It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and YOU agree on Something! Hey Conservatives and Rick Perry - Start Clapping

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The death penalty. Murder of murderers. The US may have murdered an innocent man today. Beyond a reasonable doubt, through all of the stays and appeals, apparently strong enough to kill Troy Davis
Yes, there are many threads on this here today and this one is not about Mr. Davis specifically, although his death is the impetus for the thread.

Recently at the Republican debates the crowd applauded the death penalty and the "work" Mr. Perry has done in Texas - not to mention Mr. Perry himself who proclaimed without hesitation that yes indeed he can sleep without narry a snore at night even if one of his couple hundred murders happened to be the wrong, innocent guy.
(He' s like a real life Dexter this guy.)
The United States has some pretty bad company when it comes to the death penalty...

According to Amnesty International, 137 countries have abolished the death penalty. Argentina, Chile, and Uzbekistan outlawed the death penalty in 2008. During 2007, 24 countries, 88% in China, Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and the United States alone, executed 1,252 people compared to 1,591 in 2006. Nearly 3,350 people were sentenced to death in 51 countries. More than 20,000 prisoners are on death row across the world. See also U.S. Figures.

WW Stats on the Death Penalty

This alone should say something. The majority of countries find it barbaric and have outlawed it.

Now, in relation and more to the point of the thread. Hypocrisy and murder.

Britain's Foreign Office Minister Alistair Burt said: 'I am appalled by the images of the public execution today in Iran of Alireza Molla-Soltani.

Any good red-blooded American Conservative will tell you how terrible Iran is. A lot of the things they may point out, totalitarian religious extremeism government, crack down on liberties, dangerous want of the bomb, etc etc -these have merit and the Iranians got some work to do, yeah, to put it mildly.
One of the things wrong with Iran, imo, is the death penalty. They do it a little differently over there, but the result is the same - you die that day. Here, we have something death penalty supporters and the mullahs agree on.

Some may say, well, in the US they are given a FAIR trial and appeals and etc etc etc...in Iran it is like Mexico only it is Iran, if you get what I am saying...regardless of the courts, innocents will always die in this system.
Others will note the boy hanged in Iran was 17 - the outrage from Great Britan (although not really outrage) is comical considering we will put a mentally handicapped 17 year old on death row without batting an eye...

Iran and Texas Battle for "Executioner of the World" Title

If one believes in the death penalty here in the States, you can't argue with it abroad. At least some people may realize with this that they have more in common with their "enemies" than they realize.

CJ
edit on 22-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Except it's completely different in the fact that you use lethal injection and not stoning.
So don't compare the United States to Iran because it is false and misleading.
I would much rather have the death penalty than not have it.

(From the UK & I completely agree with having the death penatly, I wish it was here...)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
Except it's completely different in the fact that you use lethal injection and not stoning.

(From the UK & I completely agree with having the death penatly, I wish it was here...)

So the method of death is the big kicker for you? We have lots of options in the states - it depends on the state - we still have the the gallows and firing lines...also, did you read the artice? They hang them there - same as some states here...

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

So the method of death is the big kicker for you? We have lots of options in the states - it depends on the state - we still have the the gallows and firing lines...also, did you read the artice? They hang them there - same as some states here...

CJ

It is definately the most important factor. The method of mortality. At least it is painless.
How many times per year is the method used, hanging or firing squad? I would like to see figures because in my opinion that is completely BS and I am not even from America. I simply don't believe you that Hanging and Firing
squad is used even one time to 20 to Lethal injection.
Is it not a fact that you can only contend for the death penalty if the evidence is overwhelming?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
maybe 2, but they prefer lethal injection, like the rest-

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

The only thing Iran's gov has in common with ours is

opression.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i think the death penalty crowd are the ones that are more susceptible to hating others...that's why it's so easy for the media to inculcate hate for another country or group of people into these people's minds.....you can take the people out of nature, but you can't take nature out of people.......

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Complete nonsense. No amount of excuses can justify killing somebody who killed somebody else to teach people not to kill. That is the most illogical bunch of nonsense I have ever heard.

The US are hypocrites. Absolutely no doubt whatsoever about that. Hypocritical, vengeful and I would dare to say worse than the nations they accuse and invade.

link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
i think the death penalty crowd are the ones that are more susceptible to hating others...that's why it's so easy for the media to inculcate hate for another country or group of people into these people's minds.....you can take the people out of nature, but you can't take nature out of people.......

What a load of hippy bullcrap. I dont hate anyone. I just don't want scumbags on the street.

Why Is ATS full of Liberal idiots?

link   
reply to post by Signals

Agreed on the oppression part - but they are also like us and China when it comes to the death penalty. Bad company, imo.

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Complete nonsense. No amount of excuses can justify killing somebody who killed somebody else to teach people not to kill. That is the most illogical bunch of nonsense I have ever heard.

The US are hypocrites. Absolutely no doubt whatsoever about that. Hypocritical, vengeful and I would dare to say worse than the nations they accuse and invade.

So, let's just lock them up, give them playstations, TV's, and regular family visits? Maybe that will teach them?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well we better pick up the pace we are down from 2010. I like how the article in the op lumps the US with everybody else instead of a break down of each.

en.wikipedia.org...

2010 - The following 23 countries carried out executions in 2010: Bahrain (1), Bangladesh (9+), Belarus (2), Botswana (1), China (2000+), Egypt (4), Equatorial Guinea (4), Iran (252+), Iraq (1+), Japan (2), Libya (18+), Malaysia (1+), North Korea (60+), Palestinian Authority (5), Saudi Arabia (27+), Singapore (1+), Somalia (8+), Sudan (6+), Syria (17+), Taiwan (4), USA (46+), Vietnam (1+), Yemen (53+).

I think Russia stopped reporting theirs for various reasons.

edit on 22-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LondonerBLV

No, ATS is full of enlightened individuals who consider execution to be barbaric, backwards, hypocritical, vengeful crimes against humanity and those who uphold the death penalty and wish to perpetuate it to be disgusting people who are no better than animals, salivating with blood lust and desire for revenge.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The two states that kill the majority in the US, Texas and Florida, both use lethal injection. Most states rarely execute people. That doesn't mean they won't hang someone...

In 1993, Washington State executed Westley Allan Dodd, a convicted murderer of three children. He was hanged -- one of only three death-by-hanging executions in this country since the Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976.

Hung in the USA

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

What a load of hippy bullcrap. I dont hate anyone. I just don't want scumbags on the street.

Why Is ATS full of Liberal idiots?

let's get something straight, i'm not liberal or conservative, those are titles for sheeple......do you not hate the iranians? muslims?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Agreed on the way it was "lumped in"...take a look at the list though. Anyone really want to be a part of that gang?

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The two states that kill the majority in the US, Texas and Florida, both use lethal injection. Most states rarely execute people. That doesn't mean they won't hang someone...

In 1993, Washington State executed Westley Allan Dodd, a convicted murderer of three children. He was hanged -- one of only three death-by-hanging executions in this country since the Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976.

Hung in the USA

CJ

I stopped reading as soon as I saw '1993' and 'convicted murderer of three children.'

Why do you protect child killers?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You stopped reading when confronted with facts? I did what again regarding your momma?

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

More to the point - why do you like Iran and North Korea etc? Do you salivate and lust after seeing someone stoned to death? Does it warm the cockles of your heart and make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No, I'm sure it doesn't. Because here, we kill them nicely. There they are mean when they kill.

From my post and article above - here is why only two states have hanging on the books...

Dieter said the shift from hanging to other methods has taken place to make executions "more palpable to the public."

Sad.

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You stopped reading when confronted with facts? I did what again regarding your momma?

CJ

Is it only me who sees what an idiot this person is after posting that? Owned.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join