It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The markets are crashing! The markets are crashing!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Looking at the candlestick and technical charts for the Dow Jones Industrial Average, it appears as though the market is simply trending in a horizontal range right now. It is my guess, from following all the chatter being posted in investment chat rooms and bulletin boards, that investors are taking advantage of the protest on Wall Street to short sell stocks thereby making profits from the fears of other investors. Personally, I don't see this as being a long-term problem. I hope I'm right. Either way, though, I still made a good profit with my stocks today.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
We were set up for a fall.
I set the perameters for all years and you see a level line for about a decade from 72-82 then up and up and up through the mid 90s then when they started shipping the manufacturing overseas stock went up how has you quality of life fared for the past 15 years?

www.google.com...
JI#

This one goes back further.

www.analyzeindices.com...

I want to think it is the inverse of the value of the dollar.
edit on 22-9-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
It is still early.....hopefully it will rebound, but I doubt it. What is the lowest it has EVER dropped? I guess I could google it but I am hoping I can get out of doing that and remain lazy.

I wish I was more knowledgeable in this area but quite frankly I would need a book for dummies in its regards.

click the link in the OP and select YTD or All time..

it's NOT going to rebound.. sorry for the reality check .. but .. when someone says POST collaspe.. i .. didn't take their comment quite seriouly enough..

ugh ..

link   
We are all on this ship called the TITANIC and when you realize the ship is sinking, be sure to follow the rats, MTW. more the wise.

link   
It's called consolidation. Those pulling the strings want a selloff. Cash baby! Watch as the big players merge or get bought out. The elites are starting to consolidate power. Gotta ask yourself why and what they know.

Something's brewing.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Yep, something is definately brewing, and it isn't coffee.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Who can afford coffee now??? Cloaked your earlier comment was right on. Slowly we are all going broke.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
-391 now , raising again ..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Listen up folks. I'm on another forum where someone posted a financial report - the sort you pay for. But it's not rocket science. The markets are tanking. Big institutions are taking their money out of banks. The ordinary person on the street will follow. We could see certain governments going down. So make your preps. Your job is not secure, your pension is not secure, your benefits are not secure, your savings are not secure. The only thing that matters is what you can touch and eat. So get your supplies up now.

I agree completely! I started stocking up on non-perishabel items a few months ago and have started a small garden as well. It may not be much but it's a start!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDigitalGem
[

I agree completely! I started stocking up on non-perishabel items a few months ago and have started a small garden as well. It may not be much but it's a start!

What's to stop your neighbors hopping the fence and picking from your garden?

Did you wall it off with a titanium cage?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

The gun is empty, there are no more bullets left in the house and the wolves are outside and they are hungry. In other words countries are going broke,promises were made that cant be kept, and we have a bunch of dummies (being nice) in office who are really bad shots and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn even if they were in it.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDigitalGem

What's to stop your neighbors hopping the fence and picking from your garden?

Did you wall it off with a titanium cage?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What i love is, back in 08 nobody wanted to mention or believe in the R word. But now they are mentioning it a lot. Hmm, i wonder if they are mentioning it so they underplay the possible D word that might be down the track.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

According to a friend of mine who works for Fidelity Investments, we should not worry too much about the stock market. Unless the market goes into a 'rapid' free fall, the loss of anything less than 1,000 points is nothing. Its a hiccup. When you see the markets drop over a thousand points in a few minutes, start pulling your investments as soon as possible. Technically, the four hundred point drop is nothing to worry about. Its only pennies.

edit on 9/22/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

You know the market closed long before you post, right?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would like to hear what Max Keiser has to say about this

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Everyone is screaming to gather rare earth metals it seems but doesn't everyone have to consider these valuable for that to be a viable currency. If things get really bad food and water are going to be the new silver and gold. That's why I invest in lead :-D

Edit: Duct tape is a good secondary currency to lead.
edit on 22-9-2011 by trollslayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Three little letters

P.P.T

Plunge Protection Team.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
well the aussy markets open in a bout 2 hours and they lost about 3% on the asx 200 yesterday. looking at the blood bath if we have another day of mayhem. monday is going to be a very interesting day for all. good luck and thanks for the fish.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
you cant support infinite growth finite resources there is no getting past that logic.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join