It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Doppelgänger just ruin my relationship?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Great thought! To add- maybe he walked away when she didn't answer her door and by the time the girlfriend came to knock, he moved on to somewhere else before returning home.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Alright got all the smartass outta my system.

My bet is your girl saw what she wanted to, maybe she saw a similar looking neighbor or something.

On the doppelganger note I have seen examples of this, My younger brother has a picture of some arab guy in a turban that is the exact same as him, down to a birth mark on his cheek, My dad found it online and couldn't stop laughing cause it looked like my brother, even had the similar style glasses as him. (I would post the pic and my bros, but I don't think hed want me posting his pic online.)

So i don't know maybe, I doubt it, but maybe.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
People who have not seen doppelgangers will not believe you. I just happened to have seen one and hence I can say that there is a probability that it might indeed be your doppelganger that your gf have seen.

Here is my story on the doppelganger that I have seen. It's the start of the day in the office and I saw my officemate a few meters in front of me get into our cubicle while I decided to go to the restroom first. As usual in our office, everyone has a meeting in the morning and is expected to be out of the cubicle at that time. Then around lunch time, my officemate called and said that he can't go to the office that day because he is going somewhere. So I told him that I saw him in our office in the morning and even described what he was wearing. He was shocked to learn that I was able to describe what he was wearing that day but he said that he did not go to the office that day. I think he went to the church after I told him that I saw him in our office.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I only had sleepwalking episodes in boot camp and they were pretty interesting. The thing is the shirt I was seen to be wearing was in the closet, I thought sleepwalkers did there thing in whatever they were wearing.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Deny it til the end!!

"It wasn't me!"

Eddie Murphy-esque! And if you made her make the wooooooooo...woooooooooooohooooowww noise, then she will believe your story no matter what.

Here's the deal. If you have a good relationship, and you have been a good boyfriend, then she will believe you despite proof otherwise, and if you have not been a good boyfriend, and the relationship sucks, then she will NOT believe you no matter what the proof says.

Doppelganger is as good an excuse as any other, because it won't matter in the long run. She either wants you or she doesn't want you. Don't argue the point. Say your piece, and move on, and refuse to discuss it further.

Arguments with a woman are pointless anyway. Be a good man, and let the cards fall where they may.

ETA:
For what ever its worth, I don't believe you.
But, that doesn't mean you won't get away with it.

edit on 13-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Interesting, was he wearing the exact same clothes when you were on the phone with him?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Come on let's first think about logical answers before moving to paranormal answers.

If what you say is true, then my guesses are either she is lying/imagined it/dreamed it etc or you sleepwalked.
Do yo think any of that is possible?
edit on 13-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You could have changed clothes in your sleep.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Come on let's first think about logical answers before moving to paranormal answers.

If what you say is true, then my guesses are either she is lying/imagined it/dreamed it etc or you sleepwalked.

Yes I did, I slept in boxers and a free shirt I got from Springfield armory, if I was sleep walking wouldn't I have went over in that?
She could come up with a way better lie to end it, and if she wanted to would have been direct. In fact we're still together as of an hour ago, she asked me to come clean and be honest and we could move on so if I did anything that would have been the time to confess.
She was wide awake and saw what she saw.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Or he is lying....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Double O-M-G you are so right!

I had my doppelganger order 10 pizzas in my name,
Should have seen the look on the delivery girl's face when I said
I had not ordered them..

So OP, Silverado292...

I'm with you, Doppelgangers exist!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
Yes I did, I slept in boxers and a free shirt I got from Springfield armory, if I was sleep walking wouldn't I have went over in that?
She could come up with a way better lie to end it, and if she wanted to would have been direct. In fact we're still together as of an hour ago, she asked me to come clean and be honest and we could move on so if I did anything that would have been the time to confess.
She was wide awake and saw what she saw.

Well then in that case just admit that you did go over there, even if you didn't or don't remember doing it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

That moment passed already I'm not going to lie about something that didn't happen, I had ZERO reason to go over there so I guess I'm screwed.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
reply to post by WhoDat09

That moment passed already I'm not going to lie about something that didn't happen, I had ZERO reason to go over there so I guess I'm screwed.

LOLOLOL!! You just never learn do you?

I had ZERO reason to go over there

I'm screwed

Freudian Slip?

At this point, anything you say will either sound like a ridiculous excuse (doppelganger?), or be taken out of context to mean something else. Quit while you are ahead. Deny it, apologize that her feelings are hurt, and for anything you may have done in the past to give her a reason to doubt you, do something very nice for her (or to her depending on your player skill level), and then never discuss it again!!

Maybe you should re-watch the Shaggy clip posted earlier before you attempt this high-level maneuvering?

You're only getting in deeper if you discuss it further.
edit on 13-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I started hearing about my own "doppleganger" over 25 years ago. I got blamed for a lot of crap that I didn't do, got accused of being places I have never been, etc. Finally it all came to a head when I lost a good friendship because my friend's husband was cheating on her. After she tailed him one night she caught him meeting up with a woman she swore was me. Thank goodness the truth finally came out when she and her husband split up and he moved in with the woman and started bringing her around all our mutual friends. That woman could have been my identical twin! She lived in the next town and was the same age as me and looked EXACTLY like me even down to hairstyle and taste in clothes. When we finally met in person the only difference in our looks we could find is that she had blue eyes and I have two different color eyes. Let me tell you- I sure gave her an earful for all the crap I took over the years because of her!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well then I'll just be breaking up with her tonight, I wasn't there and I'm not going to kiss ass for no reason. As far as the Doppleganger thing it's the last thing I could think of because well no one else around here looks like me, it happened a few minutes after she left so that rules out sleepwalking, she wouldn't say she saw me etc... just to break up with me. As far as "skills" go thats one reason she's sticking around. So I think the great open minds at ats helped me out greatly I'll just dump her, problem solved. The thread can die off now.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thats a heck of an experience, but thats not the case in this instance. I own the clothes she saw, and my right hand until yesterday was all bandaged up from our trip to Rainier the weekend before.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Assuming you didn't bang the neighbor, it sounds like she saw someone else and mistook them for you because she's paranoid about the situation, OR she wants to end the relationship and is using this as a way to get out + put the fault on you. Either way, I wouldn't recommend sticking to the doppelganger defense. Far-fetched theories will only peak her suspicion..

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

That's probably for the best. If you don't care enough to worry that she believes what she believes, and her feelings are hurt, and you have surely done things along the way in the relationship that didn't always give her the best impression, and if she isn't smart enough to break up with you, then you should just break up with her.

Pleeeaaasseeee, none of us are perfect, we all make mistakes in a relationship. If you were gonna break up with her, you would have done it at the accusation stage, you wouldn't be looking for advice. Acknowledging her feelings isn't "kissing her ass," it is just being empathetic and concerned that she might have misinterpreted something.

Just get it over with, apologize that her feelings were hurt, stick to your story that you didn't do anything, and then give her whatever has been keeping her around in the first place.

Man-up. We all have to do it from time to time!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
She saw you head over to the neighbors house, how far did she see you go?

I mean if she was watching you then wouldn't she have seen you go inside the woman's house?

When she left did you go outside at all, Do you have any memory of that? maybe to put something in the trash/bin or to get something from your car etc?

What I mean is at what point did she go from seeing you heading to the woman's house and then not seeing you at all and losing track?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join