It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Doppelgänger just ruin my relationship?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I can see your future eharmony profile right now: enjoys long walks on the beach, and gas lighting old women.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

If you're still around, I have a few questions...What kind of injuries do you have, and are you taking any medications at all? Have you noticed any of your belongings out of place?

Btw, why has everyone decided that this guy is guilty of cheating? If he is, he's pretty stupid, not waiting until his girlfriend was gone to visit the neighbor. I haven't seen evidence of anything, to be honest. Maybe the girlfriend made the whole thing up, maybe she had a hallucination, or, due to bad eyesight, got a stranger confused with this guy. Maybe he was sleepwalking? It seems like the most logical explanation, especially since there's a history of it. It's true that people can perform complex actions while they're asleep, even things like changing clothes and walking around outside.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

His claim is that he kicked his girl out of the house making her wait for her ride outside.... where she saw him 10 minutes after she went outside, going over and into his "ex" bang buddies house....

his defense was that someone that looks exactly like him, dresses exactly like him, has the same injury as him, went over to his exes house....not him...

If you want to believe that...

most reasonable people would think he got horny, waited until he thought his girlfriend was gone and then went over for a booty call...

Sure,innocent until proven guilty....

But right now, we are using... Common sense.

edit on 14-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Damn, those doppelgangers! In fact thats genious..why I never thought about it? "Darling, it wasnt me, it must have been my doppelganger".

But seriously, I feel for you. I have had the same kind of situation and its frustrating at least! Hope your girlfriend believes you..just dont tell her it was a doppelganger!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

well if you didn't do it, and you get dumped, you might as well head over to the neighbors! self fulfilling prophecy FTW!

or it could be evidence of an infinite loop where your girlfriend had a time slip and saw you go over there, which causes her to break up with you, which causes you to go over there. yeah, that's probably what happened, einstein be damned.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
She was able to describe what I was wearing and I own the clothes in question

These presumbaly being the clothes she saw you wearing just a few moments before?

Or are you saying that the person she saw was wearing completely different clothes to the ones she knew you were wearing? In which case, why did she think it was you?

Bearing in mind it was very late at night and she was presumably some distance away else she'd have said something.

Maybe she is the one who is lying?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Although...my own mother almost beat a stranger outside of the subway when I was a kid because she was certain it was me smoking

LOL...

OP - Are you sure you don't have a sleepwalking problem or something of that sort? Given you have a history with said neighbor, and you were knackered (so fell asleep easily/quickly) could it not be that you somnambulated over to your nabe's place for real? Without being aware of it?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Geeze you would jump to the conclusion that you must have a doppleganger rather than admit that you got caught out in the act?

If you can't remember then it may be that you were so tired you can't remember much or you could have sleep walked even for the first time.

Whatver it was blaming a doppleganger just is a bit desperate and makes you sound pretty crazy im afraid. Sorry I don't mean to be rude but this does just seem so typical of someone wanting to tell a story on ats and so add a crazy incident that didn't happen. Or in this case a mundane inccident with a wild explanation. Is your gf on ats and you just desperately want to convince her that you have 'no idea' what she saw because you wern't with the other women. Must have been you doppleganger then ey? ITs the only explanation where you don't get in trouble!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Saying its doomed to end anyway because you are both typical scorpio and gemmini is madness! If you label yourself like that ofcoarse you will feel and start to act how you have lavbelled yourself. All kinds of different and similar people attract. Don't doom it because of silly star sign meanings.

Either you gotta realise that you sleep walked or something else (no there was not a dobbleganger involved) and hope she understands whats happened.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i dont believe in the doppelganger story but...

But there is a simple possible explanation

Your girlfriend maybe lied and instead of facing you and look like the mean one ,telling you face to face she want to break up with you, she just decided to lie and accuse you of cheating on her, makin her the innocent victim.

So, if we see it in the situation, she just found the perfect plan
You cant defend yourself because

1/ she accuse you and even if you confront her with your ex telling you wasnt with her that night
2/ your actual girlfriend can actualy say you and your ex planned to lie

Anyways seem to be clear

She dont want to be with you anymore and just lied , telling you cheated on her with your ex so she dont look like the mean one , and at the same time she can walk away without feeling any guilt

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

A good point. People can be pretty inventive when getting rid of a partner. Image is important, lots of questions are going usually generated by breakup and one person always ends up being demonized. Perhaps she cheated on the op and wanted to turn the tables around before she got caught.

OP did you notice a difference in her behaviour in the last few days/ weeks?? This is a good indicator. Women have a harder time with breakup than men usually. Some will do some pretty strange crap during this process.

Either way a suggestion for you OP. Www.plentyoffish.com

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If you girlfriend is that dumb, then you should dump her.
She sounds like a paranoid psycho. Get away before she starts poisoning your food, then eatting your ashes after you die. Freakin weirdo.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

She already dumped him. Either way its over.

One thing I hadn't considered. Perhaps she is schizophrenic or on mind altering drugs.

One things for certain. If she's banging someone a couple days from now it should be pretty clear to the OP what has transpired here.

And if you need further explanation to what I'm saying ill say it in song:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

Lol eating your ashes after you die! That is classic lol:

I also looove tattood gals as well

edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The story sounds strange but if I want to cheat on my girlfriend with my neighbour then why let my girlfriend wait outside for the ride? Just let the taxi ring the door bell or if this isn´t possible wait with her outside to be 100% sure she is gone. This makes no sense to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
reply to post by wavemaker

Interesting, was he wearing the exact same clothes when you were on the phone with him?

Yes. I saw him in the morning wearing the same dress that he actually wore that day even though he didn't go to the office.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
some times in malls i see guys get ditched and then the couple walk away but every now and then there are these people who look like the guy or girl and come up and try to act like the other guy or girl i dont know why only seen it the strangest part is they look so much alike you do a head spine looking to hte other who left

but your story sounds more like your a liar and suck at it bandages dont men the hand is wounded

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Aparently eatting a persons ashes is a thing. Ewww is all I can say.

You are better off with out her anyway brother!
I though Doppelganer's were not at the same place at the same time as the other person anyway. Like "I saw you at that party the other night" but really you were no where near there type of thing. Anyway, good luck on finding a new woman, and non psycho one at that!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53
reply to post by clintdelicious

Aparently eatting a persons ashes is a thing. Ewww is all I can say.

They go down better in a tea...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Just speaking about astrology signs, Scorpios are pretty paranoid. Geminis like to make things up. I speak from experience. My sister is a Scorpio and my niece is a Gemini. They don't like each other!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join