It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted my Facebook. Again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have never had a facebook account. I had a myspace account over 7 years ago but abandoned it very soon because I was not bemused by the banter and "invites" I constantly received. Most of it was self-promoting and not personal. When facebook opened itself up to the general public (i.e. you did not need a college e-mail address to join) I opted out.

Now, fast forward to 2011, I am 27 years old. I genuinely believe that all of my friends including acquaintances have a facebook page. That is, I haven't come across one yet. I have been left out of parties with good friends because they forget I am not on there. Halfway through said parties, according to friends, people will ask where I am and no one knows. When I am at a party and I meet someone new one of the things that inevitably comes up is "Are you on facebook?" Queue my miniaturized version of why I don't feel like anyone should have record of my thoughts/whereabouts/actions/etc.......

I guess my point is that I have been left out of the loop in more than a few instances but I still treasure and value my privacy. I have a very active social life and can count on more than 10 fingers my close friends. I regularly google myself and am happy to see no pictures of me on google images or personal information in the results.

I don't push my views on anyone else, but if they ask why I am against it, I will say that I just don't feel comfortable with adding myself and much about me to a database. And in short I think I am that much richer with the friends I have because of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I've deactivated and reactivated my facebook about 3 times now. For some reason I can't get rid of the damn thing, most because I want to keep in contact with friends since I have no phone. I'm trying to get rid of it again though by taking baby steps. I've deleted 90 percent of my friends so I only have 20-something left that I talk to. I really hate wasting my time on social networking sites and the computer in general.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Used to lurk om Facebook
Yes I still have an account
But since I found ATS..Here I sit

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Those people who are offended are the ones you shouldn't be talking too anyway...

Who really needs people who cannot advance in life but just want to talk about crap that was boring 50 years ago ??

It is like continuing to drink and party just because we have always done it...man be HAPPY to lose those people,, they are nothing more than robots at this point...

ENJOY THE FREEDOM...GAIN STRENGTH FROM IT !!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join