It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Household objects you can eat to stay alive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

No we want to eat belts!!! Acessorise your insides!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I can see eating pet food. I've tried my dogs' [Great Pyrenees] treats before and they're not that bad, although kinda tasteless. To me they have a mostly corn meal flavor. Although they are both over 100 lbs and would provide a lot of meat, I could never eat them. Well, guess I shouldn't say 'never', you don't know what you'll do to save your family till it comes down to it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by stonebutterfly

reply to post by LadySkadi

See Dave

You've started a run at Macy's shoe dept.
High heeled leather boots and pumps...

hmmm....

Pics ladies or it didn't happen!

edit on 15-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

You want pics of the ladies trying on shoes? Really startin' to worry me Slayer.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBeardRay

Eating toothpaste? Thats silly, I know on most of the toothpaste I see for sale there is a warning against ingesting too much. I assume thats due to the fluoride.

Think the warning is due more to the anti-freeze in the toothpaste than the flouride, since they flouride is still added to tap water??

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Instead of eating the cat (or dog) use the pet to help you hunt. One of my German Shepherd caught pigeons, the other one catches fish.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Just eat it eat it . best tread i have seen in a wile .
Ps dont eat the gold fish as they are poision
as for my Midnight she was the perfict wife . ready to get stuff from the frige and sat at my feet hoping for a chance to do it again.
Loved to hunt and thought we should do it some more . Always wating at the door to give me some tung .
And between her and my other wife she was the one who DID NOT cheat on me lolol
eat my dog NO way maybe my x now but being as how over weight she was probly get a heart attack from all the cholesterol

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
People eat cardboard all the time
- it is called cornflakes aka cereal.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Here is how to enjoy leather in style.
I wonder what Ramsay would say?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I believe the shoe Charlie ate was made out of liquorice.
Which gives me the idea of stocking up on edible underwear!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
Alive for how long

Im thinking a day or two before you get really really ill....

BTW they missed out PETS

if you've got pet food then you've got pets, and I'll be eating the cat before AIR
edit on 15/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

The PETA will get mad at you.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Why has noone here bought freeze dried foods for said situation?

I have several kilos of freeze dried meat and vegetables.

It smells like cardboard when you cook it, and tastes similar, but it will keep me alive while you lot are drinking toilet water and eating leather belts

For water, plenty of rainwater tanks over here, and pools.

Other than that - the humidity over here is awesome for collecting water. Setup tupperware containers ontop of eachother, liek one bowl ontop of another forming some basic ufo shape - find something to prop it open slightly - a twig, a stone, anything will work.

Check on it every few hours, pick it up give it a shake so the water settles at the bottom, transfer to another container. Setup the containers again for collection. definately wont collect enough for a shower or a bath, but will keep you alive.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

I didn't read through all 4 pages, but you need to know about toilet water.

The fill tank is fine to drink from UNLESS you have a drop in bleach tablet or similar.

The bottom part is never totally clean, meaning some of the waste water remains in the basin.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
Alive for how long

Im thinking a day or two before you get really really ill....

BTW they missed out PETS

if you've got pet food then you've got pets, and I'll be eating the cat before AIR
edit on 15/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

lol.. my thoughts exactly ! What happens to you after that leather belt ain't digesting that well ? Now you're probably in more trouble.

I don't know if I would be able to eat my best friend though

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I heard once that you can eat crocks. You know, the shoe? Okay, they don't look like shoes but they are. Come in many different colors, kinda like the fish food.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
4. Leather, Sounds ok, a bit like biltong I assume

Definitely not
If belts tasted ANYTHING like biltong i would have eaten belt many times while having munchies!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
When I was a teen, my neighbor and I decided to taste his cat's food. We ended up eating the whole Meow Mix box by the end of the movie we were watching!
It smelled like crap but was actually delicious.

Of course, no girls woulds have kissed us then...

As for eating air, once I was very hungry, but since I was in bed and tired, I decided to swallow air. After a few seconds, I felt it go through my bowels and ended up farting! It had taken less than 30 seconds! On a full stomach, it may be longer...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by davespanners

Honestly you should eat the roaches and spiders first more protien! Oh don't give me that "EWWWW" stuff if you only knew how much of that you already consume!
Not to mention so much rat turds they allow in your food...there is this wonderful houseplant that makes a very good meal Amaranth It's beautiful to look at and makes a grain that is very fullfilling. So yes, if you know the right houseplant to have!!!!

Ahh Love lies bleeding a fitting plant to ingest when ones gazing into oblivion.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Traditionally processed leather can be eaten. In our early history mountain men on occasion had to eat leather to survive. If you think about it, leather is skin. not exactly the most nutritious thing you can put in your body but you could put of starvation for a while.

Don't eat belt leather or boot leather because of the tannic acid inside it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wow, what a great thread to have going, not exactly sound advice for fine cuisine, but damn funny. Gave me a case of the chucks.

I've tried the dog treats and I gotta say, they don't taste as bad as they smell. And for the life of me, I can't distinguish all the flavors they claim to come in. Maybe the pooches have more refined taste buds.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
Wow, what a great thread to have going, not exactly sound advice for fine cuisine, but damn funny. Gave me a case of the chucks.

I've tried the dog treats and I gotta say, they don't taste as bad as they smell. And for the life of me, I can't distinguish all the flavors they claim to come in. Maybe the pooches have more refined taste buds.

I thought I was the only one who ate Winalot as a child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join