It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of Elenin "Breaking Up": Where Are the Star Trails?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

And do we know it's never been by a star before?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the whole "Elenin dimmed because it broke up" story is BULLOCKS.

Think about this for a second: Where does the coma of a comet come from?

The coma is formed by explosive outgassing of ice crystals that reflect sunlight. With me so far?

The outgassing occurs when the Sun's rays melt the ice on the surface correct?

What happens when a "comet" breaks up? The exposed surface area increases exponentially, so there should be much more outgassing, causing a BRIGHTER comet.

If I'm wrong, somebody please point out how.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I knew something was off. I am not expert I thought some had changed the contrast of the newer pics

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the whole "Elenin dimmed because it broke up" story is BULLOCKS.

The coma is formed by explosive outgassing of ice crystals that reflect sunlight. With me so far?

What happens when a "comet" breaks up? The exposed surface area increases exponentially, so there should be much more outgassing, causing a BRIGHTER comet.

VERY VERY VERY good point! So what you are implying is the fact it has gone dim is because the exterior coating of ice that causes the tail has melted away, leaving the solid core of the comet. Next question what is the core made from? My guess is a material never before discovered.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shinzaun

VERY VERY VERY good point! So what you are implying is the fact it has gone dim is because the exterior coating of ice that causes the tail has melted away, leaving the solid core of the comet. Next question what is the core made from? My guess is a material never before discovered.

Actually, I'm implying that "Elenin" is NOT a comet at all; not an ordinary one anyway. There is no way in hell that an object of that size (the size "they" told us it was) is just going to fizzle out like a used up sparkler. Comets are supposed to be made entirely of compacted dirt and ice. To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as a comet with a solid rocky or metallic core. If it broke apart like they said it did, the chunks would continue on the same trajectory, but there would be many times the original surface area exposed to the Sun that would create a larger coma than a single solid chunk of ice would.

Since I'm not Superman with supervision, or a rich man with my own huge telescope, I can't say what it is; only what it isn't. And it isn't what we've been told it is. And I'm going to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt in the next few days.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

All you've done is provide a link to a Wikipedia page that states that a comet's tail can reach 150 million km, rather than providing evidence that Elenin's tail is 150 million km. The most recent data I can find puts the tail length at 3 million km, a significant difference, don't you think? Source

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Since I'm not Superman with supervision, or a rich man with my own huge telescope, I can't say what it is; only what it isn't.

Actually, without a degree and a decent telescope, you can't tell us either.

And it isn't what we've been told it is. And I'm going to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt in the next few days.

You're going to prove what exactly? What methods will you use? You seem somewhat vague to say the least...

IRM

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

My theory, it's now in cloak mode, the only trail is what it leaves, the coma/trail.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sorry...but... when they say 40x10 and 10x10, is that saying that the first image is 40 stacked 10 second exposures, and the second is 10 stacked 10 second exposures? Doesn't that put the first image (as a baseline) 4 times the exposure of the second? (Assuming the same aperture, et al.)

I mean... I'm no photographer, but... No wait, I guess I am a photographer.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
Sorry...but... when they say 40x10 and 10x10, is that saying that the first image is 40 stacked 10 second exposures, and the second is 10 stacked 10 second exposures? Doesn't that put the first image (as a baseline) 4 times the exposure of the second? (Assuming the same aperture, et al.)

I mean... I'm no photographer, but... No wait, I guess I am a photographer.

Exactly my point. The second photo is being claimed as being somewhat a proof of it breaking up because it shows the comet as being dimmer. The comet is dimmer because it's either a shorter exposure, or it's a smaller sampling of different exposures.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Who cares the comet poses no threat.

Once this weekend passes and comet elenin is finally shown to be no threat all the people hyping it will not admit how foolish they are no one is ever held accountable for the crap they spew on ATS and thats why it keeps getting spewed. Same people will show up during next doom and gloom phase rinse and repeat. I wish their were a 3 strike rule on ats for this crap, 3 strikes on your predictions of doom your perma banned. It would really weed out the foolish theory's and you-tube scientist. LOL

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Once this weekend passes and comet elenin is finally shown to be no threat all the people hyping it will not admit how foolish they are no one is ever held accountable for the crap they spew on ATS and thats why it keeps getting spewed. Same people will show up during next doom and gloom phase rinse and repeat. I wish their were a 3 strike rule on ats for this crap, 3 strikes on your predictions of doom your perma banned. It would really weed out the foolish theory's and you-tube scientist. LOL

At this point it being a threat or not is not whats at stake.However the fact that there is no solid proof to know if it broke up or not yet they tell us to blindly accept what they say is proof even though it is full of holes.I think everyone here is smart enough to see the facts that we really don't know.

Even if this sucker thawed out because of the sun then that means that whatever was frozen and released then im not convinced that it has not been left in our path and could cause problems this go around but next time we pass around the sun.Hydrogen cyanide would not be good for us.

At the exact point that it was closest to the sun it just so happens to be in a posisition that visibility becomes near impossible.Also near the same time that it falls into the closest point to the earth we get nasa telling us that 10-300 lb chunks of debris will fall to earth and the higher ups go underground.

It seems very sad to me that were not blasting that satellite to shreds before it lands on top of one of our nuke power plants or something worse like my freaking head.It is very clear to me that when kansas went bye bye so did our commonsensacial leadership.
edit on 23-9-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

At this point it being a threat or not is not whats at stake.However the fact that there is no solid proof to know if it broke up or not yet they tell us to blindly accept what they say is proof even though it is full of holes.I think everyone here is smart enough to see the facts that we really don't know.

At the exact point that it was closest to the sun it just so happens to be in a posisition that visibility becomes near impossible.Also near the same time that it falls into the closest point to the earth we get nasa telling us that 10-300 lb chunks of debris will fall to earth and the higher ups go underground.

It seems very sad to me that were not blasting that satellite to shreds before it lands on top of one of our nuke power plants or something worse like my freaking head.It is very clear to me that when kansas went bye bye so did our commonsensacial leadership.

I want pics of higher ups going underground.... Cmon we have some Denver folks on ATS.. Some of you go to the DIA airport and see do you see lines of famous people , or politicians lining up in mass there.

If the DIA gets shut down and they wont let the general public near it then something is def up and id be scared. But cmon this can be proven someone head to DIA this weekend and keep us posted on who and what you see!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I assume you're talking about the UARS satellite, which is due to fall some time today. Elenin isn't anywhere near it's closest point to Earth, and won't be for almost another month.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Indeed the leaders going underground is somewhat speculative.However just look at the facts that there is large facilities there in colorado and even if they don't go underground they have placed themselves in the right place and time to get underground quickly and yes having someone on the ground monitering that would be very helpful to know if they make the move.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Since I'm not Superman with supervision, or a rich man with my own huge telescope, I can't say what it is; only what it isn't.

Actually, without a degree and a decent telescope, you can't tell us either.

And it isn't what we've been told it is. And I'm going to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt in the next few days.

You're going to prove what exactly? What methods will you use? You seem somewhat vague to say the least...

IRM

Tell ya what friend, why don't you show me the flaw in this logic? Prove that easily demonstrable fact wrong and I'll shut up.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The level of stacking or exposures really make no difference at all except in giving the pictures more detail, it doesn't affect the brightness of the comet in the picture. That part is set in stone. The reason we stack many long exposures is to bring out the detail that is only very faint, the magnitude of the object will not change no matter how many times you stack it, it won't appear any brighter, the mag is a constant.
edit on 23-9-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

The level of stacking or exposures really make no difference at all except in giving the pictures more detail, it doesn't affect the brightness of the comet in the picture. That part is set in stone. The reason we stack many long exposures is to bring out the detail that is only very faint, the magnitude of the object will not change no matter how many times you stack it, it won't appear any brighter, the mag is a constant.
edit on 23-9-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

Sounds like your saying that stacking doesn't effect the brightness then you say it just gives more detail.That's adding up to be a bit of a contradiction cause brightness is details of the pic.It seems like the brightness would be altered when stacking.However i am taking your word for this until i learn different.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I want pics of higher ups going underground.... Cmon we have some Denver folks on ATS.. Some of you go to the DIA airport and see do you see lines of famous people , or politicians lining up in mass there.

If the DIA gets shut down and they wont let the general public near it then something is def up and id be scared. But cmon this can be proven someone head to DIA this weekend and keep us posted on who and what you see!!!

Dude you can't just run up to DIA and see what's up. It's built like a swastika with empty fields and barbwire fences that go right up to runways. The airport complex is in the middle of all the runways. If you are suggesting that people go thru barbwire fences and thru fields and then run across runways to get close to the airport how about you come give it a shot?

DIA is friggin huge. They could fly in the president and all his elite buddies to a concourse that is not in use and take them directly underground and no one would ever have a clue. Perhaps they are having these "drills" in Denver to provide additional cover in the city and at the airport.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

It's not a contradiction at all, you cannot change the magnitude of anything by adding more exposures. It's constant, bringing the detail out is not making it brighter. You measure the magnitude by comparing the comet with the known mag of stars. You would expect to see a noticeable dimming equivilant to that of the comet also with stars in the pictures if that theory wwere to hold true. But there isn't.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join