It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 442
<< 439  440  441    443  444  445 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

It's all over the internet, and I was sure it was even on wiki as well, they even narrowed down the fact that more than half of those reported are to be from the alien grays.
Typical of all your links. You are too lazy and/or to bias to actually read anything more than the first few lines and end up red faced. This is no different.

You did not read your own link did you?
What a clown.

There are a few ways to look at this. You could consider that some people lie, so there may not be millions, or you could go the other route and realize that not everyone reports their occurances so its probably an accurate figure.
Er .... I don’t need your opinion. There was enough conjecture, hypothesising and guess work in your link which points to a strong possibility of sleep paralysis explaining a large portion of these experiences but you chose not to mention this. Or any of the other points that were part of the article. The actual article had a semblance of a balanced opinion. You never do.

Nope, I got it by reading.
We all know how you reading goes

What are you going to say now that millions of people just so happen to be having the same nighmare ??? Or let me guess, no comment.
I don’t have to say anything. Your link says it all:

A Roper Poll claimed that nearly four million Americans have had certain “indicator” experiences and therefore had probably been abducted by aliens. But a study of 126 school children and 224 undergraduates shows knowledge of aliens is related more to watching television than to having the relevant experiences.
Also

With some exceptions,1 many scientists have chosen to ignore the poll because it is so obviously flawed. However, because its major claim has received such wide publicity, I decided a little further investigation was worthwhile.
There is more that shows you read exactly what you wanted to read and made a conclusion based on what you believe and not what you read. Pathetic.

So you are correct I do not need to comment, your link say's it all
---

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Well they do eat their own honey, and it is a source of food for them, a mojor one, so it does qualify.
And just like Bee's and Ants we make our own food and so that must qualify as well then.

Probably the ant.
The biggest source of information at your fingertips and you reply with, 'probably the ant'
. So the ant came first. Where did the ant eater come from?

I was referring to the humpback whales.
So you picked on the hump back. You then quote:

Other baleen whales (like humpbacks
and fin whales) feed on small schooling fish (herring, sand lance,
capelin etc) as well as on krill.
Well done by the way.
Trouble is it lists small schooling fish (that is a wide range of foods). Herring is quite a large group so quite a menu but wait ...... Also sand lance, capelin as well as krill.

That must not qualify as you claim that 'target food' is one food that the animal eats. The humpback is not from here then
Or of course the simple answer. No such thing as your made up term, 'target food'

Exactly, becasue if they were in fact the same species, you would not be creating a 3rd species called wolfdog. Now if that offspring created dogs, you would be right, if it created wolves, you would be right, but its creating a wolfdog. The fact that you can identify the difference between wolf and dog and wolf dog tells you.
How do you cram in so many mistakes into one short ranting paragraph. Read the links I supplied and it shows you are just a frightened childish fantasist that will deny anything to maintain his 'happy ever after' world.

Edit: Almost missed it. You never explained this from you on this very point:

Clearly dogs and wolves have evolved from one or the other, If you want to believe in evolution anyhow, so why is it they can mate? Meanwhile we have times where the same species can't mate. Obvious tampering.

edit on 4-7-2012 by colin42 because: tooth hid from a question again

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by colin42

www.csicop.org...

This figure has been widely publicized and is often assumed to mean that millions of people have been visited by members of an alien species and, in some cases, physically taken from their beds, cars, or homes to an alien craft or planet.
It's all over the internet, and I was sure it was even on wiki as well, they even narrowed down the fact that more than half of those reported are to be from the alien grays.

There are a few ways to look at this. You could consider that some people lie, so there may not be millions, or you could go the other route and realize that not everyone reports their occurances so its probably an accurate figure.

You have no proof that your figure of millions is even true.

All your opinion is bunk and based on nothing at all. So show evidence to support your claim. Show the where it is confirmed that millions go missing. Is this every decade, year, month? Your post was as usual uneducated trash. No need to reply further.
Nope, I got it by reading.

What are you going to say now that millions of people just so happen to be having the same nighmare ??? Or let me guess, no comment.

I had to repost this complete.

Check the quote relating to the "widly publicised figure that is often ASSUMED"...do you see it....that word....assumed! The word you often quote if you think it can belittle a statement made by others.

You constantly dismiss anything you dont believe in if you think you can.

Along with colins dismisal statements when yopu make a prat of yourself, I will ads.

"unfounded assumption, not an admissable argument."

Assumptions are fine if you can demonstrate that that assumption is based on supporting evidence.

So my reply to your insistence that millions have been abducted is..........

Unfounded asumption, not an admissable argument !

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Can you prove it "right" ? that's the flip side.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

colin42...i've read the last few pages, and it's hysterical, but sad....maybe if they taught a chemistry class along with a bible class, you wouldn't have to answer this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by troyroser
Can you prove it "right" ? that's the flip side.

Actually, they have...and they're actively applying it in modern medicine to predict future outcomes. If it were wrong, they couldn't do that

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

No they haven't identified the gene. What they DID find out was that some people with ADHD are either missing a chromosome, or they have one too much. And again, it's not all of them that show those symptoms
It doesn't matter, all that matters is that they are sure its in our genetics. If they have a problem identifying it, it just means its possible that evolution will be claiming it as evolution changes.

Again, they aren't sure at all...they could only be sure if ALL ADHD patients showed those traits...which ISN'T the case.

Funny how you continue to use arguments that you don't really seem to understand in the first place...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Evolution isn't a person or something causing the change. For the gazillionth time, EVOLUTION IS CHANGE!!

And of course we have identified it, for crying out loud, they are USING THE THEORY IN THE LAB EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK!!

God (no pun intended) you're clueless...
I know that, its just my way of being sarcastic. IMO, in order for evolution to be able to be responsible for all of the things that its capeable of, it must be a species, or bug, but defintaly not just a process. If for some reason it is just a process, and it is real then there must have been intelligence behind the creation of that process.

And that's your BELIEF, one that goes directly against objective evidence

Evolution ISN'T a bug or species...it's 100% a process. It's a change in allele frequency. But who cares about facts, right? Much easier to attack the theory using arguments that show how incredibly uneducated you are when it comes to evolution...right?

You know tooth, at this point we're not mad at you not knowing...we're just getting pissed off at you blatantly lying and ignoring facts whenever they go against your bat# crazy belief. For example, it's 100% factual that evolution isn't a "bug" or "species"...and people have told you TOOOOOONS of times. Yet you simply ignore it and continue to pretend it is. There's not many better example of ignorance on ATS tbh

edit on 4-7-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
as the thread has breifly moved onto the subject of alien abduction, I thought I would share something with you.

This is a first hand account...I have no evidence other that what I experienced and felt at the time.

About three weeks ago I was staying in a little country house just out side Oxford UK...Near the place where the big white horse is carved into the hill.

During the night I heard something that woke me up, it didnt wake me up completly, my eyes were still shut and I was quite relaxed. What I though I heard were the words "nighty night"

Why I felt so relaxed about it I dont know, but I was quite happy just to lie there in that halfway state between asleep and awake.

This next bit is a little strange, so apologies in advance.

As I lay there, I began to get a very perculiar feeling over my entire body, like I was vibrating at an extremly high frequency, and it was quite pleasurable. The vibrations increased in intensity until what I can onlt describe as an almost orgasmic climax. (there wasnt, no wet dream this, it was only on reflextion in the morning that i made the connection) Thi still did not fully awaken me! - Yeah I know, by rights I should have been out of bed like a shot at the "nighty night" voices

Anywho, after a short respite, the vibrations started again. This one was so powerful that I did wake up...eyes wide open and gasping for breath.

I stayed lying where I was and lookked around the room, without moving my head, just looking aroung with my eyes. It didnt even seem strange to me that the room was lit as bright as day, I could see everything.

Yet still I felt absolutly relaxed, no panic, no fear--(this I found realy odd when I was thinking about it in the morning, I should have been crapping myself, especialy with what happened next)

It is not uncommon for me to sleep with my arms above my head, I often wake up with stiff shoulders because of this habit. This particular night I had fallen aslepp in just such a position and was aware that as my arm were outside of the covers, I was feeling the cold. I attempted to bring them down into the covers, and couldnt, my arms would not respond to any command I could give them that would make them move. I tried to turn my head to look at my arms, and couldnt, in fact, I was unable to move any part of my body. I was totaly paralysed!

The only way I can describe what it felt like, physically (i'll get to how it felt mentally in a sec) is if you ever tried to move or something that was heavier or stronger than it looked. An old flimsy looking cabinet in a junk shop that looks so flimsy but when you try and open the door its been glued shut due to years of paint.

You now it should open, and you doing all the right thing to open it, but there is no movement at all!

I have read many "encounters" similar this, most include statements along the lines of feeling panic, an overwhelming fear or of sensing malevolence or just of not being alone in the room.

I had none of that, at all times, even when trying to move my immobile body, i was feeling calm and relaxed.

Why post this here and now. Well, it would be dead easy for me, having experienced the above to say to tooth " add another one to those alien abductions".

What I experienced was sleep paralysis, a very very common occurrence but the first time it had every happened to me. I think most the majority of people here will either know what it is or be able to find out in a few minutes so I wont go into the details. What I will say is that having experienced it (including the very strange "orgasmic" type thing- or maybe my sperm is now flying across the universe ready to populat some other gold ridden planet with slaves for our masters) I will state that I am 100percent certain that 99.9999 percent of abductee claimants have experinced this exact same phenomena. (I'll give 0,0001 just on the off chance
)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

Yeah, sleep paralysis is an easy explanation...I had it after getting some hardcore antibiotics (I had meningitis). Only happened once.

By the way, I'll head to Oxford next week

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
2 days later and I still spit out drinks laughing when reading tooth's "aliens abduct cows to gain an edge" comment

Thanks tooth for making me laugh

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Reminds me of that old zxspectrum game where the flying saucers would try and abduct llamas and you had to shoot them down.

edit on 4-7-2012 by idmonster because: I might have dreamt that...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Yeah, sleep paralysis is an easy explanation...I had it after getting some hardcore antibiotics (I had meningitis). Only happened once.

By the way, I'll head to Oxford next week
Do not stay at the Nanford Hotel unless you have a really strange sense of humour and adventure.

I was going to a meeting and this was the only place free. (Something to do with the universities) The head of our union was also staying there and the regional organiser. I was lucky because I had packed some overalls and slept the night in those. Read the comments. They are all true. Funniest thing I have read in ages, more so as I was about to stay there. All true.

Edit: By the way. The bugs in the bed were definitely NOT evolution bugs and the Misses hosed me down in the back garden and burnt the clothes I had worn. There are loads of comments but the best went like this.

He opened the door and we could smell urine. We were led down a dark dirty corridor that smelt of urine laying on the floor was a drunk covered by a blanket soaked in urine.

edit on 4-7-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I live in London, so won't have to stay over night

edit on 4-7-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I travel around...a lot, but im in london this week, in the radisson blu just off euston road...nice hotel!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Dont drink all the beer as I am staying in the vicintity next week.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Evolution is real, just not human evolution on Earth. It takes hundred of billions of years to evolve into humanoids not millions. Micro evolution is real macro evolution such as Darwinism is false.

Simple fact, not a single missing link has been ever discover proving man came from apes.

And if humans did evolved on Earth, why are the other creatures so far behind humans? What are the other creatures basically evolved in the same time scale and humans are skewed billions of years more evolved.

Only one explanation: Either our early ancestors migrated to Earth from another place or the the Stichen theory that humans were cloned from a cross between alien and homoerectus. There is not other pausible theory besides these two.

Everything else just doesn't make sense. If humans evolved on Earth then there should be other creatures came arouned the same time as humans should also be as intelligent as us, but there are none.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst1
Evolution is real, just not human evolution on Earth. It takes hundred of billions of years to evolve into humanoids not millions. Micro evolution is real macro evolution such as Darwinism is false.

Simple fact, not a single missing link has been ever discover proving man came from apes.

And if humans did evolved on Earth, why are the other creatures so far behind humans? What are the other creatures basically evolved in the same time scale and humans are skewed billions of years more evolved.

Only one explanation: Either our early ancestors migrated to Earth from another place or the the Stichen theory that humans were cloned from a cross between alien and homoerectus. There is not other pausible theory besides these two.

Everything else just doesn't make sense. If humans evolved on Earth then there should be other creatures came arouned the same time as humans should also be as intelligent as us, but there are none.

I'm watching Hulk...does anyone else want to explain why all of this is wrong?

ETA....actually, no need, just give yourself a couple of hours and read all the pages from about 250

edit on 4-7-2012 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2012 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Nah. QI XL is on.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

To my fellow evolutians: FU guys for passing work down to me like that!!

Anyway...

Wrong! Mostly because we have witnessed evolution both in the lab and in nature, and humans are STILL evolving just like everything else alive today. And that includes "macro evolution"! And clearly it doesn't take hundreds of billions of years...mostly because the known universe isn't as old

First of all, you might wanna look up the definition of "fact"

Secondly, the missing link argument is complete and utter nonsense. We have thousands of transitional fossils, and not just for animals, but also human ancestors. 99% of the species that ever lived on earth are now extinct...just to give you an overview of how many fossils we found

There is no such thing as "more evolved". Our brains are more evolved, so we can survive in various environments...but we aren't suited best for all environments. Go to the Sahara and start walking without water...you won't last long. Have a camel walk next to you, it will keep on going loooooong past the time you fall down and die due to a lack of water.

Last I checked dolphins are "more evolved" than us underwater. What about birds? They can jump off cliffs and survive...you simply can't. You can make up for some shortcomings thanks to science (!!) and technology...but your physical body alone didn't evolve enough to overcome those shortcomings.

That's complete nonsense. Our DNA wouldn't be the way it is if we were alien hybrids. Also, you can't cross 2 different species and have fertile offspring (or any offspring at all in most cases). The DNA structure is simply too different...and that's assuming whatever aliens you have in your mind actually have DNA.

And clearly we didn't migrate (unless our ancestors did so too all the way back to single celled life). We know for a FACT how biodiversity came to be (clue: evolution), the only thing we don't know is how that first life formed. But no matter how it formed (god, abiogenesis, flying unicorn fart, whatever...), it wouldn't invalidate evolution.

I suggest you read this because you don't seem to understand the theory

top topics

<< 439  440  441    443  444  445 >>

join