It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Yes, the comet is real.
No, it's (or what's left of it) not headed for us.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yep, i figured as much. People panicking over nothing, same as always.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DocEmrick

Yes, the comet is real.
No, it's (or what's left of it) not headed for us.

Does this serve as an answer for this question Phage? If you don't mind?

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Interesting. I remember seeing you post about this earlier.

I have a technical question for you if you don't mind Chad.

I am not aware of the specifics on this information, and I am curious if the disintegrated comet can potentially leave a trail of debris that Earth may/may not pass through? Are the trajectory paths off by a large enough margin to prevent this from occurring?

I admit I have not followed the Elenin thing very closely, for obvious reasons.

I am just curious if we could have a very light meteor shower as a result of this in the near future. In a way I would sort of hope so, because it would be excellent if I could recover an Elenin meteorite and sell it on the market for a large sum of $$$. This would be a great way to earn a paycheck.

However if you believe there is no real chances of this due to the information you have reviewed than I will take your word for it because I believe this could take a lot of time to determine especially considering I am so far behind on this whole issue.

Thanks for listening Chad.

Any response would be helpful. Although I fear I may be disappointed, a piece of Elenin could be worth a few months of rent at least.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Guess the x37b works as intended

Thanks NASA!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wasn't there a thread/post a couple of months back saying TPTB sent a "top secret mission" to Comet Elenin to check it out ?

can't find the thread,

Maybe they destroyed the ELE /threat to earth

Sorry couldn't help my self

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Then if there is no event that is going to happen, then why is Obama ordered to the Denver Bunker sept 27th , they are going to DEFON 1 , the highest level.. (for training exercises), could be. or not.. So here is the article and link to this article, check it out and make your own conclusions.

www.eutimes.net...

Good luck if its going to cause some type of natural disasters.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

So, if the source in the OP sucks does that mean the source for the JPL Orbit Diagram of Elenin sucks? You don realize that all those observations that go into constructing the orbit diagram are done by amateur astronomers right? As I've said before this is not the first comet Mattiazzo has followed and from the number of hits you get on him it seems like he is well respected in the amateur astronomer community. So, I'd say he's a better source than a site like PerfectMinds who don't even know when Elenin would be in the sky.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It would be impossible for Earth to pass through the remnants of Elenin. Even though it has broken up, what remains of Elenin should continue on the same orbit as before. At least until it gets to the gas giants. The next time Elenin will cross Earth's orbit it will be far above the ecliptic and even when it was a full comet its tail was not long enough to reach us a perigree. So, sadly we won't even get a meteor shower out of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Any sizeable fragments (large enough to survive passage through the atmosphere) will follow the original orbit of the comet in for the short term (months). Cometary debris of any size is unlikely to reach the surface though, it's fluffy stuff.

Since Elenin is now above the ecliptic, any material light enough to be affected by the solar wind (dust) is being pushed further "upward" and is not likely to reach Earth.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghillie007

As has been pointed out a few times, the "alignment" that occurs on the 27th will actually occur around 10PM on the 26th in Denver. At this time Obama will be in Southern California. So, I'd think if he was actually worried about anything happening he would not plan a visit to the most earthquake prone part of the country when the "alignment" occurs.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

It would be impossible for Earth to pass through the remnants of Elenin. Even though it has broken up, what remains of Elenin should continue on the same orbit as before. At least until it gets to the gas giants. The next time Elenin will cross Earth's orbit it will be far above the ecliptic and even when it was a full comet its tail was not long enough to reach us a perigree. So, sadly we won't even get a meteor shower out of it.

That sucks. Thanks for updating me on the specifics of the issue. I really appreciate you taking your time to explain this to me Xcalibur.

Ah well, maybe next time!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghillie007

Your link doesn't work.
Obama has not been "ordered" to Denver. The President will be in Seattle and San Francisco on the 25th, southern California on the 26th and Denver on the 27th.

A White House official confirmed this morning that Obama will visit the Seattle area and the Bay Area on September 25. The following day, the President will visit the Bay Area, the San Diego area and the Los Angeles area, where he's planning to star at two entertainment-related fundraisers, according to the Hollywood Reporter. He'll head to Denver on September 27, a White House official said.

www.sfgate.com...

Oh, I see. You think that an article from Sorcha Faal is real. Good luck with that.
www.whatdoesitmean.com...

edit on 9/17/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Any sizeable fragments (large enough to survive passage through the atmosphere) will follow the original orbit of the comet in for the short term (months). Cometary debris of any size is unlikely to reach the surface though, it's fluffy stuff.

Since Elenin is now above the ecliptic, any material light enough to be affected by the solar wind (dust) is being pushed further "upward" and is not likely to reach Earth.

Thank you as well for the reply Phage. I really appreciate you guys weeding through the crap for me like this. I admit I haven't had enough time to follow this very closely, and due to the massive amount of information / misinformation floating around it can be incredibly difficult to determine fact from fiction.

I believe you guys have proven your track record over time with issues pertaining to astronomy and I am willing to accept your answers at face value. I wish I had more time to dig into this but I sadly do not, there are too many things going on at once.

Thank you again, and keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Absolute classic Chad'.

S&F for brightening up my day.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I got bored reading the first pages because of certain people and there off topic comments so please can someone let me know if NASA confirm theses findings .

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Since there are no records for any 4 KM comets breaking up in the past, I do find this to be a bit odd! Though I never worried about elenin being a threat to the earth, today I am a bit perplexed by how this 4 kilometer comet has broken up so fast. Though not all comets are the same and this could be a reason why Elenin has broken up. Maybe it is more of a ruble pile of dirt and water then a compact comet. This can be the only explanation that i can concieve and it makes more sense then someone or something cloaking it for no reason other than to explain why it broke up. I will never deny any theory no matter how absurd it may be! We must stay open to all possibilities except where the theories need to be molded to fit a scenario that is unfolding. There are no impossibilities just improbabilities and this is why we need to treat each theory with an open, rational and well thought out determination of probability which will bring us to an educated conclusion! There are no bad theorys just ignorant ones!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Thank you as well for the reply Phage. I really appreciate you guys weeding through the crap for me like this. I admit I haven't had enough time to follow this very closely, and due to the massive amount of information / misinformation floating around it can be incredibly difficult to determine fact from fiction.

I believe you guys have proven your track record over time with issues pertaining to astronomy and I am willing to accept your answers at face value. I wish I had more time to dig into this but I sadly do not, there are too many things going on at once.

Thank you again, and keep up the good work.

Not exactly true on the debris. It was about what 4 clicks wide? It probably had many many bugs 'stuck to the windshield' and we are headed through a debris field. But the likelihood of finding any that take the heat will be small due to the surface area of the earth. (mostly water) Its still worth keeping an eye open during that time. It would be a 7-9 dollar a gram trophy.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Always an interesting topic.... We could always look at the conspiracy behind Elenin being a false flag attack, and the recent news release that some glactic federation has won their war against the reptilians, at which point they announced there would be no flase flag attack on Earth.

Reason Elenin went away?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by bluloa

Times up my friend, Dr Cox has spoken.

But it's ok, all evidence showing the disintegration of Elenin has been doctored...

Nice cop out.

I call your doctored photos, and raise you the fact that Elenin never existed in the first place

Come on guys - prove to me that Elenin was real, and not just all made up by NASA for a bit of fun one quiet Friday afternoon (after a couple of lunchtime pints of Speckled Hen down "Ye Olde Ferret and Firkin English style pub"). Obvious now, innit

edit on 17-9-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Locust
Just being devils advocate here. The backgrounds on the pictures do not match, so the photos could be from any point in the sky.

I'm still back on page four, but I had to comment.

The background on the pics will never match up. Ever. Think about it.

The Earth rotates. The Earth zooms around the sun around at 67,000 mph.

The average distance from the Earth to the Sun is 149,597,890 km. Therefore in one year the Earth travels a distance of 2*Pi*(149,597,890)km. This means that the velocity is about: velocity=2*Pi*(149,597,890)km/1 year and if we convert that to more meaningful units (knowing there is 365 days in a year, and 24 hours per day) we get: velocity=107,300 km/h (or if you prefer 67,062 miles per hour) So the Earth moves at about 100,000 km/h around the Sun (which is 1000 times faster than the speeds we go at on a highway!)

The solar system moves across the milky way.

The background pictures are never the same because we are all moving. There is nothing static about sky, stars, or planets. Ever.

Back to reading......

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join