It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

I think what colin means by "balance" being non existent is that there must be a constant never ending force striving for balance,, yin yang, every force has an equal and opposite force,, infinite variables exhibiting their own desiree consciously or not,, the balance you speak of is a by product of full throttle never ending survival of the fittest, and this survival of the fittest, competition, pushing the limits, is what pushes the limits into new areas of being..

as far as humans not being able to eat raw meat,, I believe at one time we might have, but we adapted to the point where our digestive system cannot handle it now,,, Do you think it odd that cooked meat tastes sooo good? or any food tastes good if it is not for us?

edit on 21-2-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

also you keep viewing things as if they are suppose to be perfect and easy...... Life itself is the solution to death,, there is no easy way out, and it is not easy to stay in.... this world of life is wild, dangerous, unpredictable, lawless ( in ways)..... The human born out of this searching for the opposite, forever reaching upwards to a more refined existence, wishing to distance itself from the deception, filth, and grime of nature,,,, the human is creating itself in the opposite image,,, it learned that there are better ways to live, and they are by doing not what the earliest forms of life do... it creates it self with control, and law, and order, and measurement, to become predictable, and secure, insured, safe,... because it understands the value of its life, the potential of its existence..
edit on 21-2-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Depends on the context. I think we can block it at times, but there is no way to aquire it unaturaly other than lighs.
So you are making the adjustments needed by contoling the sunlight and the energy. Where is the natural balance. Are you saying for a balanced eco system you need man?

Wow, and I thought I overalalize. Nope, they have it down to a science and it works. Here are some you can buy right now...
www.eco-sphere.com...
www.youtube.com...
Yep designed for a fool like you. Dont buy inferior products from anyone else. Sounds like a sales pitch to me. The Utube vid shows bubbles (air being pumped in) lights. Control of energy put in. A very different scenario than the one you posed. The so called balance is by artificial controls altered by the aquarist.

Like I predicted you change the criteria

Here is the patent on the idea.
www.google.com...
Did you read the list? Pelleted food, chemical dispenser, Neutralizing chemical dispenser

Explain what part of a balanced eco system this describes.

They are rare however, and I only found a few sites that sell them.
Because they are part of the snake oil industry you love so much. Anyone that has ever kept fish would realise the lie.

I think less sun hitting the water causes a reaction as well, as in shade from the plant.
If the plant is providing shade then it is absorbing the energy from the sun. Energy is being fed into the system. I doubt the penny is dropping that this eco system is far from balanced.

I didn't offer this to explain how the world works, even though it's exaclty how it works, its on a very small scale.
So you are offering this to explain how the world works. I have explained you are wrong. The chemicals and pelleted food also tells you that you are wrong.

Those are not factors because of this type of balance. I do however see your point and again its all just on a grander scale.
Algea will get in no matter how clean the things you put in. Bacteria will enter no matter the hygene used. It maybe low maintainance but it is certainly not a balanced eco system

I don't know about you DR Colin, I'm starting to see a pattern here.
The doctors are wrong, we don't need there help with medical intervention, and you need to break this concearning news to them. Just think you could break the world wide issue of medical cost insurance for all of us.
The pattern here is your willingness to lie. You have been told many times no one is saying no need for medical intervention. I and others have shown you humanity does not need it to avoid extinction which is what your continue to preach.

It is always your fall back point when you have yet again proved to be foolish

You also claim that the Bible, Sitchen, Von Daniken and Pye are all fruadsters, and you need to also let them know they are all on the wrong track and you have proof.
I dont need too. The scientific community has already done that

Now you inform me there is no such thing as a balanced tank. You need to contact these vendors and let them know they are selling false promises.
On the contrary. You go ahead and buy one. Prove the old saying 'A fool and his money are easily parted'.

Oh and I almost forgot about house sparrow, and apes and wolves being our closest friends, and we need to recognize that meaningful relationship.
Nevermind how I just watched a video about how wolves have attacked humans and injured many of us. I guess it must have been our fault.
And still you have no idea what a relationship is. A science master and a teacher of men and you cannot even grasp this.
Failed biosphere experiment

Biosphere 1. Earth's life system is the only biosphere currently known
The clip is to show you how wrong you are when you claim all planets are created with life and a balanced eco system. The experiment shows you no matter how much money they pump in they still have not achieved it. Go buy your tank and watch it die.

edit on 21-2-2012 by colin42 because: Link added

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Thanks for the assist although I think it will fall on deaf ears.

We do still eat raw meat. Sushi, steak diane to name a few.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Yes true, but not in the manner of lions and hyenas who take down animals and bon appetit..... There is certainly something distancing animals and their different natures, all though nearly any animal can be cooed into domestication with the human....... Is it something known in the theory of evolution that food source, quality, quantity, variety play a large part in the evolving of animals? or is it just as much as anything else, climate etc.?

like an animal who only has this one food source for thousands of years then stumbles upon 5 other sources all with variety of nutrients, do you think that has a major effect on the evolutionary growth of the physical system of the animal?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by Varemia

So, you won't even pay attention to it. You don't have to agree with it for Christ's sake! You just have to read the damn thing and understand evolution! There are more links on the side of the one I provided that help explain the way scientists currently understand evolution. Read them or I'll say very nasty things to you in the future
Of course its going to say what you want it to, its written by evolutionists.

Evolutionist is something you made up to label material as something you don't have the brains to read. I bet you can't even understand it, and that's why you're avoiding reading it. Prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

So you are making the adjustments needed by contoling the sunlight and the energy. Where is the natural balance. Are you saying for a balanced eco system you need man?
The patent page and wiki have the best description.

Yep designed for a fool like you. Dont buy inferior products from anyone else. Sounds like a sales pitch to me. The Utube vid shows bubbles (air being pumped in) lights. Control of energy put in. A very different scenario than the one you posed. The so called balance is by artificial controls altered by the aquarist.
no bubbles its supposed to be sealed.

Did you read the list? Pelleted food, chemical dispenser, Neutralizing chemical dispenser

Explain what part of a balanced eco system this describes.
I don't think your looking at the right thing.

So you are offering this to explain how the world works. I have explained you are wrong. The chemicals and pelleted food also tells you that you are wrong.
I dont think so at all, where do you think they got the idea from?

Algea will get in no matter how clean the things you put in. Bacteria will enter no matter the hygene used. It maybe low maintainance but it is certainly not a balanced eco system
It could be a non alge producing system. Because of the type of fish and the type of plant.

The clip is to show you how wrong you are when you claim all planets are created with life and a balanced eco system. The experiment shows you no matter how much money they pump in they still have not achieved it. Go buy your tank and watch it die.
Thats because the bigger it gets, the more complicated it gets, notice how the fish and plant in a sealed tank works fine.

They were in way over there heads on that one.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

So then the question becomes why did we venture into eating other meat? Is it perhaps because the other meat that doesn't need processing is not so readily availble? Most likely.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

So then the question becomes why did we venture into eating other meat? Is it perhaps because the other meat that doesn't need processing is not so readily availble? Most likely.

What the F are talking about? My co-worker gave me a quarter of his mule dear from last years hunt, in turn I gave it to my cousin cause my freezer is full. I can assure you meat is running around all over place, not every one is dependent on supermarkets.
As for your other question why do I venture into eating other meat? Mostly because it's cheap and readily available, otherwise I kill it myself.
edit on 21-2-2012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The patent page and wiki have the best description.
The patent lists Pelleted food, chemical dispenser, Neutralizing chemical dispenser.
The utube shows lights, bubbles, heater removable top

The sales pitch says sealed unit. Something is fishy You want to believe this rubbish like you believe so much other nonsense go ahead. Like I have said before you compulsion to remain ignorant is no concern of mine. Your lies on this thread are.

no bubbles its supposed to be sealed.
The very fact you write 'supposed' tells me you see the same things I did but have chosen to ignore them

I don't think your looking at the right thing.
Its the information you supplied

I dont think so at all, where do you think they got the idea from?
A marketing man

It could be a non alge producing system. Because of the type of fish and the type of plant.
You have never kept fish. There is no such thing as a non algea producing system

Thats because the bigger it gets, the more complicated it gets, notice how the fish and plant in a sealed tank works fine.
No the bigger the system gets the more stability it contains

They were in way over there heads on that one.
And that is your reply to the millions poured into this project over many years and its failure both times to produce a sealed biosphere and a balanced eco system? Your tragic

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
Tooth, I'm not going to go line for line with you. You are diverting my main point away, which is that a large portion of mammals on earth need virtually the same nutrients that we do to survive.

Yes, because we evolved to need those nutrients proportionally to those in the Earth's crust and water.

Imagine that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

reply to post by colin42

The vast majority of the world doesn't depend on supermarkets. They get their food by hunting.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by colin42

Yes true, but not in the manner of lions and hyenas who take down animals and bon appetit..... There is certainly something distancing animals and their different natures, all though nearly any animal can be cooed into domestication with the human....... Is it something known in the theory of evolution that food source, quality, quantity, variety play a large part in the evolving of animals? or is it just as much as anything else, climate etc.?

like an animal who only has this one food source for thousands of years then stumbles upon 5 other sources all with variety of nutrients, do you think that has a major effect on the evolutionary growth of the physical system of the animal?

Hi

In my opinion the part food plays in evolution can be the major factor or a minor factor. It depends on the environment and pressures.

Take your example. Lets use the anteater. It discovers a plant that has a long trumpet like flower and is rich in nectar and scented. The ant eater has poor eyesight in comparison with his sense of smell.

He pokes his snout into the plant and laps up the nectar. His hairy snout traps pollen. On his rounds of ant nests he finds another flower and does the same this time pollenating the next flower.

For sure this new food source will enable the anteater numbers to rise and increase the pollination of the flower which will also increase in numbers. Over time the most scented flowers will attract the anteater whereas the more colourful but less scented may not. So scented and nectar rich flowers will be selected for by the anteater.

Would the anteater stop eating ants in preference for the flower? Some may and some may not. It may affect the evolution this group with access to the flower or have little impact but in this case the flower would probably evolve to attract anteaters.

The above is my opinion but it is the way I see evolution working. You cannot look at one factor and point at the culprit. All environmental pressures play a part.

Imagine this area was an island that breaks in two and become isolated from each other. The flowers and a few anteaters on one part and anteaters and no flowers on the other then the story could be a lot different.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

So you even get your post wrong. This is the link you should have supplied

[Ecosphere

Below is a comment made by an ex owner

Ecosphere's are quite cruel! The shrimps inside suffer from ammonia and nitrite poisoning, the little bit of algae isn't enough for the shrimps to survive well, and because of this every time they molt the shrimps consumes itself, growing smaller each time! The only reason they can live for 1 - 3 years in the torture chamber is because these Hawaiian Red Shrimps are extremely hardy. Most shrimps wouldn't survive more than a few days!

So it is algea and a shrimp. So much for algea free. Notice the comments the shrimps suffer from ammonia and nitrate poisoning this shows you there is no balance.

BTW also no fish and no plant.

edit on 22-2-2012 by colin42 because: Link added

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

What the F are talking about? My co-worker gave me a quarter of his mule dear from last years hunt, in turn I gave it to my cousin cause my freezer is full. I can assure you meat is running around all over place, not every one is dependent on supermarkets.
As for your other question why do I venture into eating other meat? Mostly because it's cheap and readily available, otherwise I kill it myself.
Oh and you think that amount of meat you got will feed you and your family for a year, even if you could store it? No it wont. I used to get deer, moose, and various processes made from meats from them as well. That meat didn't last that long.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

The patent lists Pelleted food, chemical dispenser, Neutralizing chemical dispenser.
The utube shows lights, bubbles, heater removable top

The sales pitch says sealed unit. Something is fishy You want to believe this rubbish like you believe so much other nonsense go ahead. Like I have said before you compulsion to remain ignorant is no concern of mine. Your lies on this thread are.
Those are probably what was used to put it together.

The very fact you write 'supposed' tells me you see the same things I did but have chosen to ignore them
Doesn't mean those weren't used to put them together.

Its the information you supplied
I saw some advertisements too.

You have never kept fish. There is no such thing as a non algea producing system
I had a 29 gallon tank for years before I sold it. and I had many different types of fish.

No the bigger the system gets the more stability it contains
No the bigger the system, the slower the effects.

And that is your reply to the millions poured into this project over many years and its failure both times to produce a sealed biosphere and a balanced eco system? Your tragic
Yep, because for every one element or species, there are about 50 other things that react with it. Some in a positive way and some in a negative way. They had way to many things to start in the biosphere. You have to account for all things that react to all the life, in all 50 ways (I'm making the number up just as an example).

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

The vast majority of the world doesn't depend on supermarkets. They get their food by hunting.
Ok, now when you go hunting DR Colin... do you process the meat yourself, or have a shop do it? And do you eat all the meat in one sitting or do you store some of it? Do you have to package some of it?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Ok, now when you go hunting DR Colin... do you process the meat yourself, or have a shop do it? And do you eat all the meat in one sitting or do you store some of it? Do you have to package some of it?

What do you think humans did just 5000 years ago, huh? We didn't have all this machinery and processing back then, yet humans were surviving and thriving anyway. What's your thinking?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Those are probably what was used to put it together.

Doesn't mean those weren't used to put them together.

I saw some advertisements too.
For a guy meant to be discussing his own post you seem to know very little of what it is about. I know you dont read anything linked to you. Your last few relpies indicate you dont even read the links you supply.

I had a 29 gallon tank for years before I sold it. and I had many different types of fish.
So you do not even learn from experience then. Tragic.

No the bigger the system, the slower the effects.
Explain

Yep, because for every one element or species, there are about 50 other things that react with it.
Please post where you pulled that gem from as until you do I will take it you pulled it from somwhere dark that lives in the back of your trousers.

Some in a positive way and some in a negative way. They had way to many things to start in the biosphere. You have to account for all things that react to all the life, in all 50 ways (I'm making the number up just as an example).
More unsupported, uneducated trash. You really are a clown

edit on 22-2-2012 by colin42 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The post you are replying to is from HappyBunny. Again you appear a little more confused than usual.

I both fish and hunt. I gut and butcher the meat if that is what you are asking. (ants do all this as well)

I have a freezer that was invented probably because we lacked cold storage that grows wild on our home planet. (ants store food as well)

Of course I package the food I store. (Ants do as well)

Unfortunately I do not keep animals for slaughter or produce as I dont have that room. (Ants do though)

Edit the wife grows food which she stores. (Suprisingly ants do too)
edit on 22-2-2012 by colin42 because: wife grows food

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I don't do the processing although I've seen it done more times than I can count. My husband did. And I freeze it. The ancients did the same thing--they could salt it (salt is a wonderful preservative) and put it in holes in the ground, or store it in caves--caves have a natural thermostat that's perfect for storing perishable goods.
edit on 2/22/2012 by HappyBunny because: Spelling

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join