It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 252
<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by HappyBunny

The vast majority of the world doesn't depend on supermarkets. They get their food by hunting.
Ok, now when you go hunting DR Colin... do you process the meat yourself, or have a shop do it? And do you eat all the meat in one sitting or do you store some of it? Do you have to package some of it?
The post you are replying to is from HappyBunny. Again you appear a little more confused than usual.

That's all right, I got it.

I both fish and hunt. I gut and butcher the meat if that is what you are asking. (ants do all this as well)

I have a freezer that was invented probably because we lacked cold storage that grows wild on our home planet. (ants store food as well)

Of course I package the food I store. (Ants do as well)

Unfortunately I do not keep animals for slaughter or produce as I dont have that room. (Ants do though)

And on the other side of the coin, I keep a garden and I grow all of my own produce. Can't do citrus this far north, but we can grow everything we need. And it doesn't take much room, either. You can freeze most fruits and vegetables (except lettuce, that doesn't freeze very well) or can them. The problem here is the length of the growing season.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

There are isolated examples of such where you can buy a sealed fish tank that has one fish and one plant combined in water. All you have to do is supply the sunlight for the plant to grow. In a balanced system the fish eats the plant, and his waste feeds the plant, along with the sunlight. Quite blowing smoke man

LMAO.. Ye but this is not NATURAL...this is a man made situation..Stil LOLing. Man has made this unatural situation, it does not occur in nature.....PMSL....You need to show where this (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) occurs in a natural setting...It doesnt...ergo you are wrong.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

The vast majority of the world doesn't depend on supermarkets. They get their food by hunting.
Ok, now when you go hunting DR Colin... do you process the meat yourself, or have a shop do it? And do you eat all the meat in one sitting or do you store some of it? Do you have to package some of it?

What do you think humans did just 5000 years ago, huh? We didn't have all this machinery and processing back then, yet humans were surviving and thriving anyway. What's your thinking?

Just to add to this, our storage practices in the US are almost unheard of in the rest of the world. It seems that we're the only ones that have freezers big enough that you can store weeks or months worth of food. Everyone else goes to market several times per week and buys their stuff fresh.

And not even 5000 years ago. The first artificial refrigerator was invented in 1748 but the basis for the process we use now wasn't invented until 1876 or something. My grandmother had an ice box. She didn't have a real refrigerator until everybody chipped in and bought her one in the 1980's.
edit on 2/22/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

My absolute must is shallots for pickling. I love a pickled onion. A couple of years ago we added chillies to the pickling process. We now save pounds on heating during the winter but only speak to friends from a distance.

I also have a pond. I have grown water cress in this that supplies all my needs and that of friends and family. As a plus ever since we no longer get problems from that hair like algae. Watercress is even healthier than spinnach so I am told. Tastes better anyhow.

The wife grows garlic in any space not just because we cook with it. Wherever it grows pests and destructive animals avoid. Most gardens can supply a lot of food and still remain ornamental with a little thought.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

What do you think humans did just 5000 years ago, huh? We didn't have all this machinery and processing back then, yet humans were surviving and thriving anyway. What's your thinking?
I'm thinking it was just more difficult, hand over fist.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

For a guy meant to be discussing his own post you seem to know very little of what it is about. I know you dont read anything linked to you. Your last few relpies indicate you dont even read the links you supply.
I did look a them and most that I weeded out were not related to what they said.

So you do not even learn from experience then. Tragic
What did I not learn?

No the bigger the system, the slower the effects.

Explain
It takes longer for a bigger tank to fall out of balance.

Yep, because for every one element or species, there are about 50 other things that react with it.

Please post where you pulled that gem from as until you do I will take it you pulled it from somewhere dark that lives in the back of your trousers.
Well as I stated but you conveniently omitted, I'm guestimating.

Some in a positive way and some in a negative way. They had way to many things to start in the biosphere. You have to account for all things that react to all the life, in all 50 ways (I'm making the number up just as an example).

More unsupported, uneducated trash. You really are a clown
So we are back to the same old topic where you don't believe that anything on this earth affects anything else.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

reply to post by andersensrm

But they are adapting right?
Sure but adaptation is the bi-product of evolution failing.

Okay, well when I think of evolution, I think adaptation. That's how we evolve, adapting is part of the process. Not only do we adapt to our environment, we adapt sexually as well, which would explain different colors and spots and such on animals. When you say adaptation is not part of evolution, and everyone else says it is, we aren't having shared meaning when we are communicating. That is why we will never agree, agree?

One thing to clear up, that I haven't thought about, maybe someone here can help me answer.

How did birds or any flying animal for that matter develop wings? Wouldn't there have to be a long period of time where the wing is not quite a wing, and not quite a hand or arm? This would mean that it would essentially be useless, since you can't fly or use it like a hand. Can someone explain this to me?

All flightless birds still have wings.. The ostrich uses its wings like an air brake to assist sharp turns when running.

The ostrich may have evolved from a flying animal, or maybe evolving towards a flying animal.

Feather offer very good insulating properties, enabling an animal to maintain a more steady body temperature.

An tree dwelling animal with feathered wings could use these to escape predators by jumping from a certain height and slowing its fall to an acceptable, survivable speed.

The same animal jumping from slightly above the survivable height, might also be able to assist the braking effect, slowing the fall rate from death, to not death by a firm downward flap just before landing.

Multiple flaps while falling could allow the animal to prolong the fall allowing it to land further from the predator and therefore at a safer distance.

Powered flight is now looking to be a few pounds of weight away.

The above is just on possible evolutionary route for powered flight, I have no sources or links, its just what occured to me when I read you post.

Archeyopterix, strictly speaking had feathere arms with clawed "hands"
edit on 22-2-2012 by idmonster because: Archeyopterix

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

The post you are replying to is from HappyBunny. Again you appear a little more confused than usual.
No I knew it was, but I was in the main section of the reply and didn't agree with the comments, is why I was commenting.

I both fish and hunt. I gut and butcher the meat if that is what you are asking. (ants do all this as well)
No wonder you are so against most of my comments, which are based on socialization efforts. It's hard for you to understand when it sounds like you don't practice most of the things our society does.

I have a freezer that was invented probably because we lacked cold storage that grows wild on our home planet. (ants store food as well)
Sure but they don't freeze it.

Of course I package the food I store. (Ants do as well)
I'm not aware of ants packaging food.

Unfortunately I do not keep animals for slaughter or produce as I dont have that room. (Ants do though)

Edit the wife grows food which she stores. (Surprisingly ants do too)
That's nothing special, there are a lot of species that store food.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

I did look a them and most that I weeded out were not related to what they said.
No idea what you are saying

What did I not learn?
Precisely

It takes longer for a bigger tank to fall out of balance.
You have not shown one that is in balance yet. It also tells me that your balanced eco system is about as correct as a broken watch. Only correct twice a day.

Well as I stated but you conveniently omitted, I'm guestimating.
You call it guestimating. I call it making unfounded statments based on nothing.

So we are back to the same old topic where you don't believe that anything on this earth affects anything else.
Back to the same old topic where you tell me what I am saying.

I have never once wrote 'nothing on this earth affects anything else'. I have continually stated all life affects all other life and this is precisely why an ecosystem can never be in balance. Your problem is you read what you want to see and do not read and understand what is written.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I also hunt and eat what I hunt, Rabbits, fish, squirrels, pidgeon. Mainly small game.

I personaly believe that if you are going to eat meat, you should be willing to take responsibilty (where possible) for the life you take for your own sustenace.

Under different cicumstances, I have also butchered and eaten chickens and goats.

I have also eaten raw meat on may occasions, with no ill effects

Hungry now, going for some dinner.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

Going with your flow. We put our arms out to steady us. Reach out when we fall. Its not hard to see that with fathers/flaps of skin or as with the snake a flattened body powered flight is an obvious evolutionary step.

Just by gliding from tree top to tree top means the animal will reduce his chances of predation thus increase his chances to breed and pass on his genes. Evolution 101

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

My absolute must is shallots for pickling. I love a pickled onion. A couple of years ago we added chillies to the pickling process. We now save pounds on heating during the winter but only speak to friends from a distance.

Chilies will do it--antimicrobial and that'll give it some zip! Remind me not to come for dinner, though!

I think I need to brush up on my canning skills. I haven't done it in a long time and I'd probably give someone botulism.

I also have a pond. I have grown water cress in this that supplies all my needs and that of friends and family. As a plus ever since we no longer get problems from that hair like algae. Watercress is even healthier than spinnach so I am told. Tastes better anyhow.

I was going to build a pond at my old house but I don't have enough room to do it now. Watercress is actually an herb but it is jam packed with macronutrients. (Some people call it a weed.) And it is one of the oldest known leafy vegetables ever consumed by humans. I've always had a hard time with the taste, though. It's a little too peppery for my tastebuds. I'll stick with spinach!

The wife grows garlic in any space not just because we cook with it. Wherever it grows pests and destructive animals avoid. Most gardens can supply a lot of food and still remain ornamental with a little thought.
:

Yep, companion planting--chives will do the same thing as garlic. Planting marigolds among tomatoes to kill nematodes.Or cayenne pepper (just sprinkle it), or even human hair--deer hate the smell and won't come near your garden.
edit on 2/22/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/22/2012 by HappyBunny because: Because I can't spell today

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by idmonster

When I was in college I worked in a restaurant and there was a couple who used to come in and order raw hamburger. We called them "cannibal burgers". They were so angry when we weren't allowed to serve it that way anymore due to the E coli outbreaks and all meat had to be cooked to 165.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

No I knew it was, but I was in the main section of the reply and didn't agree with the comments, is why I was commenting.
Are you really so imature you cannot accept you made a mistake as you clearly did. Dishonest to a fault.

No wonder you are so against most of my comments, which are based on socialization efforts. It's hard for you to understand when it sounds like you don't practice most of the things our society does.
What tangent are you going off on now? What part of taking responsiblity for at least supplementing my food with home grown and making a decission that if I am to eat meat I should also be able (not enjoy) but able to kill it.
Your total disconnect with the world you live in is what disgusts me. Too cowardly to take responsibility but prepared to let others do the dirty work.

Despite all of that the problem I have with what you preach is it is all lies and based on nothing but ignorance.

We dont store it in an ants nest either. Whats your point?

Go back and read the information I supplied you on ants and you will see how uneducated your response is. Again shows you read nothing that was supplied.

You really cannot read can you. Name me a few animals that farm and store food. Which is what I wrote and is a question you continually refuse to answer. No doubt you will not answer this one either.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

Interesting thanks, makes sense, I'm sure there are other ways, but that seems like a viable one. I was thinking along the lines of jumping out and gliding, but I couldn't connect the dots as well as you did.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

When I was in college I worked in a restaurant and there was a couple who used to come in and order raw hamburger. We called them "cannibal burgers". They were so angry when we weren't allowed to serve it that way anymore due to the E coli outbreaks and all meat had to be cooked to 165.

I would have to think that the amount of time we have been processing our meat would effect us in some way. I mean we don't use our appendix any more right, isn't that used to get rid of rocks and sand and such? We may also have decreased the function of our immune system due to eating better, and better medicine.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Originally posted by HappyBunny

I would have to think that the amount of time we have been processing our meat would effect us in some way. I mean we don't use our appendix any more right, isn't that used to get rid of rocks and sand and such?

Yes, gizzard stones.

We may also have decreased the function of our immune system due to eating better, and better medicine.

Define "eating better." If anything, our diets are probably the worst now they've ever been in our whole history. We intake sufficient calories without sufficient nutrients. Most obese people are malnourished just as starving people are.

Whether our immune systems have decreased from what they were is probably a given. I haven't done any research on that so I really can't answer it. But it's not just our food that's doing it. It's pollution, it's stress, it's lack of exercise...there are a whole lot of factors that go into it. And microbes mutate faster than we can adapt to them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You have not shown one that is in balance yet. It also tells me that your balanced eco system is about as correct as a broken watch. Only correct twice a day.
I just realized why your on this thread. Your thrilled to try to prove the unprovable. These tanks are sold with the explicit understanding that they are a balanced eco system and require nothing more than sunlight. Just like your bent on proving that we don't need medical intervention to live, which we do, just not all the time. But the world according to DR Colin says that means we don't need medical intervention because a few deaths is acceptable as long as it doesn't take our race out.

You call it guestimating. I call it making unfounded statments based on nothing.
Ya I never claimed it to be based on anything so good eye.

I have never once wrote 'nothing on this earth affects anything else'. I have continually stated all life affects all other life and this is precisely why an ecosystem can never be in balance. Your problem is you read what you want to see and do not read and understand what is written.
So you admit that, just not that anything is in a balance. How can you be so boldly blind to the obvious. I don't believe your a hunter, hunters are usually pretty smart, I know a few myself.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Are you really so imature you cannot accept you made a mistake as you clearly did. Dishonest to a fault.
I was about to ask you the same question. I butted in on that reply, and I made that clear.

What tangent are you going off on now? What part of taking responsiblity for at least supplementing my food with home grown and making a decission that if I am to eat meat I should also be able (not enjoy) but able to kill it.
Your total disconnect with the world you live in is what disgusts me. Too cowardly to take responsibility but prepared to let others do the dirty work.
Well if your killing your own mean, it sounds like your doing the dirty work.

Despite all of that the problem I have with what you preach is it is all lies and based on nothing but ignorance.
Tis tis, and tout tout, what are you crying about now. You have never proving anything that I have commented about to be a lie.

We dont store it in an ants nest either. Whats your point?
My point is that there is a difference between freezing and storing, if you missed it.

Go back and read the information I supplied you on ants and you will see how uneducated your response is. Again shows you read nothing that was supplied.
It's not a significant element, a lot of things store food.

You really cannot read can you. Name me a few animals that farm and store food. Which is what I wrote and is a question you continually refuse to answer. No doubt you will not answer this one either.

Squirrels.
Moles.
Dogs.
Beavers.
Otters.
Raccoons.
Hamsters.
Mice.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by colin42

I just realized why your on this thread. Your thrilled to try to prove the unprovable. These tanks are sold with the explicit understanding that they are a balanced eco system and require nothing more than sunlight. Just like your bent on proving that we don't need medical intervention to live, which we do, just not all the time. But the world according to DR Colin says that means we don't need medical intervention because a few deaths is acceptable as long as it doesn't take our race out.

Ya I never claimed it to be based on anything so good eye.

So you admit that, just not that anything is in a balance. How can you be so boldly blind to the obvious. I don't believe your a hunter, hunters are usually pretty smart, I know a few myself.

By the way Toothy, I found only one reference to any 100% sealed aquarium. They use shrimp, not fish.

<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join