It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Household objects you can eat to stay alive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Heres a nice little page that I came across today Link

The 9 "objects" although when I'm not sure they qualify as "objects" exactly are

1. Pet food,
Pretty obvious I guess and I have always wanted to try fish food especially, it looks yummy in all its colours

2. Waste
No not that kind, it means left over food you have trashed

3. Houseplants. Hmm I imagine that some house-plants are poisons so I dont think Im going to try it

4. Leather, Sounds ok, a bit like biltong I assume

5. Oven Grease
I would have to be pretty desperate for this one

6. Toothpaste (although in the article itself it says you shouldnt eat toothpaste in large amounts) so maybe better as an accompaniment to your belt

7. Cardboard, Well who hasnt eaten the odd bit of cardboard now or then?

8. Soap. I dont really imagine that you could keep that down.

9 Air

So it looks like I'm going to be stocking up on fishfood and belts for the rapture

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Only a few of these items have nutrients sufficient enough to keep a human alive.

Good try though.
edit on 15-9-2011 by atoptreetops because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Alive for how long

Im thinking a day or two before you get really really ill....

BTW they missed out PETS

if you've got pet food then you've got pets, and I'll be eating the cat before AIR
edit on 15/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

link   
Eating toothpaste? Thats silly, I know on most of the toothpaste I see for sale there is a warning against ingesting too much. I assume thats due to the fluoride. I don't think I'll be eating my toothpaste. Some of them are better then others obviously.

+5 more 
link   
reply to post by Versa

Noooooo.

Leave mah kitty alone, I would rather starve

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Belts....they're having a used belt sale at Salvation Army.
Alright!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hmmmm....

Don't know why this one didnt make the list... It should be number 10...

You can also munch on the carpets sitting around in your home...

What?! haha

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just to show I am on the cutting edge of research here I just tried a few fish flakes.....

As I thought YUM!

As for munching carpet......

edit on 15-9-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Out of hunger desperation I stopped
at a strange looking restaurant in the
desert once - I know my burger was
leather - so I've tried that, ick!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Wouldn't be be better to just stock up on extra FOOD now? Or learn to fish, hunt, farm, maybe a little old fashioned gathering? As long as I have a fishing pole and some snare wire, I will not be hungry enough to eat any of the stuff on your list. Maybe the dog treats,

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Another great "survival" tip, is to drink the water from the toilet, if all of the water-works suddenly go out in your house & you find yourself with no water, at all...

Apparently, toilet water is quite clean! (I wouldn't know for sure, having not tried it.......) I think inside bit of the toilet that is, rather than the actual bowl...

This is not a joke, by the way.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Another great "survival" tip, is to drink the water from the toilet, if all of the water-works suddenly go out in your house & you find yourself with no water, at all...

Apparently, toilet water is quite clean! (I wouldn't know for sure, having not tried it.......) I think inside bit of the toilet that is, rather than the actual bowl...

This is not a joke, by the way.

Use the water in your hot water heater instead. Got a water bed?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Alright, now you got me looking around my house to see what edibles I can find.

Down feathers? Natural sponge? Orange glow cleaning products...? Woven baskets?

Bingo, organic cosmetics! I have a cucmber mask, chocolate mask, papaya apricot cleansing cream, and carrot oil hair mousse too! I have sugar and olive oil scrub

Dead flies in my dust buster, ants on the counter. Rice paper.

I feel so survivalist now! Thanks OP, I'm set!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I sure hope you are a woman. I really can't imagine a man owning that stuff.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Honestly you should eat the roaches and spiders first more protien! Oh don't give me that "EWWWW" stuff if you only knew how much of that you already consume!
Not to mention so much rat turds they allow in your food...there is this wonderful houseplant that makes a very good meal Amaranth It's beautiful to look at and makes a grain that is very fullfilling. So yes, if you know the right houseplant to have!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

8. Soap. I dont really imagine that you could keep that down.

I wouldn't recommend eating soap. Most will react like a natural laxative. You'll poop yourself to death and be dehydrated.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

While we are at it..

What about eating wall-paper when we have run out on toilet-paper?

I will never eat my cat...rather eat the one from my neighbour.

It is not from inside the house but what about the ducks from the nearest pond? Although they are not from Peking who cares what language they speak.

But seriously...It is unimagineable what we are prepared to eat when true hunger sets in. Stuff we would never ever consider to eat will be on the menu.

It would be interesting to know how the working of the mental/fysical craving comes about and will make you eat anything....anybody? (I mean..not eat anybody but if somebody has an explanation about how we become desperate enough to eat anything....and maybe anybody
)

edit on 15/9/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
water may be clean going into a toilet

but the stuff that goes into a toilet will kill you

for cyrying outl oud if you want to die from disease by all means drink toilet water.

hots tubs pools and water heaters hell i suggest everone have a rain water collection system

filter it then boil it or just use it to flush the toilet after the water gets shut off.

id alos rather eat a cat or dog before i eat their food but that day will never come.

mountain house and yodders and mres i have plenty off.

and when all else fails spam for me that keeps for years
edit on 15-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I had locusts before, chilli flavoured, those arent to bad either, although I wouldnt take my word for it as I like fish food

link   

Leave mah kitty alone, I would rather starve

I get that you love your cat and that, i do...i loved my dog..so much i use his name as my nic to 'keep him around' kinda...but would you really rather starve than eat your cat? Really?

People would eat *anything* to survive if they got desperate enough, when you're so starving, not a week or two without much to eat kinda starving, but *really* starving to death...you would eat kitty you know.

I've often thought about this...and even though i loved my dog, i accept that i would have eaten him and fed him to my family to keep them alive...wouldn't have enjoyed doing it, and it would have probably haunted me forever...but i would have done it all the same. I'd probably eat a lot worse things too, if i were starving enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join