The markets are crashing! The markets are crashing!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
gotta love watching the market on your ipad and while that markets tank, aapl is over 400.

I love that guy on cnbc who is saying buy gold now while it's a little more of a bargain. I totally agree that the small sell off is a buying opp.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How come this thread isn't in the hot topics getting the most replies section???

And most flags???
edit on 22-9-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
update Dow Jones -430
S+P -41

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Any financial institution such as pension and retirement funds that is backed by the US government, you can trust. The US gov had often depended on loans to finance its operations since the 30s, instead of depending on earnings and building up its nest egg. Thanks to the bankers for that, rightfully, or wrongfully.

You can trust the US gov on finances simply because US is not Greece or Xanadu. It is a huge landmass, with intelligent and creative human capital, resources both on surface and below that wont be expiring anytime soon, with more to come as our tech advances to mine them or to create them. It is the a rich nation, if not the richest. Australia is the only continent that could come close to US.

Thus it has the ability to feed and fund itself alone, as it did after Independence till WW2 where it had to help the rest of the world and defended itself against attack, which it won amazingly in TWO theatres of war. No other nation could come close as winners.

The world still have needs to be meet, and US could assist those nations and earn financial revenues through such assistance, such as trade, military defense, aid, etc. With its revenues, it will be able to fund social expenditure and progress the nation even further in terms of education and healthcare, and uplifting of lives. (squabbles by polititicians is expected, afterall it is a free democracy, but at the end, you can trust them to do the right thing, cos even after falling down, they have the ability to stand up again to correct errors.)

Therefore, your pensions and funds are safe, if backed by US gov. They had TIME, in terms of centuries as a nation, and WEALTH, in terms of GDP, that private enterprise do not have.

For pension investments with other private banks, you'll have to keep your fingers crossed and live on a prayer in these times.

For those holding gold, I wish you all good luck. Too bad you cant eat gold or buy an egg with gold. You will have to change for paper cash. But when that happens, billion others too will be changing gold into cash too at the same time, and guess what happens next? Commodities do fall frightening fast - hundreds of points within minutes.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
May be the bankers and world elites are saying stop the wars and the criminal activity involving money for the wars. Seems the markets that are crashing are all war infested countries. Im not talking about countries like Iraq and Afghanistan. Im talking about the war mongering countries who are paying for and fighting those wars. The US was the first hit in 2008 but that did not seem to stop any thing. Yes the US took a back seat and let France Germany and the UK take the led. Now they are crashing. Brazil wanted to spend billions on jets and just bought a missle defence package now they are crashing. Mexico is heating up with there drug wars and political wars now they are crashing.

So could the all mighty dollar be saying enough? If it was just money being shifted like normal gold would be going through the roof as they took money from stocks and put it in gold. But gold i crashing too.

World markets are crashing the US seems to be the least hit.

money.cnn.com...

France down 5.25%
Germany down 4.96%
UK down 4.67%
Brazil down 3.54%
Mexico down 4.41%
Hong Kong down 4.85%
Chille down 4.98%
edit on 22-9-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-9-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
/Sarcasm on
Any financial institution such as pension and retirement funds that is backed by the US government, you can trust. The US gov had often depended on loans to finance its operations since the 30s, instead of depending on earnings and building up its nest egg. Thanks to the bankers for that, rightfully, or wrongfully.

You can trust the US gov on finances simply because US is not Greece or Xanadu. It is a huge landmass, with intelligent and creative human capital, resources both on surface and below that wont be expiring anytime soon, with more to come as our tech advances to mine them or to create them. It is the a rich nation, if not the richest. Australia is the only continent that could come close to US.

Thus it has the ability to feed and fund itself alone, as it did after Independence till WW2 where it had to help the rest of the world and defended itself against attack, which it won amazingly in TWO theatres of war. No other nation could come close as winners.

The world still have needs to be meet, and US could assist those nations and earn financial revenues through such assistance, such as trade, military defense, aid, etc. With its revenues, it will be able to fund social expenditure and progress the nation even further in terms of education and healthcare, and uplifting of lives. (squabbles by polititicians is expected, afterall it is a free democracy, but at the end, you can trust them to do the right thing, cos even after falling down, they have the ability to stand up again to correct errors.)

Therefore, your pensions and funds are safe, if backed by US gov. They had TIME, in terms of centuries as a nation, and WEALTH, in terms of GDP, that private enterprise do not have.

For pension investments with other private banks, you'll have to keep your fingers crossed and live on a prayer in these times.

For those holding gold, I wish you all good luck. Too bad you cant eat gold or buy an egg with gold. You will have to change for paper cash. But when that happens, billion others too will be changing gold into cash too at the same time, and guess what happens next? Commodities do fall frightening fast - hundreds of points within minutes.
/Sarcasm off

Fixed it for you,you can thank me later

Incase your Post wasn´t completely Sarcastic...you did hear about Debt,yes? Look it up,especially for this US Goverment you speak so highly off...
edit on 22-9-2011 by Shenon because: forgot the Off Switch
edit on 22-9-2011 by Shenon because: and grammar,bah

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hardly a "crash" .. not even 4%, it's simply a bad day. Considering the rally that recently took place, it's not all that unexpected?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Its called bad if everything goes down Globally,and tomorrow might be even worse when the first Banks start to fall...at least i hope they do

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Hardly a "crash" .. not even 4%, it's simply a bad day. Considering the rally that recently took place, it's not all that unexpected?

Rally?
Look at the markets for the past 3 months. Can you point out the rally for me???

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Now its down almost 500 points, coupled with yesterday, that's a drop of nearly 800 points. Precious metals will going down in the short term, but just wait people, they will come back with a vengeance!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Am watching CNN, about 5 minutes ago, they were speaking about the economic downturn. The anchor is saying the government runs out of money a week from presently, but the government is fiddin to "recess" so they are racing against the clock to put minds together, but then she just had Baynor on saying the government will not shut down. )Tick tick tick tick)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
-476 points... DIVE DIVE DIVE..... RED ALERT>>>>DIVE DIVE DIVE.

I see blue skys where im at...... its a good day!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

That two day drop is worse than that big on day drop in 2008. To all those people that say it's not that bad, well it's bad

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We losr over 700 points a few times back in 08/09. Think the biggest drop was near 770. Sure there was 2 days where the market lost alomost 1,200 points.

Only 4-4.5% which is what we've been seeing globally today. If it gets over 5-6% now that'll be interesting. Though that'll depend on the final hour/half hour of trade.

Aug 11th and the DJI lost 6.7%. Which was not the end of the world.

Don't get me wrong, at some point we won't get another chance of learning from out screw ups.
edit on 22-9-2011 by JamesGC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
We losr over 700 points a few times back in 08/09. Think the biggest drop was near 770. Sure there was 2 days where the market lost alomost 1,200 points.

Only 4-4.5% which is what we've been seeing globally today. If it gets over 5-6% now that'll be interesting. Though that'll depend on the final hour/half hour of trade.

im calling it now. the last hour of trading will be a blood bath....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am trying not to look. But then I have been saying for months that the market numbers are inflated. I guess we should be thankful that Obama hasn't come out to speak today because when he does the mark usually tanks at least 100 points.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I think you're on the right path... IMO 50% bloodbath(aka -600)... 50% -400

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
BTW- does anyone recall at want percentage of loss do they suspend trading? I think it is 6% but not sure.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Connsidering the US markets went ape poo back in August over nothing.....i think when the crap really does hit the fan we may very well see a mega sell off. Esp considering big time investors are keeping away.

I don't think the time is now, but considering the news is all negative all of a sudden (fearing the market) it's only a matter of time.

Th market since August has been moving sideways. You'd think there is more chance of a bloodbath then a major hope inspiring run. can't see a lot of this news becoming good in the next few weeks.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm watching CNBC now, and they say the US House defeated a spending bill to keep the government running through November.
Thats good to know.
I guess....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join