It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autopsy: Woman died from shot fired by deputy

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirTFiedSkeptic
post removed by staff

I know this might seem weird to u skeptic, but I just got out of bed because I couldnt sleep came here to this forum...and just had deja vu reading your post and yes your post was in my dream/deja vu i remember seeing your pic...wow this sooo weird...sorry
edit on Sun Sep 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

And all she had to do was stop. Just remember that.

Well... Would the same cop who shot her really stop to help her and make sure she got safely to the hospital??? Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
I hope one day someone or something declares war on this police state....V FOR VENDETTA!!!!

I would hold your breathe on that. I have a feeling this is all intentional. That the police are being made to dig their own graves to justify a national gestapo police force. A police force that will be more "accountable".

They are allowing mentally unfit people into the force and this is the end result. We need to be demanding better psych evaluations to weed out psychopaths and sociopaths. And perhaps even a national registry for said psychopaths and sociopaths(make them so scared of being outed that these people who are born evil stay in the shadows and away from positions of power).

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I suggest you watch that again and listen to why it happened: “when the officer tried to stop the man, he fled on his bicycle.” Remember, if you flee, they can do whatever is necessary to stop you within department procedure.

In related news: Little girl on scooter runs from cop as her mother told her never to talk to strangers. The police officer was instructed to do whatever is necessary to stop the fleeing suspect so he called in three squad cars and each bashed into the little girl from a different angle. She died moments later but no one cares because department procedure makes more sense than the life of a criminal with a scooter.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hey I think the majority of people know there are good cops too. But just like in politics, is it worth it to try and fix the good ones? Worry about the ones who are making the country worse.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by defcon5

I suggest you watch that again and listen to why it happened: “when the officer tried to stop the man, he fled on his bicycle.” Remember, if you flee, they can do whatever is necessary to stop you within department procedure.

In related news: Little girl on scooter runs from cop as her mother told her never to talk to strangers. The police officer was instructed to do whatever is necessary to stop the fleeing suspect so he called in three squad cars and each bashed into the little girl from a different angle. She died moments later but no one cares because department procedure makes more sense than the life of a criminal with a scooter.

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A Council Bluffs man faces several
charges after authorities say he hit a police officer with his car
while fleeing the scene of a shoplifting.

Police say 27-year-old Jonathan Chestnut was suspected of taking
items from a Lake Manawa store Friday night when he fled, striking
the officer. He was pulled over a short time later and, police say,
three children were in his car.

Chestnut was arrested on suspicion of attempted manslaughter, aggravated theft and three counts of child endangerment. He's being
held Saturday in the Pottawattamie County jail.

Iowa Man Charged After Police Officer Hit By Car

Paint them in a bad light,but there are good LEO'S doing a crappy job you only can comment on in a bad light. Thats not being objectionable. Thats being hypocritical. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
and as a bonus this is what it's like when someone is using a car as a weapon.

I suggest you watch that again and listen to why it happened:
“when the officer tried to stop the man, he fled on his bicycle.”

Remember, if you flee, they can do whatever is necessary to stop you within department procedure.

Alright, so it was within department procedures then? *phew*, I was worried for a minute there they might have done something wrong, glad to see it's clear! In that case, continue shooting and killing people then, as long as they make sure to stay within the guidelines they set!

Maybe they should add a clause in there that lets them do whatever they think is necessary at anytime, that way we would never have to question the cops again.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

that is a pretty horrible video.

so hes chasing down a kid, because he looked "suspicious" and then he tasered him, and ran him over.

i can see how that can be considered an accident, but does that mean the guy should be completely absolved of all guilt? drunks and reckless drivers accidentally kill people without the use of a taser, should they too be "disciplined" instead of charged with a crime?

no of course not, because its wrong.

right and wrong very simple concepts, and law enforcement above all should know the difference, and be held accountable for their actions.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Police are useing this "I felt my life was in danger" thing and stretching waaaay too far.

Thank the Lord cops weren't such wussies, always afraid, walking around like paranoid scitzo's with badges, when I was younger. I coulda been shot 12 times over for egging thier cars on Halloween, or accidentally turning around and facing a cop with my air rifle in the local sump, cause I was a dumb kid, but back then the cops knew us and we knew them, and they actually used tact instead of "shoot first ask questions later, cause I'm SCARED to DEATH of everyone!!!!, and my life IS ALWAYS in Danger!!!!. "

I'm sure throwing an egg at "todays new breed of beetch police" is considered use of a deadly weapon? and cops could execute a 12 year old for doing so in this 2010 US Police State, yes? and you and the broke footed chick who can't wear high heels anymore, aww poor thing (though we're all probably better off without seeing that anyway) would be ok with that?

Hey officer.....

If you don't wan't to risk your life everyday, and you can't handle what it takes to be a real cop. Don't sign onto the force.

yea cops always shoot for center mass, and never shoot out tires, or shoot guns out of criminals hands ect, this only happens in movies.......Or when a real cop shows up, and shows some actual thinking and skill instead of being a walking ball of fear with a gun.

I also saw a Texas Border Patrol deputy shoot out the tires of a drug smuggling pickup truck with a rifle from a helicopter on television 2 nights ago. Granted it was on a dirt road, no innocent bystanders around so no need to fear of a bystander getting hit ect.

Each situation needs to be handled differently, when you speak in Absolutes, like "only draw your weapon if your intending to kill someone".....(hmm now THAT phrase I HAVE heard in a movie before lol), then you have problems. Good cops don't think in absolutes, every scenario is different and should be dealt with differently depending on the circumstance...and imo, this "I felt my life was in danger" crap is getting old, retire if you always feel that way, cause really it's a cop out.

See what I did there? "cop-out"? heh.

Here's some more good "police work". No need for a Gun, no need for a Tazer, no need to take a life just cause someone doesn't follow your orders. Don't be scared. A scared cop is an accident waiting to happen.

edit on 18-9-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

I'm sure throwing an egg at "todays new breed of beetch police" is considered use of a deadly weapon? ]

I guess it depends on whether it is farm fresh or store bought.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I'm sure throwing an egg at "todays new breed of beetch police" is considered use of a deadly weapon? ]

I guess it depends on whether it is farm fresh or store bought.

lol, I could've made that into a good joke, aren't old school detectives reffered to as "hard-boiled"?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Lets replace the word women with criminal, as that is exactly what she was. A criminal ran over a police officers foot. A criminal fled the scene of the crime after running over his foot. A criminal was killed. Guess what? There is now one less criminal in jail. A public servant lives and a leech on society dies. Seems like a win-win to me. Let the angry comments commence.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by awfitz

I agree. The woman was a waste of human flesh. The fact that her idiotic decisions just now got her killed is funny to me. Now if only more idiotic human trash would do this we could save some tax money (because you know darn well scum like this live off the taxpayers). That's right ats'ers....you paid for this woman to remain a complete burden on society (well, those ats'ers that pay taxes that is......based on the level of ignorance around here I'm guessing a substantial portion of our membership is also nothing but suckling dependents on the tits of government)

I feel nothing for this dead, criminal scum. The only thing that ticks me off is why, oh why, couldn't the cop have shot both people in the vehicle? LOL.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Here is the police dash camera from that chase:

The officer was disciplined for not following procedure, but you can clearly see that this person was fleeing and the officer did not intentionally run him over...

What that dashcam doesn't show, is that the reason the kid fell off the bike to be run over in the first place is because the cop tazed him from the police car window while driving. So the cop was way in the wrong and should be charged with manslaughter and possibly murder as he had to figure the kid would go down and shouldn't be whipping the car around on him. The kid didn't just fall of the bike he was forced off and then run over.
edit on 18-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by awfitz

Yeah, but you are just one more person on the long list of people that don't read. The cop didn't know she was a criminal. She could have been anyone. You can't say "man, i'm sure glad she turned out to be a criminal and I didn't murder someone completely pure and innocent" and justify it. Well maybe you can, but that wouldn't say a lot about you.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by snarfbot

Yeah.. It's a nice thing the cops have going: The cops run over you, you die. You run over the cops, you die.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Self defence!

Self defence is justified when someone is under attack.

The moment the offender turns to flee, self defence is no longer justified.

Trial by Police in my view, not good for the citizens of America.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
like i said be4 cops are trained to act now that think late, I think that that way of thinking is ok in prison or during war, but during times of peice it should be the other way around, an they should hear both sides of the story and if thy are gonna arrest than then they need to arrest both individuals involved, not just the one that didnt get to the phone in time. The person who makes the call always leaves with out charges while the other spends the nigh in jail

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

yea cops always shoot for center mass, and never shoot out tires, or shoot guns out of criminals hands ect, this only happens in movies.......Or when a real cop shows up, and shows some actual thinking and skill instead of being a walking ball of fear with a gun.

That was done by a SWAT sniper using special equipment on a cleared and barricaded street during a standoff. Hardly the same as a normal officer caught flat footed in the middle of a scene full of pedestrians.

Texas Border Patrol deputy ...[snip]...
Granted it was on a dirt road, no innocent bystanders around so no need to fear of a bystander getting hit ect.

You answered your own question here...
edit on 9/18/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus
Alright, so it was within department procedures then? *phew*, I was worried for a minute there they might have done something wrong, glad to see it's clear!

I suggest you read the other posts about that before attempting to twist my words into something that was not said.
Where did i say what their department procedure was, or if it was okay, in that post?
Go watch the dash cam footage.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join