It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Doppelgänger just ruin my relationship?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Before I begin I must state that I was injured and those injuries can make communication difficult so if I don't make sense at times I apologize. If I don't directly respond to everyones post don't feel bad either.

The event happened around 3am, I was sleepy and wanted to go to bed and she wasn't so she went home. She was waiting for her ride and when she looked back towards the apartments she saw me head over to a neighbors house, a neighbor I have history with. She was able to describe what I was wearing and I own the clothes in question she even noticed my right hand being completely bandaged. Her ride brought her back and she knocked on her door with no answer, she really just should have knocked on mine and this story wouldn't be as bad.

She ended up calling at 4am by which time I was deep asleep because I DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE, except to dreamland right after she left. I've tried to put myself in her shoes and I think I would believe my own eyes over what she had to say. All of her friends and family are telling her to end it, my friends know I didn't do anything but when I ask them to switch shoes they'd believe their eyes as well. The relationship is more than likely doomed to failure anyways because I'm a pretty typical Scorpio and she's a typical Gemini, I just don't want to end over something I didn't do. I'll also state she's not a member or lurker on ATS so I'm not doing this to cover my ass. So could anyone help shed some light on just what the hell happened that night/ morning?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You got caught banging the neighbor lady and your trying to prove your innocence by showing your ex that a good chunk of people believe in dopplegangers.

OK so I'm gonna help a brother out.

Dopplegangers exist.
Its a big conspiracy.

link   

Originally posted by Silverado292

The event happened around 3am, I was sleepy and wanted to go to bed and she wasn't so she went home. She was waiting for her ride and when she looked back towards the apartments she saw me head over to a neighbors house, a neighbor I have history with. She was able to describe what I was wearing and I own the clothes in question she even noticed my right hand being completely bandaged. Her ride brought her back and she knocked on her door with no answer, she really just should have knocked on mine and this story wouldn't be as bad.

sounds like a case of 'she saw what she wanted to see'

to me

link   
go ahead for a lie detector test like voice stress analysis,polygraph and prove it that you are not lieing.Tell her to trully ask herself

link   
Easy. Just get her and your neighbor together and ask your neighbor if you came over. Should be an interesting conversation.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Deny it til the end!!

"It wasn't me!"

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I haven't drank today I guess you didn't read the beginning part of the post.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yeah my doppelganger is always getting me into trouble with the ladies as well.

edit on 13-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
LOL I say go to your neighbors house with you girlfriend and ask her did you come over when she says she saw you go over there.

May get a bit weird if she says you did ...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

No apparently the neighbor lady was the first place she went. I bet she had the whole story before she called him up.

Dude you got caught.

A word of advice OP.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So, I'm guessing she did not knock on your door because she was certain she saw you go to the neighbor's house, yes? Crazy story and no, I don't think your relationship was ruined by a doppelganger, but it may very well end due to lack of trust... Maybe for good reason...

ETA:
If doppelgangers are more than myth and yours is hanging around, perhaps it's an omen?
OP, is your life in need of reflection?

Generally considered as omens of bad luck or even signs of impending death, those who try to communicate with their own Doppelgänger are regarded as foolhardy and ill fated. 3

edit on 13-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Although...my own mother almost beat a stranger outside of the subway when I was a kid because she was certain it was me smoking

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
I'll also state she's not a member or lurker on ATS so I'm not doing this to cover my ass.

Yeah right.

Maybe she did knock on your door, but she's not telling you (two-faced Gemini) to hook you in.

Sounds like there's no trust there anyway, so you may as well save yourselves a lot of grief and end it now....I mean, if you can't hang out together just because one is tired and wants to sleep and the other is awake (but subtextually didn't feel comfortable just staying there) then it's probably not going to last anyway.

Oh, or it could be a doppelganger, I mean, that's so obvious, because humans are never deceitful.

Personally, I don't buy your story.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
C'mon man,
what's a typical scorpio and a typical gemini got to do with anything?
relationship doooomed, not for astrological reasons,
or indeed a doppleganger trying to sabotage your life.
She wants out man, face the reality.
Accept the truth with grace and dignity, if you have done no wrong then you can move on with a clear conscience.
Thats all.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Strange events, to be sure.

One of my close friends, Chris, said he saw me in Auckland last week and went up and started talking to me.

Whoever this person was (it wasn't me) didn't know Chris at all.

It makes me wonder about someone unknown who looks just like me, so close that we could actually cross each other's path.

Could they do things that I get blamed for & vice versa?

Perhaps I should become a despot over some third world country (like the USA) and then I could employ my doubles to confuse everyone who opposes my megalomaniacal plans.

Bwa haa haa!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yup she was certain it was me, the neighbor in question thinks the whole thing is stupid because I didn't show up.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Do you have a history of sleepwalking? You could have walked to your neighbors house and not even know it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join