It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright unknown white object next to moon in australia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It was Jupiter - I was watching the Moon and Juptier rise together last night, Juptier rose @9.51pm and the Moon @ 9.55pm, Beautiful clear night sky (for a city's night sky, grrr
)
cheers Oz

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes, definitely Jupiter which isn't even as bright as it was about 6 months back but still grabs your attention even next to a full moon. Venus is much brighter but currently it's right next to the sun from an earthly point of view so it's really not visible except for a short time right after sunset with Saturn another hour behind it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Two nights ago my teenager came running in and said you got to look at something near the moon-it's a really bright star. I, in my ignorance, said it must Venus as that is usually the brightest star-like object I know of. I have now told them they saw Jupiter; the King planet.

So thanks for this thread, not everyone thinks of researching what they see, as they believe what they think. Does this make sense?
The bright object is lower left of Moon so that means I am in Northern Hemisphere.

Oh yes, I have 3 photos of it with a mobile phone-a good one. Does anyone know how to share photos?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
cardiff here and if it's jupiter it's incredibly bright! it almost looks like headlights in the sky! i took a pic the other night with my crappy phone because it was so bright but i have no idea how to upload it to here or i would.

i've also seen the 'moving stars'... sometimes up to 10 in a night because i go out watching the sky at night a lot, some change course, some "wibble", some go right across the night sky and fade out, and some just disappear. i have no idea what they are but they're not stars, they're not planes, and if a few of them were satellites, i know the rest couldn't be.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
it is jupiter.

download stellarium for your PC

this will show you what's in the sky

i.e. stars planets etc.

if it isn't on there, it is nibiru/elenin or somthing real bad!!

panic!!

to the last poster, i am near cardiff too, but havent seen these lights.

i am very interested in this tho, and will have a gander

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoatboy

Without a doubt it's Jupiter. I have been watching it all summer. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
Slightly off topic a bit, also in the last couple of years I've spotted what looks like moving stars, at least one every month, I know I'm not the only one too. These 'moving stars' arent the brightest 'star' in the sky or even close for that matter, so I'm pretty sure they are not satellites or the space-station, they dont move like UFO's either though, their velocity seems constant(they can move from one side of the horizon to the other in about 10 mins, but sometimes they just seem to disappear, no their not shooting stars lol) and they seem to be ridiculously high in the sky, they're not fighter planes(none that they've let the public know about anyway) and they are definitely not passenger aircraft. Due to the fact that they dont move like UFO's I'm leaning towards them being government craft that incorporate technology that they have yet to tell us about. Wish I had a nice telescope and camera to get some footage of them, I tried with iphone and video camera but they are too crappy to pick them up, in fact you can hardly see a single star through them at all, lol.

They are satellites. Usually they are not very bright and will sometimes disappear.

When you see them disappear, it is because they are reflecting sunlight and are suddenly eclipsed be the shadow of the Earth.

You can actually tell the approximate time by the angle that they disappear at.

I live in NSW near the Hawksbury and see them on a nightly basis due to having little light pollution in the area.

edit on 16/9/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The object Is jupiter, at the certain time of night it appears by the moon, then goes up from there, you can even take your telescope or binoculars and see the ring, barely.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I'm In New York Catskills and Have seen the same thing the last two nights. It is extremely bright.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maxximuus

Again it's Jupiter...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I saw that too, it was definately Jupiter!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
It's not 'unknown', it's Jupiter. Anyone who bothered to think and research for themselves could have found this out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join