It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 440
<< 437  438  439    441  442  443 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

You couldn't even begin to understand, with your limited thinking skills. You probably think preditors did it all.
I expect you meant predators. Are you talking the one that Arney fought? The alien one?

Cattle mutilations could be abductions from an alien race that is studying cattle here on earth because they know that cattle is indigenous to another planet. So the concearn here is how is it that this species was smart enough to travel to another planet.
Not smart enough to remember putting them here though
and not clever enough to do it right first time

At least thats one idea. The others are obvious, that they are wanted for medical reasons.
Oh I see it is only your opinion again.

Aliens like to stay ahead of the game by disecting any other intelligent life and to make sure they have an upper hand in the event they ever show up at their door.
Wouldnt all that super advanced tech give them an edge?

Do you ever post anything that is not fantasy? What am I saying of course you don’t.

edit on 2-7-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

And again these are all assumed to be from the cause of evolution, there is no proof.

As the linked articles clearly show it's not an assumption

If you had read them, you'd know that...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

So wait...your argument now is that you're disappointed that unlike some (!!!) animals we don't only have to rely on a single food item???

Ahahahaha, this is getting weirder and weirder.

Here, let me try too...

Intervention is impossible because of hyperdimensional friction particles. Those particles clearly prove intervention is wrong.

Oh, you want the definition of "hyperdimensional friction particles"?

They're making it impossible for aliens to exist because well...they are particles that prevent any kind of life outside of earth's atmosphere. In fact, their definition is "particles that make intervention impossible". Where did I get that definition from? Nowhere! I made it up...but please, pretty please with a cherry on top...believe me, it's a valid argument against intervention

Just when I thought you were simply ignorant about facts you post stuff that make it a coin toss whether you're actually ignorant or simply a jokster account pulling our leg
You allready accepted it which is good enough for me.

Accepted what???

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

OFF TOPIC POST BUT EXCITING------POSSIBLE GOD PARTICAL SIGHTING----NEWS AT 11(on wednesday)

Told my boss I'll stay longer so I can squeeze in a bit of "CERN news webcast" in the morning. Just got a blank stare...but I could see him trying to figure out what CERN is. Probably thought it was some real estate panel show (I work in real estate).

And yes, I feel really geeky doing that

edit on 2-7-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

No your missing the point, as I have explained so many times, the precieved changes that are thought to be from evolution, have never been witnessed as evolution being the cause, is the best way I can explain it. They are assuming that because there is changes, its from evolution. Just like my example about ADHD making a genetic change, I'm sure they would see that as evolution as well.

Its more like people are believing that the changes are from evolution, simply because no one has come up with any answers yet.

Like I just did about ADHD. I'm sure its being looked at like a change from ADHD is because of evolution, and its not.
edit on 2-7-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Do you ever post anything that is not fantasy? What am I saying of course you don’t.
Yes but they do it to keep that edge, and we do the same things, just not in the same realm of technology.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

No your missing the point, as I have explained so many times, the precieved changes that are thought to be from evolution, have never been witnessed as evolution being the cause, is the best way I can explain it. They are assuming that because there is changes, its from evolution. Just like my example about ADHD making a genetic change, I'm sure they would see that as evolution as well.

Its more like people are believing that the changes are from evolution, simply because no one has come up with any answers yet.

Like I just did about ADHD. I'm sure its being looked at like a change from ADHD is because of evolution, and its not.
edit on 2-7-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

Tooth, for CRYING OUT LOUD!!! You STILL don't even know what evolution is, which is stunning!

Evolution isn't the cause, it's the PROCESS!!! So yes, we HAVE witnessed it both in the lab and nature, and it doesn't matter how often you claim we haven't...mostly because the FACTS disagree with you.

Please do yourself a favor and read at least the basic Wiki article about evolution, because if you don't, you'll make STUPID posts like the one above that just show how uneducated you really are.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Yes but they do it to keep that edge, and we do the same things, just not in the same realm of technology.
Then they would dissect our tech not us. I dont even see any reports of aliens dissecting anyone. You really need to dip your toes in reallity, you may like it but you'll never know unless you try it.

Still waiting for you to show me the quote from your link where it says 'ADHD changes DNA' Hows that going?

Still have not seen any supporting evidence from you.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Tooth, for CRYING OUT LOUD!!! You STILL don't even know what evolution is, which is stunning!

Evolution isn't the cause, it's the PROCESS!!! So yes, we HAVE witnessed it both in the lab and nature, and it doesn't matter how often you claim we haven't...mostly because the FACTS disagree with you.

Please do yourself a favor and read at least the basic Wiki article about evolution, because if you don't, you'll make STUPID posts like the one above that just show how uneducated you really are.
Ya but like I have stated, in the example of ADHD, you have know way of knowing if some of those changes are evolution or not, therefore, there is no proof and no it has not been witnessed.

You mean ya changes occur and thats called evoltuion.
I mean changes occur and there is no evidence that evolution caused those changes ,or that they are in fact evolution. How do you not know they are from ADHD?

And I have read the wiki, I think your still missing the point. There is no proof that evolution is occuring. Evolution has never been identified. You can't just say changes occur so thats evolution. Which is exactly whats going on. Evolution needs to be identified, which it probably can't be because it may not actually exist.

You see the whole reason I keep bringing up the example of ADHD is becasue the changes that are being witnessed are probably a bunch of other things like ADHD and its being assumed the changes are evolution, when they aren't.

Like I have said all along, assumptions are being made, people are assuming that changes are evolution when its never even been identified.

For the sake of arguement, if you want to pretend for the moment that evolution is real, lets say changes are occuring in a person at one point, scientists should be able to see not only the changes, but whats causing them. Figuring out what causes them could elimanate evolution because it would be identified at that point.
edit on 3-7-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Then they would dissect our tech not us. I dont even see any reports of aliens dissecting anyone. You really need to dip your toes in reallity, you may like it but you'll never know unless you try it.
There are millions of reports from people receiving medical procedures from aliens.

Ranging from embryo related things to implants. There are even stories about hybrid aliens mixed with humans. Do you have any idea how many people turn up missing, and some never come back. Not that getting abducted is a for sure thing, but people have come back to warn us.

As typical though, you heed no warrning to documentation letting you know what has happened to us and possibly what could happen in the future, I guess there would be no reason for you to listen to the warrnings from others about there experiences. Your always a day late and a dollar short.

Still waiting for you to show me the quote from your link where it says 'ADHD changes DNA' Hows that going?

Still have not seen any supporting evidence from you.
When a person is inflicted with ADHD, their DNA will show that changes. The article I gave you clearly shows that they are able to identify those genes.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

If genes show any molecular variation, then evolution can and will occur, whether its through a random displacement of alleles or due to natural selection (aka person A has more sex than person B because locus X has an A at some position rather than C)

When you ask why evolution has cardinality over any other alternative, such an inquiry must be backed up with some sort of insight into any other mechanism other than random molecular change. I mean do you think its possible for some sort of alien in another galaxy billions of light years away to change the molecule willingly through some sort of telepathic means? Or a supreme-being uses an invisible rod to zap a particular interaction between electrons in order to create a certain resistance to ADHD that has no effect on reproductive fitness?

Evolution is the differential reproduction of genes, and genes vary through a random change in molecules. Molecules do not change by supernatural means, its simply the random properties of gravitation and electromagnetism,

ADHD doesn't change anything. The change is already there, again because gene X has nucleotide A rather than C, for example. ADHD is an arbitrary diagnosis that simply describes variation in behavior under certain conditions, and such behavior is found to change with a sequence of nucleotides on a particular locus (gene). This is what is meant when a scientist claims to have "found the gene for" something. Unfortunate use of language, however its useful to get the point across.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm trying to get this straight.

It is very difficult to prove if a food is a target food for any species. Especially since its going on all around us. Species have collapsed and some species have resorted to eating food that doesn't belong to them, and we are just as guilty.

So what you are saying is that you can't tell off hand what is a species' target food and what isn't. You also can't tell off hand which species belong here orginally and which don't. They are all genetically related, there are no obvious differences.

No a target food is going to be better for a species than a substituite.

Now, I feed my pet dog canned dog food made from chickens. There isn't any beef in it, much less deer or moose. Dogs, as you know, are a subspecies of wolves. So the chicken-based dog food is definitely not the dog/wolf's target food, being quite artificial and made of the wrong animal. However, my dog is almost 17 years old, far older than any wild wolf has ever been known to be. Therefore, we know that animals can survive even better on non-target foods than on target foods.

So, if you can't tell off hand what an animal's target food is, you know that animals can and do switch foods ("eat food that doesn't belong to them"), and we know that they can live just as well or even better on non-target foods than on target foods, how is your theory of target food viable?

How do you know that anteaters are from here, and that ants are their intended food? What if anteaters were transported here, and their original food was some sort of large flower from which they gathered necter with their nimble tongues like a hummingbird? When they were moved here their target food obviously wasn't present, but they could use those same nimble tongues to scoop ants. This explains why anteaters also eat fruit, despite an abundance of ants.

Well of course we do but those are either forced by feeding them or domesticating them. I was looking for a NATURAL relationship that wasn't offset by cupboard love.

As for natural relationships. Please expain how the relationship between man and tape worm. There are a great many species of tape worm, some with many hosts, and some that are human specific. Once the eggs or larvae enter a human, they move to the intestines and morph into their adult form. They then live in the intestines, leeching nutrients from the digestive tract and laying eggs which are disbursed in the feces. We don't "feed" the worms as we feed a dog, they prey on us. We certainly don't domesticate the worms. They use us for food, shelter, and to spread their eggs in a very clear predator/prey relationship Is this not a "natural" relationship? If not, then what is?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And I have read the wiki, I think your still missing the point. There is no proof that evolution is occuring. Evolution has never been identified.

Tooth, it's really hard to take you serious if you post garbage like that. People have posted irrefutable proof that evolution is occuring, hell, I even posted links highlighting how exactly it's applied in modern medicine.

In short, you rob yourself of all credibility posting nonsense like that

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

By the way, regarding ADHD, you don't seem to understand the disease. It doesn't even affect the DNA of everyone who has it. Some are missing a chromosome or have one too many, but not ALL of them. In short, they don't know what's causing it (yet). And even if it's a genetic disorder, how on earth does that disprove evolution? There's tons of genetic disorders both in humans and animals.

In short: Your argument is (as seemingly always) complete and utter nonsense.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

All you need now is supporting evidence, links and quotes from those links.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I still can't get over the fact that tooth seriously claimed cows are being abducted by aliens so those aliens can "gain an edge"

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

There are millions of reports from people receiving medical procedures from aliens.
Looks for supporting evidence, links and quotes.
Nope All I see is your opinion.

Ranging from embryo related things to implants. There are even stories about hybrid aliens mixed with humans.
More of nothing but your opinion.

Do you have any idea how many people turn up missing, and some never come back.
For a kick off. If someone turns up missing then they are no longer missing, they turned up. Where is your supporting evidence to show they never just went walk about? .
Oh there is none.

Not that getting abducted is a for sure thing, but people have come back to warn us.
Then again they are not missing. Again you show no supporting argument or evidence. All you have is your opinion which carries no weight here.

As typical though, you heed no warrning to documentation letting you know what has happened to us and possibly what could happen in the future, I guess there would be no reason for you to listen to the warrnings from others about there experiences. Your always a day late and a dollar short.
What Documentation? You have no idea what documentation is. Again you supply no supporting evidence. That is the only typical reaction I see here.

When a person is inflicted with ADHD, their DNA will show that changes. The article I gave you clearly shows that they are able to identify those genes.
And here you show you have no idea about any type of Evidence. Your link was about those who are genetically disposed to suffer from ADHD and not that ADHD changes DNA and that is why you fail to provide that quote. You read what you wanted to see, the very thing the scientific method is in place to prevent.

You ignore the facts even when someone waves them in your face which is truly pathetic.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I still can't get over the fact that tooth seriously claimed cows are being abducted by aliens so those aliens can "gain an edge"
Oh no its quite logical.

The aliens have seen pictures of Vikings and their horned helmets. In tooths version of evolution these aliens could suspect that a cow will give birth to a new super Viking that will set sail in their long boat spaceships to rape and pillage their home planet in search of their target food and revenge for all that probing.

You may say nonsense but with a little magic anything can happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

If genes show any molecular variation, then evolution can and will occur, whether its through a random displacement of alleles or due to natural selection (aka person A has more sex than person B because locus X has an A at some position rather than C)

When you ask why evolution has cardinality over any other alternative, such an inquiry must be backed up with some sort of insight into any other mechanism other than random molecular change. I mean do you think its possible for some sort of alien in another galaxy billions of light years away to change the molecule willingly through some sort of telepathic means? Or a supreme-being uses an invisible rod to zap a particular interaction between electrons in order to create a certain resistance to ADHD that has no effect on reproductive fitness?

Evolution is the differential reproduction of genes, and genes vary through a random change in molecules. Molecules do not change by supernatural means, its simply the random properties of gravitation and electromagnetism,

ADHD doesn't change anything. The change is already there, again because gene X has nucleotide A rather than C, for example. ADHD is an arbitrary diagnosis that simply describes variation in behavior under certain conditions, and such behavior is found to change with a sequence of nucleotides on a particular locus (gene). This is what is meant when a scientist claims to have "found the gene for" something. Unfortunate use of language, however its useful to get the point across.
Well the genes that are responsible for ADHD have allready been located, and they have identified that it is actually passed on through our genes. What I'm saying is that things like ADHD could easily be miss understood as simply being evolution because they are looking for changes without seriously looking at what it is thats changing and possibly why.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermindkar

It is very difficult to prove if a food is a target food for any species. Especially since its going on all around us. Species have collapsed and some species have resorted to eating food that doesn't belong to them, and we are just as guilty.

So what you are saying is that you can't tell off hand what is a species' target food and what isn't. You also can't tell off hand which species belong here orginally and which don't. They are all genetically related, there are no obvious differences.
No you can, if you study it close enough, but it's not always easy. Honey could be a target food for bees, Ants could be a target food for anteaters. Krill could be a target food for whales.

Now, I feed my pet dog canned dog food made from chickens. There isn't any beef in it, much less deer or moose. Dogs, as you know, are a subspecies of wolves. So the chicken-based dog food is definitely not the dog/wolf's target food, being quite artificial and made of the wrong animal. However, my dog is almost 17 years old, far older than any wild wolf has ever been known to be. Therefore, we know that animals can survive even better on non-target foods than on target foods.
Which is all a very good analysis but ony if you honestly believe that dogs migrated from wolves, which I don't. I have in the past used the term that they are relatives but genetics doesn't prove that. It's relation by association is all it is.

We also share 97% of the same DNA with apes and 70% with rats.This is not proof of relation, its called overlap, and there is another theory that explains it. It's possible that a creator started with one example of life, and kept building from that base example. Building on recycled parts. We do the same thing. We invented the wheel, but ended up using it on a lot of different things, by no means does it mean that an airplane and car are the same thing or even related. They are however both vehicles.

So, if you can't tell off hand what an animal's target food is, you know that animals can and do switch foods ("eat food that doesn't belong to them"), and we know that they can live just as well or even better on non-target foods than on target foods, how is your theory of target food viable?
Thats because scavanging might be a clue that there food source is no longer here. Take a look at humans, we are hugh scavengers. We eat everything and anything under the sun, we even spice things up to eat the parts most people don't want to eat. Total scavengers. Scavenging might be a sign that something is very wrong.

How do you know that anteaters are from here, and that ants are their intended food? What if anteaters were transported here, and their original food was some sort of large flower from which they gathered necter with their nimble tongues like a hummingbird? When they were moved here their target food obviously wasn't present, but they could use those same nimble tongues to scoop ants. This explains why anteaters also eat fruit, despite an abundance of ants.
Well there is no question the ant eater is specifically designed to hunt and eat ants. He has special ears to hear ants in the ground, a special snout to sniff them out in tunnels, a special sticky tounge to grab ants from hard to reach areas, and special claws to dig up their ant farms. So there is no question, he is an ant killing machine. Now take this same observation, and apply it to humans and tell me specifically what we are here for , and what we are suppose to eat.

As for natural relationships. Please expain how the relationship between man and tape worm. There are a great many species of tape worm, some with many hosts, and some that are human specific. Once the eggs or larvae enter a human, they move to the intestines and morph into their adult form. They then live in the intestines, leeching nutrients from the digestive tract and laying eggs which are disbursed in the feces. We don't "feed" the worms as we feed a dog, they prey on us. We certainly don't domesticate the worms. They use us for food, shelter, and to spread their eggs in a very clear predator/prey relationship Is this not a "natural" relationship? If not, then what is?
If humans were the only indigenous host to tape worms, I would question if its possible that they were brought here in a host. But the fact is that parasite attacks a lot of things with intestines.

top topics

<< 437  438  439    441  442  443 >>

join