It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright unknown white object next to moon in australia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yup seen it too. I'm here in Central NY got home about 11PM and seen it at the lower left side of the moon at about the seven o'clock position. Just to make sure were looking at the same thing, it was bright and white, right?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Yes that planet was Venus that was so huge and bright in the Western sky last Summer. I can never remember a time I have seen a planet as big as I saw Venus setting over the water last Summer - we should be seeing it that bright in our skies again soon at night.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was up at about 4am this morning EST, I saw Jupiter as well. At first it had me baffled

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I was watching the moon rise last night, in close proximity to the moon was Jupiter, this was confirmed by the use of google sky. Planets generally are brighter than stars in the night sky.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

I believe I have seen one of these moving "stars". I was sitting on my porch talking with a neigbor and looked up in sky, there was a constellation of 3 stars in the form of an upside down triangle, and the bottom point, or star moved off to the south. I didnt think much about it the time, but think about and not sure what it was, but I guess it was most likely a satellite that had stopped at that particular location, then moved away on its course.

link   
reply to post by Chance321

Yeah im in Central NY as well, the object was Jupiter, as confirmed with Google Sky.

link   
reply to post by Chance321

Yes it is the same object. You in the Northern Hemisphere see Jupiter at the bottom left and we in the Southern Hemisphere view it at the top right of our Moon.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I can see it too really bright - I am in Melbourne. It is above and slightly to the right. Very bright, I was surprised.

So that s Jupiter huh! Cool. That dude is miles away! How exciting to see it with the naked eye. Wish I had a tripod, I would take a pic.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
IT'S NIBIRU!!!! HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!!

really though, It's Jupiter. And why do you need to create yet another thread? when a google search would tell you this.
I've said in at least 5 threads(not my own, but one is my own) that Jupiter is visible from now until December-ish...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You know this is kinda weird i noticed that to all the way from here in Vegas.. It seemed to be a brighter star, then the others, and it was exactly to the lower left of the moon.. I then noticed that the "star" was following the moon around, so i know i dont need my eyes checked..

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

your all verry great people for replying, its the brightest thing besides the moon, what ever it is its moving around the moon ech ight, different positions, will look into it further.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
IT'S NIBIRU!!!! HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!!!

really though, It's Jupiter. And why do you need to create yet another thread? when a google search would tell you this.
I've said in at least 5 threads(not my own, but one is my own) that Jupiter is visible from now until December-ish...

I never quite understand when people try to play moderator.. This forum is on its third page already so people feel the need to post here right? Dude not everybody hovers ATS and knows every single forum that has been created.. Let the man make a thread especially when people actually respond..

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

There's COUNTLESS threads that tell people to get stellarium. It's not even a matter of knowing where Jupiter is.
When you don't know something, look it up before making a thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I refer to this site a lot. Not sure if it needs to be adjusted to fit your locations but I think the Moon is the Moon no matter where you are on the planet, right?
Come to think of it, I never thought about that before. If there's a full Moon, is that seen globally? There's so much basic stuff I don't know.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Seen globally.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I am in the Eastern United States and I saw it at 6:15 this morning. I We actually have an Astronomy Club at work and I asked them and was told it was Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
def jupiter... i had my telescope out last night hoping something else would streak across the sky here in AZ. Jupiter is so clear right now i could make out the dust rings and stuff. 4 moons are visible right now too... i love astronomy!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I'm in NSW and also saw it; thought it might be Jupiter

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Okay, now I really wish I would have took the time last night to tear down my water proof housing and get my Nikon out. I was sitting outside about midnight smoking and looked up and saw an extremely bright white object below and to the left of the moon. I tried to snap a pic on my phone and I'll post it if I can figure out how. I was out smoking again about 3 am and the object was still in the same position relative to the moon, so I figured it had to be on the same orbital path as the moon since if it was a star or planet it wouldn't be keeping the same relative position.

I checked the oblect with a sexton and it did appear to be following the same orbit as the moon. I watched it until almost daylight and also noticed a smaller white object to the upper left of the moon that was proportional in distance from the moon to the other object. I'm in central Fl and am going to check tonight and see if I can see it, this time I'll have the camera out.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

edit on 16-9-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join