It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the point of "paid disinfo agents" on ATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think its a more grown up way of teens saying "troll" when they dont like what they hear.
They saw it on Youtube and a website with a big DONATE button on it so it must be true.

Ive heard it many times myself....most of the new members are fond of the word troll, i havent seen disinfo agent for a while...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The goal is to gather "anarchist" to contain the "gathering" effect events can have on the population.

Instead of acting people reach a certain level of satisfaction reading on conspiracy site. It satisfy the gap between your in-satisfactions and acceptance.

Also it stuffs us with to much (never ending) theories that have the effect of making you doubt, or make you want to know more. The effects can be confusions.

Could also help identify dissidents.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

I cannot believe what I am reading here. Why are you so insistent on declaring with such absoluteness the lack of disinfo agents on ATS? I don't believe you are that ignorant, so your motivation lies elsewhere. You don't need to be a moderator to monitor what other people post and assess if they might be a disinfo agent. If the entire staff is unable to see any sort suspicious activity they can't be looking very hard.
edit on 22-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Look, again, I am basing my words of of experience.... I have sat here and said that if you do not believe me to go out there and do your own research. I have sat here and said to believe what you want.

I just find it funny that you are doing exactly what you claim dis-info agents do.

I have no motivation.

I came here with my own opinion.... based on my own experience on ATS...Is that okay?

Again, please do not take my word for it. Please go out there do your own research. Talk to anyone on staff. Talk to the owners them selves....

I think you are misunderstanding where I am coming from. You don't have to believe me and I don't expect you to.But I do expect you to go out there and start asking questions. To investigate and research as I have.

I am telling you what I have learned from my own experience and research here on ATS.... That is it... You have every right to disagree.... All I am saying is that you should not take my word for it. You should not take anyone elses word for it either. Do your own research.... If you truly examine both sides, I would not be surprised of you felt the same way I do.

Why must I have a motivation just because my opinion is different than yours? Do you really not see the irony in your posts? You are doing exactly what you claim dis-info agents do.

I do not need to justify my experience opinions or anything else I have learned.... All I am saying.... The truth is not hidden at all. Go ask questions of the staff and ATS owners if you choose not to believe me?
edit on 22-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I just find it funny that you are doing exactly what you claim dis-info agents do.
I thought disinfo agents didn't exist?

I have no motivation
I didn't mean it as though you could be a disinfo agent, I meant you're probably just trying to uphold ATS's image or something like that, seeing as you were once a moderator here.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I thought disinfo agents didn't exist?

I didn't say they did. I said that you claim they exist and that they do these certain things. I said it is funny that you are also doing those things.

I didn't mean it as though you could be a disinfo agent, I meant you're probably just trying to uphold ATS's image or something like that, seeing as you were once a moderator here.

You think I care what people think of ATS and it's image? If you knew why I quit as a moderator, you would not be saying that.

Personally, I love ATS. I can see areas where it needs improvement though. I also do not care what others think of ATS. I know there are people who hate ATS and they have every right to do so. I have no interest in changing their opinion of this site.

They can hate it, love it or anything else. Not my concern.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Amaterasu

ATS has no dis-info agents. Nor has there ever been any evidence of such things here. Please do not confuse a troll for a person who works for the government and spreads dis-info.

How would You know that for certain? Just curious...

Because I actually worked behind the scenes, I have worked with the owners of the website. I know what security they have in place and I know how things work here.

I believe You worked at ATS. I believe that ATS is NOT involved in anything nefarious (beyond failing to deny ignorance on one subject). I just don't think You can make claims about the users one way or another whether They are paid to be here creating havoc.
edit on 9/22/2011 by Amaterasu because: clarity

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I believe You worked at ATS. I believe that ATS is NOT involved in anything nefarious (beyond failing to deny ignorance on one subject). I just don't think You can make claims about the users one way or another whether They are paid to be here creating havoc.

Hey, you may be right! But you are mistaking my opinions, based on experience, as claims of fact....

I still encourage you to go out there, investigate, research and examine all sides here.... I truly believe that at the end of your investigation, you will feel the same way I do.

My investigation was aided by working behind the scenes of ATS for 2 years....

I am not expecting you to believe me and I often encourage people to not just take my word for it. Go out there and investigate for your self.

Not much else I can say.

Don't take my word for it. But also do not just get set in your beliefs. Okay?

Not to say that is what you are doing. Just... investigate both sides, examine all possibilities and I truly believe your conclusion will be the same as mine.

Again, we are just not that special... We are just ordinary people with an interest in the topics that this website covers. We come here and post our opinions....

The government does not care about your opinion.Your opinion is no threat to them. If it was, they would have gotten rid of free speech long ago. At least that is my way of thinking. Again, don't just take my word for it though.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Hey, you may be right! But you are mistaking my opinions, based on experience, as claims of fact....

I still encourage you to go out there, investigate, research and examine all sides here.... I truly believe that at the end of your investigation, you will feel the same way I do.

My investigation was aided by working behind the scenes of ATS for 2 years....

I am not expecting you to believe me and I often encourage people to not just take my word for it. Go out there and investigate for your self.

Well... When Your opinion is couched in phrases such as, "There are no dis-info agents," it sounds more like fact statement as opposed to an opinion.

Just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Well... When Your opinion is couched in phrases such as, "There are no dis-info agents," it sounds more like fact statement as opposed to an opinion.

Just sayin'.

From now on I will be sure to post a disclaimer before every post I make on ATS

This is the opinion of gimme_some_truth. Nothing should be taken as fact and you are encouraged to do your own research and come to your own conclusions

better?

I guess my saying that my words are my opinion. That my words are based on experience and that I encourage you to not take my word for it and to go out there and investigate for yourself, and never once saying that my words were fact,was not enough.

But if you really want, I guess I could start posting that disclaimer stating the obvious.

Just sayin'

Look, this is a website where people come to post their opinions... Don't take everything as fact... Don't even take what I say as fact...Do your own research and come to your own conclusions.I have said this time and again in this very thread....

If you take everything I say as fact and do not realize that really, everyone is just posting opinions.... well....

That's on you.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The government does not care about your opinions on 9/11,ghosts or aliens.... Sorry,but it is the truth.

I must have missed this post so I just want to address your above comment quickly. The Government might not care about what I have to say, but there are most certainly times when things on ATS have prompted Government intervention...are you going to deny that much? ATS is like a hub "crazy people" talking about everything the mainstream is too afraid to dive into.

Consider this. What do you think a dis-info agent does? Do they ignore facts and truth presented to them and continue to say the same things over and over? Well, what have you been doing?
I had only made two posts on this thread when you wrote that. I can't be bothered to check when you started posting on this thread...but if you pay attention you'll see that you are actually the one who keeps saying the same things over and over again. And what you are claiming is honestly a bit silly. It's an absolute statement that takes an extreme position at one side of the argument.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I had only made two posts on this thread when you wrote that. I can't be bothered to check when you started posting on this thread...but if you pay attention you'll see that you are actually the one who keeps saying the same things over and over again. And what you are claiming is honestly a bit silly. It's an absolute statement that takes an extreme position at one side of the argument.

Right... It is silly to claim that I do not believe in dis-info agents....

My god... How many times can I sit here and tell you that what I am writing is MY OPINION?

I have said that I have done my own research and came to my own conclusions... I have encouraged you to do the same... That is all...

Again, I am stating NOTHING here as fact.... NOTHING I HAVE STATED IS FACT.It is my own opinion based on my own experience and research... I have said this time and again in this thread...Perhaps if you could be bothered to read what I have been saying you would know that.

I have not stated facts over and over.... I came here and stated my opinion.... I have come here saying for you to do your own research and come to your own conclusions...

Take a look at the list you posted

1) Discredit and ridicule respected truth seekers no matter who they are.
2) Debunk and disrupt any thread that may have a grain of truth to it.
3) Influence mass opinion by posting the same things over and over.
4) Increase the validity of disinfo posts by staring each others regurgitation's.
5) Twist scientific facts to debunk critical arguments that wont go away.
6) Mock the intelligence of anyone with beliefs that differ from the mainstream.
7) Provoke arguments and off-topic discussion where all else fails.
8) Never admit defeat, keep on shoveling crap into the fire and it will burn.
9) Be an "honest and down to Earth guy" by debunking real hoaxes consistently.
10) Use reverse psychology when anyone accuses you of being a disinfo agent.

Lets see....

Number 1.

How could you possibly know that simply by being a moderator? Answer: you can't.

Number 3.

At minimum they would have someone monitoring what is posted.

I very rarely ever accuse anyone of being a disinfo agent, but I have lots of suspicious usernames saved to my memory.

You don't need to be a moderator to monitor what other people post and assess if they might be a disinfo agent. If the entire staff is unable to see any sort suspicious activity they can't be looking very hard.

Number 6.

I don't believe you are that ignorant, so your motivation lies elsewhere.

Number 7.

I cannot believe what I am reading here. Why are you so insistent on declaring with such absoluteness the lack of disinfo agents on ATS?

Okay, you win.You have chased me out of this thread for daring to have an opinion of my own.... Good for you...

You have accused me of saying that my words are fact when I have said over and over that they are my opinion and that I encourage you not to take my word for it.... I find it funny that you believe in dis-info agents and yet, you do so many of the things you claim they do.

I dared to disagree with you and stated that my opinion is that they do not exist and that my opinion is based on my own research and experience... You choose to ignore it and continue speculating rather than doing research of your own....

You have no sense of irony, do you?

Duly noted.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I must have missed this post so I just want to address your above comment quickly. The Government might not care about what I have to say, but there are most certainly times when things on ATS have prompted Government intervention...are you going to deny that much? ATS is like a hub "crazy people" talking about everything the mainstream is too afraid to dive into.

Remember that loughner guy? The government did contact ATS about him and said they might have a few questions. Last I heard, they never got back in touch with ATS and never asked any questions.

This is the closest thing to a government investigation I have seen on ATS.

Fair enough?

There has not been government intervention on ATS in my time on ATS. The closest thing to the government getting involved in any way, is what I have written above... and that was made public by Bill himself in the thread he wrote, making a statement about it....

Again, no secrets.

I am through though. You believe what you want...

You say you are looking for the truth, than I urge you to investigate what I am saying. I don't want you to take my word for it. Investigate for yourself, rather than just speculate....

I am through..... I AM repeating myself now, since there are only so many ways I can say "I have an opinion. Investigate for yourself and I would not be surprised if you agree with me after you are through"

You just hold to your opinion.I am sure you have done plenty of research. I will hold to my opinion that is based on 15 years of research, two of which were spent working for ATS.

Peace and love.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

There has not been government intervention on ATS in my time on ATS. The closest thing to the government getting involved in any way, is what I have written above... and that was made public by Bill himself in the thread he wrote, making a statement about it....
Plainly incorrect. It seems you need to search up on the history of ATS a little bit more. I suggest you start by searching "history of ATS" but I have a feeling you already know what you're going to find.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Plainly incorrect. It seems you need to search up on the history of ATS a little bit more. I suggest you start by searching "history of ATS" but I have a feeling you already know what you're going to find.

So you are now accusing me of being a dis-info agent for daring to disagree with you?

This brings me back to my original comment in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Way to add some evidence to my original comment. I have considered your side and done my own research for years.... I talk about my opinion for 30 minutes.... and... I get called a dis-info agent.... Swell.

I did a search for history of ATS....Are you expecting me to take serious some guy speculating on some half truth's and just plain made up info. I don't really want a thread here or any other conspiracy site as a source of your claims

Something from BBC, PBS, etc.... talking about the government intervening here on ATS, That I could take more serious.

I want evidence from a legit source, not speculation and half assed conspiracies.

You call me a dis-info agent for daring to have my own opinion? That is where I leave this thread.

I have the right to my own opinion, as do you.... but I admit, I have lost some respect for you... with you alluding to me being a dis-info agent....And why? Because I dare to have my own opinion and it differs from yours.

if I am a dis-info agent in your eyes, for daring to have my own opinion and encouraging you, not to take my word for it and to do your own research and come to your own conclusions, so be it. If I am a dis-info agent...Some one should really fire my ass

I am through....

Good day.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ok so, we take every name of the people here that give arguments why there wouldn't be dis-info agents on ATS.
Then we divide with one side, people that don't really believe in conspiracies and on the other side, real agents.

You fools, to think no one would be payed to "spy" on us, misdirect us, make a bad source and then ask people to bring the bad source here?

Trust me, if I said I was doing something big, like blowing up a president somewhere and I sounded for real, they would be on me.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I didn't call you a disinfo agent, no need to have a fit. I'm just saying there have been several confirmed incidents where authorities were forced to intervene, so your statement was incorrect. I'm not about to start listing these incidents but you obviously need to do more research into this subject. If you were on the staff you should know that ATS clearly doesn't joke around when it comes to whistle-blowers and threads that might contain classified information. It's a serious matter and if you think the Government is going to pay no attention what so so ever to the largest discussion board of this nature then you need to take a refresher course on simple logic.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

Basically, they want there to be "paid disinfo agents" because it makes them feel important and meaningful. It's one of several grand delusions the community has.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

But what would be the point of paying me? What would happen if debunkers weren't here?
I think lots of people would come to the consensus that the official story is a big load.

Imagine that I and the other "paid agents" suddenly disappeared. Describe what would occur.
The main official story fan club members who are always seen in 9/11 threads backing the official story wouldn't be there to back the official story, erasing much of the doubt that whatever evidence is posted is invalid.

Which people would come to that consensus? There aren't any poeple except Truthers and debunkers here. Take away the latter and you woul just have the former, most of whom seem pretty certain anyway.

But assume you're correct. Would there then be a revolution or something? Because I can't see TPTB being particularly worried if a few people on the internet think something.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
the're aint that many diss info agents out there but the ones that are out there are usually the owners of the forums themselves.

they moderate and manipulate the tide of conciousnous and seperate the ambitions of truthers from the mainstream internet of the herd for instance glp .. that son of a bitch trinity is so on the payroll

glp serves as not only a hub for diss info but also for far more unscrupilous purposes of spreading absolute atheism

2 things your not allowed to discuss on glp

1. tavistock

2. zionism and communism
you may suggest 1 or the other but never the 2 in the same paragraph

instant ban

trinity sold his soul and some of the now ex forum mods figured it out namely dr postman and pheonix 2012

if you know not any of these things that you conspiracy foo is weak

glp gets regular hits from dhs which is well known but what isn't known is the link between the 2 departments

for instance the funding of the scope project it grew from a small idea of a truther to a major 250,000 dollar scheme overnight

now every conspiracy mug is hanging on the every word of trinity.gov to give them the all clear but its no more different than google sky however no conspiracy theorist worth his salt believes google sky but the glp observatory oh yea quarter of a million dollars is peanuts for the minds of the paranoid and when will they have the scope online ? when its time to reveal the truth to the world but i can assure you the ptb will have buttoned up well in advance.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Preaching to the choir, I think You mean. And preaching to the choir gets old.

Exactly. So why pay agents to keep the discussion going. Just allow the forums to tunr into places filled with people "preaching to the choir" and as you say, it will get old.

Oh, I truly would love to have You provide Your reasoning that I am in a state of cog. dis. Please. I ask VERY nicely. Provide the reasoning.

Do you think that the conspiracy was wide-ranging, or that it was carried out by a smal group of highly-trained experts?

Seriously, if I can come up with a plan, surely They could.

But why would they want to? You've already said that without debunkers boards get "old" and die out. So why would they pay people, and induct them into the conspiracy (which risks everything) for no good reason?

The Ones on the fence. And even those slipping away from the OS, with hopes of bringing Them "back into the fold." And to keep things seemingly "up in the air" regardless of the avalanche of evidence. That way, People will carry more doubt than they would if honest posters were all We had.
edit on 9/22/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

But once again - there are boards with only (by your criteria) honest posters. Why are they so unsuccessful? Whya re they not sparking your revolution?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join