It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buildingthenations

You realize that makes no sense right? If it becomes darker the closer it gets to the Sun then why would it be brighter the farther away it is? What it absorbs all light but it's own?....Then why would it stop producing light in the presence of the Sun?!!?

You'd have to pretty much just throw out all science and just call the thing "magic" for any of what you are claiming to be true.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
reply to post by Chadwickus

Don't we at least get a meteor shower or something? I imagine all that mass is still there, just disperse, maintaining (on average) the same trajectory, since total momentum is conserved. I am no astronomer, just speculating here.

-rrr

Well we would have if the trajectory of the comet had ever put it near enough to Earth. Unfortunatly it was never on a trajectory for earth so its particles will still follow the original trajectory and continue on and out of our solar system. We still have plenty of other meteor showers to look forward to. A few regulars every year as a matter of fact.
edit on 17-9-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

you just made my day haha

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
OP your clearly disregarding it's cloaking system!!!

Joking though. This is exactly why I like amateur astronomers and the work they do. Thanks for the good post OP, S & F.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Your post was brilliant haha. The whole elenin thing has had me *slightly* spooked for a while though in my heart of hearts i've always thought it was a load of dung. Your post is the icing on the cake!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For all Nibiru and Elenin Earth Killers

You had me @ Slap

/
Case

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
"Michael Mattiazzo Elenin did not survive Perihelion."

I am not so sure that is good news.

Which is easier ....... trying to dodge a bullet or a shotgun blast?

Instead of being hit with one large object we may be hit with millions of smaller ones spread out over a larger area.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Sort of sad in a way the first comet discovered by a Russian in 20 years ends up falling off of the small body database, ironic. The first trip to solar perihelion was just too much for this little body.

As far as I know, this couldn't have been it's first trip? Am I wrong, I may be. However, I'm guessing it's just the first time we saw it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

Instead of being hit with one large object we may be hit with millions of smaller ones spread out over a larger area.

That is not how it works. The more broken up it is, the larger the total surface area of the collected mass, the easier it will burn up if it enters the atmosphere. Lots of small ones will always be better than one big one.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I just want to bring up a point. In both the Hopi indian prophecies as well as those that claim Elenin is a distraction for Nibiru or a Brown Dwarf star.

1st the Common Brown Dwarf Idea.

There are a few kinds of Brown/red Dwarf, but in this case it seems that this definition is fitting.

What is a brown Dwarf star. - Brown dwarfs, a term coined by Jill Tarter in 1975, were originally called black dwarfs, a classification for dark substellar objects floating freely in space which were too low in mass to sustain stable hydrogen fusion (the term black dwarf currently refers to a white dwarf that has cooled down so that it no longer emits significant heat or visible light).

whar is a red dwarf star - Red dwarfs are very low-mass stars with no more than 40% of the mass of the Sun.[2] Consequently they have relatively low temperatures in their cores and energy is generated at a slow rate through nuclear fusion of hydrogen into helium by the proton-proton (PP) chain mechanism. Thus these stars emit little light, sometimes as little as 1/10,000th that of the Sun. Even the largest red dwarfs (for example HD 179930, HIP 12961 and Lacaille 8760) have only about 10% of the Sun's luminosity.

Basically, brown/red Dwarfs are large gaseous body that does not produce significant heat or light. Now if this is the case, just like many Brown/Red/ Dwarf stars, very expensive, very sensitive equipment is needed to find and observe them. Much like that in possession of Nasa, who as we all know tends to obscure what they can not explain or would rather the general public does not know. Many whistle Blowers and Ex employees talk about all sorts of amazing phenomena that we here on Earth know absolutely nothing about because they hide it. This goes to the extremes of bat # crazy ex Astronauts claiming Alien bases exist everywhere including the seems of our pants, to much less exciting artists and photo analysis techs claiming their job was to simply smudge out anything that would lead to questions Nasa either can not answer or doesn't want us to know.

Now back to the idea Elenin is a cover, if a much brighter Comet were in the sky, we would obviously be drawn to that object. It's natural, something that is brighter/larger/noisier/more colourful we tend to pay more attention to it. Bottom line, the other less interesting objects are boring. Now if Elenin is brighter and in the same general area we would naturally pay attention to it. As well, The Comets Brightness may in fact hinder us from noticing an object such as a Red Dwarf which puts off very little light, or in the chance it's a brown dwarf they don't really put off any light at all. Considering the majority of the people who are watching Elenin are doing so with very inexpensive amateur telescopes to very expensive amateur telescopes they still aren't likely to notice an Object such as a Dwarf star while Elenin shines through their lens. Now, that Elenin is " disintegrating people have even less reason to look up in the sky for anything strange. Especially if that Red/Brown Dwarf is behind or near the location of Elenin.

I'm going to now make mention of the Hopi Indians thoughts. The Hopi Indians tell of 2 Cousins coming, one comet which is the guardian of the South, and another the guardian of the North. These could be the other comets, and the meteor that have been seen recently. They also tell of a Blue Comet/star that should be visible in the sky when a very large earthquake hits. Followed by three days of night. Now the part I want to talk about is after the Blue Kachina( Blue star/comet) passes, another Star happens to be following behind it. The Red Kachina. Well, this Red Kachina also called the purifier, happens to sound a lot like other stories of Elenin, or a Red/Brown Dwarf that's headed our way. If anyone has been paying attention to Saturn's Sudden tilt off it's axis, and the fact our moon seems to be deviating a little more than usual, coupled with all the severe weather and Earth quakes, Strange Migratory animal behaviour. It kind of makes sense a very large object with an equally large mass/gravitational field may be headed our way. Now just because Elenin has broke up, wouldn't it make sense that now the cloak is gone we could more easily find that sneaky dagger ? Just a thought people, not everything is always as it seems. I do believe a telescope was recently was accredited for it's ability to locate, and observe objects similar to Brown/Red Dwarfs, and now I can not find anything about it anywhere ? Coincidence ?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

this one is just for good measures. It says they don't know of any that exist, but who's to say it doesn't.
en.wikipedia.org...

Good luck, think on this one before you chew it to bits.

-Ilyich

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Josonic

Did I say I was a doomsayer? Or did you just assume that I was?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
No it is quit obvious you just like to argue. It is only upsetting that ATS members have not figured out how to deal with you when places like 4chan have. You ignore the posts that are just for sake of arguing and they all go away.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
reply to post by Greg100

I posted "OFFICIAL:" above.
but again..

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Or did you want an official youtuber statement?
hahaha

edit on 17-9-2011 by Demoncreeper because: ad an extra ha.

Just helping out here:

This from above report:

Elenin is now nearly in an inferior solar conjunction, where it will be directly between Earth and the sun. During that time, we won’t be able to see it, due to the brightness of the sun. Another amateur astronomer from Australia, Ian Musgrave, says it is doubtful that it will be bright enough to see in the cameras from the sun-orbiting SOHO spacecraft. We will probably have to wait until October, when the comet moves away from the sun, for powerful Earth-based telescopes to find out if any of the comet survives.
This report was originally published by Universe Today as "Comet Elenin Is Now Fading Away."

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
People waist it their time arguing about something that we are about to find out. Everyone is in titled to a personal opinion. If people want to believe this then let them. And if you people took the time to understand what this Comet really means just read what the Hopi and Mayans truly say.
edit on 17-9-2011 by dron020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

That would only be true if we were in its path. But we are not and have never been in its path so a billion pcs flying past on the same track that it was on before.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

That is not how it works. The more broken up it is, the larger the total surface area of the collected mass, the easier it will burn up if it enters the atmosphere. Lots of small ones will always be better than one big one.

"Small" is a relative term. Yes, if it broke up, it will be in "smaller" pieces. Take a 10 mile wide asteroid and break it up into "smaller" 1 mile wide pieces.

It is STILL an extinction level event.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

I'm going to now make mention of the Hopi Indians thoughts. The Hopi Indians tell of 2 Cousins coming...

I'm going to stop you right there. No they don't. Every source for this prophecy is a non-Hopi. If you've ever researched the Hopi you know that they are a very private people that don't share much with outsiders. The Hopi Nation actually got so sick of claims like this that they put out a press release where they warned about non-Hopi claiming to have Hopi secrets. They even warn of listening to Hopi who don't live on Hopi land.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Good
maybe we can finally put this subject to bed

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dron020

Please refer to my last post in regards to the Hopi. As for the Mayans they also say nothing. You once again have a bunch of people who are not from the Mayan culture taking information from other people not from the Mayan culture who got their original information not from people of the Mayan culture. If one actually looks into Mayan research you will see that there is no reference to a comet or anything else like that.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

That would only be true if we were in its path. But we are not and have never been in its path so a billion pcs flying past on the same track that it was on before.

Or ....... we were not in the path of a single bullet, but now may be in the path of a very wide, spread out shotgun blast.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You people are reaching so hard...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join