security they have in place and I know how things work here.

If you do not want to believe me, I encourage you to go to the man himself. You can U2U the owners of this website and ask any question you like....

How many times can I say I am basing my words off of experience? I know there are no paid dis-info agents because I have worked for ATS and with the owners and helped to ensure the safety of the site. There has never once been any indication of anyone watching you guys....

For any reason... But again, by all means, do your own research. I encourage you to not take my word for it. Go to the three amigos them selves. Please. Ask them how they know there are no paid dis-info agents.

ATS is not that special guys. We are not that special. We are just a bunch of ordinary people who have an interest in " alternative topics". We come here and state opinions.... The government does not care what you think about 9/11, aliens or ghosts.... They just don't.

You are not that special...

Every site has trolls guys. This does not mean they were sent here by the government.

I am speaking from experience... But I encourage you all to do your own research as well... You will come to the same conclusion I have....

Please do not just speculate and assume it is truth... Do your own research.... You will find that there just are not dis-info agents and that you are just not that special....

I guess I am just wasting my time. it seems that you guys are just going to believe what you want, regardless of evidence to the contrary.... You seem to keep stating the same things over and over, despite evidence to the contrary

Question: How does that make you any different than a " dis-info agent"?

Just something to think about. Peace and love.

Hey, at least I tried to give you the answer.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
to create threads like this

to ridicule the notion

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Because not enough people do it and they aren't professionals payed to do it. ATS is the biggest conspiracy discussion forum on the internet. There have even been multiple threads in the past which have prompted government investigations. We some times talk about subjects that might even be considered a risk to national security. Who knows when someone is going to post something that contains classified information. At minimum they would have someone monitoring what is posted. ATS themselves even treats whistle-blower threads very seriously, and I'm willing to bet there are contingency plans in place for when such threads come into manifestation.

I have something for you to consider. I have come in here, talking and saying dis-info agents do not exist. Sure we have trolls but they are not dis-info agents.

I have told you that I am basing this off of my own experience. I have seen exactly how ATS works, what security is in place and I know that we just are not that special. The government does not care about your opinions on 9/11,ghosts or aliens.... Sorry,but it is the truth.

Consider this. What do you think a dis-info agent does? Do they ignore facts and truth presented to them and continue to say the same things over and over? Well, what have you been doing?

Do I think you are a dis-info agent? Of course not.You are a person. An ordinary person with a belief. I am telling you. You can go out and do research. It is not hard to find out the truth as I have. You can go straight to the owners of this site themselves. They do not hide anything and will be glad to tell you exactly why their are no dis-info agents here.

I am encouraging you to challenge your own beliefs. Do your own research and when you do, I promise you will be saying exactly what I am now.

We are not that special here.... The government just does not care about our opinions... Sorry...

But yes,please consider that you are doing exactly what you claim dis-info agents do...

Alright, well, I cannot change your mind. You are welcome to believe what you want.I just hope you go out there and do the research. Or if you have already started, to please consider all sides and truly think about each possibility

The truth is not hidden at all.

Peace and love guys.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

How many times can I say I am basing my words off of experience? I know there are no paid dis-info agents because I have worked for ATS and with the owners and helped to ensure the safety of the site. There has never once been any indication of anyone watching you guys....
I cannot believe what I am reading here. Why are you so insistent on declaring with such absoluteness the lack of disinfo agents on ATS? I don't believe you are that ignorant, so your motivation lies elsewhere. You don't need to be a moderator to monitor what other people post and assess if they might be a disinfo agent. If the entire staff is unable to see any sort suspicious activity they can't be looking very hard.
edit on 22-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Nice use of point 10!
Seriously though, no you are not a disinfo agent for having your own opinion. I very rarely ever accuse anyone of being a disinfo agent, but I have lots of suspicious usernames saved to my memory.

Glad you caught that joke.
Lots of people would have screamed dis-info agent at me for that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join