It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autopsy: Woman died from shot fired by deputy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Xcathdra

We know the other person in the car had nothing to do with the situation. The cops didnt know this at the time.

Well of course they did, because the only thing they based the shooting off of was the car speeding away and running over the officers foot. So yeah they had to know that the passenger was at not fault of the only reason they had to shoot.

Actually it was based on the felony assault on the officer and the attempt to escape. Also, as we see, only the dirver was shot and killed. I would say the passenger got lucky.

Anyways.. we have beat the horse to death. Its apparent you have no desire to learn, instead relying on accusations based on your personal bias,

Ive given you the info you need to understand howthis works, and you continually ignore / refuse it, instead changing your argument in an effort to prove a lost point that doesnt matter.

I leave you with the remainder of the thread so you guys can go back to your anti cop rants.

Its been fun...
edit on 17-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have a perfectly clean record with the exception of a few speeding and seat belt tickets.
I base my opinion solely on instances like this, cops attitudes, cops who never admit wrongdoing and cover up for other cops, and a life of observing what kind of people generally become police and why. Not to mention all the people they kill or taze or beat doesn't help.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Felony assault committed by the driver only. If it wasn't an accident.
edit on 17-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I have a perfectly clean record with the exception of a few speeding and seat belt tickets.
I base my opinion solely on instances like this, cops attitudes, cops who never admit wrongdoing and cover up for other cops, and a life of observing what kind of people generally become police and why. Not to mention all the people they kill or taze or beat doesn't help.

Whch is why you are wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Felony assault committed by the driver only. If it wasn't an accident.

Using a car as a weapon is felonious assault. Leaving the scene of an accident in almost all states is a low level felony, high level misdameanor or high court misdameanor. Intentionally striking an individual and leaving the scene is a felony as well. If the passenger ws involved, and depending on the state, can be an accesoory after the fact.

I can keep going, but as you see, she quickly made the wrong choices...

Have a good night.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Personally, I highly doubt the "assault" by the woman in the car was premeditated, as she was not intending to use the vehicle as a deadly weapon, otherwise, being at such close proximity, she could have actually ran the officer over had she had the intention to. So is discharging a weapon at the vehicle warranted?

This isn't as cut and dry as many of the cases of shootings by police that are posted on ATS. I am not sure of the distance of the shot, but I do know that it was either a well-placed, intentional kill-shot, or was simply a very (un)lucky shot on behalf of the officer. As an avid shooter, distance shots with handguns are relatively difficult, even with routine practice. So depending on the distance, I believe this may have been an intentional kill-shot, since if he was planning on shooting the person in the car, he should have known that the only accessible areas to hit were vital organs, for the most part at least.

This is if the car is speeding away. That means the back window is what the officer was shooting through, and you aren't going to hit someone in the lower body or legs that way...So knowing that, the shot, if it hit the person, was going to be very dangerous. That's all I know, and my personal opinion is that this shot was probably unwarranted, and different actions should have been taken. But, I don't know what the procedures are, although I could guess, and it will probably come down to whether running over the officer's foot was indeed assault with a deadly weapon. Whether or not the intentionality of the assault makes a difference, I do not know.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wow Sonny! I was unaware of this site. I just spent the last hour plus going through recent listings and archives. I know the USA is a rather large area, but I simply cannot believe the graft, and the lack of empathy of so many. Not just Police, but people at large. To be sure there are many police that are very good, and concerned and they do serve and protect. But seems no one is really safe in their homes now. I am not sure what to make of this actual thread, and think more needs to be known before I make any judgments. but The link you gave leaves little room for doubt. We do have a serious problem in this country. I am still on the side of law enforcement, and I do hope they can weed out the scum that seem to have infiltrated it, but I will forever be on guard.
Thanks for that link I will keep an eye on it.
DH

edit on 17-9-2011 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Actually it was based on the felony assault on the officer and the attempt to escape. Also, as we see, only the dirver was shot and killed. I would say the passenger got lucky.

If these LEO's were so gun-ho on shooting her,why wasnt the car riddled with bullets from ALL the officers at the scene ?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Uh huh. I'm wrong because I have personally experienced cops and have heard countless accounts, seen them in action, seen the news reports, and witnessed them (even now) ignoring a wrong committed by a cop even though pretty much everyone agrees it was wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Not to mention all the people they kill or taze or beat doesn't help.

Here is the important thing to remember though, people get beaten and tazed, not because of what crime they have committed, but because of their actions when an attempt is made to bring them in.

Lets just be honest here...

No one wants to have to go to jail then appear before court. Its a hassle, its an expense, its embarrassing, its humiliating, and you stand a good chance to end up doing time or paying money.

Everyone believes they are innocent, or what they did was no big deal.

Unfortunately, the laws often disagree with their feelings.
However, cops DONT write the laws, our reps do!
Cops are only doing their jobs to enforce laws and bring in suspects.

Why people get beaten or tazed is because they fight or flee rather then just peaceably go to jail then to court. Not as a punishment for what they have done.

Now do cops who have been in a fight with a resistant person sometimes go to far because they are mad or hopped up on adrenaline? Sure, they are humans. DO they sometimes screw up? Yes, they certainly do. Did they screw up in this instance? It's not looking like it ATM.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

She likely wasn't using it as a weapon which is what the case appears to show. Accidents can happen with actual weapons that aren't regarded as assault but as accidents.

You aren't willing to accept that her running over his foot was an accident which it likely was and she was only attempting to get away.
You won't accept that he over reacted by shooting someone that ran over his foot even though he was in no further danger.
You wont accept that he endangered the passenger and possibly the public by shooting like that.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
reply to post by sonnny1

Wow PhysicsAdept! I was unaware of this site. I just spent the last hour plus going through recent listings and archives. I know the USA is a rather large area, but I simply cannot believe the graft, and the lack of empathy of so many. Not just Police, but people at large. To be sure there are many police that are very good, and concerned and they do serve and protect. But seems no one is really safe in their homes now. I am not sure what to make of this actual thread, and think more needs to be known before I make any judgments. but The link you gave leaves little room for doubt. We do have a serious problem in this country. I am still on the side of law enforcement, and I do hope they can weed out the scum that seem to have infiltrated it, but I will forever be on guard.
Thanks for that link I will keep an eye on it.
DH

InjusticeEverywhere is a great resource site.. I stumbled onto the site awhile back. It shows the problem that Law enforcement is having,amongst its members. Sobering statistics. We need to change the Laws that govern our Police,for them to be better at the jobs they do. There lies the problem. There are many good LEO's out there. Some good ones here on ATS also.The problems though,are growing at an alarming rate. Being an officer is a tough job,but no one is above the Law. If we want injustice to stop,we need to change our laws that govern the officers,to make there jobs easier. Its as simple as that.

BTW,I used to "bash" officers,like those here have been doing. Those like Xcathdra,and a few other made me think in a different light. Its the Laws that have to be changed,and thats what everyone needs to understand.
edit on 17-9-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

If it wasn't an accident.

Here is where we need to discuss an important concept in law.
Its called “Intent”. Was there an Intent here to commit a crime and flee from the police, or was there no intent on their part? If there was intent, which there was, then its a crime not an accident.

Now, if I accidentally hit a cop car in a traffic accident, there is no intent, and no crime, as long as I was acting appropriately while driving.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
I hope the investigators test his shoes to see if she really ran his foot over, or if his partner did after the fact to cover his asp.

A pefect example of what ive been talking about... Thanks....

/end sarcasm

That lack of trust has been well earned by law enforcement officers.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I hope the investigators test his shoes to see if she really ran his foot over, or if his partner did after the fact to cover his asp.

A pefect example of what ive been talking about... Thanks....

/end sarcasm

That lack of trust has been well earned by law enforcement officers.

Respect begets respect. Respect is earned though.
edit on 17-9-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Oh yeah. I forgot it's always only when the person is resisting or at fault.

and as a bonus this is what it's like when someone is using a car as a weapon.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Intent of what? I don't think it can technically be called fleeing unless the cop can prove that she juts didn't drive off for any other reason. I know it isn't likely, but it can't be proven (ever now).

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Again.. you love making up facts, but there is no evidence she was using the car as a weapon.

Goodnight.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Vic,I could give you 1000 more bad cop videos. Then again I could have you watch 20 years of syndicated COPS,to see some very good ones. Its all how you perceive LEO's. Obviously you are jaded by the bad,and are unwilling to see any good. I suggest when you need the Police for a crime,dont call.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

reply to post by defcon5

Oh yeah. I forgot it's always only when the person is resisting or at fault.

...And guess what!
That will most likely go to court and the city will get sued.
As I said, cops do sometimes break the law as well, but they are the minority not the majority.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join