It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Household objects you can eat to stay alive

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Your commentary was great.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by SemperGumby

reply to post by Versa

Buwahahahaha....

Dave...

This made me spit up my coffee.

You won't eat your cat but tell people to eat cardboard and soap.

MAN you'll be rolling on the ground crapping cardboard boxes dying while your cat watches and scratches a flea

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
By the time I could get hungry enough to eat my dog, her survival instinct would have long kicked in and she will have eaten me.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by ldyserenity

I had locusts before, chilli flavoured, those arent to bad either, although I wouldnt take my word for it as I like fish food

And chocolate covered ants and crickets lol

Actually have had both...a little crunchy but good...a heck of a lot better tasting than roaches and spiders...lol.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

Good point.

Good job we're the more devious species then...get the pet before the pet gets you.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
None of those things on the list save pet food, and not the fish kind, are anythign I would ever eat, even in survival. Nor would we eat our pets. Some, and only some insects may be eaten, but not quite sure about that.

Gardens and plants are good, foraging a bit. Sunshine and faith. And social justice, ie. the ones who have done this will be redistributing out of their bases willingly or by the will of huge crowds, military or not in the equation.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Place a large combat boot in a pot of boiling water. Make sure they aren't cheap plastic substitutes.
To this, add diced belt, cow hide is best.
If you're out of belt, leather gloves may be substituted.
Let simmer for several days to a week.

Season with wild onions from the remains of your yard.
Add grated tree bark.

Julienne socks should be added when boot begins losing it's shape.
Top with sauteed garden snails.

As a side dish, serve with paper plates and napkins. These may be rubbed on the oven grease before serving, or jellys and jams may be scraped from the bottom of the refrigerator for added flavour, if you want a great dessert.

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Fancy

This is why you need a woman around in a survival situation, I would have just eaten the boots BBQ style

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
From what I have heard eating pet food isnt so safe if it contains bone meal. I would probably go outside and try and scrounge dandelions and other edible yard greens before I ate dog food. If it was cold out I would try and scrounge some pine nuts or acorns. I do have some raw Shea nut butter for my skin and hair...on the label it says you can even eat it, lol. PLus I have quite the bb gun assortment and we get plenty of pigeons around these parts. I hear they taste like chicken when roasted.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Roasted pigeon is a delicacy in parts of Asia...But everytime it gets served at a restaurant, I prefer not to eat it...lol

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

You want to go through the rapture with dry skin

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
From what I have heard eating pet food isnt so safe if it contains bone meal. I would probably go outside and try and scrounge dandelions and other edible yard greens before I ate dog food. If it was cold out I would try and scrounge some pine nuts or acorns. I do have some raw Shea nut butter for my skin and hair...on the label it says you can even eat it, lol. PLus I have quite the bb gun assortment and we get plenty of pigeons around these parts. I hear they taste like chicken when roasted.

Yes I imagine that pigeons had a purpose, now I know what that purpose is!!! Oh and if you're a new yorker, take some chinese advice and hunt the sewer rats... heard they taste like chicken too...see some people say that living in the city is a bad idea, but not so, if you don't mind eating pigeons and sewer rats!!!! Even survivalists could use the city resources, it doesn't all have to be prairies and the great wide open!
ETA: I wouldn't eat my cat but I may fight him for that squirrel or bird he is trying to kill.

edit on 15-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: okay that was odd

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Pigeon, grey squirrel and rat, all proper nuked on the fire, rabbits are still abundant in the uk also. Plus for poshness duck, swan, goose and similar, although this last group wont last long with so many hungry people about. Theres quite alot of urban foxes now aswell, all these things could be found in the city and your gardens at various times, not exactly household items, but kind of as your garden is your house too. I have an apple tree and some veg beds that could be raided during the growing months, but this will no where near be enough lol slugs can be emptied out of their inards and the skin cooked and ate, snails aswell, but again i thing you have to know which bits?? im not sure if all snails are edible? will go google
edit on 15-9-2011 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2011 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

nobody ever starves in the desert ..

they just eat all the,, sand-which-is-there..

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Omg...I just peed a little.
No,.... really.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
they ate wallpaper paste and leather to survive winter in russia ww2 .
and for the toilet water drinker who posted here, dont drink water from the toilet

use what is in the cistern.
and for the person who suggested the water bed ,

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Another great "survival" tip, is to drink the water from the toilet, if all of the water-works suddenly go out in your house & you find yourself with no water, at all...

Apparently, toilet water is quite clean! (I wouldn't know for sure, having not tried it.......) I think inside bit of the toilet that is, rather than the actual bowl...

This is not a joke, by the way.

Well I know some dogs that have tried this!! More than once!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You guys are forgetting all those edible panties you bought back in the eighties that are still i n the bottom of the drawer.....OH! and all those tubes of flavored cream and lotions in the night table. Don't go crazy on the cinnamon one though...that stuff is hotter than a habanero hemmorhoid. And don't be alarmed, your tongue might glow in the dark for a few hours, but hey...it beats starvation.

What? You don't have any of that stuff? oh. uhm. (cough) me either

edit on 15-9-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Been a LOONNNNGGG time since I made a trip to spencer's for stuff like that. I have had no use for it since my divorce. So, no, I got none of that stuff left.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This man Michel Lotito will sadly be the last human alive!
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 15-9-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join