It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Psychiatric" "help" "$0.05": The "doctor" is in!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

I thought most people who understand how this twisted world works would have a horrorfied look on their face!

Although it would be nice to know why the sea anemone's only torment me.......(sorry almost broke character there!)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Not really , more a look of amusment. Being able to understand why something is, traced back to its roots, is auctually quite something to behold.

The bonus is people are paying you for your throughts and answers + the money is great lol.
edit on 12-9-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

You are too funny. Ask and ye shall receive...

My question is regarding the myth of Sisyphus.

So in saying, the dude has to roll a rock up a hill forever as when he gets to the top it rolls back down again for eternity...my question is this.

Wouldn't either the rock or the hill eventually wear down? Sooner or later the hill will be gone and Sisyphus will roll his rock until he falls in the sea...isn't this a logical outcome?

Also, where is that missing sock?

CJ

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Oooh good questions.

Time loop/dimensional twist at the top of the hill so the whole thing takes place over and over in the same instant? Kind of seems too easy, like a cop-out answer. Hmmm. fresh rocks introduced from outside the system? Another cop-out. Maybe that's how Sysyphus wins in the end...he ginds down the rock...

The sock is with that ring and that book. They might have gone to the land where washing-machine lint comes from.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Ok I'll play.

Hey there doc! I have this problem you see. I don't think I have any real psychiatric problems. Is this true?

I have heard that people go to see shrinks, to shrink there world into little explainable boxes and store them among the cobwebs of there minds basement. But what happens when you got to many boxes around and you end up tripping over them?
Does that mean you have to many problems?
Or does it mean your just lazy and need to clean up all the boxes?
Or does it mean your crazy to keep old boxes around?

Here is a better question doc.

Can anybody really help anybody else if they did not at first want to help themselves? The old saying "Help me help you" comes to mind. And many use it especially those who want to save others or want to be saved and some have made whole cults among that premise. But none can save you if you cant save yourself. So there is a fault somewhere in that.

And after all even those who go see shrinks really just go there to enforce the path that they themselves have chosen to follow, or got there to hear what they want to hear, and most want to be told what they want to do, but the majority I think just want to be told what to do.

So who is the crazy one? Him who wants to be told that he is OK and all is right with his world. Or the one who agrees to say what he wants to hear for a fee? What kind of strange dance is that.

Strange people are, needing conformation form strangers for there chosen path. And so doc what is your conformation of my above words on a path I outlined?

So whats the verdict doc? Am I crazy?

edit on 12-9-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Ok I'll play.

Hey there doc! I have this problem you see. I don't think I have any real psychiatric problems. Is this true?

I have heard that people go to see shrinks, to shrink there world into little explainable boxes and store them among the cobwebs of there minds basement. But what happens when you got to many boxes around and you end up tripping over them?

I think you are correct in your line of questioning...I agree we shouldn't assume shrinks are our friends...even if they mean no harm personally as individuals, they exist in a network of money and power that is corrupt. So you are right to question this system and you probably aren't crazy, at least not based on that.

And after all even those who go see shrinks really just go there to enforce the path that they themselves have chosen to follow, or got there to hear what they want to hear, and most want to be told what they want to do, but the majority I think just want to be told what to do.

So who is the crazy one? Him who wants to be told that he is OK and all is right with his world. Or the one who agrees to say what he wants to hear for a fee?

Neither one is crazy. They are both trying to get by, to suck in more energy than they output. the doc is set up in a power nexus that allows him to manipulate these people. But these people set themselves up for it too and have to shoulder some of the blame. Neither one is blameless.

And so doc what is your conformation of my above words on a path I outlined?

So whats the verdict doc? Am I crazy?

Not at all, perfecly sane!

Funny how that might not be as comforting to be told as it first seems, no? Sanity is a kind of responsibility you know...

edit on 12-9-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I think you are correct in your line of questioning...I agree we shouldn't assume shrinks are our friends...even if they mean no harm personally as individuals, they exist in a network of money and power that is corrupt. So you are right to question this system and you probably aren't crazy, at least not based on that.

Could be but both also get what they want out of there transactions.

Not at all, perfecly sane!

That's good doc. Here I thought I would have to do like homer Simpson did in a episode and get myself a not sane certificate to prove that I am quite sane.

As I figure it, it shouldnt be to hard to obtain one. All I would have to do is buy some of those fancy papers certificates come on, and print me one up.

Funny how that might not be as comforting to be told as it first seems, no? Sanity is a kind of responsibility you know.

I promise that I will try to be as sane as possible. But I wont promise that I will try all that hard. After all I would not want to go crazy, trying to be sane, in a crazy world.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Thanks for the thoughts. I see a potential for poor ole' sisypants to lobby some seriously high profile lawyers (there must be many in hell) who could tie up the process for years in hell court. At least he should give it a shot?

Also, I found that sock. I forgot I was wearing it.

CJ

top topics

<< 1   >>

join