It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can take my Nerf gun when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Gun eduction is better than gun banning. I got to fire my first gun at the age of 8, before that I loved the things. After that didn't care for them. Oh, sure I'll go down to the range with the boys and bring my pitiful .22 and shoot, but don't deal with things otherwise.

Also those people are idiots, TPTB prolly funds and trains them .

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sorry, I may have missed a post or two.

Was watching this.

edit on 9-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
Gun eduction is better than gun banning. I got to fire my first gun at the age of 8, before that I loved the things. After that didn't care for them. Oh, sure I'll go down to the range with the boys and bring my pitiful .22 and shoot, but don't deal with things otherwise.

Also those people are idiots, TPTB prolly funds and trains them .

Teach the kid's how to use guns properlY!!

I totally agree.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

I don't know, but I get the biggest adrenaline rush out of target practice; my heart speeds up and I get a little excited. But I will tell you this, I would never, ever want to shoot anyone, ever. Maybe it's the feel for that power in your hands or something that gives you a rush. I'm not really sure, cuz I'm just a girl, but somehow I think that's the draw men get. Who knows for sure.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

It's an ugly sensation. It hurts. Soul deep. But it is a job that has to be done. And it is a job for grown men/women.
God help uis all.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It's an ugly sensation. It hurts. Soul deep. But it is a job that has to be done. And it is a job for grown men/women.
God help uis all.

I heard people throw up...it's like a physical reaction. I'm pretty sure I'll never be that grown up; okay so yeah I would be if it came down to it, but absolutely would not want to. Maybe if I had to protect loved ones I guess.
But yes, biggest ouchie ever.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

God help uis all.

I heard people throw up...it's like a physical reaction. I'm pretty sure I'll never be that grown up; okay so yeah I would be if it came down to it, but absolutely would not want to. Maybe if I had to protect loved ones I guess.

Personally? It's the closest you can get to hell without trying.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah that's pretty piss poor alright. I love Nerf toys myself. They're the reason that thousands upon thousands of windows and skulls don't get broken every year. Nerf toys are a parent's best friend. Look, kids are going to be destructive from time to time. Breaking stuff is massive fun. Shooting stuff is also loads of fun. So when you can combine the shooting with the safe aspect, it's a win win. The kid can shoot, and nothing gets broken. They can pretend that they shot and killed you or the family dog, but all is well. The little spongey balls always do the trick.

To say that these toys lead to real guns later is just silly. What are we supposed to do next? Ban Steven Sagal movies and all video games? If anything they Nerf Co. enables children an outlet to fill the need of smashing someone in the head from across the room. It's what kids inherently want to do. Take that away from them and windows and ER doctors will never forgive you.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

God help uis all.

Personally? It's the closest you can get to hell without trying.

Well, that explains alot to me...with the vets I've known anyway. It's all clicking now, makes a sordid kind of sense.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear

Originally posted by camaro68ss
These people make me sick. you know what I i did with my family this weekend. we went up to our familys 1,200 acre ranch and everyone holsters a loaded gun up there, even my 12 year old brother. Its call responsibility

Why does everyone need a gun when you're all together? Afraid of what happened in "Red Dawn" or what? I'm all about gun freedom, but, hell, they're for self defense. Why does everyone need a piece for a picnic?

Eta: it is called responsibility only when people are being responsible.
Were you expecting an invasion of grizzly bears? Alligators? Mugwumps?
edit on 9-9-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

This wasn't directed a me but when we were growing up we always carried something if we went into the field, woods or down to the river. During appropriate hunting season you never know when you would flush some doves, see a squirrel or a rabbit. Other times a snake in the field, woods or rascally bottle floating down the river. It was always appropriate to setup targets, be they rocks, cans or bottles for practice just to have something to do.

I guess it all comes down to when and where you grew up and live.
edit on 9/9/2011 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I bought one for my son, NEVER worked right, ended up taking it back and getting him the sniper rifle
I really liked that machine gun

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Carmina Burana O Fortuna, I loved that in Excalibur

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I actually have one.
My kids are all grown and going to college

edit on 9-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I WANT ONE!!!!

If and when I do get one the wife's cat better watch out!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

lucky you...does it misfeed or jam on you?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is a very serious subject, in fact it is part of a world-wide campaign.

It's all about demonizing the gun, and other weapons, programing children to become better slaves...rejecting, and psychologically repulsing anything to do with self-defense, autonomy, and reliance.

The Political Elites of the world are in the final stages of an all-out attack on individualism. Any activity that promotes child self-awareness, autonomy, critical thinking, and, above all, self-reliance, is being massively attacked.
As an Martial Arts instructor, working with schools, kids, their parents and teachers, I've noticed a huge psychological change. We used to have so many request that I had to recruit ten instructors specifically for that environment. In the last ~10 years I've notice a huge mentality shift in the school programming of children, and their "authorized" activities.

They want Hive Mentality, they promote collectivism, they are programing slaves.
It's one of the latter stages in the attack on Human Individual Consciousness. The "I" is being destroyed in favor of the "We". Weakness, and dependence is their new religion...

They want sheep, not wolves...for they are the wolves...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CerBeRus666
This is a very serious subject, in fact it is part of a world-wide campaign.

It's all about demonizing the gun, and other weapons, programing children to become better slaves...rejecting, and psychologically repulsing anything to do with self-defense, autonomy, and reliance.

The Political Elites of the world are in the final stages of an all-out attack on individualism. Any activity that promotes child self-awareness, autonomy, critical thinking, and, above all, self-reliance, is being massively attacked.
As an Martial Arts instructor, working with schools, kids, their parents and teachers, I've noticed a huge psychological change. We used to have so many request that I had to recruit ten instructors specifically for that environment. In the last ~10 years I've notice a huge mentality shift in the school programming of children, and their "authorized" activities.

They want Hive Mentality, they promote collectivism, they are programing slaves.
It's one of the latter stages in the attack on Human Individual Consciousness. The "I" is being destroyed in favor of the "We". Weakness, and dependence is their new religion...

They want sheep, not wolves...for they are the wolves...

Don't worry, I always said I was raised by wolves...
Some of us know better...and thank goodness for that. That is the one thing I can say I did right...I raised my kids to think for themselves; absolutely.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Great fun. I shoot my cat and empty beer cans off the piano

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I can see buffalo doing something as stupid as this. I lived there for years and the people there are nuts. One of the reasons I moved. Folks there would really think that nerf guns would lead to real guns later. Heck on most days you can go to the east side and buy a real one from some guys car trunk. East side is a war zone. Geez the town has a failed school system. They banned fracking in the city limits back a while ago. I would love to see how some one is going to drill for gas in the city limits.
I've been shooting since I was 5. The best way to teach kids to respect guns is to take them to the range . Teach them safe handleing and gun saftey. Good lord teaching them toys are bad. Why can't kids just be kids anymore?
Hey Slayer nice gun . Didn't know they made one like that. Beez great thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

im calling peta on you

shame shame!!!!

cruelty to animals

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join