It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The markets are crashing! The markets are crashing!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thank you baby face Ben Bernanke! The more speeches you have to more the global markets tank!!!

Just have a look Dow

And remember, The down was down almost 300pt yesterday (9/21/2011) OUCH!!!

This could be the big one folks, maybe, just saying

edit on 22-9-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

Update!!! Dow -400pts
edit on 22-9-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: update!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
its down at approximately 8:07 AM PM by 345 pts. Whats going on? wow it just keeps climbing. It looks like my donwload speeds when I use torrents. it takes 3 steps back, 1 step forward.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
DOW down 355.15 right now....no up escalator in sight.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

The fed announced yesterday that it would be buying a turd load of treasury bonds... Can anyone get the number? I can't seem to find it.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

the markets are crashing.. well its about time...... YEAH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
NEW MONEY SYSTEM TO UNFOLD SOON!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is still early.....hopefully it will rebound, but I doubt it. What is the lowest it has EVER dropped? I guess I could google it but I am hoping I can get out of doing that and remain lazy.

I wish I was more knowledgeable in this area but quite frankly I would need a book for dummies in its regards.

link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

I hope you guys & gals have some some gold and silver!!!

link   
Buy gold they said.. buy silver everyone yelled... Silver is down almost 9% and Gold is off nearly 5%. THAT hurts! CNN's money page is red in every category, across the board. Oh this is a real bad day if it doesn't turn real quick.

link   
Down 371.45 just now.

Maybe, just maybe it's coming!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
why would people be selling off their gold now? apparently its down 70+ dollars

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This explains why were seeing this drop.
Wall Street Tumbles on Global Recession Fears

Update: 11:17am EST: Dow approaches 52wk low as it drops to $10,752

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I got a bunch of silver when it was $25.00 per oz... Find me a savings account with that kind of return

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84

The fed announced yesterday that it would be buying a turd load of treasury bonds... Can anyone get the number? I can't seem to find it.

You are here : Stock Market Today » Financial News » The Fed can “reverse” What
The Fed can “reverse” What
Published On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 By admin. Under: Financial News. Tags: The Fed can "reverse" what the Fed www.stockmarkettoday.cc...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Listen up folks. I'm on another forum where someone posted a financial report - the sort you pay for. But it's not rocket science. The markets are tanking. Big institutions are taking their money out of banks. The ordinary person on the street will follow. We could see certain governments going down. So make your preps. Your job is not secure, your pension is not secure, your benefits are not secure, your savings are not secure. The only thing that matters is what you can touch and eat. So get your supplies up now.

link   
I wouldn't really call it a full on crash.

We've seen these kind of huge dips in early trading only to recover hundreds of points in the afternoon.

Although...it would be a nice intro in the happenings this weekend.

I'm sure you've seen the threads.

link   

wow really? so yet another QE? 400 billioon this time:

sf chronicle

Sept. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Asian stocks and oil slumped, while South Korea's won slid to a one-year low, after the Federal Reserve flagged "significant downside risks" to the economy and Moody's Investors Service cut debt ratings on U.S. banks. The MSCI Asia Pacific Index dropped 1.7 percent as of 9:21 a.m. in Tokyo. Standard & Poor's 500 Index futures rose 0.1 percent following a three-day slump in the U.S. stocks gauge. Treasury 10-year yields fell to a record low. Oil lost 1.8 percent in New York and copper dropped 1.6 percent in London. South Korea's won sank 2.3 percent against the greenback as the Dollar Index reached a seven-month high. New Zealand's dollar fell 0.6 percent after a government report showed economic growth almost stalled last quarter.

edit on 22-9-2011 by asperetty because: jjj

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That 2008 dive was pretty big, but I don't think it was the biggest... Any experts out there?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Nobody claims gold and silver will not drop along with the rest a certain amount.
If we just lost a few trillion on the markt some gold and sliver owners wiill sell to cover shorts or whatever other position they have regarding the markets...The are NO guarantees.

link   

I got mine at $30. However, I had expected to see the value of my metals rise next to a paper going down and market falling fast. Oh well, most of what I invested went to real items that could be sold or bartered down the road or help me provide something others may want anyway, not metals. It's just a little shock to see how fast silver dropped.

link   

Thanks, that's the figure i was looking for... 400 BILLION!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join