It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted my Facebook. Again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

This site is alright though. I can be as off the wall as I want and still there are more folks in here way more effed up than than me.

Actually, we are all pretending to be effed up. We are trying to make you feel better. Just playin'.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

i wouldnt doubt it
it makes sense that all medias would have forms of subliminal messaging that we cant even comprehend..

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Exactly I had alot of activity on my account until I started speaking my mind and expressing my true self. I wasn't rude or anything and didn't do anything to portray myself as crazy. But if you did anything to go against the norm you were instantly ignored by everyone.

The only thing Facebook has taught me is how different I am from the general populace. Even from people I once thought to he good friends.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

Exactly I had alot of activity on my account until I started speaking my mind and expressing my true self. I wasn't rude or anything and didn't do anything to portray myself as crazy. But if you did anything to go against the norm you were instantly ignored by everyone.

The only thing Facebook has taught me is how different I am from the general populace. Even from people I once thought to he good friends.

That happened to me as well with my old friends. Started up my facebook and found my old friends. But then.....it changed. I suddenly started realising that my friends dont care about the things i have to say and i dont care about when they drank thier Jamba juice.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by metaldemon2000

This site is alright though. I can be as off the wall as I want and still there are more folks in here way more effed up than than me.

Actually, we are all pretending to be effed up. We are trying to make you feel better. Just playin'.

Well thats effort torwards a posotive way of feeling at least...so i condone

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Old77

I had a date a while back and from the moment we sat down at the table she could not stop texting. I could not take it, I excused myself and left, yes, left her sitting at the table. I just wonder how long it took her to realize that I was no longer there, luckily for her we had not ordered yet.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

i know how you feel, its not in every way but the important theoligical ways..
people are just so ignorant

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It never ceased to amaze me on how some of crap people posted about themselves would actually idolize them to their friends. Posting screwed up stuff about their lives and having online drama and yet they were instant Facebook heros. Point out their flaws or stupidity though and you would be attacked by hordes of morons. If I posted something I was outraged about like a wrongdoing in society people would either ignore it or lash out at me. Is there something I am not getting lol.

I felt mad at the world when I went on Facebook.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Old77

I had a date a while back and from the moment we sat down at the table she could not stop texting. I could not take it, I excused myself and left, yes, left her sitting at the table. I just wonder how long it took her to realize that I was no longer there, luckily for her we had not ordered yet.

hahaha i wonder what she tweeted....
ive never let it effect a date, but when friends do it i steal their phone and run away

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Old77

AH!! Ha that made me laugh because i feel the same way. How incredibly rude it is, ESPECIALLY the first date.

Might as well have said "Hi im a zombie goo goo ga ga, can we gossip?"

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

reply to post by Old77

hahaha i wonder what she tweeted....
ive never let it effect a date, but when friends do it i steal their phone and run away

I drew the line on twitter early in the game. Never once tweeted, nor do i have an account. I couldnt even begin to imagine the dark nights sitting in front of the screen.....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It never ceased to amaze me on how some of crap people posted about themselves would actually idolize them to their friends. Posting screwed up stuff about their lives and having online drama and yet they were instant Facebook heros. Point out their flaws or stupidity though and you would be attacked by hordes of morons. If I posted something I was outraged about like a wrongdoing in society people would either ignore it or lash out at me. Is there something I am not getting lol.

I felt mad at the world when I went on Facebook.

My best friend and I were recently having a conversation about that. Some of the things that people post are beyond me. I understand that its our right to talk about what we wanna talk about, but i dont think its a great idea to be telling the world about your breakups, family deaths, financial issues etc. Immedietally become a target and people dont realise it. Least from what i have seen

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

same ive only ever used myspace and facebook..twitter never appealed to me
i really think that ats members should band together and spread the word about social networking. it really shouldnt have a place in society..
its inevitable that the info we are putting on there is going to bite us in the bum when the government chooses to screw the population and take full control

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

same ive only ever used myspace and facebook..twitter never appealed to me
i really think that ats members should band together and spread the word about social networking. it really shouldnt have a place in society..
its inevitable that the info we are putting on there is going to bite us in the bum when the government chooses to screw the population and take full control

I agree with you. what sucks though is that once man creates something it likes, it stays.

We humans always find a way. Just like hard drugs, or underage drinkers. Advise to stay away/not use though? Im completely down for that.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
When I joined facebook, I allowed one friend from high school who then added me to his account. Next thing I know I was getting multiple emails into my separate mail account with hundreds of email addresses in the "to" bar. essentially, every person I knew in my childhood many of which I have no idea who they are. I received emails from previous high school people. The worst part is their tracking of your ip address. Also; Facial recognition software on facebook is serious business. Post your photo? oops, now they use software on that pic that can recognize you putting your name with it. If rumors are correct, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if those pics and that software is being used in a Federal database. To help search for ...well...you get the idea. Anyway I had to let that email account go, and deleted facebook. If you value privacy even just a tiny bit you will stay away from all of those social networking sites. They are dangerous to your privacy without a doubt.
Good move keep it gone...it will not help you one bit

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

O yea: . star for you! That is one of the best posts I have read in a while. Simply sweet. I often wonder if people really have so much to talk about that is so important as to annoy another person repeatedly. do you think your date got the point? Or is that person still sitting there at the table unaware you are even gone, just texting away?
Very good indeed. Love it!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

I could not tell you.
Never had contact with her again after that.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm glad you finally disconnected. Now be prepared for the aftermath.

A number of "friends" will be offended. They've taken Facebook to be an extension of themselves. So if you don't want a part of that extension, you don't want any part of them.

A number of people will ask you where you've been. They will tell you things like you dropped off the face of the planet. They'll ask you if something's wrong. And if you tell them that there isn't, you just didn't want a facebook account anymore, then there is something wrong with you. And their feigned concern of just a few seconds ago will turn into, "something's wrong with this guy, I'm avoiding him".

People will have conversations in the real world about stuff they posted on their facebook account. When you have no clue what they are talking about and don't join in on the conversation, YOU seem anti-social. Furthermore, people will wonder why you haven't congratulated them on getting a new job, or gave them condolences for a death in the family. They know you deleted your account. But after they go through the list of "friends" at the end of the day who said anything, they won't see your name, and it will offend them.

People will ask you why you weren't at the party. "I invited everyone! Why didn't you come?" Maybe it's because they didn't invite everyone. Maybe because "everyone" to them is their Facebook friends.

------------------------------

A month ago I was trying to mess with my Facebook privacy settings. I was tying to allow friends to post on my wall, without anyone seeing what they posted except for me. I asked the woman I was seeing, who I was living with, to tell me if she could post on my Facebook wall. I told her why. She got severely offended, thought I was hiding something, and stopped being my Facebook friend.

Months earlier, I was posting a random countdown on my facebook wall for kicks. After it hit zero, I didn't sign in to Facebook. A friend continued the countdown on my wall as a joke. After a week of that a friend from another social circle ridiculed her for acting like a "groupie". This started a huge fight on my Facebook wall which I had no knowledge of. I ended up being informed of this through a text, and had to sign on just to delete posts and "unfriend" people. Afterwards, upon seeing this name-calling friend, she asked me about the mental I.Q. of some of these people I'm "friends" with.

Just recently I posted a video that even had a thread on ATS associated with it. Man Faces Life in Jail For Redording Police
No one replied, no one commented on it, no one "liked" it. A few days later I posted something along the lines of eating Pizza. Lots of replies. Lots of "likes".

------------------------------

I've now deleted all of my friends from my account. I have one wall post which reads: "I don't use Facebook much. If you'd like to get in touch with me you can call me at xxx-xx.... or email me at xxxx@xxxxx...". All notifications that I could care about go to an email address. So when people ask me if I have a Facebook I can still say yes. Because we all know that if I said "no", chances are these people wouldn't talk to me again. Not they would anyway! Once a Facebook friend, people don't have to actually talk to you anyway!

Social networking. Right. Sitting at home alone staring at a screen, is the farthest thing from social I've ever heard.

Do yourself a favor. Call people. Don't rely on people which are still stuck on that garbage excuse for real life to call you. You're practically dead to them, whether they know it or not.

Posted by someone who has quit Facebook 2 times already with at least a year of not being on Facebook in between.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great. So long as you understand that ATS is every bit the social networking website that Facebook is; just packaged differently and directed at a more focused target audience.

Me? I find Facebook has allowed me to reconnect with people I otherwise would not have, and it makes scheduling social events with friends much easier. I give it two thumbs up.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I would agree with you in saying that ATS being a social networking site of some sort, but I definitely wouldn't go comparing it to facebook.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join