It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong?*

page: 248
<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by MrXYZ

And not a single time have any of those claims been backed up by objective evidence. You are confusing pseudo-science with real science
Actually it was just recently backed up with DR persingers work, finding out that we do actually have telepathy. I just posted the link a bit ago.

He never claimed that telepathy is true, he said the human brain of the 2nd test subject reacted IF a magnetic field is present. No explanation as to WHY that is happening has been given, and it hasn't been linked to any part of the body or "unused genes" or anything like that.

The article and his video basically state that the brain of one subject reacted to a flashing light, and if a magnetic field was present, the second contestant not located at the same spot also showed a brain reaction. In no way does that prove telepathy as those blogs and pseudo-scientific articles posted in the thread you linked claim.

And that's exactly why pseudo-science fails hard every single time. They take some real scientific finding, and then draw conclusions that aren't backed up by the original statement.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

My dog gets most upset if I dont do her a full sunday lunch, Meat, veg the works, and I noticed that when we did try to wean her away from her weekly treat, she got a skin rash. Checked with the vet and was told that by providing her with her weekly veg, was giving her a much more healthy diet that if we just fed her tinned food or meat.
I'm tossed on weather or not to believe that some species are just scavangers and that is there job. I don't have enough time into this to make that assertion. From a guess however it looks like there are not suppose to be that type. So as you can see it adds a lot of confusion to figureing out what is going on. I think its a sign of things being out of order, and not in a balanced eco system. The problem is just for arguemnts sake, you could simply add humans to earth and not touch anything else and that alone could cause a domino effect, that could actually affect dozens if not hundreds of other species here.

I'm confident that things are suppose to be in a balance and when that balance is broken, you start to see weird things happen. It's hard to try to diagnose as in our situation but its not hard to see that we aren't from here.

If other things like animals and other plants and herbs were brought here just like as indicated in the bible, then you can see how this might cause a collaps of most of the species here on earth. Now when I realize that 99.9% of all species on earth have gone extinct, I can see how its possible. We weren't the only thing brought to this planet, and its very possible this is whats collapsing the balance.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well at least I'm an idiot that is still waiting to be proven wrong. Must not be to much of an idot.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

There is a story, (possibly apocryphal) of early settlers in america starving to death even though, they filled their stomachs with an abundance of the local wild life...rabbits.

Rabbit starvation is a well documented phenomenum ( www.hikingtripreports.com... ) And most survivalists (I'm sure there are some that partake of the survivalist forums and the origins forums that can back me up on this) recommend eating the stomach contents of the rabbit as well as the meat to put of the possibilty for as long as possible.

While I am aware (peripheraly, I still blame Ray Mears
) of the story of the heroes of telemark, I had not come across this quote before, but it certainly fits in with what I understand of the dangers of eating just lean meat.

Again, without invoking "he that should not be named lest he appear" the whole "balanced diet/target food debate is null and void.

Those that would have attempted to disscus alternate reasons for diversity have left this thread, recognising it for the farce it has become, no offence, I know that your intentions were honourable/ I also recognise that there is extreme ignorance here that needs to be "denied" as is the motto of this site, and "trampled" as per my own personal beliefs.

I will not have discourse with that pathetic waste of skin, but will continue to contribute where appropriate. This thread has done more to re-affirm my understanding of how things work and I thank all those that have contributed. I have learnt a lot due to the patience of those trying to explaing these concepts to what ammounts to little more than an imbecille. Let it be known that your contributions are only wasted on one, nmost of us do read the links, do watch the videos, and do learn new things.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Again an assumption based on a lack of knowledge.

There is no such thing as a balanced eco system. If prey numbers fall due to enviroment or excessive predation the predator numbers fall until the numbers of either become sustainable.

There are always adjustments to maintain sustainable numbers because the enviroment is continually changeing and so a balanced eco system that you talk about exists nowhere.

So you can add this to the list containing target food and un natural relationship. Do you have any idea based in reality of the world around you?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

He never claimed that telepathy is true, he said the human brain of the 2nd test subject reacted IF a magnetic field is present. No explanation as to WHY that is happening has been given,
Yes there was. It was a sympathetic reaction to the other person in another room with a matching helmet on, also hooked up via computer, shared a response as though he too was getting a flashlight shined in his eyes.

and it hasn't been linked to any part of the body or "unused genes" or anything like that.
Well if its an unknown ability, where else would you think of looking?

The article and his video basically state that the brain of one subject reacted to a flashing light, and if a magnetic field was present, the second contestant not located at the same spot also showed a brain reaction. In no way does that prove telepathy as those blogs and pseudo-scientific articles posted in the thread you linked claim.
So again, everyone else is wrong and your right. They titles it telepathy proven. But the problem is that your not understanding the connection between the helmet and the brain waves, with a 3rd party.

I don't get it, you fail to see the mass holes in evolution and how its even written to be postulated hypothetical theorys and yet you can't see anything unique going on in this experiement.

And that's exactly why pseudo-science fails hard every single time. They take some real scientific finding, and then draw conclusions that aren't backed up by the original statement.
I think your confused on how this experiement works. There might be nothing magical about helmets reading brain patterns, but when you can read a brain pattern from a 3rd party that didn't get a flashlight shined in his eyes, I think thats pretty remarkable.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I know what you man by the pest and as hard as I try I must scratch an itch. You are aslo right that this thread had little chance of working and the pest made sure it died.

As an aside. A friend was telling me he was sure some evil person had killed a cat as he found a corpse that had been completey gutted. Nothing else was touched. I asked about the head and he said that was missing.

Classic fox kill. And the missing guts illustrates that this is always the predators first choice. Its the subordinates and scavengers that eat the muscle mass and is probably why scavengers need a varied diet.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Again an assumption based on a lack of knowledge.

There is no such thing as a balanced eco system. If prey numbers fall due to enviroment or excessive predation the predator numbers fall until the numbers of either become sustainable.
And you would be right, at least on this planet anyhow.

There are always adjustments to maintain sustainable numbers because the enviroment is continually changeing and so a balanced eco system that you talk about exists nowhere.
And see I don't agree with that. I think that everything needs to eat and breath and drink.

So you can add this to the list containing target food and un natural relationship. Do you have any idea based in reality of the world around you?
ya it sounds like I have a better understanding than you do.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

I know what you man by the pest and as hard as I try I must scratch an itch. You are aslo right that this thread had little chance of working and the pest made sure it died.

As an aside. A friend was telling me he was sure some evil person had killed a cat as he found a corpse that had been completey gutted. Nothing else was touched. I asked about the head and he said that was missing.

Classic fox kill. And the missing guts illustrates that this is always the predators first choice. Its the subordinates and scavengers that eat the muscle mass and is probably why scavengers need a varied diet.

Interesting makes a lot of sense, never thought of it that way.

To tooth:
Hey when do you think the rest of the humpback whales will come back from there planet? Do you think they're planning something down there in our oceans? What if the humpback whales are the creators, all along in our own backyard, just amazing

edit on 20-2-2012 by andersensrm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

And you would be right, at least on this planet anyhow.
That would be true on any planet you fool. It is true in every enviroment we look at on land sea and air so as long as another planet has them then it also applies there.

And see I don't agree with that. I think that everything needs to eat and breath and drink.
Did you even read my comment before replying to it? Your response says no so how you cannot agree with something you clearly have not understood speaks clearly of your ignorance.

ya it sounds like I have a better understanding than you do.
Your reply above shows you have no understanding of anything.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Telepathy.
I am going to start with radio wave, a layman’s understanding so please bear with me.

A transmitter converts sound into an electronic signal which is sent to an aerial

This signal causes electrons to “vibrate” along an aerial at a specific frequency.

Electrons in the air molecules adjacent to the aerial begin to vibrate in sympathy with those in the aerial.

This continues with adjacent electrons vibrating outward from the aerial in a circular pattern creating waves such as might occur when a stone is dropped into a pond.

When the electrons in the air, vibrating, meet another aerial, the electrons in this aerial (the receiver) also begin to vibrate in sympathy, matching the vibrations originally originating from the transmitting aerial.

Electronic components translate the vibrations of these electrons into the original “sound” that was broadcast from the transmitter.

I personally see no reason why there might not be an organ within the brain that is capable of emulating what occurs in an aerial, that is to vibrate at such a frequency or power that these oscillations might not cause adjacent molecules to vibrate in the same pattern in sympathy.

If…IF such an organ existed…there would also be no reason not to assume that the same organ might not be able to pick up on oscillations that had been “transmitted” by another individual and translate these into some kind of “universal brain language”

However, if this were the case, If such an organ did exist, I would not provide evidence of humans not having originated on earth. It could show an “discarded” evolutionary advantage, a throw back if you like to a primitive method of communication used by a highly developed hunter species, used to co-ordinate hunts before the development of a complex language system.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

My take on what the guy was saying was that the whole brain was the recieving/transmitting organ.

The brain functions are electromagnetic as well as chemical so the things he was saying could have foundation but it was also clear this investigation is in very early stages and is far from proved.

It is also not a removed power at best it is an existant function that we may be able to use tech to take advantage of. He also says many other animals have this ability and so far from proving we are not from here his early finding show we are linked with all life on the planet by the planets magnetic field.

If I am not mistaken this is the same guy that showed religous visions/experiences can be induced by magmetism and so just a construct of our brain for which the faithful slated him. Now it seems he is their new hero or at least he who shall not be named hero.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It was a sympathetic reaction...

That is your claim, not theirs...at least if you mean it was communication of minds

It wasn't as if the other person saw the flashing light. There was an electric stimuli in the same region of the brain, that's what he found out.

Well if its an unknown ability, where else would you think of looking?

Nothing wrong in looking...but you are making claims that haven't been proven yet. And even worse, you pretend those claims are facts.

So again, everyone else is wrong and your right. They titles it telepathy proven. But the problem is that your not understanding the connection between the helmet and the brain waves, with a 3rd party. I don't get it, you fail to see the mass holes in evolution and how its even written to be postulated hypothetical theorys and yet you can't see anything unique going on in this experiement.

The thread title on ATS and some blogs is "telepathy proven", that's all. It's an interesting finding, and no one's disputing that. However, it's a long way from "telepathy proven" as all we know right now according to that study is that under the presence of a magnetic field, it is possible that one person's electrical reaction in the brain can be also witnessed in subjects under the influence of the same magnetic field.

But as I said, it's an interesting finding...but to claim this is the effect of some gene characteristics or "hidden skill" is incredibly premature.
edit on 20-2-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

So now you're telling me that you don't understand sexual reproduction and chromosomes? Look it up dude. You'll find that a varied combination of genes, some held on an X chromosome and some held on a Y chromosome will pass onto a child. That's why I'm short while my Uncle is tall. My mother didn't inherit the tall gene.

It's not a repression of an expression. It's literally lacking the gene altogether.
Now see what I understood is that the gene would have to be autosomal dominant or passed on by both parents to be expressed.

Not all genes pass down, bub. They get mixed and matched, and then some pass on while others don't. You see, both the mother and the father donate genes to the child. Why do you think you look different than your grandparents?

I'm not explaining it perfectly, so here's a short and sweet little website for you to learn from.

www.23andme.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

That's why the human race is not evolving much anymore. For evolution to happen quickly in a species, there must be a genetic bottle-neck, also known as a very small breeding population. In that case, a genetic change will spread throughout the entire breeding population, and the entire species will appear to change.
Did you make that up? Where did you get that?

Read and learn. You really need to clean up your ignorance:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Interesting makes a lot of sense, never thought of it that way.

To tooth:
Hey when do you think the rest of the humpback whales will come back from there planet? Do you think they're planning something down there in our oceans? What if the humpback whales are the creators, all along in our own backyard, just amazing
I dunno, never thought about that one.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

That would be true on any planet you fool. It is true in every enviroment we look at on land sea and air so as long as another planet has them then it also applies there.
Weather you want to belive in survival of the fittest which you do, or that things start out in an eco balance, either way, they will be in an eco balance.

Species have to eat.
Species have to survive.
Species have to grow, and multiply.

So either way you look at it, there must be a balance.

Did you even read my comment before replying to it? Your response says no so how you cannot agree with something you clearly have not understood speaks clearly of your ignorance.
No I think I understand pretty well htat species need to eat and grow.

Your reply above shows you have no understanding of anything.
Only when it comes from the master of dilusion, Colin.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well if you check out the Wiki on the 10% brain myth, they stand pretty firm that its just a myth while also repeating that we actually know very little about the brain. This was why I offered the Savant as an example that the brain can work better. A Savant proves that the brain is capable of more, of course we don't know how much more. While there has never been a test executed that proves our brains to be opperating at maximum capacity, they sure are bold to claim our brains are working fine.

Is it perhaps because we have documentation that tells us we have disabled powers. Hebrews speaks of this...
gspcsermons.blogspot.com...
And in the same section it also tells us that earth is not our home.
While I'm sure people are just being ignorant to ignore this, my question is why. What do we stand to gain from ignoring this. isaiah 6 also appears to be talking about us having powers removed.
Is it possible that our first punishment in the garden of Eden was the removal of our vey own telepathy? I think so.

Vestigal organs seem to aid in this find.
Another thing that seems to suggest it is the commonality of life. In my over 30 years of studying the supernatural and paranormal, I always thought it odd that they almost always have telepathy and we don't.

This recent experiment with DR persinger made it obvious to me, that he is on the right track for proving the unprovalble. I think however that he has a lot more work to do.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Read and learn. You really need to clean up your ignorance:

en.wikipedia.org...
Nice try, I clicked on the wiki for it, then on the person named for genetic drift only to find that it was written by someone with an evolutionitsts background.

So this is all in the eyes of evolution with nothing to back it up.
I have read about genetic drift and know that a species will die if dire changes are made. So in other words there is no way a species can change without dying.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I always imagined the religious ideas of Heading home,,, were of a spiritual nature,, assuming humans contained a divine spark/soul/spirit/ and the true destination of this spirit was heaven/home..... so now since this metaphysical idea needs to be justified with modern scientific understanding of physical reality,,, you interpret those things to mean the physical human was manufactured on a physical planet,, and brought to this one.......

you believe all animals that are not human lived and grew "naturally" on this planet, and humans were brought here, and we just happen to be extremely similar in ways of material make up and other things you should know... you take the fact that you are alive in the middle of this incomprehensibly complex swarm of human history and can easily say ( which on of these does not belong) human behavior is sooooo different then anything else......... while other people believe that humans had to strive over millions of lives and thousands of years, to piggy back information, and genes, to build civilization and culture, and knowledge, etc..

top topics

<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join