It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted my Facebook. Again

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I finally did it again;. I deleted the damned thing permanetaly once and for all. Deleted it once before only to re-activate it to plan a bachelor party.

So what im saying is.....facebook is making life inconvenient. EVERYone who isnt everybody else uses it, and if you wanna connect and coordinate, then facebook is the way to go.

But i wont do it. No way am i letting any employer look and see at what i have written in the past few years. Not that i have written bad things, but its none of his business. Goodness this is more like a rant but not really.

In the end i just wanted everyone to know that my will was on fire earlier and that i feel like a champ.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Good work,
Facebook is a waste of time and just massages peoples ego...

Have yet to actually delete mine yet, although I have left it very bare.
Glad to say I hardly even go on there anymore, as all my time wasting is now done on ATS.

edit on 15-9-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

Yea i deleted mine a while ago then for some stupid reason i reactivated it. you think that your missing out on something, but your not. its the same inane stuff every day and i think i might just do the same as you mate.
well done.

link   
Even after having just posted all this, i still find myself typing "facebook.com" into the damned address bar.

Its seriously burned into my skull.

link   

good work mate
these social networking sites are bogus plagues that are damaging society..
i wish people would realise but they seem to love it

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mthgs602
I finally did it again;. I deleted the damned thing permanetaly once and for all. Deleted it once before only to re-activate it to plan a bachelor party.

So what im saying is.....facebook is making life inconvenient. EVERYone who isnt everybody else uses it, and if you wanna connect and coordinate, then facebook is the way to go.

But i wont do it. No way am i letting any employer look and see at what i have written in the past few years. Not that i have written bad things, but its none of his business. Goodness this is more like a rant but not really.

In the end i just wanted everyone to know that my will was on fire earlier and that i feel like a champ.

congrats hope you break the addiction. it is a sad state that people cant function without their social media and junk.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix

Yea i deleted mine a while ago then for some stupid reason i reactivated it. you think that your missing out on something, but your not. its the same inane stuff every day and i think i might just do the same as you mate.
well done.

Thats exactly it. I always have this constant "Ooh do i have any notifications?" Blah blah blah....

Funny things is i never post anymore, so there really is no reason at all for me to want to check it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Refreshing to see someone do something on principal alone.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
never had one and never will.

i find collecting ' friends' shallow and no social website is gonna get my details....wait..... ats will have them and my bank and cell phone company and my newspaper and my work place.........meh i give up lol

edit on 15-9-2011 by wedidgothacked because: spolling

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
thanks for the support. That sounds so funny because its just Facebook but its true. The only zombies that modern day society will see are the future youth. Imagine a world without actual audible words. just the clickety click of a smart phone, the ping of a notification.

What is happening

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Even after having just posted all this, i still find myself typing "facebook.com" into the damned address bar.

thankyou for the inspiration!
i just deleted mine finally..

i know what you mean. ive tried to stop using is but your always drawn back to it..
good luck on your quest.

but a question to everyone
what makes facebook and other social networks so addictive?
it has to be something because everyone knows the power it can have..
edit on 15-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I've de-activated my account, havent quite got round to deleting it yet but will do. On the other hand have you noticed the insidious way it is affiliated with pretty much every brand out there, it's like we have our own website for brand x but hey you can find us at FB, why ?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

thankyou for the inspiration!
i just deleted mine finally..

i know what you mean. ive tried to stop using is but your always drawn back to it..
good luck on your quest.

but a question to everyone
what makes facebook and other social networks so addictive?
it has to be something because everyone knows the power it can have..
edit on 15-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

Hey no problem. thanks for the support!

But i completely agree with you. Every since myspace started.....i really truly couldnt give you a logicaly sound answer. My GUESS is super advanced subliminal messaging.

lovefacebookusefacebookfacebookisgodtellyoursecretsbankaccountnumberslovefacebookusefacebookfacebookisgod ha ha im crackin up

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
I've de-activated my account, havent quite got round to deleting it yet but will do. On the other hand have you noticed the insidious way it is affiliated with pretty much every brand out there, it's like we have our own website for brand x but hey you can find us at FB, why ?

I always wonder about that too. Everywhere i go i see that damned blue F. Go to the store, going to work, lookin at my phone, eatin a banana, usin the head.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Why would you ever want to opt out of the Governments best intelligence gathering tool yet? What is with all this crazy talk? Are you un-American? Are you a terrorist maybe? I'm tellin' Big Mom Napolitano. Pretty soon you are gonna tell us that Aspartame is the feces from Ecoli Bacteria... (It's not you know, so don't Google it. Google lies, even though it is another Government tool. Wouldn't you like to be a Government tool too? Hmm?)

We had better get you in for some re-education quick.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I did myspace when I was 17-21 and was never addicted like I see people now. I made a Facebook for my blog but few came when I would announce new material that was posted. None of the people are even really friends just people I added to get hits on my blog for google adsense $.

I think me never having many friends was the reason I never was largely addicted to Facebook nor will you find me txting at the dinner table anywhere in public. It destroys communication between people in public and is frankly annoying. I have been in interviews where the boss is picking up his phone during the interview or answering txt/email on phone... I mean come on..I am 25 and frankly find it disgusting how far off the cliff technology has driven some people.

Now...wives or husbands being able to talk to their loved ones over sea's like with skype or other media outlets..well... thats pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena

Why would you ever want to opt out of the Governments best intelligence gathering tool yet? What is with all this crazy talk? Are you un-American? Are you a terrorist maybe? I'm tellin' Big Mom Napolitano. Pretty soon you are gonna tell us that Aspartame is the feces from Ecoli Bacteria...

We had better get you in for some re-education quick.

Bahhh....let me just get back in line...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000

Just my 2 cents but let's use the logic put here in this thread:
People think FB is for losers who have no life
No lifers use it to get a life or reasonable facsimile
To do that they have to stay trendy
Commerce is alive and preying well!
btw, yes that's what I do on FB and other sites - network for profit.
end trans

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I deleted that garbage awhile back. Some people were actually mad at me for doing it. Too funny.

I originally thought I could use FB to connect with people who have like interests. I found out through much trial and error that I'm probably too different for this. So after many posts of people saying my music was weird and my thoughts were off the wall I closed the damn thing.

This site is alright though. I can be as off the wall as I want and still there are more folks in here way more effed up than than me.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
I deleted that garbage awhile back. Some people were actually mad at me for doing it. Too funny.

I originally thought I could use FB to connect with people who have like interests. I found out through much trial and error that I'm probably too different for this. So after many posts of people saying my music was weird and my thoughts were off the wall I closed the damn thing.

This site is alright though. I can be as off the wall as I want and still there are more folks in here way more effed up than than me.

Yeah, that was was one of my big things too. At first i thought it was about speaking your mind, but that was not the case. I would get more of a silent treatment than anything really. Felt there was no need to waist my time anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join