It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can take my Nerf gun when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I miss the nerf swords. =/

now they got these...

I miss the old 80s/90s one where you had targets on the hilt
edit on 9-9-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

i did sorry it goes to the op they are concerned about taking away things from the public but when it all boils down to it

the cops keeps theirs
the criminal keeps theirs

and we still get screwed.

As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust. Laws disarming honest citizens proclaim that the government is the master, not the servant, of the people. -- Jeff Snyder

i get tunnel vision when it comes to the second ammendment

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sweet !! It's great all the cool stuff out there for "kids" big or small.
Too Beez, I was raised around guns and have been shooting them since I was five yrs old [I'm way older now] We never had a problem in my house because everybody knew the rules. "Don't touch any gun without a adult supervising ". Pretty simple and only once was there a issue and I was the one to deal with it! My father approved of my response by the way. These days people ignore the simplest of rules as if they are not applicable to them. So is it any wonder that so many laws are broken? Make all the laws you want but if the populace ignore them what good are they? This toy gun buy back is a ridiculous waste of time and effort!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Same here.
My boy is more interested in light sabres though. Closest thing I could get!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Breaking News........

An eight year old boy was arrested and jailed for having an illegal cache of arms.

Arms Cache

HOLY $#!%

that's enough nerf guns to..well...DESTROY THE WORLD!

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by beezzer

They'd probably confiscate my Zombie Survival kit loadout...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43b83a851a09.jpg[/atsimg]

I want those. Kind of off topic but does anyone here want to go into a store and buy some of the stuff you loved as a kid but are too afraid because people will think you're creepy? anyone else?

Edit: I guess it's different for other people. I'm not really too old for toys (never is too old so to speak but honestly I'm still a "kid". Even if I don't want to be considered one.
)
edit on 9/9/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Keep him away from the replica ones! My gf's eight year old has a Vader replica and I got the Mace Windu one. Awesome looking and sounds like a "real one" but they are a bit pricey. Yea Drew the toys now are way better then the ones I grew up with!

edit on 9-9-2011 by hangedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yep, Nerf guns are gateway guns. PC gone wild. Next thing you know they will be upset at laser tag or paint ball fights.

I guess the PC crowd would be horrified at an innocent game of cowboys and indians or is it soldiers and terrorist now.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

In the states I had several guns, and rifles. My young son and I (the oldest wasn't ever interested) used to go on different ranges every weekend. At home, the weapons were cleaned and went into my safe. The ammo, into another safe. The only thing I ever kept loaded was my Bersa (hollow points) in a biometric safe next to my bed.

It's how you raise a child/children that'll expose their respect (or not) to weapons.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Skewed

i get tunnel vision when it comes to the second ammendment

I too also hold firm to a few beliefs that are not negotiable in any way. Regarding those beliefs, the only way to convince me otherwise is to just kill me.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
Yep, Nerf guns are gateway guns. PC gone wild. Next thing you know they will be upset at laser tag or paint ball fights.

I guess the PC crowd would be horrified at an innocent game of cowboys and indians or is it soldiers and terrorist now.

LOL They probably would. Speaking of the PC crowd I have a apology to offer to some people (anyone who cares) I keep talking about liberals being annoying. Sadly I've got the wrong group. Liberals aren't annoying, it's the PC crowd.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by beezzer

Yea Drew the toys now are way better then the ones I grew up with!

edit on 9-9-2011 by hangedman13 because: (no reason given)

Really? I always feel older toys are more imaginative. Now days there are too many regulations of the toys themselves.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have two boys, and I can damn well assure you if they instituted a Nerf buyback, they'd be the first in line to get some cash...

...So they could go down to gamestop and pick up whatever newest ultraviolent game just came out!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

LOL They probably would. Speaking of the PC crowd I have a apology to offer to some people (anyone who cares) I keep talking about liberals being annoying. Sadly I've got the wrong group. Liberals aren't annoying, it's the PC crowd.

i read the op and the only people who are dumb enough to do that stuff are liberals and point of fact the political correctness came about from the liberal crowd.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
I have two boys, and I can damn well assure you if they instituted a Nerf buyback, they'd be the first in line to get some cash...

...So they could go down to gamestop and pick up whatever newest ultraviolent game just came out!!!

Would that not be funny if when you turned the nerf gun in
you got the game Grand Theft Auto!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's why I'm apologizing. It's easy to get it confused. Yes the PC movement came from liberal ideas (right?) but that doesn't mean I should rage at liberals for the few PC idiots. anyways that's kind of off topic. If you want to make a rant topic in the rant forum I'd be willing to star and flag your post.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Every Halloween I whip out old Bessy here. Trick or Treat my left foot! They're after my booze!

I catch the little buggers out in the open coming across the lawn. They can't maneuver much all weighted down with candies. They drop like flies. Next day I have all the candy, plastic pumpkin buckets and wigs I can handle and then some...

RATA TAT TAT TAT....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcca3bd970d7.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Halloween booty...yummo...

edit on 9-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

edit on 9-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

edit on 9-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: deleted b-day

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I think it's rainbows and flowers now. Though, in MY "neighborhood" all the kids wear modified BDU's.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys

Depends how old they are. If they're over the age of ten then obviously nerf isn't as cool but to a 7 or 8 year old. They'd prolly take nerf over the new CoD game. and no I don't care if a 7 or 8 year old plays CoD...well actually I do but...well I'm really off topic now. I'm going to stop now.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
These people make me sick. you know what I i did with my family this weekend. we went up to our familys 1,200 acre ranch and everyone holsters a loaded gun up there, even my 12 year old brother. Its call responsibility

Why does everyone need a gun when you're all together? Afraid of what happened in "Red Dawn" or what? I'm all about gun freedom, but, hell, they're for self defense. Why does everyone need a piece for a picnic?

Eta: it is called responsibility only when people are being responsible.
Were you expecting an invasion of grizzly bears? Alligators? Mugwumps?
edit on 9-9-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join