It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autopsy: Woman died from shot fired by deputy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'm really not so sure they are the minority. I mean just in this thread I've seen a cop that won't admit the cop from the story lacked judgement and would back him. I think that's wrong. Also the video I posted took less than a second to find on youtube and it's one of thousands of examples on the net. You always have to figure there are several more for every one we know about.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
and as a bonus this is what it's like when someone is using a car as a weapon.

I suggest you watch that again and listen to why it happened:
“when the officer tried to stop the man, he fled on his bicycle.”

Remember, if you flee, they can do whatever is necessary to stop you within department procedure.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Null point. Syndicated cops? Where the cops know they are being filmed at all times?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Uh huh.. and tazing the guy wasn't enough, he had to run him over to death?
Man, it really is crazy that you guys will defend this stuff.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

. Also the video I posted took less than a second to find on youtube and it's one of thousands of examples on the net.

You also need to understand something...
No one, no matter how guilty, ever admits their guilt. Youtube is used as a public soapbox for guilty people to try and convey their innocence and claim police brutality. You never see the person admit that they got an asswhoop'in because they fled or resisted arrest.

Its always everyone's fault but their own actions.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Uh huh.. and tazing the guy wasn't enough, he had to run him over to death?

Did he intentionally run the guy over, or did he fall off his bike under the moving car?

If you commit a crime, flee, then in the course of your flight are accidentally killed by the actions of the police who are attempting to stop you, then that's your own fault for fleeing to begin with. The same way that if you flee, and in the course of fleeing you kill someone else, even on accident, its considered a homicide.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here is the police dash camera from that chase:

The officer was disciplined for not following procedure, but you can clearly see that this person was fleeing and the officer did not intentionally run him over...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I hope one day someone or something declares war on this police state....V FOR VENDETTA!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here is what happened with the tazer case:

blogs.citypages.com...

The City of Minneapolis will pay Rolando Ruiz $75,000, and cover his legal fees, to settle his lawsuit against the city and Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan. As part of his deal, Ruiz will drop his lawsuit against the city and Dolan, but not against Officer Todd Lappegaard, who was fired in January.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Your post makes me sick...seriously.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Your post has no subject matter.

Never use a vehicle as a weapon. Fact.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Seriously,You are Jaded by your hatred. Its obvious.

I try to look at it with some sort of objectivity. Thats where you and me differ.

Have a good night.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
More:
blogs.citypages.com...

In January, Lappegaard was fired from the MPD. Ruiz has sued both the City and Lappegaard. Earlier this month, Ruiz settled with the city for $75,000, plus attorney's fees. But the case against Lappegaard still stands. The City Council referred the matter to the Office of Administrative Hearings, and Administrative Law Judge Manuel Cervantes said the City should drop Lappegaard like a hot potato. Here are some choice words from his recommendation:

Rather than deliberating on what was the reasonable thing to do under the circumstances, Respondent's hasty action makes clear what he wanted to accomplish, it was to punish Ruiz for the crime he had just committed against Respondent's co-worker's car. Respondent's act was malicious and in bad faith.[44] After seventeen years of experience as a police officer, Respondent knew this conduct was wrong, but acted against his better judgment anyway.

So the officer was fired for PUNISHING someone, and he is going to be personally sued over it.
As we have all said, police are not allowed to punish, only respond to their actions up to a level that allows them to be arrested.
edit on 9/17/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

As a weapon!?!? LOL My grandfather ran my foot over with a VAN yes i said a VAN that is alot heavier than a car when i was 14...I didnt cry about it, it only hurt for a second and he was backing out of a garage not fleeing going fast. If the cop thought it was an assault he is the biggest wuss in the world. But we all know cops and their excuses.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Your post has no subject matter.

Never use a vehicle as a weapon. Fact.

No subject matter, wow you must think your smart

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Great police officers.........

Man with warrant,high on crack,wonder how many people on this thread would do this.......

You know,All officers dont care............

I could give you more,but no one here wants to hear it. Too busy bashing,and not looking at anything objectively.

edit on 17-9-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

An escaped inmate is not usually going to be staying at a house where the police can pick them up later. Besides this, if the person keeps pulling the same antics every time she is cornered by police, she would keep getting away. Your system rewards people for resistance and makes a much more dangerous situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Oh that is very handy. I think hanging could be a good idea then, but personally I don't mind finding a place for them in hard labor, you know to build pyramids and such. Ha, but seriously I think the DP is fine for those with hard-core crimes. The person in subject however should have been one subjected to labor though. Have her Forcibly pay her way through her own life, while benefiting society.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

By the way, if you guys knew and understood how teh law would work you would know full well law enforcement has nothing to do with determining a persons guilt or innocence - thats up to the judicial system, which we do not work for.

Yeah, actually that is totally true. Cops don't actually care about what happened. I know someone who got into trouble not to long ago and when they were getting fingerprinted at the station they were asking the cop about what might happen in the future and the cop told the person that he didn't know and didn't care what would happen anyway. That just may be the problem. Cops should care about the community they protect and should always work for a win-win-win situation.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join