It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Doppelgänger just ruin my relationship?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Just break up with her and start a relationship with your next door neighbor, no need for fancy doppelganger stories when you get the urge to sleep with her again...doppelgangers? i mean come on now
Have a bit of respect for yourself and current partner. This all hinges on the idea that your posts isn't complete nonsense fishing for flags or stars of course.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Maybe it wasn't a doppleganger, maybe you were astral travelling?
Or maybe the person who looked like you was from out of town...did you ask the neighbor if there was anybody there? If you had history you know some women go for a certain type and they all closely resemble each other so she could have had a late night booty call with someone out of town who looks and dresses like you? I don't know there are many possibilities. Maybe she hallucinated it too. I don't know what to tell you.
edit on 13-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: spellin

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I have acknowledged her feelings I also know if the roles were reversed I'd believe my own eyes. So how should this apology go? "Hey baby sorry you feel bad because thought you saw me go somewhere I didn't go to?" Or "Fine I can't live with this lie anymore yes I went over at 3am to her house even though she goes to bed at 11pm every night she didn't kill me isn't that amazing?" "Why did you go over there" "Well..... um.. because, ah hell I forgot to build up an elaborate story to tell you." Am I on the mark on those apologizes???

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

The apartments have patios there's a space that you can walk through without having to around thats where she saw me turn. Anyone that can fit through the space uses that way as an entry/exit. Also I didn't go back outside, I went to sleep.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Nope your right I waited for 3 years to activate my troll powers you so got me

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think she is playing games and firing an accusation at you of her own suspicion in hopes that you will admit to something that she didn't really see but is rather terrified of. She believes that your "excuse" of being tired yet not inviting her to stay is a cover for dropping in on the girl next door, with whom you have "history" with. She obviously knows about the "history" and is testing the clearance.

All of this, of course, depends on your story being completely genuine.

She's suspicious, jealous and generally an non-trusting type. OR... You are playing her and feeding the suspicion.
If it's her, She obviously cares but if she's the jealous type and does this again end it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
So I think the great open minds at ats helped me out greatly I'll just dump her, problem solved. The thread can die off now.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

You are quick to just roll over and give up on the girl you "love" if you are innocent here... just saying....

If you love her.... and you didn't do it... Why are you wanting to dump her? She is giving you opportunities to make it right.... So why are you not taking them if you love her?

I think you got caught and are looking for evidence that dopplegangers exist.... Which is just.... I mean come on... is that the best you can come up with if you are going to lie to her?

GetReady has offered good advice...If you love her... You can still be with her....so why are you so damn quick to just cut and run if you really did not go bang your neighbor?

I don't believe you.... Oh well... Maybe it is for the best that you break it off with her....
edit on 13-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

It depends. Do you care about her or not? Do you want it to be sincere or not? Do you actually feel anything or not?

My apology, (guilty or innocent is of no consequence, the apology is the same either way), my apology would be,

"Honey, I'm so sorry your feelings were hurt and you couldn't get a hold of me. If I'd known you were at home stressing over this, you know I would have picked up the phone in a second. You know I didn't go over to that apartment, I don't know what you saw, but it was late, and I'm sorry I didn't get your call. I've been there, done that, and now I'm with you, and I don't want to change that. Sure, I could have other women, but I choose you. I don't want anyone else. Get back over here, lets rent a movie, and I'll make this up to you all night. If there is any doubt how attracted I am to you after tonight, you can always leave me tomorrow?"

Works for me, but then again, I warn my women up front that I am not good at being faithful, and I often tell on myself before they even have a chance to complain.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I think he is wanting to break it off with her now because he realizes he can't come up with a good excuse.... a good lie.... he got caught and realizes it is over, so now he wants to try and put some doubt in her head... Make her think that maybe she is crazy...

Hoping that she will come crawling back.... Which is a mean thing to do...

A real man would admit what he did....Then again a real man does not cheat on some one he loves.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Honestly though I have seen some pretty bad cases of breakup denial. I watched otherwise reasonable people do some pretty strange stuff or having off the wall fantasies.

Read This and you will see what I mean.

edit on 11/9/13 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Thanks for the additional reply, I don't cheat if I find someone thats better than I break it off, I don't see a need to cause anymore problems. As for breaking it off, well I got pretty #ed up in the military and being disabled and only receiving 243 goddamn dollars a month doesn't exactly make me want to go out and date. So this is the first relationship I've had in over 5 years, so I've been with her for a month and single for 5 years, I have no problems being single with less stress. And if I did do it I'd tell her to her face and laugh about it, because I figure if was an asshole cheater then that would be the correct response.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

And if I did do it I'd tell her to her face and laugh about it

Awesome.... You should be real proud of the fact that you could cheat on some one, tell them you cheated on them and then laugh in their face about it..... ( As tears run down their face) You should be proud....... No really.....

Meh, this thread is just gross. I'm done.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Things like this can actually happen to people, but from seeing most of these posts here that ridicule the entire notion, it would be difficult at best, to convince anyone...

People that have not experienced the forces of hell, or seen what those forces are capabe of, simply will not be able to wrap their heads around what is happening to you..

OP, if you want to know more about what is going on then send me a U2U message, and I will try to help.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Excellent job on the reading there bud, that was a stab at people who cheat. I clearly stated I'm not the type to, I've been cheated on and it's not pleasant so I don't do it to others.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I was gonna be out with gimme_some_truth, but you have my attention again.

"Forces of Hell"

I suppose things like this do happen to people, but if they are in a good relationship, the other party just shrugs it off like their eyes are playing tricks on them, but if they are in a bad relationship, the drive around the block and beat on a stranger's door instead of beating on their boyfriend's door.

The "forces of hell" you speak of are our own ghosts. We create them. Things like this don't just happen to decent people. They happen to people that deserve it, because.....well.....they deserve it.

I don't believe in doppelgangers, but it is entirely irrelevant. If I was climbing into a car at 3 a.m., and I thought I saw my wife going into someone's door, I would either shrug it off like a hallucination, or I would walk up and knock on her door and ask her about it. If my wife asked me something about seeing me go into someone's house, I would look at her like she was crazy, give her the brief, "wasn't me" and then go on with whatever I was doing before. She wouldn't push the issue, because either she believes me, or because our relationship is so good that she isn't leaving either way, so why fight about something that might have been a mistaken identity?

Good relationships don't have doppelgangers or forces of hell. Bad ones might, and I'm sure they are real enough to those involved, but I'm also sure they are of their own making.

Here is a GRA quote for you, "The forces of hell are real, and they reside inside each of us, and we choose whether to materialize or trivialize them by our own willl."

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Just a theory here... maybe you actually did and you don't remember. Sleepwalking perhaps? I think you should talk to your neighbor. Or if it's doomed to end, then just end it and know you didn't do anything wrong.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

I did talk to her she was asleep by 11pm as she normally is, she also would have killed me for waking her up at 3am. She is also madly in love with another man and wouldn't mess that up one bit. The sleep walking bit doesn't seem to fit for me because the shirt she saw was in my closet, I would have also had to find my shorts, get socks and put on my shoes, is that possible with sleep walking. As far as breaking it off she'll be swinging by and we'll be discussing it. Edit to add: She saw me 10 minutes after she left.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
You got caught banging the neighbor lady and your trying to prove your innocence by showing your ex that a good chunk of people believe in dopplegangers.

OK so I'm gonna help a brother out.

Dopplegangers exist.
Its a big conspiracy.

Loved your response. Although I think the OP is very serious. I don't know if they do exist. However, you may want to entertain a disassociation episode vs..a doppelganger. More likely. You did say you were in a deep sleep. Maybe you are doing things in your sleep and are just not aware of it?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

I was in a deep sleep at 4am, she saw me 10 minutes after she left while she was waiting for her ride. Thanks for the non Condescending post.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Excellent job on the reading there bud, that was a stab at people who cheat. I clearly stated I'm not the type to, I've been cheated on and it's not pleasant so I don't do it to others.

You think I didn't catch that you were trying to make yourself out to not be a cheater? What can I say? I read what you wrote with no problem...Only thing is.... I am not stupid.

Since my stab was over your head, mine was a stab at how obvious it is that you cheated and are trying to come up with a lie to get out of it.... Come here looking for evidence of doppelgangers? Did you really think anyone would believe that?

Yeah...you are clearly not the type to cheat and try to find a lie to get out of it after you are caught....

What could I possibly have been thinking?

You clearly said a lot of things... As for reading... Most here are more than capable of reading between the lines.... With all due respect... If you are going to lie to her. Come up with a better lie.

There is not a doppelganger, that looks just like you, dresses just like you, has an injury just like you, that is now banging the neighbor girl that you used to bang...

As rational as that is.....I mean... yeah...clearly I am crazy for not believing you....

Note: Nobody believes you.

Good day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join