It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and YOU agree on Something! Hey Conservatives and Rick Perry - Start Clapping

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by LondonerBLV

More to the point - why do you like Iran and North Korea etc? Do you salivate and lust after seeing someone stoned to death? Does it warm the cockles of your heart and make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

Where do I say that I like Iran and North Korea? Owned.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Yep, pretty much just you.

Owned? Only in your warped mind mate. I'm not the one who advocates killing people who killed people to stop people killing people. How do you resolve that ridiculous logic in your head? I'm seriously curious, it must take some hefty ignorance to be able to completely butcher logic like that.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The fact that this thread is about the US sharing policies on execution with nations like Iran or North Korea and then the fact you agree with them?

Owned? What are you, a child?

"You keep using that word. I do not think that it means what you think that it means."

edit on 22/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yeah...right.
I like the fact you add nothing to the debate - keep up the good work!

Just an fyi: this is how it works.

I say there is still hanging in the US. You say, "no there isn't"

I show you an article that points out hanging is STILL on the books in two states, proving me right.

You stop reading because the facts, yes, facts, don't suit you.

Then you accuse me of somehow helping child murderers.

Then you claim you owned someone.

All in about ten minutes you have proven nothing, added nothing, refused to see the obvious, made accusations, and shown you are maybe 16 but I could be stretching it.

Now, anything to add to the OP?

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
Except it's completely different in the fact that you use lethal injection and not stoning.
So don't compare the United States to Iran because it is false and misleading.
I would much rather have the death penalty than not have it.

(From the UK & I completely agree with having the death penatly, I wish it was here...)

So the method of death is the big kicker for you? We have lots of options in the states - it depends on the state - we still have the the gallows and firing lines...also, did you read the artice? They hang them there - same as some states here...

CJ

It is definately the most important factor. The method of mortality. At least it is painless.
How many times per year is the method used, hanging or firing squad? I would like to see figures because in my opinion that is completely BS and I am not even from America. I simply don't believe you that Hanging and Firing
squad is used even one time to 20 to Lethal injection.
Is it not a fact that you can only contend for the death penalty if the evidence is overwhelming?

please read this post again before trying to say that, i said, that hanging is never used in america, because that is completely false, as per my above comment.

I just find it laughable that you have to find a link from 1993 to back up your comments, and also a chid killer. In my opinion he got everything he deserved the bastard, in fact he should of been castrated before.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

yes its okay we humanely kill our fellow humans.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Also, I see plenty of "Liberal States" carrying out executions...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I find it laughable that some people manage to find their way out of the abortion bucket - but that's beside the point.

The point here is that the claim that the US executes people 'humanely' is bogus considering the hanging evidence. You try to deflect this though by claiming that the other poster somehow likes child killers. Where is the logic in this?

Awaiting your next 'pearl of wisdom'...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

The fact that this thread is about the US sharing policies on execution with nations like Iran or North Korea and then the fact you agree with them?

AND...

Japan, Russia, China, India etc etc etc

Simply because some choose to single out Iran and North Korea for their agenda comparison while ignoring all the others seems dubious to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What's laughable is you speak as if you know what you are talking about. Look into it...

Here is a list of UPCOMING executions in the USA. Out of FIFTY states, EACH with it's own laws on methods of execution, HOW MANY ARE THERE? I'll answer it for you, eight. Eight states. That makes 42 that don't plan on killing anyone as of right now. See why 1993 is RELEVANT? Just because a few states have a monopoly on killing people doesn't mean the laws don't exist. They do. Owned.

The EIGHT Current States out of FIFTY

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They have them on the books, but look at the fact only eight states currently have slated executions...

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The list includes more 'evil' nations than other. I posted this in another thread, it's a comment someone else made under an article on Troy Davis...

Christian S

What's with everyone wanting his blood? A death already occurred. What exactly will another one accomplish?

I thought the US, like other enlightened nations, had abolished state-snanctioned murder (like most of the civilized world has years, sometimes decades ago.)

Instead, the US shares their position on this with:

Iran
Iraq
Jordan
North Korea
Palestinian National Authority
Syria
Yemen
Pakistan
Lebanon
Afghanistan
Cuba
Somalia
Nigeria
Libya
Egypt
Ethiopia
Botswana

Congratulations. That's quite a club.

I think he forgot Zimbabwe, with that lovely Mugabe chap, and a few others, but the general jist is there.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

yeah and alot of those same people think abortion is justified.

jusitfable homicide,

i really do love how people love to try to have it both ways
edit on 22-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So in your own words you agree the death penalty is wrong?

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The abortion debate is a whole different kettle of fish and completely off-topic.

I love it when people try to deflect the topic so as to avoid facing facts.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

in my words whats isnt wrong is a person being found guilty by a jury of their peers and being punished to the fullest extent of the law.

what is wrong a fetus that grows into a child and then inturn to adult given no jury no chance no lawyers no appeals

how about the person committing a capital offense not to commit them and agian a child hasnt done a damn thing

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There is a big difference between giving lethal injections to murderers and stoning teenage girls to protect a family's "honor" because rumors are circulating that the teenage girl may have done something "improper" with a boy.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

nope

we are talking murder here dont get to move that line cause you lose the arguement

just saying if your going to set a standard live by it instead of moving it to suit your own agenda

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Exactly

A murderer gets three hots and a cot for free for life.

A child gets murdered for nothing more than being a preventable inconvenience.

But that's all about CHOICE

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join