It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghillie007

Reading the eutimes is seriously bad for your brain.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
IT is a BLACK dwarf, that is why it tends to look faded and disappear the closer it approaches to the sun! It doesnt Reflect the light..

link   
And so another Chapter of Conspiracy ends..

link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Out of curiosity, what about this particular comet made some of you think it was something other than a comet?

I just don't get where the wild ideas are forming from. It looks like a comet, acts like a comet... is there something special about this thing that made some of you jump off the normal astrological object bandwagon?

I am pretty sure it was only the timing of the event. It was coming within the time frame for the doom and gloom leading up to the big 2012 Dec thingy. I don't get it. Hale Bop was a much bigger, closer and brighter comet. It dominated the sky in early 1995 and again that November. The only group caught up in any stupid hoopla were the Heavens Gate people with their nikes and rolls of quarters. Must have expected to hit some toll booths on their way to where ever in the universe.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Judging some of your comments it's like you people wanted something devastating to happen ..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Ah,Goodbye Elenin,Rest in tiny pieces.
It feels almost like you were a known friend the amount of times I read your name over the last few months.
Oh well,maybe I shall hear your name again if some goon can come up with a theory about how the Elenin dust particles are coming to kill us on Earth.

Any takers?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buildingthenations

There is no science to support your spew.

Are you really 'one of them'?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
According to Michael Mattiazzo Elenin did not survive Perihelion.

Does anyone know why NASA put out this video yesterday if Elenin did survive Perifelion ? Why didn't they just say that Elenin fell apart.

lunarscience.nasa.gov...

Also, why does it still show up on this trajectory ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

I'm not saying it did or didn't survive, these are just questions that are going through my mind
edit on 9/17/2011 by taws6 because: had to fix the link

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by buildingthenations
IT is a BLACK dwarf, that is why it tends to look faded and disappear the closer it approaches to the sun! It doesnt Reflect the light..

hmn. first it was a brown dwarf and now it turned black. apparently we're not dealing with a comet but a chameleon that keeps changing colors.

so what's next when we survive 2011 and say hello to 2012 without getting blown up by then?

"omg ZOMG, elenin is a BLACK hole, it's gonna suck us in, get on yer knees and repent!!!!!!11!!!111"?

oh come on.
edit on 17-9-2011 by jamsession because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Don't we at least get a meteor shower or something? I imagine all that mass is still there, just disperse, maintaining (on average) the same trajectory, since total momentum is conserved. I am no astronomer, just speculating here.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You mean a black dwarf that takes 13.7 billion years to form? This has been brought up by another user and its almost as ridiculous as Hoagland's claims. It is absolutely impossible for a black dwarf to exist at this time. Maybe in the next billion years or so a black dwarf will exist, but not now. Especially not one in a solar system that is only 4.5 billion years old.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

The video's at least a month old. Although I believe it is closer to two months old. For some reason the date published on that website reflects the current time. If you check right now it will say that it was published today.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

The video was "put out" months ago.
www.youtube.com...

Elenin is not the only ex-comet to be found listed on the JPL site.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

You mean a black dwarf that takes 13.7 billion years to form? This has been brought up by another user and its almost as ridiculous as Hoagland's claims. It is absolutely impossible for a black dwarf to exist at this time. Maybe in the next billion years or so a black dwarf will exist, but not now. Especially not one in a solar system that is only 4.5 billion years old.

Lol just ignore the idiots...
They spent about a year or 2 preaching doom and gloom, and now they get nothing.
They will ignore facts in favor of blogs and youtube videos
Kinda sad, and pathetic.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by galactix

The flare could not "blow out" the coma. The coma didn't have any fuel or fire to "blow out". The coma is composed of the ice and dust that is constantly streaming behind any comet as they approach the sun. The comet does not have any coma or tail when in deep space. It only gains that appearance when it is being compromised by the sun. This was a smallish comet to begin with. It is not surprising that it did not survive. Every comet that comes through our solar system looses some of its mass on its approach towards the sun. All of them do. Including Halleys which is getting smaller. Halleys is a much larger comet than Elenin and so will survive at least a few more turns around our sun before it is completely melted but even the famous Halleys will one day be just a memory.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

i dont understand how a black dwarf can exist with the properties that elenin claimists are saying it has

black dwarfs still reflect sunlight, so we should see it if its close to the sun. the only object in the universe that doesnt reflect sunlight are black holes

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Ah,Goodbye Elenin,Rest in tiny pieces.

Is not so important whether it is extinct or not. More important is that the interval coincides with the one year before the beginning of the Kali Yuga - the death of Sargon - 2295 BCE. So that by the end of the South Yuga remains 1 year ...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by buildingthenations

1. Just because something is black doesn't mean it can't reflect light... If you are speaking about the color black then yes a perfectly black surface is black because it absorbs all colors in the visible spectrum, but what about other types of light.

2. It's called a black dwarf because it doesn't emit light, not because it is literally black. So visible light hitting it would still be reflected

3.A black dwarf is not a black hole... The gravitational pull of a black dwarf is not even comparable to a neutron star, and yet even neutron stars can emit light.

4. Black dwarfs don't exist yet

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Comets can disintegrate.....Its a phenomenon known at least as far back as the 19th century with Comet Biela . Or for a more recent example Comet 73P in 1995,

Only 10% of the LPCs survive more than 50 passages to small perihelion, while only 1% of them survive more than 2,000 passages....Some just evaporate away due to Solar Radiation, and some disintegrate a bit faster and more dramatically. due to the tidal gravitational forces of large planets or the Sun, or an explosion of volatile material within the comet itself.....or for reasons we just don't know. The point is it happens, and has been observed happening many times.
edit on 17-9-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Had a "when" where I should have had a "with"....if you must know....

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

well that`s why we are here, some verifiable source and a straight answer, is what everybody wants
Thanks for your info

I don`t matter if the flags and stars are removed form my post, in not here for that(Is the one about Chinnese scientist...)

Besides y would be grateful if any mod can do that, that been said i´m still wondering....

Did Apollo missions`s used rocket stages or something like that to reach the Moon Surface?

Well so then i`m still wondering... cause Maybe, and Just May be, the Elenin stage was discard when they reached the place they wanted, didn`t they!!!!

W H O KNOWS.......
edit on 17-9-2011 by N1thNa1ath because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join