It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dron020
People waist it their time arguing about something that we are about to find out. Everyone is in titled to a personal opinion. If people want to believe this then let them. And if you people took the time to understand what this Comet really means just read what the Hopi and Mayans truly say.
edit on 17-9-2011 by dron020 because: (no reason given)

Right o then, we'll just ignore modern science and modern electronic equipment and go with the fire side story of primative people instead. My ancient people, the Celts, said that leprachauns exist as well as fairys, nymphs, gnomes. Why are your aincent people more believable than mine? Its not a racial thing is it??? LOL.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

Due to the fact that space is a vacuum, the remnants of Elenin will remain on the same orbit as if it were whole. At least until it reaches the gas giants.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace

You people are reaching so hard...

I am reaching for nothing.

Simply stating the obvious facts.

But don't let me stop you from wanting to stick your head back into the sand.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You are not stating facts though, rather, you are wilfully choosing to ignore them.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This all looks pretty well laid out, but not air tight. Elenin is between us and the sun, and the videos and photos seem to be from a period of high solar activity. Just the same as we should be skeptical (in the healthy way) of grainy UFO video or cell phone videos of dictators being hung, we shouldn't bandwagon so readily, just because a version of the evidence matches our earlier suppositions.

Besides, what are the possible outcomes for whoever is wrong? If it's never been anything to worry about, then a lot of people "wasted time" and stocked up on food, water, medical supplies, ammo, seeds, trade goods, and learning resources. If there really does turn out to be something to Elenin (or Nibiru or Planet X or the rogue brown dwarf), the cost for being wrong is *pretty* high. Personally, I'd rather hope for the best and prepare for the worst, than the other way around. Let's just wait a few weeks and see what pops out the other side, if anything?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Didn't the same so called amateur astronomers claimed that it was hit by a pulse and split itself or something, then they claimed it was still visible and now it exploded again, so my guess is that it's going to be visible again...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow

You are not stating facts though, rather, you are wilfully choosing to ignore them.

What "facts" am I ignoring?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

The thing is that recently, modern science is in question of how "modern" it is when ancient civilizations have known about our science while we were still matter in the stars.

Back on topic, I did a search on Elenin breaking up on google, and all I found was just Michael Mattiazzo's report on the matter.

I also did a search for Elenin and perihelion on the NASA website and came up with nothing. Can anyone provide more than one source?
Maybe i'm not looking hard enough.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I know this has been posted before, but I think it should be put out there

ni biru final update

I'm not sure who wrote it, but it does bring up some points to think about.

There is a lot of disinformation to sort through when it comes to elenin, which makes it even more important to take a serious look at then to just rule it out as crazy and ridiculous. The idea that elenin itself is a brown dwarf star was always disinformation, so elenin breaking up does not prove anything, there are still a ton of unanswered questions

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

The fact that the remnants of Elenin will continue to follow the same orbital path, and the fact that we are not, and never were in that path. Several people have pointed this out, yet you continue to claim that Elenin is a threat.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

The fact that the remnants of Elenin will continue to follow the same orbital path, and the fact that we are not, and never were in that path. Several people have pointed this out, yet you continue to claim that Elenin is a threat.

If something breaks up, forces with different directional vectors are applied to the pieces, sending them different directions. Some slow down, some speed up, some go up, some go down, some go left, some go right.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

If that were the case why has this never happened to any other comet that has broken up? Comet West broke up in 1976 and is still on its orbit 80 AU away. Another great example are the Kreutz sungrazers. These are suspected to be remnants from a comet many years ago and each one pretty much follows the same orbit.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by timt6788

This has been looked at many times and each time even more flaws are found. Which is actually quite amazing since numerous flaws have been found are pretty much every page. And this goes beyond just his version of physics. He gets some of the most basic information possible wrong. I don't understand how anyone can take it seriously when it's just error after error.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

1st. You do realize we're talking about a comet and not an asteroid right?
2nd. Elenin is 4km wide, or around 3 miles wide, not 10 miles, and it's not a ball of metal, it's a ball of ice... that might make a small difference no?
3rd. The only reason you use the term extinction level event or E.L.E is because you've seen too many youtube videos that claim to "decipher" acronyms for ELENIN.

good day. I said good day!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My goodness, even before we had scientific confirmation that the comet broke up and poses no danger, there was still no reason to worry. It is amazing the straws at which some people will grasp for their daily fix of doom and gloom. If you want to worry, focus on the things that we can actually focus on - financial issues, world hunger, overpopulation, the continuous elimination of the middle class, violence, corrupt governments, etc. There are plenty of things to worry about in the world, so why do we need to go and create more things to worry about?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Reason Elenin went away?

Might have been a ship?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Or...... Comet Elenin simply exhausted what was left of the material that made it's tail and is now an asteroid, black and cold, zipping it's way towards Earth to an impact point off the Russian-Alaskan coast where there is a big red "X" that marks the spot.

The tail is made up of the material of the comet. The tail isn't a fuel source you know, it doesn't "run out."

Unlike a meteor that is heavy metals, a comet is dirt and ice. Unless you are suggesting there is a super meteor hiding beneath the normal dirt an ice that makes up that comet.

FRAGMENT OF COMET:
The collision of a cometary fragment is thought to have occurred in the Tunguska region of Siberia in 1908. The blast was about the size of a 15 megaton nuclear bomb. It knocked down trees in an area about 850 square miles, but did not leave a crater. The consensus among scientists is that a cometary fragment about 20 to 60 meters in diameter exploded in the Earth's atmosphere just above the Earth's surface. Only small amounts of material similar to meteorites were found embedded in trees at the site.

While the outer surface of comets appear to composed of icy material like water and carbon dioxide solids, they likely contain a more rocky nucleus.
www.tulane.edu...
You know they keep learning new things about everything I hate when people act like we already know it all.

edit on 17-9-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
People please welcome debate no matter how tedious you think it seems from your side of the debate. Please welcome challenge not throw your childish remarks in which have no place on such a site.We have both sides giving facts from both perspectives.That is how this site works and needs to remain other wise it will lose its creditability as a source of knowledgeable individuals, who make this site what it is by remaining solely on the fence until they have all the facts. Still remain open for growth through debate and challenge that is how true knowledge is attained . We will always get certain groups which just jump on certain member's posts because they give a good argument but not knowing much themselves. So they just say some ridiculous banter these people are ruining this site please refrain. If you cant remain passive through debate you have no place on this site or it will die like others. I for one believe this topic is not over till NASA confirm the findings. P.S if a poster has posted a NASA report on this already im sorry i probably haven't seen it due to i could not stand reading most of the pages of this thread because of some bullying posts and childish comments but if NASA has made a statement then please reply to me with a link.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by Greensage

Um, you can take a simple 2 to 3-second timed exposure with your digital camera and see the stars move. Let me guess, you don't have a telescope.

If you do Have a telescope could you share with us your photo's of Elenin?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join