Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The markets are crashing! The markets are crashing!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Do they even suspend it? Cause it dropped 6.7% just over a month ago.

I'm going to say the market will bounce back a little and near the 3.75/4%.

I WOULD love to be wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So now the analyst are blaming Bernanke and Gehiner for the mess in the market, I guess they want interest to be raised, while the government wants more toilet paper printing

Now the Federal government wants the ability to finance itself, well that is peachy they already show that fiscal spending is not a phrase in their vocabulary so they want to increaser the irresponsibility, of unrestricted spending.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

A bounce back is likely sometime this week... but the way this has been going for the last 3 months is loose 3% gain 1%... loose 2% gain 1% and so on
edit on 22-9-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Before the start of yesterday though it was pretty good. hadn't been far off from recent highs.

Market just bounced back almost 100 points in last 10 min.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC

Market just bounced back almost 100 points in last 10 min.

Ah, I think you just jinxed it

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If it drops fast like it just did again, it'll almost look like the stock market just flipped us the bird.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I'm watching CNBC now, and they say the US House defeated a spending bill to keep the government running through November.
Thats good to know.
I guess....

good, can you see the problem? we just went through all this a month ago and they already blew all that cash down the toilet. now they want to spend more? it needs to stop?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

Because the markets are influenced by "speculators" the recent Greek debacle was keeping the markets down, then when the Greek took the bailout with austerity the markets went up, then when it was the hopes of Bernanke's choosing the Q3, over dancing to the twist, when that didn't happen we are now on free fall, this only shows that our markets are nothing but full of crap and our economic stability is nothing but an illusion.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is the breaking news on Rueters:"Breaking News: Financial Times cites senior French official saying that 16 European banks close to failing stress tests" I wonder if this news will affect Wall Street today.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Very interesting, on Alex Jones' show now. Discussing the economic markets, and Jones says he thinks the Big Banks are behind yelling the sky is falling, causing the markets here to pannick and dive, but his expert guest Peter Shiff says he does not agree, rather, the Banksters are merely sugar coating how bad it really is.
edit on 22-9-2011 by simone50m because: x

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

That scenario can only be possible if the too big to fail are doing that bad that they want another bailout. If our congress whores announce another bailout then this nation needs to get into civil unrest mode because that will be outright robbery and the tax payer should not have to be subjected to that anymore.

link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by simone50m
I'm watching CNBC now, and they say the US House defeated a spending bill to keep the government running through November.
Thats good to know.
I guess....

good, can you see the problem? we just went through all this a month ago and they already blew all that cash down the toilet. now they want to spend more? it needs to stop?

I don't know. They may have defeated it but the powers have yet to start threatening the elderly, the military... the same song and dance we have seen twice this year. This threat of government shut down is getting old. And if they are so broke where did they get the million for Weiner's retirement package? Also, notice how the Congress and Pres's paycheck is never on the line.

link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by JamesGC

Because the markets are influenced by "speculators" the recent Greek debacle was keeping the markets down, then when the Greek took the bailout with austerity the markets went up, then when it was the hopes of Bernanke's choosing the Q3, over dancing to the twist, when that didn't happen we are now on free fall, this only shows that our markets are nothing but full of crap and our economic stability is nothing but an illusion.

Could not agree more.

Least it's getting air time (over here in Australia it's getting a LOT of attention).

With all the blunders and crap rolling along, it's only a matter of time before more and more people wake up.
edit on 22-9-2011 by JamesGC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I think shiff is right... things are really bad right now

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Or for the Fed to loan last week to the central banks in the EU, remember when Markel the German chancellor was asking for 1 trillion US dollars? well they got their money what we don't know is how much was given because the Federal Reserve doesn't have to expose that kind of information and neither have to ask permission from congress or Obama to loan.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Maybe i'm thinking of yesterday, but wasn't Gold down like $70-80 in early trade? Just saw its now up for the day. Pretty big turn around, and makes more sense. Thought i saw it down as i said, with the market down 4% and couldn't work out what the hell was happening.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Rich people are gettings scared of loosing a single penny on the market
so they stop buying things

poor people will loose their jobs because of that
they will riots in the street to provide food to the familly
since no one are ready to help them with the basic need

Survival instinct will come full first after the crash
the market will worth nothing for future generations
people will become selfsufficiant and peacefull later on
if an entire nation is depending on costly ressources made by the richs
and the production stop because jobs are lost .. we all know what will happen

The breaking point before people realise they want their stuff back
just make a few math calculs .. the not very rich class .. we would all be millionnaire by now
Im 30 yrs old next month worked for more then half my life .. imagine if i calcul
all the impots and taxes that i have pay + the obligatory assurances
because people are feed with fear propaganda everyday

it is time we free ourself OFF the system

RON PAUL 2012
edit on 9/22/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
More bad news, China under estimated their production reduction and French banks stress test worst than anticipated, fears or another EU recession is also part of the problem, no wonder Obama is asking the EU to pump the banks, then again from where the new infusion of Cash will come from?
edit on 22-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Update: Dow -500

Can you say?:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Welcome to happy hour. Last 30 minutes.

Hitting the 500s now. Mind you some movement up and down.

Good time for a smoke and ponder and then look again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join